• Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. Someone talk me out of these:

Toy Story Woody Combiner

Toy Story Buzz Combiner

I can already see that Woody's probably going to be a fragile brick and Buzz has that boring shuttle.

But Toy Story! Combiners! Not as insane a price as they were!
Dont buy it from there. Buy it from Bluefin. They'll be doing a B1G1 deal on the Toy Story Combiners at some point for around $160 if you're willing to wait

And now, I can go back to never going in a Walgreens...
attachicon.gif
IMG_1335.JPG
Until the WFC:S Ratchet comes out...

Dont buy it from there. Buy it from Bluefin. They'll be doing a B1G1 deal on the Toy Story Combiners at some point for around $160 if you're willing to wait
Is this some kind of Bluefin Black Friday or Cyber Monday sale? I went to their store site and it still seems super barebones.

So all these years I've been away and this is the state of this thread? GUYS, COME ON! Seige is out! It's awesome! I dig Skytread even if he's not two bots and those mini assault teams are fantastic, triple changers even!

I haven't outfitted Cog to anyone yet (my better half snagged Hound and Sideswipe with him, but I agreed I'd let her get the other two for Xmas for me), but he's a lot of fun to mess with in alt mode to rearrange the gun layout. it's too bad his torso half cant do much and that the linking of the two halves is a weak slot system. 

What have you guys been digging so far if you've gotten any?

Is Prime and Megs out yet?

So all these years I've been away and this is the state of this thread? GUYS, COME ON! Seige is out! It's awesome! I dig Skytread even if he's not two bots and those mini assault teams are fantastic, triple changers even!

I haven't outfitted Cog to anyone yet (my better half snagged Hound and Sideswipe with him, but I agreed I'd let her get the other two for Xmas for me), but he's a lot of fun to mess with in alt mode to rearrange the gun layout. it's too bad his torso half cant do much and that the linking of the two halves is a weak slot system.

What have you guys been digging so far if you've gotten any?

Is Prime and Megs out yet?
I'm giving Siege a pass until the prices come down.

First "Studio Series" was slightly tweaked old molds at the $20 price point. Now *everything* is at that pricepoint. No thanks.

I just picked up a bunch of the older Studio Series (Jazz, Lockdown) for $12 and the shiny leader Grimlock for $24. I'm waiting for Siege to fall a little bit before jumping in.

It's a bummer because I had Skytread in my hands at Target and wanted to bite. But I'll wait.

I got the Studio Series Bumblebee (the VW Bug one) (on sale + giftcard) and I like that one.

I genuinely feel you’re going to get burned if you don’t act now. The models are pretty on point this time, have Cybertronian alt modes, and the Targets I’ve been in are largely wiped out. Sure, they may be restocked, but you’re going to be left with the Dreadwinds of the wave.
And really, with this being the holiday season, you can get them as gifts for yourself or have someone give them to you.

Ugh, so jealous of that HBTS "glitch".  I finally got everything Wave 1 ordered from Amazon, most out for delivery tomorrow.  I don't think they've actually reached mass distribution/assume won't see in stores until spring reset cuz most retail stores near me suck, so better to order at retail than risk scalper prices.

Now that BBTS charges sales tax (at least in Illinois) I have a harder time justifying their markups too.

I did get a few of the Action Master weapons and Micromasters (idk they're proper Siege class names) and they're cute.  I'd say better than the Prime Wars Trilogy stuff so far, but I haven't got any larger figures delivered yet.  Gimmick broke the last few years of figs (some decent figs ruined by shoehowrning the gimmick imho) so cautiously optimistic.

I always forget that this thread exists. Hasbrotoyshop had a big sale on the Siege guys a week or two ago. They had a 20% off sale in addition to pricing the Deluxe guys at $9.99. I purchased a majority of Wave 1. That being said, the Siege figures are incredible. Some thoughts here.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/war-for-cybertron-siege-appreciation-thread.1156282/page-110#post-16375506
Aw man!

See, this is why this thread is here. And the TFW page on FB didn't mention this sale.

I bit at the $20 per, but my better half is getting me two of them and we got a discount for buying $50 in toys at Target, so we saved at least something. :bouncy:

It was a glitch?! Arrrrrgh! I would love to get them with prices like that. Granted, I make enough now to buy them on impulse, but more than half off is just, well, CAG-eriffic.

I think only Vermont is tax-free anymore (I know I've seen a number of VG threads complaining about the online tax being imposed this year), and even then I don't know if they're immune to online.

Still, good to see you here Z! I'm back in Illinois again for the forseeable future. :D/

Ugh, so jealous of that HBTS "glitch". I finally got everything Wave 1 ordered from Amazon, most out for delivery tomorrow. I don't think they've actually reached mass distribution/assume won't see in stores until spring reset cuz most retail stores near me suck, so better to order at retail than risk scalper prices.

Now that BBTS charges sales tax (at least in Illinois) I have a harder time justifying their markups too.

I did get a few of the Action Master weapons and Micromasters (idk they're proper Siege class names) and they're cute. I'd say better than the Prime Wars Trilogy stuff so far, but I haven't got any larger figures delivered yet. Gimmick broke the last few years of figs (some decent figs ruined by shoehowrning the gimmick imho) so cautiously optimistic.

Aw man!

See, this is why this thread is here. And the TFW page on FB didn't mention this sale.
I just happened to notice a thread on TFW2005 mentioning it at lunch. So I just put the order in as soon as I could. $8 per Deluxe was too good of a deal to pass up. $25 Voyagers was good enough to get them early.

I'm not sure if it was actually a glitch. The HTS still lists the Deluxes as $9.99. They still haven't changed it to $19.99. the bigger problem is that they are just out of stock.

It was a glitch?! Arrrrrgh! I would love to get them with prices like that. Granted, I make enough now to buy them on impulse, but more than half off is just, well, CAG-eriffic.

I think only Vermont is tax-free anymore (I know I've seen a number of VG threads complaining about the online tax being imposed this year), and even then I don't know if they're immune to online.

Still, good to see you here Z! I'm back in Illinois again for the forseeable future. :D/
Welcome back! Though you gotta stop coming back in winter hahaha.

I just happened to notice a thread on TFW2005 mentioning it at lunch. So I just put the order in as soon as I could. $8 per Deluxe was too good of a deal to pass up. $25 Voyagers was good enough to get them early.

I'm not sure if it was actually a glitch. The HTS still lists the Deluxes as $9.99. They still haven't changed it to $19.99. the bigger problem is that they are just out of stock.
To be fair, I'm assuming it's a glitch as they're listed at half MSRP, but it is odd that they're still listed like that. Man, I miss deluxe's being 10 bucks. Sizes shrink, quality drops, prices rise. Trifecta of terrible.

I saw the Siege deluxes at Target yesterday, they rang up at 20 bucks.  The box packaging was I'm sure, at least partly to try to justify the higher price point.

Don’t think it was the packaging, the trend was for deluxe was always rising a buck or two every new line introduced. But there are always deals and sales to help offset some of the cost.
So far the only ones I’m interested are Starscream, Chromia for sure and maybe Ironhide

Welcome back! Though you gotta stop coming back in winter hahaha.

To be fair, I'm assuming it's a glitch as they're listed at half MSRP, but it is odd that they're still listed like that. Man, I miss deluxe's being 10 bucks. Sizes shrink, quality drops, prices rise. Trifecta of terrible.
Ten bucks? What is this, 1984? :D

I'm back especially because I have a desk job with a lot of sitting around now, so when I initally returned, it was to get video game deals for my new PS4--but I said, "hey, let's check in on the old thread!"

Man, did it get into a sorry state of shares and posts! :shock:

Don’t think it was the packaging, the trend was for deluxe was always rising a buck or two every new line introduced. But there are always deals and sales to help offset some of the cost.
So far the only ones I’m interested are Starscream, Chromia for sure and maybe Ironhide
I wasn't too interested in the line at first either. I only decided to jump in because I was able to get them for a ridiculous price. That being said, this new line can justify the price increase. The plastic feels better, the paint apps are better and the engineering is superb. Sideswipe is an incredible Transformer. I highly recommend buying him to get a preview of how good the Siege line actually is. Hound is also a great G1 homage with some slick transformations. Cog is outstanding and give you an incredible amount of options for weapons and gear to enhance other guys.

Has anyone found Optimus or Megs in their stores yet? I know they were both going for $30 apiece on Amazon.

What about Wave 2? Shockwave or Ultra Mags?

I hate being out in the sticks. I still haven't even found the G1 minifigs in either of my Wallyworlds.

Ive seen Optimus and Megatron at Target.

Some of the G1 Reprints are on clearance at Walmart. But theyll be hard to come by. I randomly found Hot Rot for $7

Ive seen Optimus and Megatron at Target.

Some of the G1 Reprints are on clearance at Walmart. But theyll be hard to come by. I randomly found Hot Rot for $7
Op and Megs were going for $30 on Amazon, but Op changed price while in my cart to $40. Jumped on Megs though.

Hot Rods and Screams are going on clearance all over. They clearly had too many, and probably should have put them online and in-stores at the same time initially.

I can probably still get my minis, I just have to head like five towns over to a Wally that has them.

Thank God for online retailers.  Got Voyagers from Amazon and the "Leaders" from Entertainment Earth for retail prices.  I haven't seen a single siege fig in store yet (granted don't look as often, but still).

I’ve seen leader deluxe and voyager all at targets but only deluxe at Walmart. Siege looks cool but I like the older CHUG figures I have more that what’s being shown so far. Only one I’m definitely getting is voyager Starscream, I might get deluxe ironhide and chromia, want to see them in person first though.

Honestly I'm VERY happy with Siege so far.  Last few lines felt very cheap, with significant re-use of transformation schemes even if the overall molds were very different in order to force in line-wide gimmicks.  I LOVE combiners, and will throw money at any getalt I come across, but they went overboard with making EVERYTHING in the line a combiner, then everything a headmaster, then... sort of both with PotP, and the figures suffered for it. 

I get it, kids like a strong play pattern, but you know what the play pattern was when we were kids (old man hat on)? Good guys versus bad guys, with robots that turned into other things.  And we LIKED it.  Sure there were TONS of gimmicks, but that actually diversified the line, and didn't bring the whole thing down (imagine an entire year run of nothing but jumpstarters... *shudder*).

Anyways I'm cautiously optimistic for Seige from whats been released so far (even if not happy with the price hikes, but it is what it is).  And worst case scenario I've gone relatively heavily into 3P figs so can always get my fix there if needs be...

Well, it's good to know that Hasbro's online shop is still garbage, despite the rebranding.  How do you sell out of your own exclusive, when the other retailer still has tons?

PSA for those who haven't been there since the switch: It's now Hasbro Pulse, and to induce people to buy something, they're offering Premium' status through 12/31 with any order between now and 2/23.  On 2/24, free shipping will only come with a $50 'Premium' status membership.  Good luck with that one.

They also have free shipping now until 2/23.  So if you order something now, you get free shipping now and for the rest of the year.

So I ordered something.  Usually, shipping was a big annoyance on HTS, so if there happen to be any other discounts or opportunities during the year, it will be worth it.

I just couldn't bite on the Ectotron. I'm not a fan of the look of him. He looks so... cheap in bot mode.

Plus I already have the Lego Ecto-1 with all four guys, so I've fulfilled my need for a model of the car.

That said, I'm looking forward to the comic. Though how does Scream's ghost exist in 1984? He didn't die until the 2000's.

I just couldn't bite on the Ectotron. I'm not a fan of the look of him. He looks so... cheap in bot mode.
Agreed on that. It reminds me of the less good Star Wars Transformers. Great vehicles, but you paid for it in the bot modes.

In this case, since "Ectotron" is not an established character with an iconic look, it's like they felt they didn't have to do a whole lot there and crapped out a very generic robot. I'm glad they did try for some of the Ghostbusters jumpsuit and did not try to make it look like one of the Ghostsbusters (again, see the less good SW Transformers), but it's still pretty meh as a bot.

If it comes back in stock at HTS Pulse, I'll probably cave, but it's not worth either $50 or dealing with GameStop to me.

Agreed on that. It reminds me of the less good Star Wars Transformers. Great vehicles, but you paid for it in the bot modes.

In this case, since "Ectotron" is not an established character with an iconic look, it's like they felt they didn't have to do a whole lot there and crapped out a very generic robot. I'm glad they did try for some of the Ghostbusters jumpsuit and did not try to make it look like one of the Ghostsbusters (again, see the less good SW Transformers), but it's still pretty meh as a bot.

If it comes back in stock at HTS Pulse, I'll probably cave, but it's not worth either $50 or dealing with GameStop to me.
I might cave too, if only to have it displayed with the comic series once it comes out. But yeah, props for the jumpsuit design and giving him his own personality (the NV goggles are a nice touch), but such a lazy effort on the Inferno/Hotspot repackage which wasn't much to speak of either.

Probably the same way he went back in time and showed up in Beast Wars.
What is this Beast Wars you speak of? I know not of this mythical silly creature series millennials like. :oldman: 8-[

So are we taking bets that the $159 Omega Supreme will be found in dollar clearance stores a year from now like Trypticon was for $70?

Wave 2 of WFC: Siege are hitting Meijer shelves over this past weekend!

I managed to pick up Chromia, Prowl and Sixgun, who is absolutely as awesome as you think he is. Great poseability, tons of options, sharp detail and that Warpath Red plastic.

Chromia has the best of the ladyformer's compactness for their otherwise ungainly windshield--folds up to half the length and locks in using the front wheel panels to form a solid backpack for a change.

Prowl feels almost anorexic in spots, particularly his thighs compared to his calves. There's a bracing panel that swings out for his heel, but i leave it tucked in because I swear it looks like he's wearing a clog or some gaudy thick-heeled designer shoe.

His alt mode is slick though, and I love the look through his rear windows of all the interior.

Wave 2 of WFC: Siege are hitting Meijer shelves over this past weekend!

I managed to pick up Chromia, Prowl and Sixgun, who is absolutely as awesome as you think he is. Great poseability, tons of options, sharp detail and that Warpath Red plastic.

Chromia has the best of the ladyformer's compactness for their otherwise ungainly windshield--folds up to half the length and locks in using the front wheel panels to form a solid backpack for a change.

Prowl feels almost anorexic in spots, particularly his thighs compared to his calves. There's a bracing panel that swings out for his heel, but i leave it tucked in because I swear it looks like he's wearing a clog or some gaudy thick-heeled designer shoe.

His alt mode is slick though, and I love the look through his rear windows of all the interior.
I read this literally minutes after getting home from Meijer without checking the TF section... fuuuu lol

Found Siege Chromia at Walmart, left behind Prowl, looking for Ironhide still
Sounds like Ironhide is the shortpack or the most desired. Good to know Wallyworld has them too--I'll check one on the way home tonight. Though neither of mine ended up having the classic minifigs. EVER.

Did any show up your way Z?

Sounds like Ironhide is the shortpack or the most desired. Good to know Wallyworld has them too--I'll check one on the way home tonight. Though neither of mine ended up having the classic minifigs. EVER.

Did any show up your way Z?
Nope never saw any either. I've all but given up getting TF's from retail. Been lucky to get most stuff from Amazon over the past year or so.

bread's done
Back