TOYS R US Buy 2 Get 1 Free-Dec 6 2008 -DEAL NOW LIVE!!!GOGOGOGO!

[quote name='What']Haha someone here who has a RFD account want to post up in there thread, informing all those noobs that PMing at FS is doable since I did it twice yesterday with fellow CAG's lol. Sorry I dont have an account there and too lazy to sign up for one just for this one post.

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/...415&page=37http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/...415&page=37[/quote]

It's YMMV. Many Futureshops/Best Buys look at it as a "Promotion" and they don't match promotions.

Future Shop Lowest Price Guarantee Policy:
Here are a few terms and conditions.

The advertised item must be for the same brand and model and the product must be new and factory sealed, and subject to a manufacturer’s warranty applicable in Canada.
Advertised prices must be in Canadian dollars, and will be calculated as including all charges applicable for next day delivery to your home address.
The advertised item must be sold through an authorized dealer located in Canada. The terms and conditions of “Get it for less, guaranteed™” are subject to change without notice.
Our lowest price guarantee does not apply to advertising errors or misprints, special educational prices, restricted offers, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, OEM products, limited or minimum quantity or limited time offers, close-outs, liquidations, clearances, financing or other special offers.
If you are not completely satisfied, please talk to our store General Manager. If you need more help call 1-800-663-2275 for further assistance.

Congrats to those who PM'd!

[quote name='What']Pppfff, ya only $20 off ANY new release title for all systems, not a good deal eh? Geez what were they thinking!!! *sigh*[/QUOTE]
Maybe I was just spoiled with the Future Shop website glitch from last year, this year's Black Friday and Amazon.ca's $10 off coupon. This is a decent sale, no doubt, but go insane and hoard when new release games start at $20, not $40.

Vultures have descended in Calgary, I was just at the NE location and the shelves are starting to empty fast. I snagged the last copy of PoP on 360. I couldn't believe how busy the place was for a Friday morning at 9:30.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']nope, it seems like a game that will make me puke xD[/QUOTE]

Be Careful, I played the demo it made me nauseated with in one minute. What's worse though once I'm nauseated it lasts 1-1 1/2 hours and I have to lay down and do nothing.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']What's worse though once I'm nauseated it lasts 1-1 1/2 hours and I have to lay down and do nothing.[/quote]

Welcome to the last 15 years of my life when I play in first person.

yesterday, picked up COD:WAW wii, my cousin bought Smackdown v. Raw 2009

third game? wait for it...

...wii music.

what? i have little ppl to look out for! =)

[quote name='What']God I cant even read that thread anymore on RFD, that sites community is a total gongshow - everyone and anyone will literally bicker and whine and cry about the littliest things. Get a life noobs. And then when they dont get what they want, jealousy runs high like in a kindergarten class where little Bobby got a lollipop and you didnt. *sigh*[/quote]

Hah, if you think that's bad, go check out the "Everything" forum. If you can't get your daily chuckle out of that, then you aren't human. =)

[quote name='The Baron']Vultures have descended in Calgary, I was just at the NE location and the shelves are starting to empty fast. I snagged the last copy of PoP on 360. I couldn't believe how busy the place was for a Friday morning at 9:30.[/quote]

Just got back from the Macleod Trail TRU. Selection seemed pretty good to me. The place definitely was busy, but most people in electronics were only picking up 1 game so they obviously had no knowledge of the deal scanning in early.

Anyways, they had plenty of copies of Little Big Planet, Dead Space, Fallout 3 etc. I didn't look for Prince since I'm not interested in it.

A good thing to keep in mind with TRU, is many of their extra games are on those long shelves at the register. Remember to have a look there if it seems like they're out of stock on something particular.

[quote name='What']But that deal is such a hit and miss and zellers most of the time has crap games for their sales. I wouldnt mind checking it out but Im not getting my hopes up.[/quote]

Zellers is definitely a hit or miss. I checked out one on the way home from work and the prices were all over the place.

For instance: $59.99: NHL08, Medal of Honor: Airbourne, Gears 2
$69.99: NHL09, DoA:Extreme Volley Ball, Halo 3

Stock also all over the place. YMMV definitely goes hand in hand with Zellers.

Just got back from the Sherway TRU. Decent stock, but starting to diminish.

Of note, quite a few Prince of Persia, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, Fable II, Gears 2, Mirror's Edge, etc. It seemed that Left 4 Dead was long gone.

[quote name='What']New releases at $20? pppffff dream on kid, this aint the 1990s youre living in anymore.[/QUOTE]
With the Future Shop thing, I got Super Mario Galaxy for $25 with a BD-R disc (which I sold on eBay for ~$8) right after it came out. Also see this, from just last week - specifically Brothers in Arms if you're looking for that $20 mark. You've been missing out. :)

P.S. The first new release I bought brand new was Need for Speed Carbon for 360; I was an extremely casual gamer prior to getting a 360 and would only buy games used and months if not years after they came out. So I'm definitely not living in the 90s. ;)

Took advantage of this one today to get GoW2 (some friends got the other two games). I have to thank Griptor for telling me about it :D

[quote name='What']Ya all the mispriced items at Z, result of poor sales. It probably takes them a full moon to move a whole shipment ha. :whistle2:#[/quote]

It probably does.

I gave Zellers a call about the 2/$30 and it seems that it only applies to games that are $19.99 only and not $19.99-$59.99. The lady told me the $59.99 price must be online only.

Toronto Yonge and Eglington had a good selection of everything except Dead Space and Little Big Planet. Good luck in your search:D

[quote name='What']Eh I wish I had your patience, if I could wait months to get my hands on a game I most certainly would. But unfortunately, I dont have that patience, I have to get my hands on my games the first oppurtunity I get ha.

Anyways, I dont even wanna imagine the number of upset customers theres going to be tommorow, waking up early on a Sat, wait in line, only to find no games left lol. But who knows maybe they got a truck coming in tonight. Either way I think all 3 stores are pretty much cleaned out and going to take some serious flack for starting the sale 2 days early and not giving the general public a fair chance to get dibs.

I will definitely feel for the parents taking their little ones there in hope to pick up some games for them. :cry:[/quote]

Try dealing with upset customers who were asking me if we still had any DS' for our 99.97 deal. I had several people ask me if we had any in stock (TODAY; LAST DAY of the sale), and walked out of the R-Zone with a fit and dirty looks.

I'm sorry, but if you go into a store on the last day of ANY sale and expect there to be stock (ESPECIALLY in December) you deserve to be slapped.

[quote name='neksus']I'm sorry, but if you go into a store on the last day of ANY sale and expect there to be stock (ESPECIALLY in December) you deserve to be slapped.[/quote]

THANK YOU.

[quote name='AJD23']Try dealing with upset customers who were asking me if we still had any DS' for our 99.97 deal. I had several people ask me if we had any in stock (TODAY; LAST DAY of the sale), and walked out of the R-Zone with a fit and dirty looks.[/quote]

LOL, I worked at TRU a long time ago as a seasonal. I remember those exact parents wondering why the latest, greatest Barbie or RC Car was already sold out. Also, I must have been hiding a special one in the back just for their tardy ass to walk in and take it. Wait, I wasn't hiding a special one for their precious offspring? What kind of a douchebag was I?

I often wanted to scream "Look up SUPPLY AND fuck ing DEMAND, CRACKHEAD."

Back on topic, went to TRU in Woodbridge around 2pm, totally forgetting the sale was on today. There was a long, slow line, and most of the decent stuff already cleared off the shelves. Good thing I wasn't looking for anything in particular.

Woot my parents bought me Fallout 3 for 360 for christmas while I bought Metal Gear solid for for my new ps3

I was hoping to get Chrono Trigger as my free game but they where out of it so I settled for the second Pokemon ranger instead

[quote name='What']Oh you work at TRU? Electronics dept? Well expect your store to be a complete gongshow tommorow with it being Sat and Xmas time ha. Glad I dont have to be a part of it.[/quote]

Heh, I think I would know what to expect after last Saturday due to the DS deal and us receiving 30+ Wii Fits for the day. It wasn't all that bad as we were restricting amount of customers in the R-Zone to about 5-10 at a time. We'd probably do the same thing for tomorrow...MORNING (Yes, I'm opening just like last Sat.). Should...be...fun! Can't wait for Christmas Eve & Boxing Day :roll:

I checked out the TRU on Merivale in Ottawa tonight. They were out of quite a bit Wii and DS stuff. The DS selection sucked, and the Wii section was getting pretty bare. They did have a couple copies of CoD World at War left for the Wii, so I had to grab that. I also grabbed Animal Crossing and Tiger Woods 09 for the Wii. I am almost caught up with all the Wii games I want. The store had tall stacks of extra DS games behind the counter, but it looked like the same stuff that was still on the shelves.

[quote name='What']You think theres going to be a lineup outside tommorow morning? I hope all the little ones go home happy finding the games they want. :)

Ha Wiifit, the most pathetic gimmick ever. Seriously, if people want to get in shape, hit a freakin gym for crying out loud. :roll:[/quote]

Do you go to the Brampton location? Last Sat. there was at least 30-40 people lining up for w/e they wanted.

Think my parents have a good shot of getting any of these games for my Channukah present this year if they go tomorrow?

Lips (360)
End War(360)
Scene It(Software Only-360)

[quote name='Azumangaman']Think my parents have a good shot of getting any of these games for my Channukah present this year if they go tomorrow?

Lips (360)
End War(360)
Scene It(Software Only-360)[/quote]

If it's anything like my store, yes. Demand isn't very high for those games...not to say they aren't good; haven't tried them myself. As always, stock varies between stores, so good luck!

I went to the TRU on Merivale (Ottawa) twice today... first time with two friends and we each got a game (Gears 2, CoD5 PS3, Little Big Planet). Second time with one friend, I got Wario Land and Shaun White for Wii, and he got Prince of Persia for the 360.

Not a bad selection at that TRU at about 6PM. I was looking to get Fallout 3 but it was practically the only 360 game they didn't have in stock ;[ They had the PS3 version.

Also, not sure I'm keeping Shaun White. I was contemplating that, Skate It or Call of Duty on Wii. Or even Wii Music. Anyone have a suggestion on which one I should get/keep?

Do you have a balance board? If so, Skate It or Shaun White is decent I hear. Get CoD on 360, not Wii. I'd have to kill you if you got Wii Music.

[quote name='Griptor']I went to the TRU on Merivale (Ottawa) twice today... first time with two friends and we each got a game (Gears 2, CoD5 PS3, Little Big Planet). Second time with one friend, I got Wario Land and Shaun White for Wii, and he got Prince of Persia for the 360.

Not a bad selection at that TRU at about 6PM. I was looking to get Fallout 3 but it was practically the only 360 game they didn't have in stock ;[ They had the PS3 version.

Also, not sure I'm keeping Shaun White. I was contemplating that, Skate It or Call of Duty on Wii. Or even Wii Music. Anyone have a suggestion on which one I should get/keep?[/quote]

CoD on the Wii. Wii Music is a waste of time. However, I don't know if they have any CoD left. I grabbed the last one on the shelf last night at Merivale, and I only saw one behind the cash in stack of games they had behind the cash

Wow this was indeed crazy this morning!

Went there around 8:00am this morning and the parking was already fill at more than %60. So of couse as soon as I went to the R-Zone it was full of people with stack of games in their hands.

So here is what I got for my nephew (Wii + PSP) and myself (PS3).

- Wii : Destroy all human (big willy)
- PSP : God of War chain of Olympus
- PS3 : Singstar vol.1 (I was suppose to get vol.2 but they didnt have any but have plenty of ABBA)

Had no trouble to get the PSP + Wii as they seems to have several copies (though I dont think it will last long). I was surprise to see only 2 copies of Singstar vol.1 (that mean now they are only one left), no Vol.2 unless I take the bundle (I already have Singstar PS2 '80, so no need for mics).

I was at the ToysRus in St-Bruno shopping mall beside highway 30.

[quote name='titanium']I can confirm the deal is on in Montreal. Just picked up the following,

-Left 4 Dead x 2 (one for a friend)
-Resistance 2

-Final Fantasy IV
-Final Fantasy Tactics A2
-Sonic Chronicles

-Fatal Fury: Battle Archive 2
-Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
-World Heroes Anthology

I was looking for Valkyria Chronicles and The World ends with You but they didn't have any in stock. I wanted to buy more, but there was nothing else new that I haven't bought already.[/quote]

In addition of whats listed above, I also picked up the following this morning,

-Call of Duty: World at War (actually bought this already like 3 weeks ago at full price. time to take the newly bought sealed copy and return it with the old receipt ;))
-The Last Remnant
-Tomb Raider Underworld

-Chrono Trigger DS
-Dragon Quest IV
-The World ends with you

Obviously, none of those games are actually in stock at Toys R Us this morning but they are at my local Walmart :D

Went to Walmart early this morning with the Zellers ad (2 games for 30$, 19.99-59.99) and the buy 2 get 1 free Toys R Us ad. Asked to talk with the manager. Showed him the Zellers ad and it went down like this,

Manager: The ad specifies the selection varies in store, so I can't apply this to all games, only on their title selection''
Me: Well, if the ad said that it applies to all games on all consoles, then would you match it?
Manager: Yes I would.
Me: (pull out the toys r us ad which specifies, all games, all consoles) can you match this then?
Manager: Yes, that I can do

I think he was just thrilled that the requested deal went from 2/30$ to a buy 2 get 1 free :D. He seemed happy that he was taking a sale away from TRU.

Pretty happy with the sale overall. It's too bad that I couldn't find Valkyria Chronicles at TRU or Walmart. Still, I really can't complaint.

Look like i'm getting Buy 1 Get 1 Free! 'ONLINE'

I placed items in my cart last night, I refresh page and everything since in stock and I got one free now.

I checkout, and turns out one is not in-stock anymore, so now on my invoice, I got 2 games, one I pay for the other FREE. No sign of the other game.

They can't change my invoice and charge me for both?

[quote name='AJD23']If it's anything like my store, yes. Demand isn't very high for those games...not to say they aren't good; haven't tried them myself. As always, stock varies between stores, so good luck![/quote]
Yeah, I'm trying to go for games that don't have that much attention thrown at them, but are still near the top of my most wanted list.
I'm not some psycho kid looking for Wii Fit...

I figure I'll go out in about 15 minutes, see if the insane Zellers deal isn't an error, and If I can't get a ton of stuff there, I send my folks to TRU.

Thanks for the suggestion eday. I don't think they restock very quickly, TRU doesn't. When I was there they had 2 more CoD's on the Wii left, but alas.

[quote name='Firestorm']Do you have a balance board? If so, Skate It or Shaun White is decent I hear. Get CoD on 360, not Wii. I'd have to kill you if you got Wii Music.[/quote]

I do have the balance board, yeah. It was mostly between Skate It and Shaun White for me just because of the board. I'm thinking I should've went with Skate It and I might go back for it.

And what's with the Wii Music hate? Haha, nah, I understand why everyone rags on it, but I wouldn't mind it for ~35 bucks. Maybe I'm considering it because I'm desperate for Wii games this autumn....if it weren't for this sale it'd have been the first autumn in like 15 years that I don't buy a Nintendo game. Yeesh.

Just got back from the TRU near Surrey Central Skytrain station. It was soooo dead!
Only one other person in the 'R' Zone and they didn't even know about the sale until they saw one of the pink signs.

Lots of good stuff left: 1 copy of Fallout 3, and tons of copies of Mirror's Edge, POP, GOW2 (regular and LE), Fable 2.

I only looked at the 360 stuff, but PS3, DS etc. were all pretty fully stocked so they might just have what you're looking for. No COD5 for the 360 though, and I don't remember seeing Left 4 Dead but that doesn't mean it wasn't there.

[quote name='What']Want a better suggestion? Get rid of your overrated Wii and time to get a REAL console.[/quote]

OMG, the Wii's been out for two years, can we stop with the console wars bullshit already? Also, it's clear from Griptor's earlier post IN THIS THREAD that he's got "real" consoles. Reading comprehension: I has it.

[quote name='What']Want a better suggestion? Get rid of your overrated Wii and time to get a REAL console.[/quote]

Hah, come on now. The Wii isn't bad, it's just had a bad autumn.

I do have a 360 and love it, though.

Take your bullshit to a nongaming forum like gamefaqs or neogaf.

[quote name='Griptor']And what's with the Wii Music hate? Haha, nah, I understand why everyone rags on it, but I wouldn't mind it for ~35 bucks. Maybe I'm considering it because I'm desperate for Wii games this autumn....if it weren't for this sale it'd have been the first autumn in like 15 years that I don't buy a Nintendo game. Yeesh.[/quote]Well listening to 1up Yours, John Davidson tried Wii Music. He (gamer found it boring). When he said his wife might like it, she tried it and thought he was calling her stupid. His kids (5 and 3 I believe?) found it boring. It's just a bad game all around witih absolutely no substance. If you have more than a Wii, there are a ton of other games you could be trying out instead.

And yeah, if it weren't for Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, this would be the first Q4 I was not buying a game for a Nintendo console. It probably is the first Q4 I can remember where I didn't get a Nintendo published game....

Oh, man, I forgot about Tales...I don't think it was even at my TRU! I liked Symphonia on the Cube.

And that's pretty funny, about John Davidson. Guess Wii Music really is that bad huh. Thanks for the heads up.

Sweet picked up Fallout 3, Saints Row (because of CheapyD) and the last copy of Dead Space from the TRU in Metrotown in Burnaby, B.C.

I asked to see if there were any copy's of CoD 5 for the Xbox 360 (because I didn't see any for both xbox 360 and ps3, maybe they were all sold out?), and they said they only had the Special Edition only for $89.99. Too bad.

I was surprised to see so many old grannies at Toys R Us this morning. Everyone seemed to be gathering around the DS and Wii stuff!

We were hoping to find Chrono Trigger DS, but it was nowhere to be found. Oh well.

[quote name='Griptor']Oh, man, I forgot about Tales...I don't think it was even at my TRU! I liked Symphonia on the Cube.

And that's pretty funny, about John Davidson. Guess Wii Music really is that bad huh. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't take John Davidson kids as an example of what games to buy. His Kids also got bored of Wii Mario Kart. I plan on trying it when it hits $10 at EB probably the same time as the last $10 Wii game sales.

Newbie What, Don't bother with that crap here.

[quote name='frozzted']There's this:

http://toysrusca.shoplocal.com/toys...8&pagenumber=1&promotioncode=TRUCan081206-ENG[/quote]

hey thank you.

i just called my local walmart though and they're all "oh we cant price match print-outs because they could be fake. you have to get a REAL flyer from the store"
then i said "cant you just call them and confirm it? or even go on their website?"
to which they replied "no, we can't call them. and no, we don't get internet"

bleh, I'm going to try to price match them with Zeller's 2 for $30 deal, because I do have the flyer for that.

[quote name='summer_star17x']hey thank you.

i just called my local walmart though and they're all "oh we cant price match print-outs because they could be fake. you have to get a REAL flyer from the store"
then i said "cant you just call them and confirm it? or even go on their website?"
to which they replied "no, we can't call them. and no, we don't get internet"

bleh, I'm going to try to price match them with Zeller's 2 for $30 deal, because I do have the flyer for that.[/quote]

That sucks. My Wal-Mart accepts print outs :)
Although, I always print out a page from the flyer, the item page, and the quantity available page just in case.

Went back to TRU today because the wife wanted My Fitness Coach for the Wii. So I grabbed Metroid Prime 3 and Sam & Max Volume 1, both for Wii.

Since none of the TRU have any of the DS games I want, I think I will be heading to Wal-Mart with the TRU flyer and get what I want there.

bread's done
Back