The WWE 13 Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read much about Linda's campaign, but am I right in assuming the wrestling metaphors are flying wild? I can't imagine many writers resiting "she's down for the count".

I'm really hopeful if she does lose. I think she can only run twice, correct? With the ratings being sub-par, I can see them slowly turning away from the PG era.

They kind of already have, if you've been watching. A little bit more swearing, occasional blood (mostly by Punk).. we even had a FCA match. On Raw. In 2012. And it was good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dyc9UGUsqg

[quote name='Scorch']*perks head up* Did someone say theme changes?

Other than British Bulldog and Cactus Jack, I don't think there's many themes that *need* to be changed. There's a lot that I want to change, though.

DDP (switched from WWE theme to WCW theme)
Shane McMahon
Stephanie McMahon
Eddie Guerrero (from Latino Heat to Lie, Cheat, Steal)
Edge (from On This Day/Alter Bridge version to his original YTYKM theme)
New Age Outlaws (Add in "Your ass better call somebody")
Acolytes (I know, they're not the APA yet, but I'm going to make them have the theme)

I also want to see if they let us change the theme that plays after someone wins. If they do, I'm adding Mankind's original exit theme.[/QUOTE]

See, I don't want to change Eddie's theme, I just wish he didn't have the damn car.

And, am I right in saying that both the Edge theme and the Acolytes and APA themes are already in? Unless you want to go back to the 'original' original Edge theme. Haven't listened closely enough to know which version is in the game.

[quote name='Clak']I haven't read much about Linda's campaign, but am I right in assuming the wrestling metaphors are running wild? I can't imagine many writers resiting "she's down for the count".[/QUOTE]

Fixed. I couldn't let that go, you understand.

[quote name='007']And, am I right in saying that both the Edge theme and the Acolytes and APA themes are already in? Unless you want to go back to the 'original' original Edge theme. Haven't listened closely enough to know which version is in the game.[/QUOTE]

No idea, I can't stop playing the game long enough to check.

By default, Edge's theme is the YTYKM intro into Alter Bridge's "Metalingus". I want to take him back to the original YTYKM theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqP8E2oqK8I

I just checked, and the APA attires and themes are in WWE '13.

Nah, you can run as much as you want. But no national party will get behind a two-time loser.

You don't run a third PPV in a row with someone in the main event that isn't a draw, so to speak.

[quote name='Genocidal']Fixed. I couldn't let that go, you understand.[/QUOTE]
You've seriously never heard it said that way? Okay.

[quote name='mykevermin']Is DDP's theme his WWE theme and you just want to make it the WCW Nirvana ripoff?

Who else needs to have their theme changed and/or has a crappy generic them (other than Cactus)?[/QUOTE]

Aside from what Scorch already posted, if you care about current wrestlers there's:

-Wade Barrett
-Sin Cara (funny how they finally got his 2nd version of his theme in but he reverted back to his original theme when he debuted)
-Trish Stratus (her song for the Attitude era is correct but I prefer Time to Rock and Roll)

I wonder if you guys getting all the glitches are playing on the 360? Im playing the PS3 and Im about half way thru Attitude Era and have put at least 2 hours into the other modes, and I have only seen a few wonky collision detection glitches and thats it.

Really enjoying all the options, Attitude Era, and the minimal but needed gameplay tweaks.

[quote name='gareman']I wonder if you guys getting all the glitches are playing on the 360? Im playing the PS3 and Im about half way thru Attitude Era and have put at least 2 hours into the other modes, and I have only seen a few wonky collision detection glitches and thats it.

Really enjoying all the options, Attitude Era, and the minimal but needed gameplay tweaks.[/QUOTE]

I've put a ton of hours into the 360 version and have really only encountered one or two minor glitches. The biggest one was floating HHH when it did the 'last two in the Rumble' cutscene in the middle of me jumping off the top rope. That corrected itself as soon as I threw a punch.

So, don't know about anything being a console-specific problem. It's been nearly flawless for me.

WWE '13 is just a patch or two away from being amazing. It's the stupid, obvious shit that brings it down. Kickouts at one twenty minutes into a match? How couldn't ANYONE who played it at THQ not notice that?

[quote name='Fatality']Indy Wrestler Blows Moonsault, Lands Directly On Head
[/QUOTE]

Good god, he actually kicked out after the first pin.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Good god, he actually kicked out after the first pin.[/QUOTE]

Potentially more cringeworthy than the Hayabusa injury.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Good god, he actually kicked out after the first pin.[/QUOTE]

That might have been more of a muscle spasm. Wow, miraculously, he didn't break his neck. He suffered a skull fracture though but the photo of him in the link after is sure encouraging.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/video/indy-wrestler-backflip/

RIP Brad. Enjoyed his work in early 90s WCW when he was the Light Heavyweight Champion.

I have to commend Vince on his forward thinking with Punk's title reign, and it's nice to see that for once his changing the finish to a match at the last minute didn't piss me off:

Despite Ryback's loss at WWE Hell In a Cell, WWE is still committed to pushing him as the company's new main event babyface monster.

Following his controversial loss to WWE Champion CM Punk at Hell in a Cell, new details have come out regarding what WWE had originally planned for the match finish.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that the original plan was for Ryback to pin CM Punk in the middle of the ring clean and win the WWE Championship. Ryback would then hold the belt through Survivor Series and would eventually drop the belt in a multi-man gimmick match at TLC, where he wouldn't have to be pinned or submitted. This was the scenario Vince McMahon had settled on until Thursday 10/25, just 3 days before Hell in a Cell.

The following day (Friday), Vince made the call to keep the belt on CM Punk because Punk's long title reign was more important than Ryback's undefeated streak, which isn't really necessary to portray him as a monster. WWE has spent so much time focusing on CM Punk's long title reign that it would be better to keep the belt on him past the 1-year mark so his eventual match with The Rock at the Royal Rumble would have higher stakes.

Once the decision was made to keep the belt on Punk, WWE spent the entire weekend figuring out how to cost Ryback the match while keeping him strong. WWE considered a wide range options before settling on crooked referee Brad Maddox, including run-ins from Brock Lesnar, Big Show, Mark Henry and even Vince McMahon himself.

The match was horrible, but it did do its job. Ryback looked unstoppable and CM Punk kept the title due in a fashion that we've become accustomed to from him. The change was for the better and its good to see Vince make a wise last minute decision. It would have been far too soon for Ryback to win the title in most people's opinions.

Well based on that, I guess we know Punk wont drop the belt at least until January. Still thought it would have been better if someone ran in to interfere instead of a random crooked ref.

You bastards are going to get me to buy this at Target along with...

...I don't even know what else.

I'm leaning towards the PS3 version because of the PS+ deal on the season pass.

[quote name='Halo05']You bastards are going to get me to buy this at Target along with...

I'm leaning towards the PS3 version because of the PS+ deal on the season pass.[/QUOTE]

Pages 1 and 2 of this thread could probably help you out. ;)

I just got to the middle of the Brothers of Destruction storyline. I love this game mode. The only thing I can compare it to is the Micheal Jordan stuff in NBA2K11 and the Greatest Matchups in 2K12, but far far better with more features. The game is rough, but this game mode makes up for it. I really question how they're going to top this next year.

In case anyone cares, Luke Gallows was officially unveiled as a member of Aces & Eights. I'd add a spoiler tag, but I'm pretty sure that was no surprise to anyone and Luke Gallows isn't really news enough to warrant one. ;)

[quote name='Halo05']You bastards are going to get me to buy this at Target along with...

I'm leaning towards the PS3 version because of the PS+ deal on the season pass.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I was so set on skipping this year. But between everyone on this thread, Giantbomb, CaG and my nostalgic love of everything WWF '98-00 I'll probably cave. Should probably bite on the target deal... ~$55 for game + all DLC actually seems decent.

I'd probably have a blast just adding in all the missing members of the No Mercy Roster.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I had to muffle my laughs so hard at work just now :rofl:[/QUOTE]

What's more difficult to muffle, your laughing or the blaring loud "I'M AN ASS MAN... BEWP BEWP"?

[quote name='HydroX']What's more difficult to muffle, your laughing or the blaring loud "I'M AN ASS MAN... BEWP BEWP"?[/QUOTE]

Based on experience, I had the foresight to turn the volume down in the computer lab. Not that it matters much since I'm usually the only one in here, but I don't want one of my middle-aged female co-workers giving me weird looks.

:rofl:

That Legacy entrance is priceless.

In other news looks like the WWE Network is going to be some kind of HBO style premium channel now. That's if anyone still cares about this network.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Same here. I was so set on skipping this year. But between everyone on this thread, Giantbomb, CaG and my nostalgic love of everything WWF '98-00 I'll probably cave.[/QUOTE]

I picked this up by Pming the Target deal at BB. I wasn't sure if I was gonna keep it but this thread and the inclusion of Attitude Era has changed my mind and it's staying put.

That... was so wrong..... However it has potential. I think for Randy's pending 3rd strike he should have to actually perform that entrance. On every show. For 3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back