TOYS R US Buy 2 Get 1 Free-Dec 6 2008 -DEAL NOW LIVE!!!GOGOGOGO!

From RFD this morning:

Originally Posted by movieking
Confirmed as active this morning

My wife was there Christmas shopping this morning so I asked her to pick up a few games to see if they would check out properly. They scanned in as buy 2, get 1 free.

Let the carnage begin.

Let the carnage begin indeed. I plan on going right after work.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chrisryans']Just got back from my TRU, no luck, they said the 6th. They didn't have much to pick from either :/[/quote]

Did you get them to at least ring in 3 games and total it to make sure? Most TRU stores are confirmed, so it's hard to believe that yours wouldn't work.

[quote name='chrisryans']Just got back from my TRU, no luck, they said the 6th. They didn't have much to pick from either :/[/quote]

Just have them scan the titles into the system, since the promo is already implemented, it should register.

Sweet. Got mine.

Opted to forgo Quantum of Solace in favour of Prince of Persia. Still got Bioshock and Gears 2. Had to wait awhile because they hid their PoP and they couldn't find it...

Still a lot in stock in my TRU though, but there was a lot of people in taking advantage of the deals. All I know is that Resistance 2 in the Cedarbrae Mall Toys R' Us (Scarborough, Ontario) is sold out and they have only a few copies of LBP left.

I hope the Ottawa St. Laurent TRU has something left by the time I get there after work. It's apparently been busy. But I have a list or 17 games to choose from that I want, so I should be able to find 3.

Since it's advertised to start on Saturday, would I have to talk to the cashier and get them to check if their system is upto date to take advantage of the sale today?

[quote name='Magik_Tek']Since it's advertised to start on Saturday, would I have to talk to the cashier and get them to check if their system is upto date to take advantage of the sale today?[/quote]

Most likely, these cashiers would already know that the deal is on since its already started and I'm willing to bet they have already had a bunch of people buying games. But, if they say no, just make them scan it. It WILL work.

Just got this deal at the Sherway Gardens TRU. Asked the cashier if it was on and he said yes, bought with no problem. A lot of their games seem to be 55$ regular price anyways so that makes it even better.

They didn't have seem to have many copies though, I got the last LBP and one of the last few Fable 2s and PoPs.

[quote name='What']
I cant believe most of you guys arent just considering this option? For one it lets you avoid the zoo in TRU stores right now and also Future shops will have more stock, plus less driving distance (like for me)[/quote]

That's because price matching at FS is YMMV at best and many of us have shitty FS.

And you never know if they will do a dickish move and check TrU's stock before selling you anything. >:p

[quote name='chrisryans']So basically if I take 3 games up, even if I don't mention it, one will ring in for free?[/quote]

It should, yep.

[quote name='SkyGheNe']Just checked Manchester, CT and the deal is NOT live yet. Even had them ring up three games.[/quote]

Might wanna check what forum you're in, Canada only bud, sry.

[quote name='chrisryans']Might wanna check what forum you're in, Canada only bud, sry.[/quote]

What's up with huge influx of amerifriends to Canadians deals section lately? Deals we are getting are that good?

[quote name='danthemightyone']What's up with huge influx of amerifriends to Canadians deals section lately? Deals we are getting are that good?[/QUOTE]

I got wayyy too excited - caught it on the main page.

[quote name='What']Just PMed this at future shop with no problems - they took a look on the TRU site and called one of the stores to verify that it actually started today and it was good.

I cant believe most of you guys arent just considering this option? For one it lets you avoid the zoo in TRU stores right now and also Future shops will have more stock, plus less driving distance (like for me)[/quote]
You're lucky Future Shop PM'd this deal for you, their PM policy states they do not match "free" offers, which this clearly is. Doesn't hurt to try!

I just picked up gow2, fable 2, and rfom2 at the tru in woodbridge. They had the sale going on, and still had a large selection of games (the only one that I couldn't find was Little big planet). Just for a warning, if anyone is thinking of going to the tru at Vaughan Mills don't, cause I went there first and they said the sale doesn't start for them until saturday.

[quote name='ashcrotch']I just picked up gow2, fable 2, and rfom2 at the tru in woodbridge. They had the sale going on, and still had a large selection of games (the only one that I couldn't find was Little big planet). Just for a warning, if anyone is thinking of going to the tru at Vaughan Mills don't, cause I went there first and they said the sale doesn't start for them until saturday.[/quote]

I believe ToysRUs has a central system, if you just walk up with 3 games and play dumb one should still ring in free. Don't quote me on that though.

I can confirm the deal is on in Montreal. Just picked up the following,

-Left 4 Dead x 2 (one for a friend)
-Resistance 2

-Final Fantasy IV
-Final Fantasy Tactics A2
-Sonic Chronicles

-Fatal Fury: Battle Archive 2
-Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
-World Heroes Anthology

I was looking for Valkyria Chronicles and The World ends with You but they didn't have any in stock. I wanted to buy more, but there was nothing else new that I haven't bought already.

Went to TRU at St. Laurent Centre in Ottawa at 4:30. They had tons of games for all systems. I picked up:

Smackdown vs Raw 2009 (Wii)
Sonic Unleashed (Wii)
Dragon Quest IV (DS)

They did not have Call of Duty World at War For the Wii. The guy didn't say if they were sold out or just didn't get it in. They also didn't have Ninjatown or Chrono Trigger, or Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia for the DS. I don't think they got these in at all because there was no spot on the shelf for them.

I will be hitting them up again next week, and the TRU on Merivale tomorrow. I really wanted those other games :)

[quote name='F0NG3R']anyone from Vancouver BC confirm this ?[/quote]
Confirmed @ Lougheed/Coquitlam, 11:30AM PST.

Picked up:

@Dufferin Mall
Gears of War 2
Prince of Persia
Dead Space

@Eglinton Center
Fable II
NHL09
Mirror's Edge

Neither stores had Fallout 3 or Left 4 Dead and can't say if they'll get any stock in this week, which really sucks since they were games I wanted the most.

I don't really get the fuss over this sale, it's only $20 off each game for $60 titles, if you're looking at GOW2 and stuff it's only $2 cheaper than Amazon.ca.

Still going to check it out though. :p

Confirmed at Metrotown. Stopped by after work and picked up Gears 2, Mortal Kombat vs. DC and Merc 2 for the 360. I actually went looking to pick up Call of Duty 5 and Prince of Persia but didn't see either or them. They had a several copies of other stuff like Mirror's Edge, Fable 2, Dead Space, Fallout 3 etc.

[quote name='EvilMario']Disturbing lack of DS games I was hoping for at Dufferin Mall.[/quote]

I had the same problem in Ottawa. Tons of casual crapola games, but not many traditional games. Out of my 10 DS options, TRU had 3 of them. If only EB did deals like this. Their selection is always pretty good.

I'm going to check the other TRU tomorrow.

Their system instantly gives they credit so you don't even need to mention anything to employees for those wondering.

I grabbed Dead Space (360), Mirror's Edge (360) and COD5 (PS3). I'm looking to trade COD5 for a 360 version in Vancouver. PM me.

grabbed fire emblem / prince of persia / animal crossing

too bad they dont have eternal sonata =(
was thinking to get mirror edge / nhl 09 / naruto but decided against it =(

It's kinda lame because I picked up Dead Space (360), Mario party 8 (not for me), and all I really wanted was the samba de amigo bundle (which was only $30) so I grabbed that

No time after my exam review tonight, I'm going to head up tomorrow morning before I hit the library, hopefully they had Persia this time.

[quote name='chrisryans']No time after my exam review tonight, I'm going to head up tomorrow morning before I hit the library, hopefully they had Persia this time.[/quote]

Zellers has a 2/$30 on games $19.99-$59.99 staring this weekend. It's in their new flyer. If you don't see it at toys r us try your luck there (I saw it for $59.99 at my local zellers).

Keep some plastic bags on hand. They're cheap these days. I hear they give them out for free if you buy something at a store.
(like mirror's edge)

[quote name='PuppetYuber']grabbed fire emblem / prince of persia / animal crossing

too bad they dont have eternal sonata =(
was thinking to get mirror edge / nhl 09 / naruto but decided against it =([/quote]

I saw Eternal Sonata (360) in their discount bin. It's $24.99.

I managed to get one at Zellers and it was $19.99 sticker price (got it for $13 during that one deal weekend)

bread's done
Back