Trade In 3 Select Games, Get Fight Night Round 4 Free at GameStop

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
[IMG-L=5198]7741[/IMG-L]Trade in 3 select PS3 or Xbox 360 titles to GameStop and get Fight Night Round 4 free. Click the image on the left for eligible titles. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Offer ends 07/12/09.

icongs_r1.gif
Fight Night Round 4 Trade-in Promotion

page2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rdogg1026']Steal.

I have RSV2 but I do not have the booklet anymore so they wouldn't let me do it.[/QUOTE]

They wouldn't take the game without a manual? Half of the games they sell used at my gamestop are missing the manual!!!

That is ROTTEN.

[quote name='Evolved']The GS I stopped at didn't have the game so I checked their site and no store with in 100 miles has the game.

Another thing that was weird was this. Quantum of solace was one of the games I wanted to trade in but they refused to accept it. I said why and the girl said "because it's sealed" to which I replied " ok, I'll remove it" and she said that I can't do that in the store and that I had to leave and come back. That didn't make any sense to me so I took my three games and left. I'll go to a different store tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

LOL...same here. This guy told me "Even if you go outside, open them and come back in, I still can't take them because I knew they were unopened." I wonder if he knows that all games were unopened at one point. Do they give GS employees a screening before hiring to make sure they have no common sense? The funniest thing about it is that they could sell the game for more if I didn't open it.

So I just went and reserved FNR4 with 3 of those Best Buy $10 games, and ended up having them PAY ME $6 extra past the $64 of game+tax on a gift card. Not sure how that happened, but hey, I'm not complaining.

Thanks for the heads up on this deal, CAG.

[quote name='lawl']So I just went and reserved FNR4 with 3 of those Best Buy $10 games, and ended up having them PAY ME $6 extra past the $64 of game+tax on a gift card. Not sure how that happened, but hey, I'm not complaining.

Thanks for the heads up on this deal, CAG.[/QUOTE]

most likely because you didn't actually use this deal and were just given what the games were worth. 3 game trade in gets you and extra 20 percent right now, this is the deal the computer gave you, not this one.

[quote name='caltab']most likely because you didn't actually use this deal and were just given what the games were worth. 3 game trade in gets you and extra 20 percent right now, this is the deal the computer gave you, not this one.[/QUOTE]
The computer wasn't applying the FNR4 promo and wanted me to pay like $25 more, so the manager had to override the prices after I showed him the flyer in the store.

Going over the receipt now, it looks like the 20% had already applied before he did that, so I ended up with both promos. It's fucking awesome how far ahead I came out on this one with those BB clearance games.

[quote name='lawl']The computer wasn't applying the FNR4 promo and wanted me to pay like $25 more, so the manager had to override the prices after I showed him the flyer in the store.

Going over the receipt now, it looks like the 20% had already applied before he did that, so I ended up with both promos. It's fucking awesome how far ahead I came out on this one with those BB clearance games.[/QUOTE]

ya, def sounds like you got an override which netted you the extra few buck, cause the 20 percent and this deal don't stack. good deal for you. i had some kind of override too I think, cause my receipt only gave me 30 dollars credit, and the dude had to hand right on it reserve paid in full. I traded in banjo, madden 2009 ce, and heavenly sword. Makes me wonder if this deal isn't working in there system and all the people who are getting extra money are just getting the 20 percent deal, most the games on the list are worth more than 20 with the extra 20 percent plus 10 percent edge. Perhaps the real low value games have already been removed from the eligible titles and th elist hasn't been updated(I know they've done this in the past)

Well I traded in Bioshock (360 and PS3) along with Spider-Man Web of Shadows (all of which I bought from Blockbuster for under $15 each). Not a bad deal, though I wish I could have found some of those $10 games at Target, my Target is garbage.

So, what are the odds of returning this game to another GameStop since I Really don't want it, but it seems better than the 40% deal they have going on.

[quote name='derder']You guys should know this by now.

You can't trade in sealed games, anywhere.[/QUOTE]

You can get store credit at Walmart... assuming you don't do it often.

Side question: Is there anything in the system that prevents you from doing the deal price? Found a few Banjos and NFS:U at Target tonight so I might have enough to do it twice... might make it worth it if I can return the game full price or sell on ebay or something...

[quote name='SkylineChili4Me']Woo hoo - stopped by Target, picked up SvR 09, LotR: Conquest, and Monsters vs. Aliens for $30. An actual deal at GS?!? Well played, OP! Thanks a million (or at least 30)![/QUOTE]

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Seriously. I want your Target.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seriously - it's one thing for a Target to even have these in stock. But then you got them for LESS than the lowest possible price!? WTF? Lowest possible price (except for a few rare instances) is 75% off the original MSRP. So SvsR should have been $12.48, and Monsters also should have been $12.48. I guess LOTR Conquest they must have readjusted to the lower MSRP after it went on clearance because around here when it first showed up it was going off the $59.99 pricing (which would make the cheapest it gets $14.98). Still, though, the only game that even made it to 75% off around here was SvsR and I did grab a couple of those. I really want Monsters vs Aliens and LOTR Conquest for myself - would much prefer them to FNR4 actually ;).

A couple of GS trade-in promo tips for the newbies:

1) ALWAYS open the games first. I like to anyway because I can swap out the cases and replace used/stickered GS cases I have at home with the new minty ones from the trade-in fodder. Let GS have their crap back - PLUS, it has the added benefit of making them "look" used for those suspicious clerks (we like to call them Junior Detectives) who think you are up to something if your games are new or even look too new.

2) Yes, you should have no problem doing the deal multiple times - probably best to go to a different store, though, or at least do it on a different day.

3) You should have very little problem returning the game for $59.99 in store credit (and then getting what you really want). It is probably better if you get a gift receipt and use that to return it but I've never had a problem returning something that I bought using a promo even with the original receipt. I just wouldn't make a habit out of it (e.g., I spend so much there on other stuff and my returns are minimal though I do this sort of thing occasionally). As with anything, if this gets abused too much they will put an end to it.

4) And I know this has been covered but I see it being asked again: you cannot trade more than 1 of a single game at a time. They have realy been cracking down on this lately so it isn't even worth trying. I have traded multiple copies of the same game at different times to the same store, though, so they don't seem to care over the long term (just not in one transaction).

Last edited by a moderator:

I Have, at gamestop. The manager (person who let me do it) has seen me coming in for the past 7 years, that might be why.

Absolutely, so untrue, you can do whatever you want if you have a relationship with a store. I traded 6 sealed games at GS yesterday, and about the same at GC today. I just tell them where they came from. They open them up right in front of me. No problems.

I have 4 of the games on this list: GTA IV, Saints Row 2, Sonic Colelction, and UFC. But I only have one I really want to part with with the Sonic Collection. Although I've already beat GTA IV and Saints Row 2 and am getting tired of UFC. Dunno what to do, maybe I'll figure something out. I dunno if I'll ever go through GTA IV or Saints Row 2 again.

[quote name='dino88']LOL...same here. This guy told me "Even if you go outside, open them and come back in, I still can't take them because I knew they were unopened." I wonder if he knows that all games were unopened at one point. Do they give GS employees a screening before hiring to make sure they have no common sense? The funniest thing about it is that they could sell the game for more if I didn't open it.[/QUOTE]

That's possibly the most retarded thing I've ever heard of. Wow. I didn't think Gamestop was that stupid. Sounds more like the employees are douchebags more than anything else. Unseal the games before you go in, problem solved in the future though.

I guess its kinda like people who enforce the "one coupon per visit" thing in restaurants or something, although I've never actually had anyone enforce it. WTF is the difference if you walk out and back in? Stupidity boggles the mind.

EDIT: Also, I wonder if you were like "okay I'll go home, play it, and come back tomorrow, the end"

Sounds like a good deal. And the initial reviews of FNR4 are promising. I called my nearby GameStop just to make sure they were aware of the deal. The guy on the phone said it didn't matter if I traded in 360 or PS3 games as long as they were on the list. I don't have a 360, so will have to see what I can find on clearance at WalMart and Target. I think the Target I live by has many more 360 clearance games.

Jason

I had the same problem as a few others. I bought three 12.48 games from a Target right next to the Gamestop and didn't unwrap them in case the deal didn't work and was told they cannot accept shrink wrapped games. Asked if I could just "open them". No dice.

So I went to another Gamestop traded them in (CSR didn't know about the 59.99 deal so he had to check) and it worked like a charm. Ended up getting me around 65$ so I had around .40 to put on my edge card. FNR4 for around 41 total. Great deal thanks alot OP.

And IGN just rated the game 8.8 so I guess I'll give it a shot.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']To who have done this: Do they still give you the 10% boost on the base TIV of the games you're trading in?[/QUOTE]

They didn't at my store because I still had to pay the $3 something in taxes.

Hmm... so if you can find 3 $10 games at Target to trade in, that's about $32 in cash.

Trade em in at GS, pay the extra ~3 in tax for FNR4... so basically FNR4 costs you $35.

Not bad.

Basically the same as the EA sims card dealio

For those who have none of the titles LOTR Conquest is $10 at Target and L4D and Raw are $13. So buy all 3 and you get Fight Night for around $35.

this deal really blows before gamestop asked for trade in 2 games plus pay another $20 for the fallout 3 deal back then

only way you profit is finding some games across target clearances but I live in a city with a lot of people and most of the stuff rarely make it to the 75% off mark off

[quote name='Hollywood']That's possibly the most retarded thing I've ever heard of. Wow. I didn't think Gamestop was that stupid. Sounds more like the employees are douchebags more than anything else. Unseal the games before you go in, problem solved in the future though.

I guess its kinda like people who enforce the "one coupon per visit" thing in restaurants or something, although I've never actually had anyone enforce it. WTF is the difference if you walk out and back in? Stupidity boggles the mind.

EDIT: Also, I wonder if you were like "okay I'll go home, play it, and come back tomorrow, the end"[/QUOTE]

Well, it makes no sense if you don't think like they (or their management) do. They assume anyone bringing in sealed games just stole them from the Walmart (or whatever) next door. Thus, letting you go outside and open them and then bring them in to trade still wouldn't make sense. Yeah, sure, if you opened them in the first place then they still wouldn't know if they were stolen or not so it still is rather ridiculous. But I guess the thinking is that someone who is stealing them would want to keep them sealed for maximum value until they were sure they could get something for them. But the same is true for legitimate flippers (ie, those who buy them at places like Target and trade them to GS). You may want to keep them sealed in case the value drops so you can then return them (legitimately, using a receipt) wherever you got them from. So I see the desire of CAGs to keep things sealed. But really, there's enough info on CAG about game trading, especially during deals like this, that you should be safe opening games the day you plan to trade them in. And like I said before, you really ought to consider keeping the nice new minty cases and giving GS your older ones anyway so I see no reason not to open them in advance.

[quote name='Hollywood']I have 4 of the games on this list: GTA IV, Saints Row 2, Sonic Colelction, and UFC. But I only have one I really want to part with with the Sonic Collection. Although I've already beat GTA IV and Saints Row 2 and am getting tired of UFC. Dunno what to do, maybe I'll figure something out. I dunno if I'll ever go through GTA IV or Saints Row 2 again.[/QUOTE]

CML for UFC, if you have the 360 version that is.

Why is Grid for 360 still on these trade in lists? It was released June of 2008 and is not rare by any means. It must be one of those games they can always sell when it gets traded in. I guess I just don't see it.

I'm loving this and going to head up tomorrow and do it. I'm very interested in FNR4.

I've got a copy of NHL 09 which I don't play anymore and will become obsolete come September 9th which is the day NHL 10 is supposed to be out.

Same with Fifa 09 which has a new version coming out almost exactly a month after NHL.

For my final title I guess I'll trade my Madden 09 CE which also never gets any play, and Madden 10 will be out in August! This one kind of hurts because I kinda like Head Coach and it isn't a yearly release. I haven't played it in forever though, and it can probably be had as the stand-alone version super cheap if I ever get the hankering to play it again down the line.

Just be sure you check the trade in values they give you. They also have a promotion for 20% extra trade value when you trade stuff in towards FNR4(or Madden or NCAA). For example, if I go by the trade values of my games according to the thread on this site it would be like 48.50..but NHL 09 hasn't been updated since April so that has likely gone down. This means both deals work out almost exactly the same for me...but for those of you with Edge card as well make sure you are getting the best deal, assuming you're not trading in some of the lover valued games on the list....many of which I'm very surprised to see on there too.

[quote name='budsticky']I'm loving this and going to head up tomorrow and do it. I'm very interested in FNR4.

I've got a copy of NHL 09 which I don't play anymore and will become obsolete come September 9th which is the day NHL 10 is supposed to be out.

Same with Fifa 09 which has a new version coming out almost exactly a month after NHL.

For my final title I guess I'll trade my Madden 09 CE which also never gets any play, and Madden 10 will be out in August! This one kind of hurts because I kinda like Head Coach and it isn't a yearly release. I haven't played it in forever though, and it can probably be had as the stand-alone version super cheap if I ever get the hankering to play it again down the line.

Just be sure you check the trade in values they give you. They also have a promotion for 20% extra trade value when you trade stuff in towards FNR4(or Madden or NCAA). For example, if I go by the trade values of my games according to the thread on this site it would be like 48.50..but NHL 09 hasn't been updated since April so that has likely gone down. This means both deals work out almost exactly the same for me...but for those of you with Edge card as well make sure you are getting the best deal, assuming you're not trading in some of the lover valued games on the list....many of which I'm very surprised to see on there too.[/QUOTE]

I traded in NHL and FIFA to Amazon for about $20 each. With the extra $50/$75 bonus, much better deal.

[quote name='rdogg1026']If you're serious, you got a deal.[/QUOTE]

Riddick alone I can sell for $32 on Amazon at the moment...If you give me about 2 days after Fight Night 4's release, I'll find it for $50-55. So yeah, I would take you up on that deal, and I'm not the only one who thinks this "deal" isn't worth mentioning.

Even if you can find 3 of these games on the list for $15, you're still wasting your time because you could have sold them for $25-30 each... But whatever, buy into their offer, glad it's not my money being wasted.

[quote name='confoosious']I traded in NHL and FIFA to Amazon for about $20 each. With the extra $50/$75 bonus, much better deal.[/QUOTE]

If you want a new system maybe....if not, not sure which deal is better.

[quote name='doubledown']So, what are the odds of returning this game to another GameStop since I Really don't want it, but it seems better than the 40% deal they have going on.[/QUOTE]

Ask for a gift receipt. They don't show the trade in transactions. Then return it to another store for credit.

Probably going to do this today with my PS3 versions of QoS, MX vs ATV, and either GTA IV (to get later on 360) or Madden CE (to later get 2010)

Wasn't even considering FNR4 before this thread, thanks OP & GS!

Took advantage of this deal yesterday by trading in RBSV2, Heavenly Sword, and Lord of the Rings: Conquest (thanks Target 9.98).

Of course the GS employee didn't know about the offer, and said "Wow, the total trade in before this offer would have been like $24 pre-Edge". I think it was around $10 for LOTR, 8 for Heavenly Sword and 6 for RBSV2.

only one i see myself getting rid of is 007 maybe disgaea. anyone know if i will be able to play halo 3 multiplayer with just odst? i can't even play online now because it says i'm missing maps which i will get for free with odst so i don't even plan on playing it until odst comes out if i can i might trade it in

[quote name='SlaughterX']Hmmm, I have been looking for a reason to get rid of my 360 Bioshock, but I can't think of 2 other games I would let go for $20 or less...[/QUOTE]

You can just give Bioshock to me of course :) Just name me a price.

[quote name='arsoisaen']can i trade in 2 xbox games and a ps3 game and get the ps3 version?[/QUOTE]

AFAIK you can trade in 3 xbox 360 games & get the PS3 version of FN4. I don't think GS locks you into the system your trade-ins happen to be for.

[quote name='Gertle627']Wow, wish I would've seen that before I traded away 9 games this weekend. Pretty good deal if you're still sitting on those $10 Best Buy games or stuff from Target Clearance.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!! I traded Quantum of solace (paid $10 BB)
Bioshock (bought on eBay $9 new!!)
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (Target clearance $7.48)

Finally a decent Gamestop deal!!

BTW Fight Night is INCREDIBLE!!

[quote name='linkmon']Exactly!! I traded Quantum of solace (paid $10 BB)
Bioshock (bought on eBay $9 new!!)
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (Target clearance $7.48)

Finally a decent Gamestop deal!!

BTW Fight Night is INCREDIBLE!![/QUOTE]

Since you live in Rockland County, where do you find the best clearance deals?

bread's done
Back