Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
So Am I keeping this ancient thread alive all myself? :-({|=

But seriously, I've got my Target app set to alerts when the Cracker/Warp Earthrise 2 pack comes in, and they notify me at like 3 am via email.  SO I started sending them through my phone. And they sell out by the time I notice it. 

My most recent time I was ON my phone and the alert came in.

I put it in my cart, fumbled about shipping to store/home, and in the five seconds it took, it was out of my cart, sold out.

Has ANYONE been able to lock this pair down to own? I saw Entertainment Earth was selling it for almost double, $109!

But seriously, I've got my Target app set to alerts when the Cracker/Warp Earthrise 2 pack comes in, and they notify me at like 3 am via email. SO I started sending them through my phone. And they sell out by the time I notice it.

I put it in my cart, fumbled about shipping to store/home, and in the five seconds it took, it was out of my cart, sold out.

Has ANYONE been able to lock this pair down to own? I saw Entertainment Earth was selling it for almost double, $109!
Actually saw them in store. My local store set up an interior end cap with Transformers stuff. Might want to check yours out.

See the Top Gun Maverick Transformer? Looks cool, but I'm not crazy about the pricing and exclusivity.

But seriously, I've got my Target app set to alerts when the Cracker/Warp Earthrise 2 pack comes in, and they notify me at like 3 am via email. SO I started sending them through my phone. And they sell out by the time I notice it.

I picked one up locally when it popped up in stock. The cases come in 3, so when it shows up, you can take a ride to the store. You may have to ask nicely for an employee to get it form the back if you don't see it on the shelf. Just give them the DCPI number.

https://popfindr.com/inventory/target/087-16-2193

The notification is actually about 5 minutes later than when it becomes available on the website. So by the time you click on the link, it's probably gone.

I am jealous. I just started collecting again last month and nowhere has Omega Supreme left :( I'm considering Scorponok but I'd rather have Omega Supreme.
Yeah, I think they adjusted production on Omega based on Tripticon being price slashed everywhere last year. I got him from Best Buy with a 25% off toy coupon...the only time I've used one of their generally useless coupons.

Also seeing in the Walmart clearance thread that the G1 reissue of Astrotrain is clearanced at some stores to $25.

I picked up Snapdragon and Starscream earlier this week.  I have yet to open Snapdragon.

I was really pleasantly surprised by Starscream.  Both modes are fantastic, transformation is intuitive but with some surprising bits, and it really looks great in either form.  The only thing missing is landing gear and being able to open the cockpit, but that's really minor.  This is a G1 size Starscream that looks like it fell out of the show.

I thought I was done with buying the different seeker decos -- I only got one of the mold in Siege -- but I went ahead and tracked down the Target two pack.

I have a LOT of preorders right now, I've actually lost track. Elita-1, Bumblebee, Soundwave, the Ironhide 2 pack, something on Pulse... uh.. probably more?

I picked up Scorponok, Target had ONE when I was there to look at $8 Spinmaster Batman figures... imagine how that went...

No Skylynx near me thankfully, so it won't taunt me.

Got 2 G1 Astrotrain for 9 each, figure I can trade the second one.

Hasbro's doing another production run, Pulse and 3rd party retailers have preorders up.
In Fact, Pulse sent an email today with Omega, Ecto-1 and a few others back in stock!

I managed to score the seeker twins last week.

The notification is actually about 5 minutes later than when it becomes available on the website. So by the time you click on the link, it's probably gone.
It definitely wasn't gone when I had it in my cart that first time. It was ready to go, and all I had to do was pick a shipping. I got flustered, clicked the wrong one, backed out and by then it was out of my cart, greyed and OOS.

This time I nailed it, and now I have the trio for the first time EVER in my life. It's also my first Skywarp of any series.

THEY LOOK SO GOOD. Also arguably the best F-15 replicas they've ever done that manages to hide everything believably! The canopy swivel-and-tuck is brilliant, second only to the under-and-over of the original G1 transformation method!

I'm passing on Snapdragon. I really find his original to be weird in all forms from G1--probably the worst Transformer I owned.

The new one doesn't look any better, IMO. His alt ship always felt like a Captain Power Powerjet! :rofl:

[attachment=34496:captain power.jpg]

Hasbro's doing another production run, Pulse and 3rd party retailers have preorders up.
Speaking of Siege, I'm kinda back into TF after watching the chap 1 of War for Cybertron on Netflix. What's the official figures for Prime and Megatron? Like for Prime, I see one called WfC Siege Voyager (which I think is the smaller, less complex figure class) and one called WfC Earthrise- have no idea what any of that means. And I'm not seeing Megatron at all.

I already go PO's for Omega Supreme and Jetfire. Funny, I've wanted those from G1 and never bought any interations of them before because I always missed them.

Speaking of Siege, I'm kinda back into TF after watching the chap 1 of War for Cybertron on Netflix. What's the official figures for Prime and Megatron? Like for Prime, I see one called WfC Siege Voyager (which I think is the smaller, less complex figure class) and one called WfC Earthrise- have no idea what any of that means. And I'm not seeing Megatron at all.
The War For Cybertron series consists of three different chapters. The first chapter is Siege, the second is Earthrise and the last chapter is Kingdom. The Siege chapter has a few different Megatron. IMO, the Netflix version is the best version and has the best paint apps.

Siege Original:

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Generations-War-Cybertron-Megatron/dp/B07D5SDPLZ

Animation Colors:

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Generations-Anniversary-Animation-Megatron/dp/B07YFYKCZH

Netflix Version (Walmart):

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers-War-for-Cybertron-Series-Inspired-Megatron-Battle-3-Pack/185227821

The Earthrise chapter is the current toy lineup. Megatron is slightly different than the Siege version. Different spear weapon and a slightly different look.

Earthrise Original:

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Toys-Generations-War-Cybertron/dp/B07ZQXS254

Earthrise G2:

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-selects-voyager-wfc-gs14-megatron-g2

Likewise, Optimus has a Siege version, Siege Animation version and a new Earthrise version (with trailer)

Ah... is see.  

Did War of Cyberton exist in some form before the Netflix series (feel like that was the name of a TF comic series in the 2000s or something)? Kinda bummed out that I already missed Siege Megs... thought it was relatively new. 

EDIT* That G2 scheme Megs one is dope though. 

There was the Fall of Cybertron and War For Cybertron videogames. I'm not familiar with the comics.

You can still get Siege toys at stores. I know that my Walmarts and Targets still have them. Earthrise just hit the shelves a few months ago, so the older line is still around. Walmart also has special "Netflix" paint apps and those were released more recently. There's also going to be a second "Netflix" wave at Walmart with more characters.

Worst case scenario, you can still get them on eBay for close to retail value. I just looked at a few Netflix Megatron sold listings and they sold for $40. That's MSRP and the seller is losing money due to shipping and fees.

There was the Fall of Cybertron and War For Cybertron videogames. I'm not familiar with the comics.

You can still get Siege toys at stores. I know that my Walmarts and Targets still have them. Earthrise just hit the shelves a few months ago, so the older line is still around. Walmart also has special "Netflix" paint apps and those were released more recently. There's also going to be a second "Netflix" wave at Walmart with more characters.

Worst case scenario, you can still get them on eBay for close to retail value. I just looked at a few Netflix Megatron sold listings and they sold for $40. That's MSRP and the seller is losing money due to shipping and fees.
Thanks for the tip... I can't remember the last time I went near the toy section anywhere.

Any chance they will re-release a Masterpiece Megatron? I missed out on it earlier and all that seems to be left is the Toy Deco one.
They'll probably re-release it again, but it may be a few years. I know that I missed out on the original Sideswipe and they eventually released a new "animation" color one a few years ago.

This time I nailed it, and now I have the trio for the first time EVER in my life. It's also my first Skywarp of any series.
THEY LOOK SO GOOD. Also arguably the best F-15 replicas they've ever done that manages to hide everything believably! The canopy swivel-and-tuck is brilliant, second only to the under-and-over of the original G1 transformation method!
Totally agree with this. Looks great in both modes, and no annoying compromises.

I'm passing on Snapdragon. I really find his original to be weird in all forms from G1--probably the worst Transformer I owned.
The new one doesn't look any better, IMO. His alt ship always felt like a Captain Power Powerjet! :rofl:
Worse than Throttlebots, Duocons, Monsterbots, <insert ugly,bricky disappointment here>? Worse than Fuzors?

Snapdragon (G1) had a chunky 'jet', a strangely proportioned robot, and a totally unconvincing T-Rex, but it was one of the few Transformers you could make, uhm, fully functional by flipping down the dragon neck in robot mode. Replacing Kronk with some other head as the robot head and putting him, er, downstairs is both nightmare fuel and immensely entertaining.

Sadly, you can't do that with the new one.

The new one is more than decent. Better 'jet', much more poseable and proportional robot and (still) a totally unconvining T-Rex. The way they accomplish some of the tricks are clever, and the way the canopy for the headmaster is formed by both legs is something new. It does so much more than the original figure. The one thing that is different in a not good way is this one feels so much smaller. But it's consistent with the rest of the modern headmasters.

I'm on the fence with Sky Lynx. I held one in my hands last week. But $80 is a lot. It's a great representation of the character, but it's one of the weirder ones. Shuttle to weird bird thing and brick to lynx. I'm pretty sure the original one wasn't $80 and it was motorized.

Any other time, I'd wait for a sale. But we're in a weird time, and supply and availability are unpredictable.

Saw a Sky Lynx the other day when hunting for Baroness and the box felt so... light for $80. And small...

Anyways, no Transformer hauls recently, but I found the 6" Baroness finally! So happy to finally have her... and found the MotU Origins too, so I'm done hunting for now, all of the Transformers I want I have preorders on, til the SDCC stuff drops on Pulse and I cry as I miss the Quintesson pit when bots wipe it out in under a minute.

I'm done hunting for now, all of the Transformers I want I have preorders on, til the SDCC stuff drops on Pulse and I cry as I miss the Quintesson pit when bots wipe it out in under a minute.
I think Hasbro Pulse puts a limit on orders, so there should be a reasonable window to buy the pack.

I think Hasbro Pulse puts a limit on orders, so there should be a reasonable window to buy the pack.
Every time in the past I've tried to get SDCC stuff it has been such an epic clusterfuck that I'm not holding my breath... but I'm still gonna try for Quintesson + Cobra Commander

Every time in the past I've tried to get SDCC stuff it has been such an epic clusterfuck that I'm not holding my breath... but I'm still gonna try for Quintesson + Cobra Commander
I was able to buy them today (Hasbro Premium). Very easy and smooth process.

Target is having an in-store promotion: for certain brands, including Transformers, it's Buy One Get One 50% off.  It was yesterday (the 6th) and today (the 7th).

This stacks with the 25% off one toy coupon.

I used this to pick up Masterpiece Movie Ironhide and Sky Lynx.  It takes the 25% off Ironhide, drops Sky Lynx to $40, and then redistributes the costs to both (in case you return them).  On the receipt, it lists Ironhide as 71.99 and Sky Lynx as $63.99.  Additional 5% off if you have a Red Card.

Anyone find their Alicon guards at Aldi this week?

It's a really bad idea for me to go into stores (immunosuppressed) and my order is currently being filled, hopefully my shopper finds the two I ordered. I also figured to pick up some hard cider and wine while I was at it to make up for all those extra charges Instacart pulls. Free delivery my Aunt Fanny. Service tax, alcohol fee, and then tipping. Ugh. Whatever. I'll still be COVID-free once i wipe it all down.

EDIT: Well, that sucked. Instacart tells me "Dave has checked out"! No info that he couldn't find anything I ordered... and then 10 minutes later they send a message that the figures have been removed (he didn't find them) and that's that.

Well, I just spent $6 in fees for $22 in spinach, white wine and hard cider.

Fail Instacart, fail.

My Aldi had them in the seasonal aisle with a few other toys.  Might be worth it to walk in real quick.

I found Allicon at Wal-Mart, though it was not one of my local ones. This one had plenty of that wave: Smokescreen, Arcee, and Airwave. Passed on Airwave, as I will on the rest of those. The first one was enough.

My local Wal-marts never have anything. I don't understand how they can supposedly be the #1 toy retailer if they never have product in stock. It's not like they are selling out -- there's just never any product there.

I haven't found a Quintesson in the wild at all, but found them on Bestbuy.com.

Toy coupon isn't working with them though.

Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Voyager WFC-E22 Quintesson Judge E7165 - Best Buy
Psh! I'll pay $30 for a Quintesson to have my two Alicons stand astride of it. (My mom, bless her heart checked out my other local Aldi and found them--one i paid for, the other she'll give me as a gift for Xmas; she's been pretty awesome since my childhood about finding and spotting TF's for me--she got me the entire Predacon G1 team one year, no dupes or left out figs! That was my best TF Xmas ever).

Thanks for the link! I didn't think I'd ever get one (though I think I had an opportunity earlier in the year before COVID hit). I'm going to pick mine up locally in a few weeks when it arrives.

Downside today, Amazon cancelled a lot of Medic 2 Pack WFC orders, including mine, despite promises and verification for the past few months. Another utter fail on Hasbro's part and theirs. I mean, you KNOW how many are coming in, how hard is it for your algorithms to see how many people ordered vs your inventory?

I got my judge from the Quintesson Pit set, and I found 2 regular Allicons to go with him in the wild :D WM hasn't had the second wave of their exclusives here.. well, not the Voyagers anyways, found Elita-1 in store, haven't found Bumblebee yet, and no clue when or IF my Walmart order of him + Soundwave will ship. My BttF and Medic 2-pack arrived yesterday.

I got my judge from the Quintesson Pit set, and I found 2 regular Allicons to go with him in the wild :D WM hasn't had the second wave of their exclusives here.. well, not the Voyagers anyways, found Elita-1 in store, haven't found Bumblebee yet, and no clue when or IF my Walmart order of him + Soundwave will ship. My BttF and Medic 2-pack arrived yesterday.
How the hell are medic packs showing up?! They cancelled so many of them the day of last week!

Where does one get the Quintesson pit set anyways? I didn't even know it existed til a few months ago.

I just can't go into stores, way too risky for me. I did pick up Decepticon Mirage and something else (I forget what) on WM's site for $19 apiece, which is great because places like Toywiz are asking $30 for him. I KNEW he wasn't a traitor--he was exactly what I expected--an infiltrator!

eBay, it was a pulse exclusive sold out almost instantly.
Huh. Must've missed that email.... or I didn't think highly at the time. (of course now that I have two Alicons and a Quintesson next week, I think differently.)

Of course now they're just setting up a perfect recreation of the scenes with Hot Rod and Kup '86 studio series coming out.

Blaster reissue is down to around $20 at Walmart.

My store is supposed to have a couple, but I can't find them. :bomb:

Gigawatt pre-order on sale at Gamestop for $24 as a daily deal. 

Transformers Collaborative: Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt Back to the Future 35 Edition Figure | GameStop

Edit: Well the page shows $24 but the discount doesn't show in the cart...still $30? :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb:

Maybe it was working as shipping was $6 but was showing as FREE.  Either way I just got two for $50.  I'll sell the extra as it seems like they are going for $50+ on Ebay.

There are some more Transformers on sale too...a few of the upcoming Earthrise figures, Animated Movie updates, etc.

Blaster reissue is down to around $20 at Walmart.

My store is supposed to have a couple, but I can't find them. :bomb:
I found three at my otherwise barren store. When I went to a second Wal-Mart later in the week, they had none.

I still have my original G1 Blaster, but I took it apart as a kid and the eject mechanism never worked the same. Now I have a working version!

Found 4 new retro remakes at Walmart.  Only one of each, which leads me to believe that is the case count.  I remember Mindswipe and Chromedome but forget the other two.

bread's done
Back