This is the first OTT forum thread of 2007!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='red flare graf']Bahaha.. I never saw the video, just the "O RLY" gif.[/QUOTE]
S'up, former GSAer?

Yeah, kind of a drag. Big 3 days in a row with no mail. I have 8 packages to get out from eBay sales too. Oh well, they'll just have to wait until Wednesday.

[quote name='wubb']Yeah, kind of a drag. Big 3 days in a row with no mail. I have 8 packages to get out from eBay sales too. Oh well, they'll just have to wait until Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

Same... this kind of sucks.

I created the shipping labels today for all of them in PayPal and put a little note that they won't go out until Wednesday since that is the next USPS mail day. Not sure if many buyers even open up the 'item shipped' e-mail but it was a lot easier than sending a message to each of them.

I was going to take a walk over to a semi-close drop box today, but no point in doing that now to have them sit there for 2 nights.

Mornin' OTT.

Speaking of packaging and shipping, anyone ever do online returns with gamestop? It's probably going to be a pain in my ass.

[quote name='Eviltude']Mornin' OTT.

Speaking of packaging and shipping, anyone ever do online returns with gamestop? It's probably going to be a pain in my ass.[/QUOTE]

Like mailing it back? I've ordered from Gamestop before and just took it back to the store.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and that each of you is starting off with a Happy New Year. :)

I would like to apologize for leaving without notice again, but I'm sure that most of you know that I have my reasons for doing so.

I'm sorry that I have not been around more, although I'm sure that some of you probably enjoyed a Saucy Jack-free CAG. :lol:

I still am unable to return to CAG, but I wanted to make sure to drop by today to send along my best wishes to all my friends here. And before I go, I will leave you with a gift to remind all of us of better times. That, and because I wasn't around to share them this season.

May 2007 be a hell of a lot better than 2006. Take care, my friends.

All the best,
SJ

christmasavatar1qz1.jpg
christmasavatar2we5.jpg
christmasavatar3cn1.jpg
christmasavatar4ob8.jpg

christmassigyy4.jpg

[quote name='Brak']Oh, and my friend has the best used game little kid's name written on his copy of Donkey Kong Country for the SNES:

PHONGPOOL[/QUOTE]

I knew this kid who's name was Turd. No lie. He lived down the street from me when I was a kid.

[quote name='2Fast']No mail until fucking Wednesday? If I were president I'd make mailmen work every day.[/QUOTE]

If I were president mail would come to your home in those tubes like they have at the bank. You could get mail continuously throughout the day. Every time something comes into the post office. They stick it in a tube, and 2 mins later its at your house.

How often does EB/Gamestop run the "trade-in three games, get an extra $10" promotion? I've got a shit ton of PS2/GCN/Xbox crap I need to get rid of.

[quote name='shrike4242']Now I see what all the buzz is about Gears Of War. Woot.[/QUOTE]
Ok Shrike, you have never lied to me before, so don't start now; How amazing is GoW and is it worthy of an X360 purchase?

[quote name='Eviltude']Ok Shrike, you have never lied to me before, so don't start now; How amazing is GoW and is it worthy of an X360 purchase?[/quote]
Going through single-player at the moment, and it looks better and sounds better than anything I've ever seen. Challenging, and I'm sure the multiplayer won't disappoint.

I could easily see buying a 360 for GoW.

[quote name='shrike4242']I could easily see buying a 360 for GoW.[/quote]

After playing it at a friend's place the other day, I have to agree. That definitely made me want a 360 much more than I had before... I'm still going to hold out for somesort of price drop though. :X

[quote name='Strell']"Oh my god....his handshake! It's limp!"[/quote]

:rofl:

Just like his foreign policy, amirite? ;)

Hmm. I got kicked out of the CAG last.fm group and it won't let me back in. xD

Unless of course it never let me in in the first place, I'm not sure.

Keep in mind that the GoW single player is very short so if you're buying it primarily for the single player campaign you might be dissapointed, I know I was.

Oh and more importantly Talib Kweli has apparently made a new collaboration album available for download (for free). It's called Liberation:

http://www.stonesthrow.com/liberation/

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Keep in mind that the GoW single player is very short so if you're buying it primarily for the single player campaign you might be dissapointed, I know I was.[/quote]

I was sorta disappointed by how short it was, but I actually have the desire to play through the campaign again (on the harder difficulties), which is something I hardly do. Great game.

It's short, but most all FPS have short single players, right?

Had eggs in a basket this morning, feeling inspired by whatever dear soul mentioned them on page 2 of this OTT. Making this tonight. Marinating as we speak.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Hmm. I got kicked out of the CAG last.fm group and it won't let me back in. xD

Unless of course it never let me in in the first place, I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

What's your username?

[quote name='mykevermin']It's short, but most all FPS have short single players, right?

[/QUOTE]

Well it's third person, and since playing Resident Evil 4 (which had a quite lengthy single player) that's what I compare all third person shooters to. Was GoW good? Sure. Was it Resident Evil 4 good? I don't think it was.

[quote name='red flare graf']What's your username?[/quote]

mrbritesighed

Also, eggs in a basket :drool:

I always get those the few times I go to cracker barrel... except I think they just toast the bread in a toaster and fry the egg in one of those metal circle thingies... which is disappointing. It's better when the egg is fried in the bread.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Keep in mind that the GoW single player is very short so if you're buying it primarily for the single player campaign you might be dissapointed, I know I was.[/QUOTE]
I completely disagree with that opinion on the length, as do others.

I felt it was just right, and easily replayable.

Nice, just bought my first Wii game - Trauma Center: Second Opinion (new) for $38 shipped from a fellow CAG. Not bad!

If it ever stops raining, I'll go to Circuit City to get Zelda for $37 or whatever they have it at.

Now instead of using my credit for Trauma Center, I can use it on Wii points. I've got $20 in Rhino and I can get $20 + at Gamerush on one game, so that's two points cards for very little out of pocket.

Just need to go to Wal-Mart to get the component cables, and then find a LAN adapter that works for the Wii, and I'll be set.

Oh wait, I forgot... I JUST NEED TO FIND THE WII :cry:

[quote name='Roufuss']Nice, just bought my first Wii game - Trauma Center: Second Opinion (new) for $38 shipped from a fellow CAG. Not bad!

If it ever stops raining, I'll go to Circuit City to get Zelda for $37 or whatever they have it at.

Now instead of using my credit for Trauma Center, I can use it on Wii points. I've got $20 in Rhino and I can get $20 + at Gamerush on one game, so that's two points cards for very little out of pocket.

Just need to go to Wal-Mart to get the component cables, and then find a LAN adapter that works for the Wii, and I'll be set.

Oh wait, I forgot... I JUST NEED TO FIND THE WII :cry:[/QUOTE]

I just picked up Zelda for the Wii yesterday, and I don't have a Wii, either. The deal was very hard to pass up, though.

I believe the Zelda deal is available online as well.

[quote name='evanft']I just picked up Zelda for the Wii yesterday, and I don't have a Wii, either. The deal was very hard to pass up, though.

I believe the Zelda deal is available online as well.[/QUOTE]

Hm... I'll keep it in mind in case CC is sold out, the rain looks to be slowing down, I also wanted to get Season 1 of The Shield while I was there too.

[quote name='Brak']I completely disagree with that opinion on the length, as do others.

I felt it was just right, and easily replayable.[/QUOTE]

Yea I got to agree I have played it through three times by myself and the first three chapters of co-op and I didn't ever feel bored with the game. My friend just got live so we started playing on hardcore and will probably play through it on insane after finishing hardcore.

My KillBill 360 controller is done and working. I'd post pics, but you guys are probably sick of them. :lol:

I can't wait for the schools to start up again so we'll see a decline in the "If I was running X company, this is how I'd redo, change, adjust, etc. X product"

Television has been excellent the last couple of nights. From the Seinfeld marathon on TBS last night to the James Bond marathon on Encore to Ninja Warrior for 6 hours on G4 later tonight.

[quote name='mykevermin']It's short, but most all FPS have short single players, right?

Had eggs in a basket this morning, feeling inspired by whatever dear soul mentioned them on page 2 of this OTT. Making this tonight. Marinating as we speak.[/QUOTE]
That'd be me :D. I don't like the yolk all liquidy though so I break it and let it soak into the break while it's cooking. Pretty fucking good though.

[quote name='shrike4242']Going through single-player at the moment, and it looks better and sounds better than anything I've ever seen. Challenging, and I'm sure the multiplayer won't disappoint.

I could easily see buying a 360 for GoW.[/QUOTE]
Do you have an HDTV? I don't as of yet, which is why I asked, because that could make a big difference in picture quality.

I've been listening to an allbum called "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About 60's Mind Expansive Punkadelic Garage Rock Instrumentals But Were Afraid to Ask" basically all day.

[quote name='smalien1']I've been listening to an allbum called "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About 60's Mind Expansive Punkadelic Garage Rock Instrumentals But Were Afraid to Ask" basically all day.[/QUOTE]
Where joo find? If I had a picture of an owl, I would post it with that written on the picture, but I dont.

Wow, just realized a complete Donkey Kong 64 gets around $20 on Ebay, and you know for sure that will come to the VC (espically since Donkey Kong Country already did) so I think I'll go ahead and list that one too.

I don't see the VC depressing cartridge values terribly much. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my feel on it. Especially when you are talking complete copies. Of course I've sold most of my cartridge stuff over the past year anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back