Trade In 3 Select Games, Get Fight Night Round 4 Free at GameStop

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
[IMG-L=5198]7741[/IMG-L]Trade in 3 select PS3 or Xbox 360 titles to GameStop and get Fight Night Round 4 free. Click the image on the left for eligible titles. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Offer ends 07/12/09.

icongs_r1.gif
Fight Night Round 4 Trade-in Promotion

page2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']I traded in NHL and FIFA to Amazon for about $20 each. With the extra $50/$75 bonus, much better deal.[/QUOTE]

Better deal for you maybe. I have no interest in getting any new systems. I looked into Amazon as well, but they don't even seem to be buying back the Madden CE. Besides that I've been reading some horror stories about trading in with Amazon.

Got rid of 3 games I was never playing again. Prince of Persia., Uncharted and NBA 09. I had my favorite employee there and he allowed me to "get" FN4 and then immediately return it. I turned about 30 dollars in trade in to 63.59. Such a great deal!

Any one know do the game all have to be on the same platform, or can u use 2 xbox and ps3 game? For example can i trade my HALO3,GTA4,and LittleBigPlanet, for FNR4 even thought there not all on the same console, PLZ HELP!!

[quote name='MrBlonde220']Any one know do the game all have to be on the same platform, or can u use 2 xbox and ps3 game? For example can i trade my HALO3,GTA4,and LittleBigPlanet, for FNR4 even thought there not all on the same console, PLZ HELP!![/QUOTE]

You can trade in any combination of 360 or PS3 games and get FNR4 for 360 or PS3 as long as they are on the list.

now the other question is, can you turn in multiple copies of the same game. I mean technically I don't see any reason why not, but because of the language in the ad, they can almost deny any returns for any reason, like them turning someone down who comes in with brand new sealed copies. This is a decent deal if you can get some cheap games at target and, in my opinion, exchange FNR2 for something else that will retain it's value for a much longer period of time, like for example inFamous for PS3 (sony 1st party titles tend to hold their MSRP's for MUCH longer than most other games). FNR2 will probably drop to 40 bucks within 4 months I bet. I do want to get it too eventually though.

[quote name='blah29']now the other question is, can you turn in multiple copies of the same game. [/QUOTE]
Three or four people on this very thread have already said "no."

[quote name='pob14']Three or four people on this very thread have already said "no."[/QUOTE]

oops.. must have missed that.. my bad.

[quote name='thehoweller']Riddick alone I can sell for $32 on Amazon at the moment...If you give me about 2 days after Fight Night 4's release, I'll find it for $50-55. So yeah, I would take you up on that deal, and I'm not the only one who thinks this "deal" isn't worth mentioning.

Even if you can find 3 of these games on the list for $15, you're still wasting your time because you could have sold them for $25-30 each... But whatever, buy into their offer, glad it's not my money being wasted.[/QUOTE]

If you found 3 games on the list for 12.48, which I did, at a Target right next door to Gamestop, which I did, then this is saving 20+ on a 59.99 game without having to try to sell anything on ebay or trade it on amazon. Instant gratification rules.

I came up empty.. wasted gas.. my Target only had PS3 wheelman for 14.98, and prince of persia xbox 360 also 14.98... I know they recently had TONS of that smackdown vs. raw though, and it was just a couple days ago. decent deal if you can snag it.. even if I found another game for 10, I didn't think it would be worth it, 'cause fnr2 will drop in price pretty quick imo.

[quote name='Number83']Ask for a gift receipt. They don't show the trade in transactions. Then return it to another store for credit.[/QUOTE]

Thank you....is there a certain amount of time to return it? If so, you can just return it for STORE CREDIT? That would be nice as I would prefer NHL 10 or something else.

[quote name='kidrocklive']yeah I'd personally much rather if they let you get NHL 10 instead.[/QUOTE]

well, what im goin to try to do is get fight night, return it for store credit and use it to purchase tekken 6 when it comes out. i wonder if itll work...

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']The OP's image states "Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold/Platinum."

The Gold is the updated version, but what's the Platinum?[/QUOTE]
I'm still wondering about this. I have the "regular" version.

I know there was some back & forth on whether Edge was stacking with this offer, but I can confirm it at least happened for me. The combined base value of my trade-ins was ~$40 but I still ended up getting $4.xx back after getting FNR4.

[quote name='blah29']I came up empty.. wasted gas.. my Target only had PS3 wheelman for 14.98, and prince of persia xbox 360 also 14.98... I know they recently had TONS of that smackdown vs. raw though, and it was just a couple days ago. decent deal if you can snag it.. even if I found another game for 10, I didn't think it would be worth it, FNR2 will drop in price pretty quick imo.[/QUOTE]

I think you mean FNR4. I do not get why people think it will drop in price. Fight Night Round 3 was one of those games where I just couldn't find a price lower than $15 on.

[quote name='pob14']Three or four people on this very thread have already said "no."[/QUOTE]

And three or four people are wrong.

I suspect it might be YMMV but I just traded in 2 copies of the same game and the guy had no problem with it.

You never know until you try.

Marvel Platinum = Platinum Hits

Went to Target and bought:

SvR 2009-$12.48
Wheelman-$14.98
Scene It BOS-$9.98

Traded them in to GS and looked like Scene-It wasn't part of the list. I bought the game anyway for $21.96 w/ tax. Not Bad.

Went back today, with 007 unsealed this time and still almost had a problem.

I walk in and set my three games on the counter and said "I want to do the Fight Night deal". Now I should mention that the games I set down on the counter were 2 PS3 games on top of a 360 game. So the girl replied "sorry, we only have the game for people who pre-ordered". I said " that's great" took my games back and headed for the door. She then says "wait, did you want it for the 360 or PS3?" I said "PS3" and she said "oh, we have plenty " so I turn around and see 20 FN4's sitting on the shelf. Then she says "the last guy wanted it for the 360 and that's why I said we didn't have any".

And then they charged me $3.60 to cover the sales tax which seems odd since I didn't buy anything so why would I have to pay a sales tax? How can they charge sales tax on a free item?

Got my copy...traded in Monsters v Aliens, NBA 09, & 007:QOS. It was strange because I wasn't charged tax (I don't have an edge card if that matters). My receipt shows my used trade total at $59.99 and the game sold to me for $59.99...no tax???

Now I just need to decide what game I want to exchange it for? Is anyone having problems exchanging for a different game w/a gift receipt?

Thanks to the OP and everyone else that helped out.

edit: LOL...I just read your post Evolved. Me and you were both confused about the same thing but for opposite reasons. You getting charged tax, me not. I just assumed I would since everyone else was listing a $64 credit.

I went in to my local gamestop with L4D, Quantum, and Fifa Soccer 09 and I told them I wanted the FNR4 deal. The guy at the counter told me that they did not have that promotion going on. I told him I saw the deal on their website and he didn't even try to help me out at all. I left the store angry at how unwilling to help the guy at the counter was. I called another gamestop that is 15 mins away and they told me that the promotion was indeed going on. I would have gone to that gamestop but by the time I would have gotten there they would have closed already. He also told me that the promotion ended today so basically now I can't get it.:bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='thizzordie']I went in to my local gamestop with L4D, Quantum, and Fifa Soccer 09 and I told them I wanted the FNR4 deal. The guy at the counter told me that they did not have that promotion going on. I told him I saw the deal on their website and he didn't even try to help me out at all. I left the store angry at how unwilling to help the guy at the counter was. I called another gamestop that is 15 mins away and they told me that the promotion was indeed going on. I would have gone to that gamestop but by the time I would have gotten there they would have closed already. He also told me that the promotion ended today so basically now I can't get it.:bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

ends july 12th i think.....

just go to a non-douchey gs tomorrow. you should be fine.

Went out and picked up 3 (360) games for $37 after tax, Monsters vs. Aliens and Fear2 for $12.48 and Banjo... for $9.98. So I'm getting Fight Night when it releases for 37 bucks. That's a great deal. Now I just hope all goes well at Gamestop tomorrow!

Hey, I don't need a Edge card to take advantage of this right? I hate those membership card things!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jdsonic14']just to be clear you have to pay tax. this deal is not completely free. its a amazing deal. but it aint free.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's why it's listed as "Get $59.99 off" instead of FREE.

Although it varies by state....

[quote name='confoosious']ends july 12th i think.....

just go to a non-douchey gs tomorrow. you should be fine.[/QUOTE]

Oh I didn't even read when it ended. I'll go back tomorrow with a printout of the add so that they can't refuse. Thanks man this just made my day

Traded:

:360: Rainbow Six Vegas 2 $9.75 base
:360: Monsters vs. Aliens $15 base
:360: WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 $16 base

The 10/20/40 deal would have ended up slightly better on the last 2, assuming I had 4 other games to trade in with them, but not a big difference. I paid $1.47 tax.

There are 2 reasons (3, if you count states without sales tax) why some people might have to pay tax while others do not. One is that some states do not tax the use of store credit, while others do. Since you are trading in 3 games for $59.99 credit (which must be used on FNR4), if your state does not tax the use of store credit, you don't pay tax. The other reason would be if 10% of your trade base value exceeds the amount of tax on a $59.99 game (assuming the use of Edge). Because my games' base credit total was $40.75, Edge kicked in $4.08 towards tax, so I only had to give $1.47 of the $5.55 tax being charged (9.25% sales tax rate, but no state income tax). I hope that clears it up a bit.

Traded in the 360 versions of R6: Vegas 2 and Pure, and the PS3 version of Far Cry 2, for which I paid around $10 or so each over the past year.

The guy at the store was aware of the promotion and processed it immediately and without question. I wasn't charged the 8.75% local sales tax, he just processed the trade-ins, handed me the game and receipt, and I was out the door. Good deal overall - first trade-in deal I've taken advantage of at Gamestop since I bought the original Xbox.

I just bought aliens vs monsters for $12.48, banjo & kazooie for $9.98, and Lord of the Rings Conquest for $9.98 at Target, then went straight to Gamestop, opened the brand new games and traded them in for FNR4 for just under $35. The kicker was when the lady at the Gamestop finalized my order, she told me I had a $5.35 credit...from me giving her my Edge card!!! I guess they credited me $60 for the 3 games, and then added an additional 10%!!! Very happy with this deal.

I believe I'm also gonna take advantage of this deal, I have Bioshock pending in, so I'm gonna trade that with 007 QoS, and Mirrors Edge for it, so in reality it turns out to be trading Godfather 2 and Silent Hill homecoming for a FNR4, not a bad deal in my book

[quote name='confoosious']Yes, that's why it's listed as "Get $59.99 off" instead of FREE.

Although it varies by state....[/QUOTE]

Yeah-- I live in Ohio but drive through Kentucky to get to work & back, so I've found that going to a KY Gamestop for a deal like this saves me on the sales tax, which I would have to pay here in Ohio.

As I mentioned before, I cleared about 4 bucks after this deal, thanks to Edge + no tax :)

[quote name='rdogg1026']I think you mean FNR4. I do not get why people think it will drop in price. Fight Night Round 3 was one of those games where I just couldn't find a price lower than $15 on.[/QUOTE]

ooops.. I meant Fight Night Round 4.. and I don't think it will drop to $15 anytime soon, but I see it being able to be gotten for 30 in a few months if you can't get in on this right now. I am dying to play the game, but no way am I paying full price for this one, or anything more than 40, when I have a big backlog of games for now. The game looks PHENOMENAL though.. although I am a big boxing fan, and if you are not I guess even more reason to wait it out and play older "cheaper" games for now.

I bought Resident Evil 5 months ago at $40, doing a Toys R Us gift card offer pricematch @ bestbuy going thru HELL in the process to get that price, although I did get it in the end after speaking to bestbuys customer service, and only just opened it LAST NIGHT.. of course, now the special edition is 45 bucks. lesson learned.

even with this deal, I wanted to get a gift receipt @ gamestop for doing a return for inFamous, which will have a much higher resale value since it is a well reviewed, 1st party sony title, which take much longer to have price drops.

Whew...all of my patience on Rockband 2 PS3 at my Target finally paid off! It was still marked $41.98 and on the end aisle cap but upon scanning it, it went to $14.98.

Rockband 2 - PS3 - $14.98
Wheelman - PS3 - $14.98
Loco Roco 2 - PSP - $4.98

I ended up trading Banjo ($10), which I just bought Tuesday and hadn't opened yet. Also traded in 007 QOS (BB $10 sale) and since I didn't want to trade in Pure (another BB $10 sale), I stopped into Target and picked up NFS: Undercover ($13). The girl behind the counter didn't know about the Trade In Offer but it was automatic when she scanned FN4.

Have many people tried/had much luck with doing the trade and getting/returning for store credit instead? I've seen a couple people mention it, but not enough to gauge the success rate :p

All 360:

Spiderman WOS = $8.00 bonus = $11.99 Edge = $.80
Lord of the Rings: Conquest = $10.50 bonus = $9.50 Edge = $1.05
Pure = $15.00 bonus = $5.00 Edge = $1.50

Used trade total = $63.34
Fight Night Round 4 -$59.99
Refund due = $3.35

I paid $32.50 for those games, played them, then traded them for brand new fight night 4, and got paid $3.35 to do it.

FNR4 is awesome in case anyone was wondering. Just done plan on winning any games online without resorting to spamming a million punches (which is what everyone I've played on XBL does).

Will probably take advantage of this over the weekend. Will probably trade NBA 09: The Inside (paid $5 @ BB), Folklore ($10 @ sears) and PES 09 ($10 at ymmv BB clearance). TIV is about $26 normal ($39 max with the current promo "trade 6 for xtra 40% + 10% edge) so an extra $21 on top of that is a nice trade boost. Not sure if I'll keep FNR4 or not, its getting good reviews, but I've heard it is difficult and frustrating at times. I wouldn't even think of playing it online either.

Any way you put it this is a great deal. I hope they do this for NCAA 10 in a couple weeks (which might happen since this promo ends right when NCAA 10 releases). I might have to hold onto some of the Target clearance games I picked up recently just in case they do run it.

I was able to pick it up with 3 target clearence games I picked up last night:

NFS:UC $15.00 Base
Monster Vs. Aliens $15.00 Base
Banjo & Kazooie $8.50 Base

I got a gift receipt and I might return Fight Night for either COD:MW2 or NHL 10 or I might just keep it.

I just want to tell you guys that there is a HUGE Bug in FNR4 right now. It freezes a lot is what numerous people are reporting in forums.

"Several users are reporting a freeze issue affecting the Xbox 360 version of Fight Night Round 4. Electronic Arts already announced it is aware of the issue, claiming it is only affecting a very small number of users.

A similar issue affected the demo of the game, but EA says that one seemed to be hardware related, with no game code being involved in the issue. According to EA, this freeze bug affecting the retail version seems to be an HDD related issue plus specific files contained within."

bread's done
Back