The WWE Is Entertainment Not Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='007']
I'm hoping this leads to a new logo, though.[/QUOTE]

If a new logo is in the works... I just hope they stray away from a "oldschool" influenced logo. The og WWF logo always seemed ridiculous to me... even when I was a child.

Looking through TNA merch website I find this shirt:
spoilered due to Large image
IMG_6236.JPG

That's not as bad as this "review":
"WeWantSixSides (Buffalo, New York) 3/26/2011 11:16 AM
Hey TNA I think this shirt is pretty funny and I will order it for my son's birthday but he's a big child. Could you please make a 7XL or 8XL at the least for him? It would really make his day! He's turning 10 and would appreciate it! Thanks"

Please tell me that is a joke...

[quote name='007']So, the press release came out, and the switch to simply 'WWE' is official. [/QUOTE]

Here's the press release:

The New WWE® Expands Beyond Wrestling

STAMFORD, Conn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–To better reflect the company’s global entertainment offerings, World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) announced today a new business model for future growth, including formally rebranding itself, WWE.

“The new business model of the company better reflects what WWE is all about, being a global entertainment company”

Two key components to WWE’s brand expansion will be the active pursuit to acquire entertainment content companies and the outsourcing of WWE’s core competencies – television and film production, live event production and licensing. As part of the new business model, the company will also focus on the development of new television products including scripted, non-scripted and animated programs, as well as the launch of a new WWE network in the next 12-18 months. The first new program of the brand expansion is Tough Enough®, WWE’s non-scripted program that debuted on the USA Network on Monday.

“The new business model of the company better reflects what WWE is all about, being a global entertainment company,” stated Vince McMahon, Chairman and CEO, WWE. “We will always be loyal to our core business that made WWE a globally known entity, however, the future of WWE will be the addition of new entertainment content opportunities beyond the ring.”

This new rebranding initiative will be highlighted through a national consumer and business-to-business advertising campaign entitled “Bigger. Badder. Better.™” The campaign kicked off at WrestleMania® XXVII on Sunday and will be featured on cable TV, print and online.

In addition to focusing on the expansion of the company, the company will bolster its core business with the launch a new talent development department headed by Paul “Triple H®” Levesque. The new department will put a greater emphasis on worldwide recruitment, training and character development to identify future WWE Superstars and Divas. The first recruit acquired under Levesque’s new department was the signing last month of future WWE Superstar, Sin Cara™, formerly known worldwide as Mistico.

[quote name='JJSP']Dirt sheet garbage, but sorta funny.[/QUOTE]

He's putting the pussy on a pedestal, and spinning the pedestal around.

[quote name='Scorch']Scott Hall has been hospitalized following a drug overdose. No further details available.[/QUOTE]

Right after he made the big deal about not coming to WM because he couldn't be around drugs/alcohol?

[quote name='Scorch']Scott Hall has been hospitalized following a drug overdose. No further details available.[/QUOTE]

That's sad to hear. He seemed to be trying pretty hard to stay on track. Hopefully it was an accident.

the last few wrestlemanias have been pretty awful
shawn michaels was saving the event but now he's gone :(

we need TLC AND Money in the bank at wrestlemania

Scott Hall is out of the hospital. Parts Unknown posted on his Facebook:

Blood pressure dropped last night. Got it checked out. Doing fine. Went home last night after only spending a couple of hours in the hospital. Love the internet!

That was a nice little match. That baseball slide to start it off was sick. Thanks for posting the video Kane.

[quote name='mykevermin']He sees wrestling as low-brow entertainment that only yokels and schmucks enjoy, and sees himself and his empire above that.

He's not entirely wrong, as demographics of wrestling program tv ratings show a fanbase that is less educated and earns less than the average US household.

But he doesn't seem to want to admit how he contributes to television programs that appeal to uneducated, poor white folks by portraying paper thin characters that are racial/ethnic stereotypes, by producing a program that is so lacking in a sense of subtlety in storytelling that they devoted a segment of the UT/HHH promotional material the past few weeks to TELLING YOU that the first segment b/w those two to start the feud involved no spoken words at all, and by storytelling arcs that lack depth and complexity. I'll defend pro wrestling because I enjoy it, but it's not Agatha Christie's Poirot in terms of the quality of writing.

Vince is trying to expand again, I guess. The difference now is that he took his assets (from pro wrestling) to fund XFL, to fund WWE Films, to fund ICO/PRO, etc. When those failed, he still had his money maker in wrestling and no debt - just lost money. Now he's talking about WWE's ability to accrue debt in purchasing other commodities to broaden their "entertainment" business.

Now that WWE is deeply afraid of being pro wrestling, I can't be the only one who is deeply fearful of the WWE network, right? Like it's not going to be professional wrestling - replays of classic WCW and WWF programming won't be shown, because WWE bought the distribution rights to "Dawson's Creek" instead.[/QUOTE]
It certainly will after a while, they've only got so much past content. It will start by them showing all the shitty WWE produced movies and go from there.

From the Stone Cold/Scott Hall portion of Lance Storm's review of Wrestlemania X8:

[SIZE=-1]You can see a small hole in Halls one pec. He had an infection that they had to cut open and drain and he had about 3 feet of gauze stuffed in that hole. I saw them cleaning it out in the trainer’s room, it was disgusting.[/SIZE]

:whistle2:&

I'm gonna have to check that out. Yech.

Ooh, hey, I never noticed that the WMX8 DVD I own came with the "WWF Wrestlemania: The Official Insider's History" DVD that was released w/ a book of the same name 9 or so years ago. May give that a spin.

EDIT: As always, Zack Ryder's YT program is funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My7ve2WXiU8

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Clak']It certainly will after a while, they've only got so much past content. It will start by them showing all the shitty WWE produced movies and go from there.[/QUOTE]

They've got an obscene amount of content they can show. I don't think they would run out too quickly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Video_Library

Although who's not to say they wouldn't show the WWE Films productions anyway?

I hope Daniels pins Flair at Lockdown, because if not, then he'll look like even more of a chump. I liked that this week's opening 20 minute promos was only 13. Then they cut to Anderson talking, which to me is worse than a 30 minute promo. He talked, yelled, then went to chase Sting, who he thought was giving him cryptic notes, so he consulted the mentally challenged guy for advice. OJ said that he loved Ken's "asshole stuff" which was amusing, and then Ken went on his merry way to look for Sting in the rafters. A guy in a black trenchcoat, and not Sting''s new, slightly less-stealthy BRIGHT RED AND GOLD SEQUINED JACKET attacked.

He appeared to not be wearing pants, but then they showed it was just RVD in a singlet, who attacked him with kicks, a steel pipe, and his thighs. for minutes. This hurt Ken so much he had no trouble at all talking to Hogan later. Or refereeing. Or doing a goddamned thing. AJ gets powerbombed off a stage and is out for...probably the next PPV or something, and Anderson gets beaten with a pipe and is perfectly fine. Tara and Madison ran Mickie over with Tara's motorcycle. Somehow, they weren't hurt, so I guess the Impact Zone has Road Rash physics or something. Velvet and Angelina were the number 1 contenders to the women's tag titles despite Angelina being a zombie for weeks. Winter was shown forcing Angelina to drink beforehand. Maybe next week, she'll teach her how to eat. Angelina attacked Velvet and cost her team the match, which was of course brilliant foreshadowing to Max Buck doing it to Jeremy. Or it was just lazy booking to have two partners turn on their teammate on one show. It's a shame too because the Bucks feuding isn't what anyone wants, further kills the tag division, won't help the X division since the guys can really only work spotty tag matches well, and it hurt this show's lone X division match which was actually pretty decent. Kendrick's theme now has that "aa-ummmmm" chant thing in there.

On the "Rise of the Fallen Angel" show, Daniels got to job to Bully Ray, but it at least took an old man punching him with a chain to do it. It was a lumberjack match, which, of course, resulted in it being brought up how they never go as planned. Kind of like how TNA expects people to buy their PPVs and the opposite happens. Sting and RVD had a bad match, then Anderson, who hates everyone on Earth, somehow turned heel, and then re-turned face, and then Hogan told him to fuck off. Unless this is actually leading to some kind of Hogan-Anderson match, it's just a waste of time, and it's killing...well, further killing the Sting-RVD-Anderson PPV match build. The Jarrett-Angle deal was brutal. Jeff's speech went on forever and didn't need to be anything more than "THE ULTRA MALE IS TAKING YOUR KIDS" or whatever and Angle repelling to the cage was needless. That shit worked when Sting did it AND ACTUALLY BEAT DUDES UP. Here, Angle, with a guy IN A CAGE AGAINST A CORNER, still couldn't beat him up being Jeff threw a fat guy at him. What an idiot. And instead of chasing him, Angle decides to explain possible logical flaws to the cameraman. Joe and Pope's war of very few words, fewer actions and nothing interesting continued. STREET VERSUS SUBMISSION AT THE PPV. They've built this up for weeks, and I still have no idea what they means. Oh and Gunner absolutely slapped the shit out of Murphy backstage, that ruled.

Screens -

Oh Brooke...

Gunner>Inoki

LOOK, A BURGER!

No pigeons were harmed in the making of this Impact.

Quotes -
Ad Guy - CAN THE TITLE SHOT MR. ANDERSON WANTS LEAD HIM TO SELL HIS SOUL AND JOIN IMMORTAL!?
Daniels - I appreciate that, but when I look back at my relationship with TNA - it’s a little rocky. I’ve been in and out so many times it seems like there’s a revolving door with my name on it. That’s okay, cuz that’s the wrestling business. But in the end, there’s something more important than the business and that’s the friendships I’ve made. Now 8 years ago, I came to TNA, I made a friendship with a man I call a brother - AJ Styles. We had our ups and downs, but through it all, we promised each other that we’d have each others’ backs. And we’ve kept that promise to each other. 3 weeks ago, I saw what BULLY RAY DID TO MY BEST FRIEND IN THE WORLD. And I realized that it was time for me to come back to TNA. Bobby, James, Frankie - my devotion to AJ, I’m offering that to you through and I’m asking…no check that - BEGGING YOU, let me be the fourth man in Lethal Lockdown! (MIDI Child hits)
Flair - Ya know, unfortunately, I think that has gone on too long. We’re past the point of no return, but for God, and if I’m God, and I’m the God of wrestling - I don’t who you are. You said you been coming and going? Where? You got a ring like this? No. THESE MEN ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD. THIS IS WRESTLING, THERE AIN’T NO CRYING OR KISSING ASS. IT’S ABOUT BEING THE BEST EVERY DAY. THESE GUYS MADE A MISTAKE - THEY SIDED WITH AJ INSTEAD OF US, THAT AIN’T GOOD. YOU KNOW THAT, COWBOY. Now you got this fly-by night talking for you, and I’ll give you an opportunity - the chance to walk up the stage and leave TNA forever! At Lethal Lockdown, someone’s gonna get hurt, and it won’t be them and you can’t hurt me - I WENT DOWN IN AN AIRPLANE!
Daniels - Thanks for the offer, God, BUT YOU CAN STICK IT UP YOUR ASS. No one wants to be in Lethal Lockdown more than me, pal.
Flair - We ain’t pals, but the God thing is right. Hogan and Immortal have decided that since you don’t have a contract, HIT THE BRICKS. YOU AIN’T GOT A CONTRACT TO WRESTLE. IT’S CALLED BEING IN THE HOUSE THAT FLAIR BUILT!
Daniels - You may not want me here, and those buffoons may not want me here, and Hogan doesn’t.
Flair - And Bischoff.
Daniels - BUT THE NETWORK WANTS ME HERE!
Hogan - NO BROTHER, I RUN THIS PLACE. I’M IN CHARGE OF TNA AND I MAKE THE RULES, BUT WE DON’T’ HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOU BEING ON TV, SUPERHERO. If he wants a contract and the network wants you to have one, we’ll give you one brother. And as a far as Lockdown goes, I’d love to see you in the ring with the three stooges - BUT DON’T FORGET, I RUN THIS PLACE. AND BECAUSE I’M IN CHARGE, SUPERHERO DANIELS, YOU GOTTA MAKE YOUR WAY PAST BULLY RAY - THE BADDEST MAN ON THIS PLANET.
Ray - If you had any brains, you woulda got the hell outta Dodge. YOU DON’T WANT NO PART OF ME, CUZ I’M THE GUY THAT CRIPPLED YOUR BEST FRIEND. I TOOK AJ AND POWERBOMBED HIM OFF THAT STAGE AND I F I WANT TO, I’LL PUT YOU IN A BED NEXT TO HIM. You got a little bit of balls, but no brains. WHY YOU’D WANNA GET IN THE RING WITH ME, IS BEYOND ME. I END CAREERS AND I’M THE BADDEST MOTHERF-ER ON THE BLOCK. Now go back to California, sit on your couch, put some more mascara, paint your nails black, and maybe add some lipstick and watch Oprah.
Daniels - If I were you, I wouldn’t worry about the mascara and nail polish until the guy wearing it is beating your ass!
Anderson - It’s a beautiful day in the Impact Zone, would you be the douche bag…
Hogan - I’m tired of the network trumping me every single week. I SMELL A RAT - THEY’RE THINKING LIKE A WRESTLER. THEY KNOW TOO MUCH! IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED, AND I DON’T KNOW THAT SIDE OF THE BUSINESS AS WELL - do it.
Bischoff - I give you my word, it’ll get fixed.
Hogan - I’M TIRED OF THE DAMN NETWORK!
Taz - There’s the massive Mexican flag that Mexican-America…I’m not fond of them disrespecting our flag.
Taz - Anarchia is impressive…well, not at this very moment.
Tenay - Just hit the SAP button to hear our Spanish announce team.
Taz - How do you say WASSSUP in Spanish?
Tenay - Devon with the Thesz press with the mount!
Winter - I love you, Angelina. Now drink your drink.
Pope - Pope’s just here to watch this exhibition.
Pope - JOE’S HUNGRY. HE TRIED TO BITE THE GUY’S EAR OFF. Pope’s gonna head to the trees, dog.
Anderson - Once an asshole, always an asshole. No shit, Sherlock. ENOUGH WITH THE LOVE NOTES. I DON’T LIKE LOVE NOTES!
Taz - We gotta assume that Winter is spiking Angelina’s punch.
Tenay - It’s like poisoning a pigeon’s bird seed.
Taz - Don’t steal my line.
Tenay - It’s almost like Angelina’s a zombie.
Anderson - STINGER, STINGER, STINGER! You know where he is?
EY - He’s the champ, I’m the champ, you aren’t. We know where each other are. He’s in the rafters bro.
OJ - Ken, I’m totally into your whole asshole thing.
Anderson - Thanks…
RVD - HEY KENNY, IT’S 4:20 - YOU’RE ABOUT TO GET SMOKED!
Anderson - YOU MOTHERfuckER!
RVD - See ya later, asshole!
Anderson - IT TOOK ME 11 YEARS TO GET A TITLE SHOT!
Sting - WOOOO! THIS IS SUCH A GOOD NIGHT. IT’S A REAL GOOD NIGHT. I’VE GOTTA HAVE SOME COMPANY, SO I’M GONNA ASK ROB-VAN-DAM TO COME HERE!
Sting - I came back to TNA to stop Hogan and Bischoff. But I’ve been distracted with you and Anderson. We haven’t seen eye to eye since March of last year.
RVD - I know I debuted last March here, but all I remember is like flashbacks of like 1,000 baseball bats.
Sting - Yeah, I’m sorry for that. I made a mistake. Now why don’t you apologize to me for using me as a pawn against Anderson? IF YOU WANNA IMPERSONATE YOU, YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH ME!
RVD - I respect that you’re the world champ…even though I never lost the title…You don’t even remember when I worked the under cards when you were main eventing. I was doing the same shiznit, but I’m not a small part of a show. Not a quarter, not a half - BUT THE WHOLE fuckING SHOW! At Lockdown, you’ll find out what you’re dealing with!
Hogan - RVD! RVD! I’m digging this brother. THAT ATTITUDE IS THE SAME ONE I’VE BEEN FEELING SINCE I CAME BACK TO TNA MAN. IT SHAKES ME TO MY CORE! IT MAKES ME CRAZY BROTHER AND MAKES ME WANNA DO SOMETHING CRAZY. SO I SAY ERIC, LET’S NOT WAIT UNTIL LOCKDOWN - LET’S GIVE RVD THE STINGER TONIGHT! IT’S GONNA HAPPEN TONIGHT BROTHER!
Tara - You are freaking insane, chick.
Rayne - SHUT UP!
Tara - I don’t even know why I came back.
Taz - Robbie E has hair like one of that Russian hats that people in Russia wear.
Taz - Cookie is a darling young lady.
Cookie - GET HIM OUT OF THE CORNER!
Taz - You never know what’s under a guy’s mask - could be Kevlar.
Taz - He was in hom’s way. Harm’s way. Is it hom’s or harm’s?
Tenay - Kendrick is unpredictable.
Taz - Well, when someone’s involved in yoga, ya never know what’s gonna happen.
Hogan - GUNNER, SLAP THE PISS OUT OF THOSE TWO!
Anderson - I’m tired of getting beat up every week.
Hogan - WHAT DO YOU WANT!?
Anderson - My hat is in my hand. Right now, I want to be, I need to be, I’M BEGGING YOU TO BE THE REFEREE BETWEEN STING AND RVD!
Hogan - What do I get out of this?
Anderson - My support.
Hogan - HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YES!
Taz - Bully Ray’s chops are not a fun way to spend a Thursday night. I took ‘em on Sundays. Still hurts.
Tenay - Jeff Jarrett, the self-professed ULTRA MALE!
Jarrett - Kurt, standing in the ring with this cage being constructed, I know how you feel now. After last week, you violated the restraining order, getting hauled off and thrown in jail like a common thug. THAT’S WHERE YOU BELONG. Is this all part of your master plan? DID YOU PURPOSEFULLY VIOLATE THE RESTRAINING ORDER TO NOT HAVE TO FACE THIS MAN IN A CAGE AT LOCKDOWN!? I BELIEVE SO! I’ve seen a lot of gutless acts - NONE OF WHICH I’VE BEEN APART OF. Really, Kurt? I’m amazed at the lengths you’ve gone to. But this can be a blessing in disguise…FOR ME. I would have beaten you within an inch of your life and the law would’ve arrested me. IT’S A BLESSING FOR MYSELF. When you get out of prison, let’s move on down the road, but Karen and I have decided that the kids shouldn’t visit you in prison - we don’t wanna see the thug life you live. They need more of Daddy Jeff - the Ultra Male. BUT HOLD ON, AS PROMISED, THE KING IS GONNA GIVE THE QUEEN HER SPECIAL ENTRANCE. She’ll have a few choice words for her ex-husband. HIT THE QUEEN’S MUSIC (Angle repels down and Jeff escapes the cage)
Angle - I didn’t go to the jail. The cops saw the footage and said she was a bigger bitch than I did. I JUST HEARD FROM THE NETWORK, AND THEY HAVE A SPECIAL ADDED STIPULATION TO OUR MATCH!
Anderson - TWO! TWO! TWO!
Tenay - It’s ROB TERRY AND MURPHY! AND THEY’RE COMING TO THE RING CLAPPING THEIR HANDS!
Hogan - YOU SON OF A BITCH! YOU fuck ME!? NO. fuck YOU!

^ Right?

If Zack Ryder ends up shitcanned following WM, then we're all very, very, very clear on where WWE actually stands on talent "taking the ball and running with it," yeah?

Shit, Ryder's one of the few people in the WWE who doesn't break kayfabe anymore - him, UT, CM Punk? Who else? That has to count for something, right?

LOL @ 4:14

"Are you serious? Are you serious bro? Zack Ryder does not get pushed! Nobody pushes Zack Ryder! Do you understand? I don't get pushed! I don't get pushed!"

^_^

Episode 6 is still my favorite. Him and Primo get all oiled up and stretched out and ready for a match to discover they are not on raw this week so they go eat breakfast cereal in catering instead.

[quote name='Habbler']Episode 6 is still my favorite. Him and Primo get all oiled up and stretched out and ready for a match to discover they are not on raw this week so they go eat breakfast cereal in catering instead.[/QUOTE]

Haha, his dad saying John Morrison was his favorite / was better than Zack was pretty classic.

Miz's supposed future. Spoilerized, just in case:

- WWE's long-term direction for WWE Champion The Miz is to have him turn babyface eventually.

Do they ever explain why the Dolph Ziggler and Peter Venkman figures are always together? In episode 6 behind Zack's dad while he's apologizing, then a quick flash of them and a roll of toilet paper on episode 8.

New app on iTunes called WWE superstar slingshot.. It's literally angry birds w/ WWE guys.. Best idea ever, downloading now.. $1.99.. 15 events (Raw, Smackdown and PPV's) .. 135 levels

April 5, 2011 Superstars Fined for Chair Shot
Pursuant to WWE's Concussion policy, the stunt of using a folded metal chair shot to the head is prohibited. Triple H and The Undertaker have both been fined for violating this policy at WrestleMania XXVII. WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension for violation of this policy, which is unchanged and still in effect.

What the fuck?

[quote name='ShinSolidus']Miz's supposed future. Spoilerized, just in case:

- WWE's long-term direction for WWE Champion The Miz is to have him turn babyface eventually.
[/QUOTE]

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ok, you guys got me hooked on watching these Zack Ryder videos. Good stuff. My obvious question though is, why the fuck was he not in Snooki's match in some way? Talk about an absolutely perfect combination. Of course, it probably would have offended Snooki (I suppose there's always the possibility that she wouldn't be smart enough to pick up on it).

Why did I wait so long to start watching Zack Ryder's youtube show? I watched all 8 episodes just now and they're hilarious.

I loved the
Colt Cabana
cameo in the newest one.

I love the Ryder love in this thread. As the original Broski of the Week I applaud you all for getting on the Ryder Truck.

[quote name='Habbler']I love the Ryder love in this thread. As the original Broski of the Week I applaud you all for getting on the Ryder Truck.[/QUOTE]
wwwyki

oh god I can't believe I typed that

[quote name='ShinSolidus']Miz's supposed future. Spoilerized, just in case:

[/QUOTE]

HELL No!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's not overreact on that spoiler. May not happen anytime soon. They still have work to do.

Is tna's ppv Sunday? Where is AJ Styles on the card?

[quote name='mykevermin']Let's not overreact on that spoiler. May not happen anytime soon. They still have work to do.

Is tna's ppv Sunday? Where is AJ Styles on the card?[/QUOTE]
I believe that he was legitimately injured by that table spot with Bubba Ray. Something about hitting the edge of one of the tables, I can't remember exactly.

[quote name='mykevermin']Let's not overreact on that spoiler. May not happen anytime soon. They still have work to do.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. That same "spoiler" can be applied to any pretty much any heel on the roster.

[quote name='davo1224']That's a shame. He might as well have been at the Hall of Fame then. I'm guessing he got super depressed from choosing not to.[/QUOTE]

I won't claim to see into how an addict's mind works, but that's what I'd bet on, too.

---

In other news, I stopped at a yard sale today. I picked up the Mr Perfect, Bret Hart, Macho Man, and HHH King of Kings sets for $17 total. They're all in like new condition. I left behind the Eddie Guerrero, 50 Greatest Superstars, and Greatest Stars of the 90s, among others. I already need to watch 5-10 other sets not counting today's haul. Plus, to channel myke, I didn't want to seem like a total fucking 'billy buying up all the wrasslin' tapes. :lol:

Watching that video made Jeff Hardy vs Sting at The last ppv look like a match of the year contender....

In all seriousness, being someone that has actually hung out with Hall and Nash a few times in the past when I lived in Central Florida, it really is sad to see him like this. I saw him a few times where Nash and others had to literally carry him out of the club when it was time to go, but that shit was never really out there for people to see like it is now. Sadly, it seems every time Scott starts making forward progress on turning his life around, he takes 2 steps back within months. Hopefully, one day he will make a full turnaround and come to grips with his addictions and the things that trigger/cause them and get himself together, because when he is sober he actually is a great person to be around. The kind of guy that has and will give someone down on thier luck the shirt off his back.

Also, the douchebag of the year award goes to the promoter of that iPPV for going ahead and deciding to run that footage. The whole thing was taped to run at a later date, and that footage could be easily removed with no consequences to the show. Instead, this ass wants to capitalize by running footage of a named star at thier lowest point just to get some extra buys. Fukin douchebag.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']I hope Daniels pins Flair at Lockdown, because if not, then he'll look like even more of a chump. I liked that this week's opening 20 minute promos was only 13. Then they cut to Anderson talking, which to me is worse than a 30 minute promo. He talked, yelled, then went to chase Sting, who he thought was giving him cryptic notes, so he consulted the mentally challenged guy for advice. OJ said that he loved Ken's "asshole stuff" which was amusing, and then Ken went on his merry way to look for Sting in the rafters. A guy in a black trenchcoat, and not Sting''s new, slightly less-stealthy BRIGHT RED AND GOLD SEQUINED JACKET attacked.

He appeared to not be wearing pants, but then they showed it was just RVD in a singlet, who attacked him with kicks, a steel pipe, and his thighs. for minutes. This hurt Ken so much he had no trouble at all talking to Hogan later. Or refereeing. Or doing a goddamned thing. AJ gets powerbombed off a stage and is out for...probably the next PPV or something, and Anderson gets beaten with a pipe and is perfectly fine. Tara and Madison ran Mickie over with Tara's motorcycle. Somehow, they weren't hurt, so I guess the Impact Zone has Road Rash physics or something. Velvet and Angelina were the number 1 contenders to the women's tag titles despite Angelina being a zombie for weeks. Winter was shown forcing Angelina to drink beforehand. Maybe next week, she'll teach her how to eat. Angelina attacked Velvet and cost her team the match, which was of course brilliant foreshadowing to Max Buck doing it to Jeremy. Or it was just lazy booking to have two partners turn on their teammate on one show. It's a shame too because the Bucks feuding isn't what anyone wants, further kills the tag division, won't help the X division since the guys can really only work spotty tag matches well, and it hurt this show's lone X division match which was actually pretty decent. Kendrick's theme now has that "aa-ummmmm" chant thing in there.

On the "Rise of the Fallen Angel" show, Daniels got to job to Bully Ray, but it at least took an old man punching him with a chain to do it. It was a lumberjack match, which, of course, resulted in it being brought up how they never go as planned. Kind of like how TNA expects people to buy their PPVs and the opposite happens. Sting and RVD had a bad match, then Anderson, who hates everyone on Earth, somehow turned heel, and then re-turned face, and then Hogan told him to fuck off. Unless this is actually leading to some kind of Hogan-Anderson match, it's just a waste of time, and it's killing...well, further killing the Sting-RVD-Anderson PPV match build. The Jarrett-Angle deal was brutal. Jeff's speech went on forever and didn't need to be anything more than "THE ULTRA MALE IS TAKING YOUR KIDS" or whatever and Angle repelling to the cage was needless. That shit worked when Sting did it AND ACTUALLY BEAT DUDES UP. Here, Angle, with a guy IN A CAGE AGAINST A CORNER, still couldn't beat him up being Jeff threw a fat guy at him. What an idiot. And instead of chasing him, Angle decides to explain possible logical flaws to the cameraman. Joe and Pope's war of very few words, fewer actions and nothing interesting continued. STREET VERSUS SUBMISSION AT THE PPV. They've built this up for weeks, and I still have no idea what they means. Oh and Gunner absolutely slapped the shit out of Murphy backstage, that ruled.

Screens -

Oh Brooke...

Gunner>Inoki

LOOK, A BURGER!

No pigeons were harmed in the making of this Impact.

Quotes -
Ad Guy - CAN THE TITLE SHOT MR. ANDERSON WANTS LEAD HIM TO SELL HIS SOUL AND JOIN IMMORTAL!?
Daniels - I appreciate that, but when I look back at my relationship with TNA - it’s a little rocky. I’ve been in and out so many times it seems like there’s a revolving door with my name on it. That’s okay, cuz that’s the wrestling business. But in the end, there’s something more important than the business and that’s the friendships I’ve made. Now 8 years ago, I came to TNA, I made a friendship with a man I call a brother - AJ Styles. We had our ups and downs, but through it all, we promised each other that we’d have each others’ backs. And we’ve kept that promise to each other. 3 weeks ago, I saw what BULLY RAY DID TO MY BEST FRIEND IN THE WORLD. And I realized that it was time for me to come back to TNA. Bobby, James, Frankie - my devotion to AJ, I’m offering that to you through and I’m asking…no check that - BEGGING YOU, let me be the fourth man in Lethal Lockdown! (MIDI Child hits)
Flair - Ya know, unfortunately, I think that has gone on too long. We’re past the point of no return, but for God, and if I’m God, and I’m the God of wrestling - I don’t who you are. You said you been coming and going? Where? You got a ring like this? No. THESE MEN ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD. THIS IS WRESTLING, THERE AIN’T NO CRYING OR KISSING ASS. IT’S ABOUT BEING THE BEST EVERY DAY. THESE GUYS MADE A MISTAKE - THEY SIDED WITH AJ INSTEAD OF US, THAT AIN’T GOOD. YOU KNOW THAT, COWBOY. Now you got this fly-by night talking for you, and I’ll give you an opportunity - the chance to walk up the stage and leave TNA forever! At Lethal Lockdown, someone’s gonna get hurt, and it won’t be them and you can’t hurt me - I WENT DOWN IN AN AIRPLANE!
Daniels - Thanks for the offer, God, BUT YOU CAN STICK IT UP YOUR ASS. No one wants to be in Lethal Lockdown more than me, pal.
Flair - We ain’t pals, but the God thing is right. Hogan and Immortal have decided that since you don’t have a contract, HIT THE BRICKS. YOU AIN’T GOT A CONTRACT TO WRESTLE. IT’S CALLED BEING IN THE HOUSE THAT FLAIR BUILT!
Daniels - You may not want me here, and those buffoons may not want me here, and Hogan doesn’t.
Flair - And Bischoff.
Daniels - BUT THE NETWORK WANTS ME HERE!
Hogan - NO BROTHER, I RUN THIS PLACE. I’M IN CHARGE OF TNA AND I MAKE THE RULES, BUT WE DON’T’ HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOU BEING ON TV, SUPERHERO. If he wants a contract and the network wants you to have one, we’ll give you one brother. And as a far as Lockdown goes, I’d love to see you in the ring with the three stooges - BUT DON’T FORGET, I RUN THIS PLACE. AND BECAUSE I’M IN CHARGE, SUPERHERO DANIELS, YOU GOTTA MAKE YOUR WAY PAST BULLY RAY - THE BADDEST MAN ON THIS PLANET.
Ray - If you had any brains, you woulda got the hell outta Dodge. YOU DON’T WANT NO PART OF ME, CUZ I’M THE GUY THAT CRIPPLED YOUR BEST FRIEND. I TOOK AJ AND POWERBOMBED HIM OFF THAT STAGE AND I F I WANT TO, I’LL PUT YOU IN A BED NEXT TO HIM. You got a little bit of balls, but no brains. WHY YOU’D WANNA GET IN THE RING WITH ME, IS BEYOND ME. I END CAREERS AND I’M THE BADDEST MOTHERF-ER ON THE BLOCK. Now go back to California, sit on your couch, put some more mascara, paint your nails black, and maybe add some lipstick and watch Oprah.
Daniels - If I were you, I wouldn’t worry about the mascara and nail polish until the guy wearing it is beating your ass!
Anderson - It’s a beautiful day in the Impact Zone, would you be the douche bag…
Hogan - I’m tired of the network trumping me every single week. I SMELL A RAT - THEY’RE THINKING LIKE A WRESTLER. THEY KNOW TOO MUCH! IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED, AND I DON’T KNOW THAT SIDE OF THE BUSINESS AS WELL - do it.
Bischoff - I give you my word, it’ll get fixed.
Hogan - I’M TIRED OF THE DAMN NETWORK!
Taz - There’s the massive Mexican flag that Mexican-America…I’m not fond of them disrespecting our flag.
Taz - Anarchia is impressive…well, not at this very moment.
Tenay - Just hit the SAP button to hear our Spanish announce team.
Taz - How do you say WASSSUP in Spanish?
Tenay - Devon with the Thesz press with the mount!
Winter - I love you, Angelina. Now drink your drink.
Pope - Pope’s just here to watch this exhibition.
Pope - JOE’S HUNGRY. HE TRIED TO BITE THE GUY’S EAR OFF. Pope’s gonna head to the trees, dog.
Anderson - Once an asshole, always an asshole. No shit, Sherlock. ENOUGH WITH THE LOVE NOTES. I DON’T LIKE LOVE NOTES!
Taz - We gotta assume that Winter is spiking Angelina’s punch.
Tenay - It’s like poisoning a pigeon’s bird seed.
Taz - Don’t steal my line.
Tenay - It’s almost like Angelina’s a zombie.
Anderson - STINGER, STINGER, STINGER! You know where he is?
EY - He’s the champ, I’m the champ, you aren’t. We know where each other are. He’s in the rafters bro.
OJ - Ken, I’m totally into your whole asshole thing.
Anderson - Thanks…
RVD - HEY KENNY, IT’S 4:20 - YOU’RE ABOUT TO GET SMOKED!
Anderson - YOU MOTHERfuckER!
RVD - See ya later, asshole!
Anderson - IT TOOK ME 11 YEARS TO GET A TITLE SHOT!
Sting - WOOOO! THIS IS SUCH A GOOD NIGHT. IT’S A REAL GOOD NIGHT. I’VE GOTTA HAVE SOME COMPANY, SO I’M GONNA ASK ROB-VAN-DAM TO COME HERE!
Sting - I came back to TNA to stop Hogan and Bischoff. But I’ve been distracted with you and Anderson. We haven’t seen eye to eye since March of last year.
RVD - I know I debuted last March here, but all I remember is like flashbacks of like 1,000 baseball bats.
Sting - Yeah, I’m sorry for that. I made a mistake. Now why don’t you apologize to me for using me as a pawn against Anderson? IF YOU WANNA IMPERSONATE YOU, YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH ME!
RVD - I respect that you’re the world champ…even though I never lost the title…You don’t even remember when I worked the under cards when you were main eventing. I was doing the same shiznit, but I’m not a small part of a show. Not a quarter, not a half - BUT THE WHOLE fuckING SHOW! At Lockdown, you’ll find out what you’re dealing with!
Hogan - RVD! RVD! I’m digging this brother. THAT ATTITUDE IS THE SAME ONE I’VE BEEN FEELING SINCE I CAME BACK TO TNA MAN. IT SHAKES ME TO MY CORE! IT MAKES ME CRAZY BROTHER AND MAKES ME WANNA DO SOMETHING CRAZY. SO I SAY ERIC, LET’S NOT WAIT UNTIL LOCKDOWN - LET’S GIVE RVD THE STINGER TONIGHT! IT’S GONNA HAPPEN TONIGHT BROTHER!
Tara - You are freaking insane, chick.
Rayne - SHUT UP!
Tara - I don’t even know why I came back.
Taz - Robbie E has hair like one of that Russian hats that people in Russia wear.
Taz - Cookie is a darling young lady.
Cookie - GET HIM OUT OF THE CORNER!
Taz - You never know what’s under a guy’s mask - could be Kevlar.
Taz - He was in hom’s way. Harm’s way. Is it hom’s or harm’s?
Tenay - Kendrick is unpredictable.
Taz - Well, when someone’s involved in yoga, ya never know what’s gonna happen.
Hogan - GUNNER, SLAP THE PISS OUT OF THOSE TWO!
Anderson - I’m tired of getting beat up every week.
Hogan - WHAT DO YOU WANT!?
Anderson - My hat is in my hand. Right now, I want to be, I need to be, I’M BEGGING YOU TO BE THE REFEREE BETWEEN STING AND RVD!
Hogan - What do I get out of this?
Anderson - My support.
Hogan - HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YES!
Taz - Bully Ray’s chops are not a fun way to spend a Thursday night. I took ‘em on Sundays. Still hurts.
Tenay - Jeff Jarrett, the self-professed ULTRA MALE!
Jarrett - Kurt, standing in the ring with this cage being constructed, I know how you feel now. After last week, you violated the restraining order, getting hauled off and thrown in jail like a common thug. THAT’S WHERE YOU BELONG. Is this all part of your master plan? DID YOU PURPOSEFULLY VIOLATE THE RESTRAINING ORDER TO NOT HAVE TO FACE THIS MAN IN A CAGE AT LOCKDOWN!? I BELIEVE SO! I’ve seen a lot of gutless acts - NONE OF WHICH I’VE BEEN APART OF. Really, Kurt? I’m amazed at the lengths you’ve gone to. But this can be a blessing in disguise…FOR ME. I would have beaten you within an inch of your life and the law would’ve arrested me. IT’S A BLESSING FOR MYSELF. When you get out of prison, let’s move on down the road, but Karen and I have decided that the kids shouldn’t visit you in prison - we don’t wanna see the thug life you live. They need more of Daddy Jeff - the Ultra Male. BUT HOLD ON, AS PROMISED, THE KING IS GONNA GIVE THE QUEEN HER SPECIAL ENTRANCE. She’ll have a few choice words for her ex-husband. HIT THE QUEEN’S MUSIC (Angle repels down and Jeff escapes the cage)
Angle - I didn’t go to the jail. The cops saw the footage and said she was a bigger bitch than I did. I JUST HEARD FROM THE NETWORK, AND THEY HAVE A SPECIAL ADDED STIPULATION TO OUR MATCH!
Anderson - TWO! TWO! TWO!
Tenay - It’s ROB TERRY AND MURPHY! AND THEY’RE COMING TO THE RING CLAPPING THEIR HANDS!
Hogan - YOU SON OF A BITCH! YOU fuck ME!? NO. fuck YOU!
[/QUOTE]

3rd picture... RUN OF YOUR LIVES RVD IS TRYING TO TAKE A DUMP :)

[quote name='mykevermin']http://www.masslive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2011/04/wrestler_scott_hall_hospitaliz.html

Video footage of a severely fucked up Scott Hall at a wrestling show in MA last night. Makes Sandman sleeping in the ring seem pretty tame by comparison.[/QUOTE]

Is that a video of a guy just being too fucked up to do anything or is he honestly just having some severe medical issues? That's just awful to watch and shouldn't have been posted anywhere. fuck that promoter or whomever made the decision to show that.

It's out of the promoters hands now unfortunately.

"Unfortunately, Top Rope Promotions does not own the footage, the iPPV company does. And they plan on running the iPPV as planned with Scott Hall segment intact. TRP would like to issue an apology and would urge fans not to order the iPPV, as the Scott Hall footage is disturbing. He needed several people to get him in and out of the ring. And he even fell over in the ring. Please pray for the guy. We wish him the best."
Unfortunately, the company that was broadcasting the iPPV owns the footage (not Top Rope Promotions) – and they intend to air the Scott Hall incident unedited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back