"TheMangoKnife really hates the 'Green Bay Fudge Packers'" OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JStryke']Probably the fact that the school I went to sucked.

Plus PA is home of the Phillies (who suck).[/QUOTE]

That's it? That's why PA sucks? Now I'm definitely moving there.

Meh...I just have a bitter taste in my mouth. Doesn't help that when I job hunted in PA, I had shitty luck.

On a side note, this upcoming storm, I hope it does nothing until late Tuesday night and then does a lot on Wednesday. Means I avoid it as far as work goes, and then I don't have to go help move (why she's set on wednesday I don't know).

I am usually a hater on the x-games, but I've been watching snowboarding half pipe and snowmobile "best trick" for the last hour and a half. I can't believe how many people are standing on the side of a mountain to watch it.

[quote name='Rocko']Is it known how much the plans will be for the iPhone on Verizon?[/QUOTE]

There shouldn't be any reason it's different than other data plans on VZW... that said, so long as it's the generic VZW schlock:

$39.99 (450 anytime minute voice plan)
$29.99 (unlimited data plan)
(texting plan if desired)
----------------
~$70+texting+taxes+fees

If VZW is forcing people to use tiered data plans, I'm sure the higher cap data plan would be similar to what I outlined above.

This is all just conjecture based off my experience as an iPhone customer on ATT and my current smartphone experience on VZW. Could be off, but I think it's accurate.

[quote name='Rocko']Ugh, 450 minutes is so constricting, plus a $20 text plan or whatever the unlimited is. ;-;[/QUOTE]

Really?

I've had 450-500 talk minutes for as long as I can remember, and I only went over once(and that was when I was w/ ATT and had rollover to cover it).

And isn't there an official Google Voice app for iphone now? Even though I don't think it's be as nicely integrated as in android, you could use that or TextPlus(?) for texting. I used both when I was on AT&T to get by on 200 texts/month.

[quote name='manthing']Really?

I've had 450-500 talk minutes for as long as I can remember, and I only went over once(and that was when I was w/ ATT and had rollover to cover it).

And isn't there an official Google Voice app for iphone now? Even though I don't think it's be as nicely integrated as in android, you could use that or TextPlus(?) for texting. I used both when I was on AT&T to get by on 200 texts/month.[/QUOTE]

my rollover minutes on ATT were maxed and expiring, I never used them at all.

I used google voice for texting on VZW for sure; pisses me off when someone texts my regular cell and costs me money. No matter how many times I tell them though, they never listen and keep using the wrong #.

Last I was on ATT, there was no official app for google voice, you had to jailbreak. But this was almost a year ago (May 2010). The rumours was there was an official google app for voice, however, it never got approved by apple... it was leaked and made available through jailbreak if I remember correct.

Edit: look like an official app showed up around last November.

[quote name='manthing']We left ATT around the same time silly...

:roll:[/QUOTE]

Yes, but you still seem to pay attention to iOS as well as smartphone news in general. I think by September I was so fed up with smartphones I stopped checking any sort of tech news that deals with that kind of thing and only barely check xda once every 6 weeks or so to see if my ROM has been updated or anything better has popped up.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']what happened to dcfox?

and moxio will never come back. :( he's probably addicted to meth.[/QUOTE]

i think dcfox got sick of being the punchline for all the jokes in here and just left. he still posts on twitter. senorwoohoo is probably too busy with whatever he's doing to bother with the OTT or something. liquid2 went off to college and probably found more important shit to do (sort of like how rocko posts less than he used to these days).

I remember seeing Moxio on Steam a while back (few months after his last post here). I PMed him and it was his brother using the account. I asked him what happened to Mox and he said he didnt want to talk about it. He took me off his friend's list shortly after. :(

poor mox....
.....he was like my cag blood brother besides tfn before he started donating plasma to get a haircut, and before brak before he let the fame of his tv show get to his head, and before i sent mak a gay book.

[quote name='2DMention']Don't they put fries on sandwiches in Philly?[/QUOTE]

That's Pittsburgh.
___

Morning, OTT. More Snow and Ice on the way. I have officially had enough with winter, and am ready for spring.

You and me both 83. Unlike you, I have to work in it though. :(

Working retail sucks. It sucks more when you're the cart attendant. I really need a new job before next Black Friday though. NEVER again will I do carts on that day. I got lucky last year since I sprained my ankle an hour after starting. Too bad I won't move until August (supposedly) so it's not even worth it to start looking now really.

Went to work today and someone came Friday night and stole all the Cat's off the trucks. They took cat's off 11 fucking trucks. Cut them right at the manifold. Sucks because I guess I am not working this week.

Banana Republic has a really good deal going on if anyone needs clothes. Just ordered a shirt and pants for 57 bucks. Check SD for the tread and the details.

Man, some of us have been around forever but to be fair...the OTT isnt the most welcoming place for new CAGS. It doesnt stop old timers from leaving but it does prevent new cags from coming in.

I wonder how many different people actual post in these OTTs, it has to be less than 15 or 20 people.

I think obviously the xbox piracy caught up with Moxio and he ended up getting sent to jail. Now his brother is plotting revenge against the OTT.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Man, some of us have been around forever but to be fair...the OTT isnt the most welcoming place for new CAGS. It doesnt stop old timers from leaving but it does prevent new cags from coming in.

I wonder how many different people actual post in these OTTs, it has to be less than 15 or 20 people.[/QUOTE]

Not to give away our secrets but that's sort of the point. Think of it as a filtering process to get rid of sensitive pussies who take what people on the internets say about them seriously.

Still not sure how you got through...

My wife has been wanting a DSLR for the longest time...I'm debating on getting one for V day...but I don't think I can get myself to spend the $700 on it for the camera, case, and SD card.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Not to give away our secrets but that's sort of the point. Think of it as a filtering process to get rid of sensitive pussies who take what people on the internets say about them seriously.

Still not sure how you got through...[/QUOTE]

Good question, those first few years of being on CAG I am sure most people wanted me gone. I came close to being perma banned a couple times if I remember.

What can I say, I was young and quite fucking dumb all part of the process I guess. But to be fair its been quite a while since I was that guy.....now I barely give two craps about anything online. Soo.....uhhhhh.....Thanks?

See the OTT works!

Christ I have been heres for 6 years! Joined about the same time you did Temp. Is there as a "Class of" section so I can see who joined when?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to finally watch Let Me In tomorrow. I loved the book and the movie so I am pretty hyped for the remake. Chose to see The Social Network over it in the theaters because I still had those fresh in my mind and didn't want to overkill the same story.

The memory card and case is not what's making the price so high ;)

But I'd hate to give her a camera without a card and a safe place to keep it.

In a way I agree with JFD on this one...I bought Mrs. Number83 a decent Nikon SLR for around $500, and it sits around and only gets used every once in a while. I could of bought her a high mega-pixel point and shoot for 1/5th of the price.

You still got yours? Are they easy to learn or is taking a class a must?

-----------

I'd feel safer going through Amazon...plus if there's anything wrong with it it'll have warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back