TLoZ: A Link Between Worlds 3DS XL on gamestop.com

There's no indication this will be a Gamestop exclusive ... unless you absolutely need to lose $50 today, I see no reason to panic and rush out to preorder.
Exactly. I got my eye on Amazon, no tax (yet), free shipping, and nothing down upfront.

The Zelda 3DSXL is available to preorder at newegg right now, shipping was $10 though. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-ordered on the GS Website.  Ready to cancel if the local store or Amazon opens up.

As for transfering:

YES, you can transfer all content licenses.  Basically what happens is you end up with all your data on the new 3DS and the old one is wiped.  It's a simple process on Nintendo's website.  If you sell the old 3ds, nothing will remain from when you owned it.

As soon as BB puts this up for preorder I'm on it. I'm definitely selling the code though and just buying the physical copy. Any other Zelda games I should grab for 3ds since this will be my first one?

Only Zelda game I ever played was Ocarina of Time on N64
Link's Awakening on the 3DS eShop is totally worth buying.

I was able to order mine in-store (not a pre-order. Had to pay in full and choose where I want it shipped, but shipping was free).

SKU 020408

*****IMPORTANT NOTE*****

My sales associate said that you will be able to order this 3DS TODAY ONLY.

Act fast.

I was able to order mine in-store (not a pre-order. Had to pay in full and choose where I want it shipped, but shipping was free).

SKU 020408

*****IMPORTANT NOTE*****

My sales associate said that you will be able to order this 3DS TODAY ONLY.

Act fast.
Wow, if that doesn't sound like a scam ... Money Upfront! Act Now! You Will Never See This In Our Actual Store! =-p

Just curious how does Gamestop deal with someone who trades in his old one towards the Zelda one but needs to transfer his content

LOL @ people freaking out and preordering for MSRP.

I guarantee Nintendo has PLENTY of these ready for holiday. They like money. And some retailer will have 3DS on sale late November and early December. I worked at target last year and the XL's dropped to $160 early December for a week.

No sense in freaking out that they won't be available.

I guarantee Nintendo has PLENTY of these ready for holiday. They like money. And some retailer will have 3DS on sale late November and early December. I worked at target last year and the XL's dropped to $160 early December for a week.

Lol everyone is expecting a new Pikachu 3DS XL situation

Damn. Newegg went out of stock right when I was about to review my order. They don't charge me tax.

People were saying this same thing for the Pikachu XL.

Yeah. You go ahead and NOT buy one. Should give you enough time to save up the $400+ if you choose to buy one later.

The best barometer for these is probably the X/Y 3DS XLs. I'd expect these to be in generous supply initially but it's hard to say if they'll be easy to find on Black Friday. My guess is that any place where these are available at a lower rate on BF will sell out any left over stock within the first hour or two of BF/ Thanksgiving night.

Once BF has passed, I would also expect these to become much harder to find and I doubt Nintendo will add much more stock after the initial release. I may be wrong, but I don't think the pokemon x/y systems were ever restocked. They just happened to be far more plentiful initially.

The best barometer for these is probably the X/Y 3DS XLs. I'd expect these to be in generous supply initially but it's hard to say if they'll be easy to find on Black Friday. My guess is that any place where these are available at a lower rate on BF will sell out any left over stock within the first hour or two of BF/ Thanksgiving night.

Once BF has passed, I would also expect these to become much harder to find and I doubt Nintendo will add much more stock after the initial release. I may be wrong, but I don't think the pokemon x/y systems were ever restocked. They just happened to be far more plentiful initially.
Id say this. Given that the Zelda 3DS has been out so long, the price seems low when compared to the AC or Pikachu XLs which were barely out 6 months

The X/Ys here finally thinned out over the past few weeks after always seeing them. The X Y launch probably finished em off

For the record, the employee said "Reserves are going to be shut off tomorrow." She had been talking with her district manager, I believe.

Even if they last longer, I don't care. I got mine.

For the record, the employee said "Reserves are going to be shut off tomorrow." She had been talking with her district manager, I believe.

Even if they last longer, I don't care. I got mine.
Im surprised her head didnt explode from the amount of BS she was spewing.

Even the Pikachu didnt go THAT fast.

People were saying this same thing for the Pikachu XL.

Yeah. You go ahead and NOT buy one. Should give you enough time to save up the $400+ if you choose to buy one later.
If he's not willing to pay this price, why the hell would he pay $400 for it sometime down the road? That's makes absolutely no sense.

"It's rare; therefore I must own it."

If a person dictates their buying decisions based on the so-called rarity of an item, then they're an idiot. I wouldn't buy this if it was $100. It could sell out in ten minutes, and one of eBay's delusional " entrepreneurs" could list it for $10,000 and I still wouldn't want it. Anyway, sellers (especially eBay/Amazon/Craigslist/etc. sellers) don't dictate prices, buyers do. The price will only go as high as people are willing to pay, and those willing to pay $400 are few and far between. Those thinking it's worth something just because they decided to invest money in it can enjoy the $250 box they'll never open, or sell.

I plan to kill a man to get mine ... it's not valuable unless you have to take a life for it. That's how I got my pikachu edition ... still have to blood splashed across it for the memories ... 8-[

Anyone order from newegg?
I ordered one of each in case Amazon doesn't come through. The luigi bundle cost $7 to ship and the zelda bundle cost $10 to ship, which works out to about $2 less than retail+taxes total.

I would expect these to be available through the new year at least, I mean the Pokemon ones are still plentiful at every b&m retailer i've been to besides Walmart, and the Zelda series is kind of bigger deal to U.S. gamer culture, plus Nintendo knows that people love sh*t that's painted gold.

Can save data be transferred between 3DS systems? I already have an XL, but no way in hell am I going to spend another $220 if I can't at least transfer my saved data, Mii stuff, and everything else to a new system.

I made fun of people who bought the gold iphone ... but now I'm buying a gold 3DS XL ... that sort of makes me a bad person, huh

I'm one of those guys who likes to preorder consoles at stores. I just called my local GameStop. They said their systems aren't allowing pre-orders just yet, but she told me to check in again tomorrow.

bread's done
Back