TOYS R US Buy 2 Get 1 Free-Dec 6 2008 -DEAL NOW LIVE!!!GOGOGOGO!

[quote name='summer_star17x']
bleh, I'm going to try to price match them with Zeller's 2 for $30 deal, because I do have the flyer for that.[/quote]

just got back from walmart. They do not price match the Zellers 2/30 deal. (which I was kind of expecting, but some lazy young workers might do it anyway).

I did goto Zellers though. And of course, they had a sign explaining the "price error" for the 59.99 games. They had a bin of CRAP games. some even marked 4.99. Are you kidding me?
The only good game I saw was Eternal Sonata for Xbox360 priced at 19.99
I was going to get it, but couldn't find another game to get for the $30 deal.

Was out and about again today; nothing great (again) at Dufferin Mall, but they did have multiple copies of Guitar Hero World Tour (Fullset, Wii).

[quote name='jdelrio22']does this deal work in the states TRUs??[/quote]

It's only for Canada. Sorry Amerifriends...

[quote name='jdelrio22']does this deal work in the states TRUs??[/quote]

no. you guys have your deals and your black fridays.

let us have this one great deal for once :bomb:

Just did a 1am Wal-Mart run and had them price match Toys R Us to get Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, Ninja Town and Rune Factory 2, all for the DS. I won't be buying any games for a long while now after spending quite a lot in 3 days, and because the only other must have game left on my list is Chrono Trigger. The rest are ones I would get if I saw them for very cheap.

Just got back from the metrotown location
got Mirrors edge, prince of persia and far cry2 all for 360
they were sold out of resistance 2, gears 2, fallout 3, left 4 dead
there were still alot of copies of prince of persia and far cry 2

[quote name='Azumangaman']My parents went today and they said they got stuff, but of course they wouldn't tell me what (Channukah gifts).[/quote]

So I guess you're getting Disney's Princesses, Petz Dogz 2, and Hannah Montana for Channukah? :lol:

It's fine to return one of my DS games if they get Chrono Trigger in right? I have Final Fantasy Tactics which cost $39.99. I also got the gift receipt.

Wow even a day after the sale started I got 2 of the games I wanted. I went today at noon and the selection was pretty good. I got Dead Space, Farcry2 and PoP, all for 360. I plan to exchange FC2 for another game when they get it in stock though but I was so amazed that I even got two I wanted.

Sadly, in the DS department, they don't seem to carry Chrono Trigger, FFIV or The World Ends with you. Meaning, they weren't sold out, they just don't sell them.
Last year I had a problem getting SquareEnix games from TRU so I am suggesting that we all look into this as it may be a conspiracy :lol:

(also, I chose Farcry because there were a lot of copies left. I was going to get Gears2 but it would be a dick move to get the last one knowing I was going to return it)

[quote name='Zeitgeist']Wow even a day after the sale started I got 2 of the games I wanted. I went today at noon and the selection was pretty good. I got Dead Space, Farcry2 and PoP, all for 360. I plan to exchange FC2 for another game when they get it in stock though but I was so amazed that I even got two I wanted.

Sadly, in the DS department, they don't seem to carry Chrono Trigger, FFIV or The World Ends with you. Meaning, they weren't sold out, they just don't sell them.
Last year I had a problem getting SquareEnix games from TRU so I am suggesting that we all look into this as it may be a conspiracy :lol:

(also, I chose Farcry because there were a lot of copies left. I was going to get Gears2 but it would be a dick move to get the last one knowing I was going to return it)[/quote]

I got Final Fantasy IV, so they do carry it but i think you're right about Chrono Trigger and The world ends witih you (i wanted both)

[quote name='summer_star17x']hey thank you.

i just called my local walmart though and they're all "oh we cant price match print-outs because they could be fake. you have to get a REAL flyer from the store"
then i said "cant you just call them and confirm it? or even go on their website?"
to which they replied "no, we can't call them. and no, we don't get internet"

bleh, I'm going to try to price match them with Zeller's 2 for $30 deal, because I do have the flyer for that.[/quote]

So has anyone with a Toys R Us flyer price matched this deal at Walmart?

[quote name='arfin']I got Final Fantasy IV, so they do carry it but i think you're right about Chrono Trigger and The world ends witih you (i wanted both)[/quote]

They do have The World Ends With You, that was one of the games my brother picked up from this deal.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if they carry Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories?

ToysRUs would be dumb to not stock a Kingdom Hearts game, ie the most marketable franchise to come out of the previous generation. It's so marketable, it sells itself.

The question about Chain of Memories is, will TrU have it in time for people to buy it during the 2+1 sale or not.

DS and PSP titles are very, very hit, or miss at TRU. Our location didn't have Chrono Trigger, World Ends with You, or Castlevania OoE. And their PSP selection, don't get me started. :roll:

[quote name='LEAPCHEAP']So has anyone with a Toys R Us flyer price matched this deal at Walmart?[/quote]

I did, last night. No problems at all. They will price match, which is great because their selection is much better than TRU. I got three DS games last night, 2 of which TRU didn't have, and didn't even have a spot on the shelf for: Ninja Town and Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia.

It will take some good willpower to not go back and price match again. I have spent too much already.

Judging by the comments found in this thread, I think I shouldn't feel so bad not being able to schedule a 90 minute drive with a car I don't have to get to the closest Toys in order to grab some games with money I don't actually have.

At most I wanted to grab was Chrono Trigger and Poke Ranger 2, but it seems like Toys don't stock those.

Yeah for Chain of Memories, I just got Mario Party 8 as my 3rd game then traded it to EB for $35 store credit and got it there with $5 to spare..

Sounds stupid but that's the only game left I wanted from this holiday season and ToysRUs hasn't even got Chrono Trigger in stock so I'm not counting this game to be stocked during this week

[quote name='poiuiu']Judging by the comments found in this thread, I think I shouldn't feel so bad not being able to schedule a 90 minute drive with a car I don't have to get to the closest Toys in order to grab some games with money I don't actually have.

At most I wanted to grab was Chrono Trigger and Poke Ranger 2, but it seems like Toys don't stock those.[/quote]

[quote name='EvilMario']DS and PSP titles are very, very hit, or miss at TRU. Our location didn't have Chrono Trigger, World Ends with You, or Castlevania OoE. And their PSP selection, don't get me started. :roll:[/quote]

[quote name='poiuiu']ToysRUs would be dumb to not stock a Kingdom Hearts game, ie the most marketable franchise to come out of the previous generation. It's so marketable, it sells itself.

The question about Chain of Memories is, will TrU have it in time for people to buy it during the 2+1 sale or not.[/quote]

The coquitlam TRU has Chrono Trigger!!!!!

It even comes with a limited edition Chrono Trigger poster too!!!

price is 44///i hate RPGs...so I threw it back in to the bargain bins where it belonged!

[quote name='Azumangaman']My parents went today and they said they got stuff, but of course they wouldn't tell me what (Channukah gifts).[/quote]

I'm still waiting for my birthday present since september :'(

I got Age of Empires and Locks Quest for $30 each and picked up some generic mini game game for wii for the rents for christmas. Love free stuff.

Hamilton TRU must have stocked for this week, almost every game out for the past month or so was there. Picked up for 360: POP,LIPS,Fallout3.

Oh shit, I want Lips, I'm reading reviews but some parts of the game are better than Singstar while some are worse, verdict CAG?

I picked up some Xmas gifts (PoP/Naruto:UNS/Animal Crossing), pretty good for what it is, I feel weird that I spent $0 on my brother's Xmas gift this year :D.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Has anyone seen Tales of Symphonia DotNW (Wii) or House of the Dead (Wii)?[/QUOTE]

I bought house of the dead for the wii and it was a major disappointment, after playing both,I would recommend RE:UC

[quote name='shifty_37']Hamilton TRU must have stocked for this week, almost every game out for the past month or so was there. Picked up for 360: POP,LIPS,Fallout3.[/quote]

When was this? They didn't have fallout3 on Sunday for 360. Only the LE.

Was there Monday morning.

Haven't played lips yet, but the announcement of the mic being compatible with RB sold me a bit more, considering I saw a RB wireless mic at EB for 59.99.

[quote name='shifty_37']Was there Monday morning.

Haven't played lips yet, but the announcement of the mic being compatible with RB sold me a bit more, considering I saw a RB wireless mic at EB for 59.99.[/quote]

If you're referring to the 59.99 Mad Catz M.I.C., that one is not wireless. Just a heads-up.

[quote name='kathos']Oh shit, I want Lips, I'm reading reviews but some parts of the game are better than Singstar while some are worse, verdict CAG?[/quote]

I'm in love with the prettiness of the Lips mics and I can't wait for RB2 to support them! The game's got some nice features, like the Time Bomb mini-game and the fact that the mics picks up vibrato and give you extra points for doing so. But overall, I'm rather bored with the game already, which I find kind of redundant and lacking in the song variety department. Maybe I'm just spoiled by all the Singstar games and their different genres and theme packages, but I prefer that series.

Thanks OP.

Was able to score Fracture, Battlefield Bad Company and Condemned 2 for $80 plus tax, works out to roughly $30 a game brand new.

This deal is perfect for those slightly older titles (6 months or so) that have already been discounted - Vegas 2, Devil May Cry 4, Army of Two, etc. Also, it seems that Toys R Us is constantly restocking, so check back if you don't get what you want right away...

Toys R Us in the St. Laurent Centre in Ottawa now has Chrono Trigger for the DS. I already bought enough games on this deal, so I passed. That, and the only games I would have been able to buy would have been Mario Kart DS and Super Princess PEach, the two most pricey DS games.

House of dead $15 used at EB, too bad Unrbrella still $40 with piles in stock, the same ones EB sold new for $10 or were pmed against that.

[quote name='d_bomb_23']I bought house of the dead for the wii and it was a major disappointment, after playing both,I would recommend RE:UC[/quote]

Hmmm I played RE: UC and didn't like it that much, so I want to try HotD. Or I could go and pick up UC again if it still wasn't $50.

Went to the Calgary trail location in Edmonton, had balls for PS3 games (Bioshock only one I wanted), called Northside and also nothing. Supposedly restocking on Thursday or Friday but we'll see...think Wal-Mart will PM this deal?

[quote name='mberkes']think Wal-Mart will PM this deal?[/quote]
YMMV ... No luck with mine, but reports of success on RFD.

I went to the Gatineau Toy-R-Us this morning and purchased Fable II, Fallout 3, and the new Prince of Persia. I was hoping to find Left 4 Dead but no such luck.

[quote name='jarjarrick']YMMV ... No luck with mine, but reports of success on RFD.[/quote]

My Ottawa Wal-Mart (South Keys) price matched the TRU deal with the flyer.

Yeah, just did it today at the Sherwood Park Wal-Mart with the flyer. Took a bit though, as the CSMs were high school girls who thought the "every title" only applied to the ones with pictures in the flyers. I mean, they could've fit all the games they sell into one flyer, right guys?!

bread's done
Back