The "tiredfornow was right the whole time" OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but think this poll is trying to distract us from something else...

I better take a look around for the alternate poll that only Cheapy has voted on to start automatically charging a "handsome" tax for making trades/posting deals.

[quote name='wubb']Local Gamestop didn't have any copies of X-Men. :cry:[/quote]

This game?
200132b.jpg

If so, its available online for $4.99
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=43259

[quote name='dallow']oh I tried the viva piñata demo
I'm in love![/quote]

I saw you playing the demo last night...are you going to buy the first or go straight for the 2nd one?

[quote name='manthing']Dallow gots a girlyfriend...

Who is apparently using him for his That Circle[/quote]

That Circle = Butthole?

I kid...I kid...

Didn't know Dallow was active with the ladies.

I'll get part 1 first to familiarize myself with the series.
And I forgot to thank you for the socom code. Thank you!!!!

Yes. I like ladies.

I wonder why Assassin's Creed bothered
making the thing where you are a present day descendant and reliving Altair's memories through some sort of scifi table a 'twist' and didn't just reveal it as part of the previews, etc. I mean you find out about it a few minutes into the game.

Also I lulled a bit at having to fight the guy who was my leader throughout the game. At this point doing that isn't even a twist. It's expected that in every game made the seemingly benevolent leader will turn out to be evil incarnate and be the final boss.

Apparently it's supposed to be a trilogy but IIRC AC didn't review as well as hoped (not sure on the sales numbers) so I wonder if they are scrapping that plan or not.

[quote name='wubb']I need box + manual.

Would it be $5 in store as well. I'll probably check other GS in a few days.

I wish they still guaranteed complete and let you stack codes. I'd be all over it.[/quote]

Yes, should be same price instore...just look it up by your zip code, should tell you who has it instock nearby. It's a decent game...I had fun with it...tends to get a bit frustrating towards the end.

[quote name='dallow']I'll get part 1 first to familiarize myself with the series.
And I forgot to thank you for the socom code. Thank you!!!!

Yes. I like ladies.[/quote]

Cool.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that too, wondered if I sent the PM or not, since you didn't say anything. I haven't tried it out myself yet :oops:

[quote name='wubb']I wonder why Assassin's Creed bothered
making the thing where you are a present day descendant and reliving Altair's memories through some sort of scifi table a 'twist' and didn't just reveal it as part of the previews, etc. I mean you find out about it a few minutes into the game.

Also I lulled a bit at having to fight the guy who was my leader throughout the game. At this point doing that isn't even a twist. It's expected that in every game made the seemingly benevolent leader will turn out to be evil incarnate and be the final boss.

Apparently it's supposed to be a trilogy but IIRC AC didn't review as well as hoped (not sure on the sales numbers) so I wonder if they are scrapping that plan or not.[/quote]

I read somewhere not too long ago that AC2 might be a timed exclusive for the X360...so I guess its in the works still.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yes, should be same price instore...just look it up by your zip code, should tell you who has it instock nearby. It's a decent game...I had fun with it...tends to get a bit frustrating towards the end.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the one I checked was listed as 'in stock' on the website but didn't actually have a copy. I always have bad luck with that B&M stock checker.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I read somewhere not too long ago that AC2 might be a timed exclusive for the X360...so I guess its in the works still.[/QUOTE]

That'd be great. All in all I really enjoyed the game.

[quote name='wubb']Yeah the one I checked was listed as 'in stock' on the website but didn't actually have a copy. I always have bad luck with that B&M stock checker.[/quote]

Always call ahead...some times they even hold them for you.

My PC is out for delivery, my Play-Asia order shipped, and my Castle Crashers Knights are in transit :whee:

EDIT: Castle Crasher Knights should hit my mailbox today :whee:

[quote name='wubb']I wonder why Assassin's Creed bothered

Apparently it's supposed to be a trilogy but IIRC AC didn't review as well as hoped (not sure on the sales numbers) so I wonder if they are scrapping that plan or not.[/QUOTE]

It made greatest hits on the PS3... sales can't be *THAT* bad.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I just bought a 250GB hard drive for that triple! :whee:[/QUOTE]

How much? And if it's cheap, where?!

[quote name='wubb']That'd be great. All in all I really enjoyed the game.[/QUOTE]
If they found a way to get the variety up and took out the stupid present day segments, I'd be all over a sequel.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
If they found a way to get the variety up and took out the stupid present day segments, I'd be all over a sequel.[/QUOTE]

Well I think those segments are what they are going to use to tie everything together as a trilogy.
My guess would be you'll be reliving a different ancestor in a sequel. If you remember the present day dude gets the Eagle Vision power at the end of AC so I'd guess he'll gain more and more powers as he relives more memories from the past. Maybe the 3rd game would be solely or at least largely played with him as the bad ass protagonist.

And yeah the variety definitely needs upped.

It felt like it had the framework to be a pretty cool GTA set in the middle ages type game but they fell flat on mission variety.

(making mini black holes)

It's nonsense," said James Gillies.

the only risk would be if a beam at full power were to go out of control
-----------
Oh ok.. glad he's thought this out...

[quote name='wubb']Remote possibility.

I'll bet you that it doesn't destroy the Earth. My $10,000 to your $100. Sound good?[/quote]

Well it says it won't be at full power for a couple more years...does that mean that they plan to run that machine at full power :shock:...shit...like we don't have enough crap to worry about already.

[quote name='wubb']Played for 100 hours, eh? Such an obnoxious achievement. MS should veto crap like that.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. But I can't help leaving it on. It's a sickness. o_O

Should find out if I crack 50 tonight... not sure if the current method of leaving it on is working correctly.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Well it says it won't be at full power for a couple more years...does that mean that they plan to run that machine at full power :shock:...shit...like we don't have enough crap to worry about already.[/QUOTE]

Don't bother worrying about things outside the realm of your control.
Regardless of what you do, they will continue. If they kill us all, oh well.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']hopefully, it's making cheese.:cool:[/quote]

For 120 points?

Meh...I'm over the cheese whoring bit, I think

:oops:

---------------------------------------

LivelyPerv:

You've seen crossection pictures right? fucking thing looks like the Death Star laser

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Don't bother worrying about things outside the realm of your control.
Regardless of what you do, they will continue. If they kill us all, oh well.[/quote]

Normally I could give a crap if I go, but having a son puts things in different perspective.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm with you. But I can't help leaving it on. It's a sickness. o_O

Should find out if I crack 50 tonight... not sure if the current method of leaving it on is working correctly.[/quote]

Is that for Katamari?

[quote name='manthing']LivelyPerv:

You've seen crossection pictures right? fucking thing looks like the Death Star laser[/quote]

Oh yeah...fucking twisted.

You know, I bought that game at TRU on clearance, yet I've yet to play it...

:whistle2:k

EDIT:

ARGGH...

*aims look of smoldering rage at LP*

Copycat

:whistle2:(

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Normally I could give a crap if I go, but having a son puts things in different perspective.[/QUOTE]

I understand... but what can you do to prevent them from creating a black hole and destroying us all? See what I'm sayin'?:cool:

It would be wild if that thing does destroy the Earth. I guess it would be compacted down into nothingness. No evidence we'd ever been here outside of a few deep space probes and some radio waves...

What if the reason we can't detect other intelligent life is because they tend to destroy themselves via experiments like this soon after developing the sort of technology you'd need to look outside of your own solar system.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I understand... but what can you do to prevent them from creating a black hole and destroying us all? See what I'm sayin'?:cool:[/quote]

Nuke the fuckers before the get the chance :cool:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I bought that game for like $10 and haven't even played it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='manthing']You know, I bought that game at TRU on clearance, yet I've yet to play it...[/QUOTE]

*checks IPs*

I knew manthing was a joke account!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back