Not open for further replies.
GIFs from Around the World!

USA!
1239875383_fake_wrestling.gif

Japan!
1325068112_wrestling_a_kid.gif

Mexico!
midget_wrestling.gif

[quote name='MorPhiend']And now my contribution to the gif's...

photo.gif

(As well as my double post contribution. Let's get this thread gone!)[/QUOTE]

Wow.. that really is Miz grabbing some CM Junk.

What I mean is:
20-1.jpg

And now... I present to you, the first ever Bury This Thread Dance Competition!!!!

jeff_hardy_01.gif
VS.
diva.gif

la_parka.gif
vs
regal.gif

norman_smiley.gif
vs
michaels_01.gif

VfAs5.gif%22
vs
WIUzs.gif

ROUND 1....FIGHT!!!!!!!

[quote name='ced']GIFs from Around the World!

USA!
1239875383_fake_wrestling.gif

Japan!
1325068112_wrestling_a_kid.gif

Mexico!
midget_wrestling.gif
[/QUOTE]

Boooooo on the first 2 not working. However, the Mexico one...

:rofl: :rofl:

[quote name='Spyder187']I think the only thing Undertaker related that has been buried as much as this thread was Sara.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if this thread is about Taker's horse, I'd have thought it would have had at least one Sara pic by now.

02.jpg

[quote name='Spyder187']And now... I present to you, the first ever Bury This Thread Dance Competition!!!!

diva.gif

regal.gif

norman_smiley.gif

VfAs5.gif%22

ROUND 1....FIGHT!!!!!!![/QUOTE]My picks for round 1.

Okay, so I watched Ready To Rumble again for the first time in years. Somehow, magically, it was worse than I remembered. Even seeing WCW towards the end of its prime wasn't enough to carry this shitfest of a movie. I love watching bad and/or cheesy movies, but this was awful. Simply, awful. That said, random quote...

"*Upside down DDP self-high-five* A diamond upside down is a pussy."

Not sure if anyone posted this already, but apparently Drew McIntyre is being repackaged as a gay playboy.

Drew McIntyre is set to be re-packaged with an "arrogant playboy" gimmick soon. According to fans at this weekend's SmackDown live event in Honduras, Drew appeared to be acting more sexually and flirting with male fans in the crowd, even blowing kisses at some. He also stopped in the middle of his match against Ezekiel Jackson to comb his hair. Drew still lost the match to Zeke.

The E should just prime up that "Apologies to the LGBT Community" public statement now.

Then again it's Drew McIntyre.

[quote name='HydroX']Not sure if anyone posted this already, but apparently Drew McIntyre is being repackaged as a gay playboy.[/QUOTE]

So then, he's taking Orlando Jordan's TNA gimmick? That'll go over.... :roll:

Does anyone else think that Botchamanias have gotten too long? I derive at least some joy from them but I just can't see myself sitting and watching a youtube video for 14 minutes. Not that I have anything else going on, it's just a mental thing I guess. If they were 5-7 minutes each, I'd be more prone to watching them all the way through.

Are you sure about that? We can have a little chat about it right here if you'd like. :lol:

Can anybody tell me what the whole Vampiro/Sting feud was about back in WCW? I've only seen/know bits and pieces.

[quote name='Spyder187']I think it was over someone used the last of someone else's facepaint.[/QUOTE]

Believable.

So, did anybody actually buy WrestleFest? I'm kind of hoping the XBLA has different graphics (maybe a retro option a la Tecmo Bowl XBLA) otherwise I might not buy it. I'm hoping the controls are set up in a way on the XBLA version so that I can use my arcade stick too.

I highly doubt all of those will happen though.

[quote name='ced']The E should just prime up that "Apologies to the LGBT Community" public statement now.[/QUOTE]

Meh. As super-ultra-liberal as I am, I think I'm largely ok with using those kinds of characters. They date back to Nature Boy Buddy Rogers, so why can't someone be effeminate and a heel?

Then again, I also applauded Rico as the second coming of "Exotic" Adrian Street, so god only knows how fucked up my perspective is anymore.

[quote name='Golden Idol']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP4SQpUpBxU&feature=player_embedded[/QUOTE]

Good promo, but there's one little bitty tiny incie woo woo of a problem:

Having Maria with him, proves how much of a non-star he is. Her face is still instantly recognizable to anyone who's watched the E in the past 5 years. In fact, putting her with anyone almost assures that person to be known as "that guy with Maria".

It's also very funny to hear them dismiss The Rock as "what's his name again? I don't pay any attention.", considering one the two has actually worked with him. She's got rights to disregard him, while he's likely never even been in the same city with the guy, except maybe on the other side of the barricade.

Maybe shit like this is why I can't take Ring of Honor seriously. Constant potshots at the WWE is TNA's gimmick. ECW worked best when they did their own thing and stopped bringing up the WWE every 10 seconds, and it got them that awesome exposure of having Rob Van Dam do cross promotional work.

Knocking Rock for being an actor now, that's fine.. it's been Cena's gimmick for the past year.. but to act like you suddenly forgot the name of one of the biggest wrestling icons of our generation? C'mon man, that doesn't make you look like a heel, that makes you look like you don't know anything about wrestling history. That's like dismissing Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, or Stone Cold Steve Austin (cause he's an actor too!).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkK_JP7p1Fk

Last edited by a moderator:
I've decided that I want to buy a retro (well, that's the only kind, I suppose) Cactus Jack shirt.

They're not as easy to come by as expected - can any of you recommend a place that sells retro/reprint shirts that you trust?

Hell, if they have that and the purple macho man design, I might go wrestling shirt crazy.

That Hart/Rock match makes me miss the Spanish announcer's table. Also, makes me miss the days when wrestling was infinitely more interesting than it is today.

So we have to embrace the hate even more since Kane is gone?

I suppose with Raw as good as it was I shouldn't be surprise to see the WWE follow-up with a crappy Smackdown, yet I was. Big Show knocks out Mark Henry with his punch of doom (POD) and walks out of the ring. Um, who was the winner? It's as if Cole and company forget there was a match and talked about something else. Good thing this didn't happen twice.

Oh wait, it did. So both CM Punk and Daniel Bryan have their shoulders down and the ref makes a count. The ref is going to make a decision when Theodore and Laryngitis have a hissy fit and the camera focuses on Teddy Long walking off. I know, I know, they were trying to make the match look like a draw. Someone should have clued in the commentators or the ring announcer to make a point of mentioning it to those who didn't get it.

And did we really need to see Otunga burying Big Zeke again?

So if Edge and Christian started out as brothers and become friends, what are Kane and Undertaker now? Former college roommates?

[quote name='mykevermin']
wm28oldschool.jpg
Double post b/c some of you want this thread dead as something that's dead.[/QUOTE]

Cool picture and really, when I look at the matches like that, I'm pretty excited for WM.

Assuming none of the listed matches are going to be restricted to under, I dunno, 15 minutes, I think any of them can be very good. Sheamus is the one wildcard as the dude has always bored me but if ever there's a time to step one's game up, Entertainamania is it. Depending on my schedule for the next day, I might watch it at a bar somewhere.

Does Buffalo Wild Wings show wrestling PPVs? Their Thai Curry sauce rocks my socks.

[quote name='Cage017']So if Edge and Christian started out as brothers and become friends, what are Kane and Undertaker now? Former college roommates?[/QUOTE]

No. They are 2 guys that met in Tijuana, went to a donkey show after getting drunk together, and one of them married the horse.

02.jpg

You know, after looking at the picture of Sara Calloway (which is a challenge in and of itself), I can totally sympathize with Taker when the second Michelle McCool strolled by, he sent that pooch back to the kennel.

Does Undertaker still have "Sara" tattooed on his neck? If so and he can't get it removed, then knowing she's "still around" may be responsible for the hair loss.

Any guesses for which "Metallica" song Triple H will use at this year's Wrestlemania?
What Metallica song would be good for Undertaker? Fuel? King Nothing?

[quote name='xilly']Good promo, but there's one little bitty tiny incie woo woo of a problem:

Having Maria with him, proves how much of a non-star he is. Her face is still instantly recognizable to anyone who's watched the E in the past 5 years. In fact, putting her with anyone almost assures that person to be known as "that guy with Maria".

It's also very funny to hear them dismiss The Rock as "what's his name again? I don't pay any attention.", considering one the two has actually worked with him. She's got rights to disregard him, while he's likely never even been in the same city with the guy, except maybe on the other side of the barricade.

Maybe shit like this is why I can't take Ring of Honor seriously. Constant potshots at the WWE is TNA's gimmick. ECW worked best when they did their own thing and stopped bringing up the WWE every 10 seconds, and it got them that awesome exposure of having Rob Van Dam do cross promotional work.

Knocking Rock for being an actor now, that's fine.. it's been Cena's gimmick for the past year.. but to act like you suddenly forgot the name of one of the biggest wrestling icons of our generation? C'mon man, that doesn't make you look like a heel, that makes you look like you don't know anything about wrestling history. That's like dismissing Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, or Stone Cold Steve Austin (cause he's an actor too!).
[/QUOTE]

That's not an ROH-wide thing, it's pretty much just Bennett. Don't let one guy's promos turn you off to the entire product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back