This OTT gets 1 Star...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Rocko']More importantly, Totoro (or another Ghibli film from a preselected list, though Mononoke is curiously absent) is $10 off if you buy it with Ponyo on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht..._rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=93192502&pf_rd_i=B002ZTQVBQ

Going to get Ponyo and Totoro for $30 from Amazon since I sold my original Totoro for an obscene price on eBay, and probably buy the Kiki's Delivery Service re-release at Best Buy with a RZ cert.[/QUOTE]

My Neighbors the Yamadas is the only one that I don't own already, so that kinda limits the sale for me. I hate that the Ghibli films are never at a reasonable price on their own.

Side note: Are the blue label 2-disc editions just repackages of the existing ones with the red labels?

I'd say My Neighbors the Yamadas was the least interesting Ghibli work I've seen (I didn't even know it was theirs until now, since it's so much different from their usual works).

hair ghost smile
hairghostsmile.gif

[quote name='Liquid 2']I'd say My Neighbors the Yamadas was the least interesting Ghibli work I've seen (I didn't even know it was theirs until now, since it's so much different from their usual works).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, from what I've seen, it seems vastly different from the others. Combined with the price point, I guess that's why I've never picked it up.

[quote name='Liquid 2']You have two kids. Get 'em all.

And yeah, I'd say you're missing out.[/QUOTE]

But my boy is 2 and is very impressionable. Will he pick up anything that would get him kicked out of daycare, which is at a church?

[quote name='manthing']:nottalking:

That's way worse than rock88's comment craven.

But yeah, start the kids with Ponyo[/QUOTE]

I've yet to see Inglorious Basterds too. But that's for a different reason, not having it high in my queue. With the others, I just ignored them as a teenager/young adult.

So Ponyo is a good starting point?

Edit: Are these in English? I'm not too big on subtitles. Though I did watch....read The Orphanage. Interesting, but I prefer not to read subtitles and am not fluent in other languages, let alone English....

Last edited by a moderator:
Woohoo! No class again tomorrow!

ODU decided they were going to open at 11 although all other schools in the area closed, and my class starts at 11. I had planned to get up and go, but I just got an email saying class was being canceled. :whee: :beer:

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']My Neighbors the Yamadas is the only one that I don't own already, so that kinda limits the sale for me. I hate that the Ghibli films are never at a reasonable price on their own.

Side note: Are the blue label 2-disc editions just repackages of the existing ones with the red labels?[/QUOTE]
My Neighbor Totoro, Castle in the Sky, and Kiki's Delivery Service were taken out of print last year, gearing up for these re-releases alongside Ponyo, as they're the first 3 films Miyazaki did under Ghibli. So, I mean, same film, but with extra content, and now the only version in print (when they release, anyway).

...How in the fuck did Wallace and Gromit beat out Howl's Moving Castle for the 2005 Academy Award for best animated feature? :|

[quote name='Rocko']My Neighbor Totoro, Castle in the Sky, and Kiki's Delivery Service were taken out of print last year, gearing up for these re-releases alongside Ponyo, as they're the first 3 films Miyazaki did under Ghibli. So, I mean, same film, but with extra content, and now the only version in print (when they release, anyway).[/QUOTE]

Well, unless they do something amazing, I don't think I'll be buying them all over again.

[quote name='Rocko']...How in the fuck did Wallace and Gromit beat out Howl's Moving Castle for the 2005 Academy Award for best animated feature? :|[/QUOTE]

Because only a cold-hearted bastard could not like Wallace and Gromit. That's a fact, son. Though I admit, Howl's Moving Castle is a better movie, and one of my favorite Ghibli films.

I like Wallace and Gromit. I even saw that movie in theatres. However, Howl's was so much better.

Wombat being voted for anything, including villain, will only boost his ego.

I voted for all the awards this year just so I would be entered to win whatever it was they are giving away. I doubt I'll win, but it was worth it to vote for Cheapy as villain of the year for banning wolve.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I thought Cheapy said he wasn't going to give in to the OTT's demand to put Wombat on the poll for Villain of the Year.[/QUOTE]

I think you mean Wolve.

I can't believe my Geography teacher has us coloring this map, it's like being back in Kindergarten.

edit- I remember laughing at the bear jew moment in IB. Dude was fucking crazy.

[quote name='TheRock88']I think you mean Wolve.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, though I'd have thought Wombat would go with that since he was on the other side of the coin as far as OTT nominations are concerned.

[quote name='seanr1221']Why, Mak?[/QUOTE]

I've been hearing bad things and the commercials/trailers make it look absolutely horrible. Plus the more I think about it the more I realize I loved the experience of the first one but I don't know how much more of that I need to be involved with. What could be different? I'm gonna be in Rapture again, I'm gonna be attacked by splicers and shit, I don't know .. at this point I think it's better to wait and see what the verdict is.

Plus I'm getting insanely backlogged. I haven't even started ME2 or Darksiders yet and GoW3 is right around the corner.

By the way I changed my mind. I am throwing in MW2 if any of you guys are down.

~~~

I have been trying to sing and play guitar for the Beatles Rock Band but it's harder than I thought.

[quote name='rabbitt']Liquid, have you seen this beer anywhere around you?

misc.10.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I haven't. Doesn't seem like a bad brewery though, looking at the BA reviews. I'll keep my eye out for one.

yeah it was.

I waited 5 minutes for you frosty.

________

Craven: I would, but I just got done with a session on the PS3

[quote name='Liquid 2']
2370.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oh, my goodness. My heart melted as I laid eyes upon this image of an adorable, little, overweight Asian boy.

[quote name='Maklershed']

[quote name='Liquid 2']I haven't. Doesn't seem like a bad brewery though, looking at the BA reviews. I'll keep my eye out for one.[/QUOTE]

I want to drink these beers. If anyone found them and would send them too me, I'd shoot you cost and a nice tip, seriously. Those bottles need to be above my computer.

[quote name='Rocko']I like Wallace and Gromit. I even saw that movie in theatres. However, Howl's was so much better.

Wombat being voted for anything, including villain, will only boost his ego.[/QUOTE]

Opinions man. Everyone's got 'em.
And while I agree with the sentiment, you must remember we live in a country where Avatar and Titantic are the two highest grossing films of all time.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I want to drink these beers. If anyone found them and would send them too me, I'd shoot you cost and a nice tip, seriously. Those bottles need to be above my computer.[/QUOTE]

If you don't stop I am going to ban you. Not fucking around.

You really think it is cool to solicit beer from someone? What the fuck is wrong with you? All the trolling you have done has pushed me to the brink in the past, but you are just about to get kicked to the curb for good.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Opinions man. Everyone's got 'em.
And while I agree with the sentiment, you must remember we live in a country where Avatar and Titantic are the two highest grossing films of all time.[/QUOTE]

But Titanic had Leo and a song by Celine Deon. How does that not translate to ticket sales? It's the bee's knees!

[quote name='CaseyRyback']If you don't stop I am going to ban you. Not fucking around.

You really think it is cool to solicit beer from someone? What the fuck is wrong with you? All the trolling you have done has pushed me to the brink in the past, but you are just about to get kicked to the curb for good.[/QUOTE]

It's cool man, didn't think about the illegality of it, sorry. If you really I need to go, that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back