10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope never saw any either. I've all but given up getting TF's from retail. Been lucky to get most stuff from Amazon over the past year or so.
Admittedly, I have too. Amazon, Hasbro Pulse for the Mirage wave (3?), BBTS for ones I might have overlooked in the past.

However, I'm a little bothered by my Ironhide--he was loose in the box, but looked fine, no package manipulation (the tape was perfect on all sides, nothing removed). Opened him up, realized when I transformed him into his alt mode a hidden leg panel was missing, as were the instructions!

Has anyone dealt with Hasbro customer service on such issues, and do they exchange them?

Also, I feel kinda bad sending the fella back--I mean, he's going to get junked and I don't like that idea (yes, I'm conscious about the environment) all over a panel and instructions. But I'm a completist too. So I'm torn on it.

Man that sucks.  Where'd you get it?  I've never tried contacting Hasbro themselves, but I've gotten damaged figures (luck of the draw I guess) from Amazon twice.  Once they had a replacement in stock they shipped me, the other time the fig was out of stock so they refunded me (and the 50.00 Age of Extinction Dragonstorm at that!), but both times they didn't bother having me ship the figure back.  Could just be chance though.

Has anyone dealt with Hasbro customer service on such issues, and do they exchange them?

Also, I feel kinda bad sending the fella back--I mean, he's going to get junked and I don't like that idea (yes, I'm conscious about the environment) all over a panel and instructions. But I'm a completist too. So I'm torn on it.
I've never contacted Hasbro directly about issues, but from what I've seen on TFW2005, they suggest you return it to the retailer.

I did have an issue with Lionizer missing his effects piece in one of my Hasbrotoyshop orders. I emailed the and they sent a replacement figure out in a few days.

I've never contacted Hasbro directly about issues, but from what I've seen on TFW2005, they suggest you return it to the retailer.

I did have an issue with Lionizer missing his effects piece in one of my Hasbrotoyshop orders. I emailed the and they sent a replacement figure out in a few days.
Turns out Hasbro's Consumer Care department is awesome! I at first called Pulse and they directed me to another number (1-800-327-8264) and explained my situation with ol' War Vet Red--told them I bought it three weeks ago, provided the info on the box, and although I may have a 1-in-4 chance (she did specifically request Ironhide, but said the factory isn't the best at reading in wave box specifics), I'll be getting a replacement in about 7-10 days!

Also, did anyone catch that Lego has a small 3-in-1 set that looks like Springer in style and color? I bought it a few weeks ago, modified it with the available pieces and got pretty close to his heli mode. I'll have to provide pictures later if anyone wants to see.

Post pics of the Lego too, always appreciate cool custom additions/tweaks to official sets.
[attachment=32239:IMG_6464.jpg]

[attachment=32238:IMG_6463.jpg]

Apologies, but for some reason both CAG and the internet keep wanting to turn the personal photos upside down. Just turn your screen over.

5xjxco.jpg

Hello all – I recently cleaned out my storage shed and came across my unopened collection (most MINT, a couple that are not are noted below) that I just don’t have room for and don’t *spark* joy.

I’ve been a member of these boards for years along with Rebelscum, bluray.com, CheapAssGamer, with positive feedback. Also my eBay screenname is JobsEye, where you can see I hold 100% positive feedback.

Payment will be accepted via Paypal, friends and family. Items will be shipped USPS priority mail. Please note I am only shipping to the US at the moment. Shipping is included in the price of the larger items – Masterpiece, Devastator – but please add $5 shipping for deluxe items unless you are buying multiple. Reasonable offers are accepted especially the more you buy.

Rather than post the ton of pics here please shoot me a pm and I can either text or email you pics of what you are interested in.

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for looking!

Power of the Primes
Jazz (deluxe) - $15
Wreck-gar (deluxe) - $20
Rodimus Prime (leader) - $50

Combiner Wars
Devastator - $240 (box dinged)
Ultra Magnus (leader) - $60

Generations
Junkheap (deluxe) - $20

Animated
Rodimus Minor (deluxe) - $30

The Last Knight
Cogman (deluxe) (Premier) - $25
Hot Rod (deluxe) (Walmart exclusive) - $20

Universe
Blaster (SDCC exclusive) - $100 (outer box dinged)

Masterpiece
Optimus Prime (MP-10) - $250
Starscream (MP-07) (TRU exclusive) - $200
Grimlock (MP-03) (TRU exclusive) - $125 (box dinged)

I'm with you Z.  It looks fantastic. However, I have to know if those fingers are independently moving. I am NOT going to drop 2/3 of a paycheck and find out he's got a kung-fu grip with four fingers stuck together.

I'd also be eating a lot of hot dogs and spaghetti for a month.

EDIT: The video does have a brief shot of both the fingers and knuckles moving independently. Hopefully that stays through the final product.

In lighter news, I'm glad to see that Shockwave and Ultra Mags show up in Targets. I missed an opportunity on Free Comic Book Day to get ol' Cyclops for 25% off at my comic shop (they do that storewide every year)--they had him at the front door and we were ushered in through the side door; ultimately I didn't see him until on my way out, and wasn't going to go back in line for another 20 minutes just to save $10.

Going to tell you guys right now, I bought the Sail Barge, you won't be disappointed! Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of money but you'll regret missing out once it comes out.

Saw this at comic con, I’m sure pictures were posted elsewhere but this thing is huuuuge.
Oooo, awesome you got to see it in person. The pics I saw made it look... unstable. I assume due to being a resin proto, but it gives me pause.

I saw on TFW2005 they were going to do a live video transformation and canceled it (I assume due to concerns of the robustness of the proto), but I'm also concerned it'll be huge but super simple shellformer... Anything you see indicate otherwise?

Amazon’s getting a lot of the redecos and some exclusives, including a real Apeface who still looks like one of the most ungainly triple changers—nay, Tf’s of all time, but it’s the redeco for Slamdance partnered with G2 stealth Sideswipe that gets me excited (search for WFC S26–ipads dont’t like CAG’S flash-based controls im afraid). My favorite duocon (duoBot?) of all time. Why I didn’t see this redeco coming six months ago was beyond me.
[attachment=32511:29CD9904-8D91-43EE-BC40-72A08E47283E.jpeg]
The WFC S27 set with Skywarp and three Targetmasters seems a cheap cop-out for the same price of the Autobot set for the same $50. Targetmasters are at least a few bucks cheaper.
[attachment=32513:164C0C88-C7E2-498D-96DA-541331912514.jpeg]
Who was Spinister though? And where is that second windshield calf coming from?
[attachment=32512:C1001C77-A97B-4F30-AD5D-0B97F87E1F09.jpeg]

Who was Spinister though? And where is that second windshield calf coming from?
attachicon.gif
C1001C77-A97B-4F30-AD5D-0B97F87E1F09.jpeg
G1 Targetmaster. But more importantly to the bold: YES! It's been hurting my brain since I saw the first pics. I assume just tucks up under copter mode and was done to look like the G1 toy (which was basically just the cockpit with a "line" down the middle to simulate 2 legs, the brick that it was...)

G1 Targetmaster. But more importantly to the bold: YES! It's been hurting my brain since I saw the first pics. I assume just tucks up under copter mode and was done to look like the G1 toy (which was basically just the cockpit with a "line" down the middle to simulate 2 legs, the brick that it was...)
It's been hurting mine too! It has to be under the back or something close by-- the feet are positioned on both sides of the main cockpit (which makes me wonder if you can choose one or the other to be said cockpit in alt mode).

Also, OMG, what a travesty of a G1 figure! everyone at least had separate thighs--his whole lower half is just... solid. Poor fella.

Well, Walmart website says my store has 5 G1 Soundwave's in... here's to hoping.
Which SW is this? It's impossible to find on their website (there's like 20 different models, which is weird they have amazon-like sellers on it--super confusing).

Also, how much do they go for?

Oooo, awesome you got to see it in person. The pics I saw made it look... unstable. I assume due to being a resin proto, but it gives me pause.

I saw on TFW2005 they were going to do a live video transformation and canceled it (I assume due to concerns of the robustness of the proto), but I'm also concerned it'll be huge but super simple shellformer... Anything you see indicate otherwise?
From what I saw it didn't look like it had too much articulation of any kind, It's more of a wait and see as of right now. I think it's too soon to really grasp what it may become, it certainly does look a lot better than the one they had several years back but $600 good I really don't know yet.

The G1 reissue of Optimus Prime is down to $25 at most Walmarts...which is about what it should have been to begin with.
Hell, I remember buying him for around $25 WITH trailer back in 1984. It was the most expensive TF I'd ever bought myself at that time.

Honestly glad Grand Max is sold out... solves the temptation hehe.

And WTF @ that Optimus Prime reissue not having the trailer.  Like, seriously, DOWN to $25.00 for just Prime/cab?  fuuuuuck that

So I didn't know about the Walmart tape sets, had to go back for those. Same person pulled a set for me, so I'm done with the reissues now, got what I wanted. :D 

[attachment=32576:image1.jpeg]

Gang, it has been a very good weekend.

Now I just gotta find one more Reflector and the dream becomes a reality.

Scratch that: late delivery from Amazon today:

[attachment=32584:NOt upside down.jpg]

'Cracker is in awe of her.

It was the Henkel release, had to import from Japan, probably from BBTS or TFSource
Oh yeah and he was Ultra class, which was slightly bigger than Voyager class

I was surprised they had made an Ultra of him at the time. Why they went with WHITE, I'll never know.

That said, it was nice to have a giant Warthog--such a badass plane!

Incidentally, the 2020 initial wave was announced.

In for Cliffjumper G1 cartoon accuracy, wouldn't mind Grapple either. But ANOTHER SS, OP... There are so many characters left untouched! How about a Tracks? (Though the Masterpiece was gorgeous), maybe an official FrankenSpike? Insecticons? Roadbuster or Whirl? I'd like to see yet another Arcee, and even another Kup, though the last one was pretty damned awesome.

Not sure about Ironworks. I mean, in the words of Tom Hanks...

PoshJitteryKitfox-max-1mb.gif

Incidentally, the 2020 initial wave was announced.

Not sure about Ironworks.
Oh, that was a late G1 thing. When they were clearly running out of ideas and had Micromasters (to compete with Micro Machines), they also had Micromaster bases. This was one of them.

The G1 bases turned into something else, not robots. Only the Micromaster would transform into a robot. Usually the things the bases turned into were pretty lame -- "battle stations" or rocket launchers or an expanding vomit of plastic that was less interesting than the thing it was previously. It is a bit clever that they'll now turn into actual robots.

Here 's the G1 version. I got a lot of them (unfortunately), but this one looked so lame I skipped it:

300px-G1-toy_ConstructionStation.jpg

Yeah, what *is* that, anyway? Apparently the Siege version can do something similar, but no windmill.

If all the Siege versions combine into something interesting, I might bite. But I bet they'll just be recolors of each other that you can stick next to each other and call a modular base or something. The 'Weaponizers' in Siege we've seen so far had promise, but were really just kind of there, without a plan. If these are the same, I won't be getting them.

The Chaos Bringer is coming. Unicron crossed the crowdfunding goal.
So did anyone go for it?

I'll admit that I had to think about it after it had gotten the green light. In the end, though, there were three big things that made me not get it. $574, no room for it if I did get it, and I really hate orange.

Well, that and, at the end of the day, while Unicron is a great *character*, I don't think it's necessarily a great Transformer. It's a robot that turns into a sphere. That's something, but not really why I got into Transformers in the first place. $600 for that is a big ask.

I'm sure I'll regret it but I ended up passing on Unicron too.  I just can't justify that much on a single figure.  And like Blandstalker said it just turns into a sphere.  A cool detailed sphere, but just crunches up into a ball.  Boring transformation, I want my puzzle boxes, and 600 bucks for a relatively basic shellformer is just begging for buyer's remorse.

I'm sure I'll regret it but I ended up passing on Unicron too. I just can't justify that much on a single figure. And like Blandstalker said it just turns into a sphere. A cool detailed sphere, but just crunches up into a ball. Boring transformation, I want my puzzle boxes, and 600 bucks for a relatively basic shellformer is just begging for buyer's remorse.
I look at 'Cron as basically a giant prop to put the TF's around. More impressive in robot mode obviously, but I just don't have the space (or money for that matter) for such a beast.

Plus that thing is like half a monthly house payment, and there's no justifying that to my better half to have.

Look, the thing was getting made when it crossed 5K. They would have just played it off that "after consideration" they decided to go into production anyways.

That was just their ideal goal, to get to 8K, if in fact there really is 8000 people who coughed up north of $4.5 mil (which I don't believe for a second).

There are a lot of fans out there, but given all the bitching I saw about Jetfire being $80, there is NO way that many people had that kind of scratch laying around to blow.

Oh, that was a late G1 thing. When they were clearly running out of ideas and had Micromasters (to compete with Micro Machines), they also had Micromaster bases. This was one of them.

The G1 bases turned into something else, not robots. Only the Micromaster would transform into a robot. Usually the things the bases turned into were pretty lame -- "battle stations" or rocket launchers or an expanding vomit of plastic that was less interesting than the thing it was previously. It is a bit clever that they'll now turn into actual robots.

Here 's the G1 version. I got a lot of them (unfortunately), but this one looked so lame I skipped it:

300px-G1-toy_ConstructionStation.jpg

Yeah, what *is* that, anyway? Apparently the Siege version can do something similar, but no windmill.

If all the Siege versions combine into something interesting, I might bite. But I bet they'll just be recolors of each other that you can stick next to each other and call a modular base or something. The 'Weaponizers' in Siege we've seen so far had promise, but were really just kind of there, without a plan. If these are the same, I won't be getting them.
I remember these! Thanks for that. I never got any myself. I thought they were pretty silly too.

I do know that the new line has "shields" that are essentially minibots that turn into ramps to connect together, so they'll do that with Ironworks.

But still... it's a building. Yes, Trypticon and Metroplex and Fort Max are too, but they had mobile alt modes too. :whee:

So I'm the only one that legit wanted the Empire State Building TF from Big?  I legit asked my parents for it for Christmas one year... (and I adore me some odd ball TFs like the ones that are gadgets, watches, ipads, etc).

I'm a weirdo though hehe.

Big came out in 1988, so I probably didn't see it until it hit VHS the following year, and by then I was supposed to be grown out of wanting toys.  I think my last G1 TF was the Powermaster Joyride, which was part of the 88 line.  My younger brother got an extra year or two out of it, but was mostly Micromasters with the occasional larger figure.  But he had also primarily moved on to TMNT, and we both had an NES to get games for.

Didn't really follow the Micromasters, much less the bases.  I was interested in the rocket base when I picked up Galaxy Shuttle in the late 90s while at college.  Never enough to get one, though.  Based on pictures floating around the Internet at the time, I actually though he came with the base.

I did go in on Unicron.

Who remembers saving their paper route money to buy all 6 of the constructions to form Devastator?

Good times.

BestBuy has Omega Supreme in stock for $159.99.  My BestBuy members have a 25% off toys coupon which brings the total down to $119.99.  I'm pretty sure My BestBuy is free to join.

I haven't got a single Transformer from the Siege line but I want an Omega Supreme.

They also have Jetfire in stock also.

Edit: Just found this LED mod for Omega on Ebay...I know what I'm doing Xmas break!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shockwave-Lab-SL-63-LED-upgrade-kits-for-Siege-Omega-Supreme-In-stock/372846097996?hash=item56cf5bf64c:g:zSkAAOSwg9Rd0qAd

I was thinking they'd introduce the people associated with Lockdown but sadly no. Transformers 5 here we come, but this time without Michael Bay.

He's figured out the formula to getting lots of people to the theaters, and I think it's 3D robots destroying stuff and boobs bouncing in slo-mo.

I understand that Hasbro wants to sell toys, so by and large the bots are different from movie to movie, but I wish they'd keep more of them :.

Did anyone get anything good from others for Xmas?

My better half finally came through and got me the ultimate:

Omega Supreme.

My first time ever having him in all 35 years they've existed. Also my first Autobot Titan.

(I scored Trypticon for $60 on Amazon--who knew they considered discount dollar stores competitors?)

I think it may also be the only second time we've been together she actually got me a TF (despite them being on my Amazon list every year! XD)

:robot:

bread's done
Back