TOYS R US Buy 2 Get 1 Free-Dec 6 2008 -DEAL NOW LIVE!!!GOGOGOGO!

I hate to be the 100th person to ask, but is this on the 6th only? I'm hoping to get Prince of Persia, NBA 2k9 and something else... maybe Far Cry 2. This would be easier if I had not decided to not get a PS3. I'd easily go for LBP, Resistance 2 and Ratchet or MGS4.

After reading a very positive review of PoP I think the 3 I would get are

Fallout 3
Dead Space (After I try the demo I should no for sure)
Prince of Persia

All for 360 but I also kinda want Left4Dead...
In my experience (last year with DS games), if you want 3 games, have a few backup choices ready because they sell out or have crappy stock. I have zero faith that I will get my top 3 choices even if I show up when they open on the 6th.

[quote name='Zeitgeist']
In my experience (last year with DS games), if you want 3 games, have a few backup choices ready because they sell out or have crappy stock. I have zero faith that I will get my top 3 choices even if I show up when they open on the 6th.[/quote]

Yeah, I learned that the hard way last year. Didn't know this was such a huge thing, and by the time I got to Toys R Us it was a mess!! DS games scattered all over the floor, people literally just everywhere. But I did manage to get three games that I wanted anyway. Just to be safe, I'm going there as soon as they open this year....

I don't know what I should get though, Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories should be out by then, but I'm at a loss at what else I should get (way too many games to choose from).

And yeah, like so many other people I would like to know if this is just on the 6th or not.

[quote name='quack']This deal DOES NOT include any games priced $89.99 or up. (Which would rule out Wii Fit and all of the music games)

You should be able to mix and match games, assuming they are not clearance (The last digit being an 8, eg $9.98 instead of $9.99)

I have seen the flyer only once, but those two parts I remember. I can now use my 15% employee discount on sales, so this deal is extra good for me:)[/quote]

Senario 1
Hmmm...Can we buy it in advance and then go back to get our money back????
I know TRU has a 7 day PM policy.

Senario 2
Or maybe buy the three games and leave them unopened and do a return/repurchase???????

This is MORE important than knowing whether or not this is a one day sale...

Question 3
Can we mix and match games from different systems?????

[quote name='Skardee']I hate to be the 100th person to ask, but is this on the 6th only? I'm hoping to get Prince of Persia, NBA 2k9 and something else... maybe Far Cry 2. This would be easier if I had not decided to not get a PS3. I'd easily go for LBP, Resistance 2 and Ratchet or MGS4.[/quote]

Even if this is a multi-day sale, do you honestly think anything decent will last more than 2-3 hours? Let alone a whole day :lol: Seriously dudes, don't even bother going if you can't get there before noon on the 6th :roll:

[quote name='gamer602']Senario 1

Senario 2
Or maybe buy the three games and leave them unopened and do a return/repurchase???????

Question 3
Can we mix and match games from different systems?????[/quote]

+1 would be cool it we could guarantee our copies that way.

[quote name='Skardee']I hate to be the 100th person to ask, but is this on the 6th only? I'm hoping to get Prince of Persia, NBA 2k9 and something else... maybe Far Cry 2. This would be easier if I had not decided to not get a PS3. I'd easily go for LBP, Resistance 2 and Ratchet or MGS4.[/quote]

Yeah I'm trying to figure this out too ~_~.

[quote name='gamer602']Senario 1

Senario 2

Question 3
Can we mix and match games from different systems?????[/quote]

RE: Scenario 1 -
Buying the 3 games and getting your money back for a promo is very iffy (ie. only bringing in a receipt)...i've seen little success in similar promos with DS' and others.

RE: Scenario 2 -
Best idea actually...that would probably guarantee your games if you return them...hold onto them...and do a re-purchase for the promo itself.

...and YES you can mix and match games of different systems.

[quote name='Ren01']uhoh someone posted this thread on rfd[/quote]

Well we're effectively fucked in the ass. My area is pretty RFD free (maybe 'cause it's a rich area? Dunno if it's because of this though) so hopefully my out-of-the-way Toys 'R Us will have its asshole free from RFD ravaging.

I'm kinda glad I told work I was gonna start late XD this way I can get in on this when they open, I only really want Left 4 Dead and a few others anyway.

hopefully the Kitchener TrU will have a good selection...I think I'm going to get Dead Space from the Black Friday sale at Target, ends up being slightly cheaper than buying it through the B2G1F.

[quote name='kathos']Well we're effectively fucked in the ass. My area is pretty RFD free (maybe 'cause it's a rich area? Dunno if it's because of this though) so hopefully my out-of-the-way Toys 'R Us will have its asshole free from RFD ravaging.

I'm kinda glad I told work I was gonna start late XD this way I can get in on this when they open, I only really want Left 4 Dead and a few others anyway.[/quote]
WOW!
I'm SHOCKED!
I thought you get it at COST+10%?
I was also told that collectors and regular editions are the same!! cost-wise that is!

[quote name='spzero']Well, im sure it would have been put on RFD regardless. It was just a matter of time.[/quote]

It was up two hours after our thread.

Check carefully if you are buying more than 3 games at a time.
Last year the system takes off the lowest priced games in the transaction.
For example, if you bought 3 games at $20 and 3 games at $30, you would expect to get $50 off but the system took $40 off instead.
I had to cancel the transcation and re-did them 3 at a time. :roll:

[quote name='gamer602']WOW!
I'm SHOCKED!
I thought you get it at COST+10%?
I was also told that collectors and regular editions are the same!! cost-wise that is![/quote]

Nah, they're only about $5 off the actual price, a little bit more for the CE that actually matter (Fallout 3, Resistance 2) but not to a point where the price is actually lower because of the +10%. But the shitty ones (Fable 2 etc) have a few bucks off (never more than $5 really).

Yeah and cost is shit too, I remember when I first started I had that misconception in my head too (that games were cheap on cost), but it's like $57.99 instead of $59.99 most of the time and the +10% kills it (the machine automatically gives us the best price... which is regular price).

It ain't all roses and clean babies on the retail side. Toys 'R Us probably has the best employee discount for games (what was it like 10% off any sale price?) but I guess if I ever want a TV I can grab one for cheap. So it evens out.

I get 10% off. And I can do 10% off after price match >_>

But yeah, always surprised at how many people don't realize 10% + cost on video games (software and hardware) is more than retail. Why do you think retail loves used games? ;)

[quote name='Firestorm']I get 10% off. And I can do 10% off after price match >_>

But yeah, always surprised at how many people don't realize 10% + cost on video games (software and hardware) is more than retail. Why do you think retail loves used games? ;)[/quote]

Remember Sony losing money every time they sold a PS3? They recuperated the costs through software and accessories ($60 for an HDMI cable!)

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']... $60 for an HDMI cable![/quote]

That's standard price for HDMI cables isn't it? 360 HDMI cables are the same, and for TVs HDMI cables (without going into Monster territory) are just around that neighborhood, by Rocketfish I mean.

$3 or less is the standard price I pay for HDMI cables :p

I remember recently one of the executives either Game Stop I said the wholesale price for a new game in the US is $48. Here's one of the best articles on Video game prices from Forbes.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']$3 or less is the standard price I pay for HDMI cables :p
[/quote]
anyone who pays more then that for a standard 3-6ft hdmi cable is a fool too. if yer paying 60 bucks for an hdmi cable it had better be 50ft+ long

I've heard about this in so many places. I think it might be pandemonium. People are kind of disgusting when it comes to good deals. And I mean this one isn't really a closely kept secret. It would be awesome, sure, but I really think it'll be more hassle than its worth.

My TRU is opening bright and early on 9am on Saturday. I hate waking up early on weekends but for this, I will. However, I'm unsure of which games I want to get now. I thought I had it all figured out last week.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']probably still get similar deal buying 3 games from amazon with the $10 off coupon, as TRU have high MRPS[/quote]

All the TRU around here have standard MSRP. Only EBgames seems to have a 'high' msrp when it comes to certain titles.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']probably still get similar deal buying 3 games from amazon with the $10 off coupon, as TRU have high MRPS[/quote]
First off, it's MSRP, second off, the prices are $59.99 for most new titles from what I can see, and lastly, some people don't want the hassle of placing three separate orders using three separate e-mails.

thanks, what i tried to say was TRU has higher MSRP than amazon. I am looking through their website, and the game prices are still at standar MSRP, even the old games. I went to my local TRU and the games selection weren't great, majority of the newly released games were sold out already (COD/LBP). The place is like a battlefield lol, especially the electronic section. I will still probably pick up 3 games though, but not even sure if it is across Canada. the 2 reps that were working there, never heard of the deal yet as of last saturday.

[quote name='depascal22']Damn. I was excited until I saw this was a Canadian deal. Lucky Canuck bastards.[/quote]

You should not say that when you got tons of much better deals from amazon.com and elsewhere. :bomb:

[quote name='danthemightyone']You should not say that when you got tons of much better deals from amazon.com and elsewhere. :bomb:[/quote]

Actually the deals in CANADA are sooo amazing....

$10 NEW Wii Games fron EB's trade 2 promo---10 games from that deal...
2/30 at Rogers! Cant be beat!
Buy one get one free at Rogers=$10 Wii games!!
Game of the Day deals-$5 DQ Joker/trauma centre/Bwii------NO WAY IN HELL GAMESTOP WOULD DO THAT!!!!
DS $20 brain games-Get $12 back in GIFT CARDS!!!! (points) consistantly!
Source clearance sale
$69 XBOX 360 PRO!!!
$15 HDDVD DRIVE AND REMOTE
$13 wii points...

I have yet to use Goomba's service....I get all my deals here in Canada!!! Forget about AMAZON'S video game prices!

[quote name='chrisryans']Wait, $69 360 Pro at the Source? Since when?[/quote]

No No-Dont let this get out of hand...the 360 was bought at Future Shop...

The source clearance sale-I was talking about the games I've bought!

Has this deal been confirmed? I've checked TRU's website and looked around the net and I haven't seen any sort of confirmation of this deal. I haven't seen the commercial about it either.

I don't want to head to a TRU store on the 6th and find out there's no such deal and end up looking like a chump at the end of the day.

[quote name='Magik_Tek']I don't want to head to a TRU store on the 6th and find out there's no such deal and end up looking like a chump at the end of the day.[/quote]

Well, if you don't have anything else on that's more important, it might be worth heading down just in case.

I mean, I'd rather drive down to a place at the rumor of a stupidly good (possibly unadvertised) deal than not go at all and miss out on it.

From RFD:

Originally Posted by kashif316
Information that everyone has been waiting for...

B2G1 deal on any game from any system (mix and match) starts on Saturday at all TRU locations. However, no games over $89 can be part of the three games (ie. wii fit or rock band). The deal is going to be huge and keep in mind that even though the sale starts on Saturday, we can buy our games starting on Thursday night as the deal will be live but unadvertised until the flyer hits on Saturday.

I will probably go to Toys R Us Thursday after work and see if this is true to avoid getting up early on Saturday and all the hoarding scumbags that morning.

From reading over at RFD it seems some people have already begun hoarding. Supposedly some dude picked up 30 games already. This is such crap.

Why can't there be limits put in place?

Hopefully there will something left tomorrow.

[quote name='Magik_Tek']From reading over at RFD it seems some people have already begun hoarding. Supposedly some dude picked up 30 games already. This is such crap.

Why can't there be limits put in place?

Hopefully there will something left tomorrow.[/quote]
Then in your case you would probably hope that most stores follow the OTT store which was mentioned there and only gave full refunds instead of PM, with a restocking bin that is inaccessible to the general public and is emptied once every few hours (My evil scenario case...MUAHAHAHAHHAHA)?

[quote name='What']Doesnt surprise me the least bit, RFD is horrible for hoarding and being unselfish and greedy in these deals. I wish this deal never even got leaked on there.[/quote]
Quit the "holier than thou" attitude. Deals are meant to be shared, and there's no saying that the SINGLE hoarder was from RFD in the first place. People can view threads on CAG as well, you know.

bread's done
Back