Trade In 3 Select Games, Get Fight Night Round 4 Free at GameStop

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
[IMG-L=5198]7741[/IMG-L]Trade in 3 select PS3 or Xbox 360 titles to GameStop and get Fight Night Round 4 free. Click the image on the left for eligible titles. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Offer ends 07/12/09.

icongs_r1.gif
Fight Night Round 4 Trade-in Promotion

page2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jdawgg76']Some surprising games in that list like GTA4, R62, 007, etc. R6 and Bioshock were POGs at BB/GS even. I still have a POG Bioshock and a $10 007 that a friend never picked up so I may have to figure out a way to finagle this deal. I'd try to pick up a cheap game like banjo, play it and trade, but in the past games have been removed from the list before the deal was over and I wouldn't want that to catch me out.[/QUOTE]

they can remove games from the deal?

No offense to the topic creator, but i think Gamespot/EB Games Deals should be banned from this section, cause they arent really deals at all.

[quote name='Dr. Pizza']No offense to the topic creator, but i think Gamespot/EB Games Deals should be banned from this section, cause they arent really deals at all.[/QUOTE]

I think this was a great deal imo. I had no use for GTA4, was thinking of trading in Pure anyway and got a game that was also on the list from Target for 9.98 so I basically get FNR4 for 13 something.

To each their own, I mean I know a lot of people really despise GS but for some people (like myself) this was a great deal.

[quote name='Dr. Pizza']No offense to the topic creator, but i think Gamespot/EB Games Deals should be banned from this section, cause they arent really deals at all.[/QUOTE]

Why not? Of course it not a deal if you trade in 3 games that came out last week, but if many times there are plenty of games on the list that value isn't anywhere close to the price of the New game.

I for one am glad this post is made.

in fact this is a deal, one that I am going to use in about 10 min or so.

I picked up 2 games from target no more than an hour ago which totaled about $25. Add bioshock which cost me $10 and is $18 used at gamestop as well.

So for anyone who can find any target deals (i didnt even get the best ones), or any other cheap games on the list, it is a deal. Also have to consider that many cags have a large collection of games they've already finished and have no use for.

I would have never known about this if i didnt check cag.

The reason this deal is different from other deals at gamestop is some games that are literally $10-$20 are on this list for example

Banjo is 9.98 clearance at target
007 was in the best buy $10 deal alot of ppl picked up
Marvel ultimate alliance gold $10-$20 at various places

If you keep on cag and look at $10 game deals quite a few of those are on this list which is rare for any gamestop deal because usually stuff that cost that cheap doesnt make the list.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Gonna sound bad, but lets say I trade in three games, get fight night 4, can I then return it for $60 credit?[/QUOTE]

Im sure you cant do that on the spot but whats to come back a diff day or go to another gamestop and be like i got this as a gift i dont want it

ohhh wow buying games at target and then giving them in so your getting a discount towards UFC?

Man you guys are even more slick then me. LOL

[quote name='anthonyd46']Im sure you cant do that on the spot but whats to come back a diff day or go to another gamestop and be like i got this as a gift i dont want it[/QUOTE]

will the receipt say anything special on it? if not why not...

I went to gamestop a few min ago expecting to come out with a preorder and 3 games missing. Instead he wouldnt let me pay it off with the deal. He said it had to be at the time of sale. so $5 preorder and ill come back tomorrow. I just felt odd carrying around those 2 mics arount the shopping center.

How is getting a 60.00 game for 3 games that are worth 10 bucks each not a deal? If you traded in 3 brand new games, then yes it wouldn't be a good deal. But there is definitely some good deal potential here.

[quote name='kart007k']Dude sell it on ebay. You can easily get 80-90.[/QUOTE]

I am so sick of the fees, final value fee, shipping costs, and the hassle.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']will the receipt say anything special on it? if not why not...

I went to gamestop a few min ago expecting to come out with a preorder and 3 games missing. Instead he wouldnt let me pay it off with the deal. He said it had to be at the time of sale. so $5 preorder and ill come back tomorrow. I just felt odd carrying around those 2 mics arount the shopping center.[/QUOTE]

My Gamestop let me do it today as a preorder. I traded in Quantum of Solace and Pure from the Best Buy Sale and picked up a copy of Monsters vs. Aliens from Target for $12.48 on my way to Gamestop. It actually included my edge into the deal and I completely paid off FN:R4 (There was no tax included....not sure if that is a pre-0rder thing) and they put an extra $3.75 on my edge card.

Woo hoo - stopped by Target, picked up SvR 09, LotR: Conquest, and Monsters vs. Aliens for $30. An actual deal at GS?!? Well played, OP! Thanks a million (or at least 30)!

[quote name='SkylineChili4Me']Woo hoo - stopped by Target, picked up SvR 09, LotR: Conquest, and Monsters vs. Aliens for $30. An actual deal at GS?!? Well played, OP! Thanks a million (or at least 30)![/QUOTE]

Seriously. I want your Target.

[quote name='SkylineChili4Me']Woo hoo - stopped by Target, picked up SvR 09, LotR: Conquest, and Monsters vs. Aliens for $30. An actual deal at GS?!? Well played, OP! Thanks a million (or at least 30)![/QUOTE]

What game is "SvR 09"? ... I am trying to have a list of what to try and grab at target.. I will probably get a gift receipt at gamestop and do an credit exchange for inFamous.. oh wait.. i wonder if that would work.. never done something like that at Gamestop before.

SVR 09 = Smackdown Vs Raw 2009.

My Target Clearance consists of 2 games basically. L4D is $30, and Scene It: BOS for $20.

You guys are lucky SOBs.

haha my target has those red tag sales for 30-41 :p it's so lame... where are you guys going to target with the 10$ sale games? LOL!!!! I kind of want to play that lord of the rings game, I heard it had bad reviews and its a terrible game, but I have a thing for bad games lol!!!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']To who have done this: Do they still give you the 10% boost on the base TIV of the games you're trading in?[/QUOTE]

No. It bumped two games to $20.00 and one 19.99

I had to pull the trigger! I found L4D at Target for $12.48 and I couldn't pass up that. I also traded in LBP and MLB 2K9. I got $65.20 credit on my Edge Card!

NCAA 10 here I come!

LBP's TIV is $28
MLB 2K9 is $16.50 and
Left 4 Dead is $18.70

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jjjbadboy32']I traded in:

R6V2-9.98 at target
QoS- 10 at Best Buy
Pure- 10 at Best Buy

Great deal.[/QUOTE]

Steal.

I have RSV2 but I do not have the booklet anymore so they wouldn't let me do it.

[quote name='Evolved']So Fight Night doesn't come out until tomorrow (6/24)?[/QUOTE]

The guy told me that he got an early shipment today but that was for pre-orders only and he doesn't have any games right now for sale since they supposedly can't sell them today if you didn't pre-order it. I asked him if I can pre-order it then and he told me no since they stopped pre-orders on it so he put it all on an EDGE card for me.

[quote name='Evolved']So Fight Night doesn't come out until tomorrow (6/24)?[/QUOTE]

I got mine today, with no existing preorder

[quote name='rdogg1026']The guy told me that he got an early shipment today but that was for pre-orders only and he doesn't have any games right now for sale since they supposedly can't sell them today if you didn't pre-order it. I asked him if I can pre-order it then and he told me no since they stopped pre-orders on it so he put it all on an EDGE card for me.[/QUOTE]

So, basically you can just use the credit for anything? I want to get in on the deal, but I don't particularly want to keep FN. Has anyone been successful getting a different game?

These Target clearance Xbox 360 games all qualify for the Fight Night R4 trade-in.
Click the links and enter your zipcode to check the availablility at a Target near you.
Disregard the prices online and scan them at the store to check them.

$9.98 Target clearance games:
Banjo and Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/find-target-store.html?asin=B001DYJXHI

Lord of the Rings: Conquest
http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/find-target-store.html?asin=B001AZFSDS

Mirror's Edge
http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/find-target-store.html?asin=B00149PCAO

NBA Live 09
http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/find-target-store.html?asin=B001AZ7RLE

$12.48 Target clearance games:
Left 4 Dead
(Not the GOTY edition. Must check in store for availability.)

Lips w/2 wireless mics
http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/find-target-store.html?asin=B001CMNJOE

Monsters vs. Aliens
http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/find-target-store.html?asin=B001PKHRT6

Need for Speed Undercover
http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/find-target-store.html?asin=B001AZFSG0

Saints Row 2
(Not the Collectors Edition. Must check in store for availability.)

WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2009
http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/find-target-store.html?asin=B00175GC4U

Do some math before you get in on this deal. If you trade in 3 games, that gets you an extra 20% + Edge. If a game gets more than $16 trade in, you'll get more in credit than if you traded 3 for FNR4. Obviously if you have 6 games to trade in to get 40% more credit, do that. A $15 game would now get you $22.50.

It is a pretty good deal if you use it right. If only we knew about this during the B2G1 sale.

You can probably just buy FN and return it the next day. You'll get full credit. People were doing this when EA Active had this deal. Of course, you can get banned for this if you keep doing it.

You have a couple of options:
1. cancel the pre-order (probably too late for that)
2. return the (unopened) game
for store credit and get another game.

[quote name='KongaKing']I got mine today, with no existing preorder[/QUOTE]
The GS I stopped at didn't have the game so I checked their site and no store with in 100 miles has the game.

Another thing that was weird was this. Quantum of solace was one of the games I wanted to trade in but they refused to accept it. I said why and the girl said "because it's sealed" to which I replied " ok, I'll remove it" and she said that I can't do that in the store and that I had to leave and come back. That didn't make any sense to me so I took my three games and left. I'll go to a different store tomorrow.

[quote name='Evolved']The GS I stopped at didn't have the game so I checked their site and no store with in 100 miles has the game.

Another thing that was weird was this. Quantum of solace was one of the games I wanted to trade in but they refused to accept it. I said why and the girl said "because it's sealed" to which I replied " ok, I'll remove it" and she said that I can't do that in the store and that I had to leave and come back. That didn't make any sense to me so I took my three games and left. I'll go to a different store tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

My store does release day games now. They have a GS manager go around to local stores and drop off boxes at each store. About the game being sealed, that is a common GS policy about not accepting sealed games (They think they are stolen)

[quote name='Evolved']The GS I stopped at didn't have the game so I checked their site and no store with in 100 miles has the game.

Another thing that was weird was this. Quantum of solace was one of the games I wanted to trade in but they refused to accept it. I said why and the girl said "because it's sealed" to which I replied " ok, I'll remove it" and she said that I can't do that in the store and that I had to leave and come back. That didn't make any sense to me so I took my three games and left. I'll go to a different store tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Same thing with me for L4D. I had it sealed so the guy gave me a boxcutter and told me to go outside and unseal it. It is a new policy at Gamestop.

[quote name='rdogg1026']The guy told me that he got an early shipment today but that was for pre-orders only and he doesn't have any games right now for sale since they supposedly can't sell them today if you didn't pre-order it. I asked him if I can pre-order it then and he told me no since they stopped pre-orders on it so he put it all on an EDGE card for me.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'm pretty sure these are just the standard trade in values plus the 20 percent tiered bonus deal they have going on right now and has nothing to do with the Fight Night promo, you were just given standard store credit not associated with this deal. A few people in this thread are trading in target clearance games and just getting store credit, and not realizing its not actually this deal. the majority of the target games will actually give you more trade in value than the 59.99 fight night promo, so the computer just gives that value. There are only a few games really that this promo is worth more than the plain old trade in value plus 20 percent...like banjo kazooie(worth only 8.50 base i think).

[quote name='rdogg1026']If you're serious, you got a deal.[/QUOTE]

i'll give u 5 more dollars for this deal

Wow, I have NHL, Far Cry2 and QoS (but I have yet to play it....maybe tonight to see if I like it). Worst comes to worst...I can trade in FNR4 eventually or just return it.

bread's done
Back