10% off disc10
Latest Transformers news:

• Dark of the Moon toyline to be released at retail on May 15, 2011
  • Transformers Prime toyline to be released at retail in October 2011
Latest Transformers figures available at retail now:

• Generations Warpath, Kup, and Scourge
  • Dark of the Moon Preview Pack Cyberverse Optimus Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zmonkay']This vid is amazing: Hacked Guitar Hero playing the theme from Transformers The Movie (80's animated one, not the new one)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEGh8zDKCMc

How do you imbed vids? I thought there were options to do so, but when I choose go advanced, there's nothing. What am I missing?[/quote]
You can insert the link inbetween: [media ][ /media] (excluding spaces) or click on
media.gif
and insert link.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I love Predaking...wish they would make a new verision of him as I never got the original.

(PIC OF PREDAKING BEATING THE HELL OUT OF DEFENSOR AND HYPERION)
[/quote]

Ahhh...one of my favorites as well. I bought all 5 parts to him individually...I wish I had gotten one of those limited all-in-one packs that I think Toys R Us had exclusively and kept it sealed.

I think most of mine are with the diecast pieces, too (have to check). The biggest and most bad ass of the combiners hands down. It would have been SOOO awesome if they had reissued the Dinobots with combining ability to match up with him.

I still have mine stored away, complete (all swords, guns, everything) and combined. The only problem is some of the gold stickers on the wings are coming off slightly, but that can be fixed.

I have a lot of the big uns...the Predacons, Combaticons, Stunticons, Scorponok, Metroplex, Tripticon...not to mention guys like Shockwave, Optimus, Megatron and most of the medium and smaller ones. Gotta dig 'em out and put 'em on display.

They reissued the Predaking a while back, so you can still get it in mint/complete condition for around $150...

Yes, i would love to see the retooled Dinobots with combining feature! That would be the ultimate trophy... I'm very impressed with the Alternator line, it would be an answer to my prayer if they release Menasor from the Alternator line... Customizers, take that challenge! Mod your Alternators and show us a pic of Alternator Menasor!!! As to the new new Alternators, like Rumble, it's a turn off really. I don't mean the Rumble robot looks bad, just that, Rumble is a tape, not a car... For that reason, i never really like Grimlock the Mustang, man, he's a Dinobot! Now, if they can make Alternator Dinobots (prehaps under a different name or maybe under Master Piece), that would be truly awesome as well.

[quote name='kojubat']My local Kmart had a number of the 'kiddie' movie toys on the shelves - Prime and Starscream blasters, Cyber Stompin' Bumblebee and Prime, and Prime voice changer.

They also had Softimus Prime and Slumblebee. Not sure if these are supposed to be movie tie-in, since they have more of a Classics theme to the packaging. Never saw them before, though.

All at the silly overpriced Kmart prices, of course.[/QUOTE]

How much was that softimus prime at the store? Its sweet.

[quote name='ryosnk']How much was that softimus prime at the store? Its sweet.[/QUOTE]
I want to say $9.99, but it might have been $10.99.

[quote name='BigHow']Softimus Prime may be the greatest thing ever.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm still scratching my head how a pillow transforms...the feet /legs look like they have to be rotated 180 degrees to align properly. Guess I have to order one.

[quote name='karkyco']Yeah, I'm still scratching my head how a pillow transforms...the feet /legs look like they have to be rotated 180 degrees to align properly. Guess I have to order one.[/QUOTE]

It looks to me like it just inverts on itself. Essentially, it's reversible, and if you push in the middle and invert it, it's the semi cab. I think.

Nice. Thanx for the code. Picked up Voyager class Soundwave. So what's up with the War within Fallen titanium, is it limited or just highly desired and that's why it keeps going out of stock?

Yea def want softimus prime. It hasn't been released yet and can't be ordered with the 25% of code it seems.

[quote name='Zmonkay']So, anyone gonna try and actually GET all that?[/quote]
I'm definatly getting the pillow case, PJs, towel... oh, and of course the toys:D

I'm guessing highly desired.

I passed on the 2nd mini-series where he debuted.

He looked like Prime, so that might be it.

Also, has anyone's movie figures shipped?

I'm holding off on buying them until I can find that out. My Fallen figure has shipped..

Just curious if Hasbro is skipping the June 2nd date or not.

[quote name='trajin']does anybody know how much is this worth? cause i hope i got a good deal on ithttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&Item=160117068798[/QUOTE]

Seems to be a good deal man. I don't know the current value, but I seem to remember them being about 50 dollarsish when they came out, and I'm sure they are worth more now. Be warned: He's EXTREMELY tiny. You wouldn't think it by the pics, but check this out:

normal_foto7~0.jpg

That's 20th anniversary prime's cab next to him...

[quote name='Zmonkay']It looks to me like it just inverts on itself. Essentially, it's reversible, and if you push in the middle and invert it, it's the semi cab. I think.[/QUOTE]
That's exactly how it works. There is a velcro strip on the back/bottom used to hold the kibble of the opposite form inside.

Also, no worries about packaging. They are loose with just a hang tag.

[quote name='trajin']wow how tall is it? and the one on the left which optimus is that?[/QUOTE]

The one on the left is 20th Anniversary Prime
TFPrime20.jpg

I just measured my 20th, and the cab is about 4 inches. Judging by that, I'd say the THS-02 is probably about 3.5 to 4 inches tall in bot mode. I don't have one to measure though. I really wanted one, but couldn't justify 50+ bucks on something so tiny (and yet, I payed 30 for a Japanese magazine that came with a WST Prime and Megs, which are maybe an inch tall, go figure)

6acf_1.JPG

Scored some decent deals for some TF Classics ay my Fry's

TF Classic Mirage = $3.16 (old price said $11.99)
TF Classic Megatron (nerf gun) - $7.95 (original sticker $24.99)
TF Classic Optimus Prime - $7.95 (original $24.99)

It took me longer to transform them using the instructions than it did me figuring out the first time.

[quote name='dack']Out of curiosity, who here opens their transformers, and who keeps them sealed?[/QUOTE]

I keep some sealed, mainly if they are repaints I think are cool (though I now have a no repaint rule, as I find myself low on funds)

The whole reason I buy them though is to figure out the transformations, so I definitely open them.

check it out...christmas came early to me this yr..hehe :):)

[quote name='dack']Out of curiosity, who here opens their transformers, and who keeps them sealed?[/quote]

i try to buy at least a 2nd one so i can open it

[quote name='177adjen17']check it out...christmas came early to me this yr..hehe

i try to buy at least a 2nd one so i can open it[/QUOTE]

Holy hell, that's beautiful. Where the heck did it all come from? (Looks over at own Ironhide and Real Gears, and feels inadequate)

[quote name='177adjen17']check it out...christmas came early to me this yr..hehe :):)[/quote]
Awesome!

What are these?

I looked in the huge product list and thought these might be
the "action figures", but still wasn't sure what that meant.
Do they transform?

[quote name='blandstalker']Awesome!

What are these?

I looked in the huge product list and thought these might be
the "action figures", but still wasn't sure what that meant.
Do they transform?[/QUOTE]

Those are from the legends series, and yes, they transform. They are very small, but I liked the ones from Cybertron.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=496&ST=PRDS&ID=19706&PG=6
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=496&ST=PRDS&ID=19707&PG=6
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=496&ST=PRDS&ID=19703&PG=6
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=496&ST=PRDS&ID=19705&PG=6
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=496&ST=PRDS&ID=19730&PG=6
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=496&ST=PRDS&ID=19709&PG=6

I'm pretty sure the "action figures" listing refers to figures like this:
40597465039d45603d.jpg

[quote name='Zmonkay']Those are from the legends series, and yes, they transform. They are very small, but I liked the ones from Cybertron.[/quote]

Oh, yeah I know those. I couldn't tell the scale from the pictures. Pretty amazing detail for the size.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Holy hell, that's beautiful. Where the heck did it all come from? (Looks over at own Ironhide and Real Gears, and feels inadequate)[/quote]

local collectible swapmeet here ...they don't mind breaking street date for them, so i went ahead and helped myself on the 1st wave loot ;)

here's more ( got this a wk ago)
don't know if this helps w/ the size comparison but i did compare them to the LOcybertron

I don't mean to be obniouxous, but why would the dinobots be the best? Robots make to look like prehistoric animals, only smaller than the originals? I'll stick with Bruticus! ;)

[quote name='merkman']I don't mean to be obniouxous, but why would the dinobots be the best? Robots make to look like prehistoric animals, only smaller than the originals? I'll stick with Bruticus! ;)[/quote]

:lol: you got a valid point there :lol:

It's the toys that make the Dinobots "cooler" than the rest of the TF robots... At the times, most robots look pretty crappy in the robot mode, but not the dinobots! Over 20 years, Dinobots never got a good retool/remake. The Beast War era doesn't count, since the dinos are real dino, not robotic dino (they are okay in terms of transformation and presentation). The Energon dual combiner (Swoop and Grimlock) was the closest attempt to remake the Dinobot line, but it's not even close... They are great, but still have a way to go to be categorized as the orginal Dinobots.

Of course, cartoon-wise, the dinobot sizes are inconsistent (or incorrect). But then again, so does Soundwave and the tapes (even Megatron)... Anyhow, it would be cool if somebody make a gigantic Dinobot line! Yes, more like the MP Dinobot line, but bigger? The dino mode should be something like the Zoids...

For those wondering about your Ages 3 and Up order of MP-05 Megatron...Just got mine today! The thing is freaking amazing. I love it. Gun mode is a little bigger than I had expected (bigger than an actual pistol), but other than that, I have little to no complaints. Very nice figure indeed.

[quote name='Serpentor']:lol: you got a valid point there :lol:

It's the toys that make the Dinobots "cooler" than the rest of the TF robots... At the times, most robots look pretty crappy in the robot mode, but not the dinobots! Over 20 years, Dinobots never got a good retool/remake. The Beast War era doesn't count, since the dinos are real dino, not robotic dino (they are okay in terms of transformation and presentation). The Energon dual combiner (Swoop and Grimlock) was the closest attempt to remake the Dinobot line, but it's not even close... They are great, but still have a way to go to be categorized as the orginal Dinobots.
[/quote]

Also, Energon Grimlock/Swoop was too...plastic. The original Dinobots had a great aesthetic, with metallic accents and machine/organic parts. It was just the right mix of everything. Not as flashy or wild as Transmetals, not as chunky or toy-like as some of their other experiments.

What would be really great would be a real 5-in-one Dinobot combiner, using their current design philosophy (realistic vehicle modes, highly-articulated robot modes).

[quote name='Zmonkay']For those wondering about your Ages 3 and Up order of MP-05 Megatron...Just got mine today! The thing is freaking amazing. I love it. Gun mode is a little bigger than I had expected (bigger than an actual pistol), but other than that, I have little to no complaints. Very nice figure indeed.[/quote]

Yeap, totally agree, just wish there are more metal parts.... I haven't transform it yet, so no comments on the gun mode, but i'm not all that interested in the gun mode. I know it's gonna be bigger than the actual pistol. It would be cool if they release the add-ons, like the gun stock... If you look at the scope/sight, there are two folding out pegs, which can be "used" in the cannon mode, so who knows...

[quote name='blandstalker']Also, Energon Grimlock/Swoop was too...plastic. The original Dinobots had a great aesthetic, with metallic accents and machine/organic parts. It was just the right mix of everything. Not as flashy or wild as Transmetals, not as chunky or toy-like as some of their other experiments.

What would be really great would be a real 5-in-one Dinobot combiner, using their current design philosophy (realistic vehicle modes, highly-articulated robot modes).[/quote]

Yeah, that will be the ultimate trophy... five-in-one Dinobot combiner! At one point, i was tempted to buy the knock-offs (not TF, but simplistic dinosaur robots, not sure they combine, but very good material for customizers). I think the combining feature might not happen, but a reissue of Dinobots is inevitable (i think each dinobot will be around $50, expensive, but not bad for brand new condition). As to the MP Dinobots, we can all hope... Now, can they change the Alternator line to something other than cars??? I love the Alternator line, but all those repaints are making me dizzy... Please make an Alternator Menasor :) Imagine Alternator planes, jets.... ah, Alternator Superion, Bruticus...

[quote name='Serpentor']Yeap, totally agree, just wish there are more metal parts.... I haven't transform it yet, so no comments on the gun mode, but i'm not all that interested in the gun mode. I know it's gonna be bigger than the actual pistol. It would be cool if they release the add-ons, like the gun stock... If you look at the scope/sight, there are two folding out pegs, which can be "used" in the cannon mode, so who knows...[/QUOTE]

Ask and you shall recieve:
A company is making custom attachments.
1179582995_Untitled-1.jpg

[quote name='Zmonkay']Ask and you shall recieve:
A company is making custom attachments.
http://www.seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1179582995_Untitled-1.jpg[/quote]

Nice ZMonkay :), very nice... personally, i think the scope thingy is a bit too heavy for the figure (in the long run, it will drag down the joins). The other way to display this Megatron is the cannon mode. Cool... can't wait :bouncy: Of course, i hope they don't charge an arm or leg for this.

[quote name='Serpentor']Nice ZMonkay :), very nice... personally, i think the scope thingy is a bit too heavy for the figure (in the long run, it will drag down the joins). The other way to display this Megatron is the cannon mode. Cool... can't wait :bouncy: Of course, i hope they don't charge an arm or leg for this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed that too. I like the look of it, but it's just a little too big and heavy for display, so the only time it'll be attached is as a gun. Otherwise, I'm just gonna have him holding his pistol (the one he killed Prime with!!!) and have Kremzeek balanced in his hand.

Also, those figures LinkinPrime posted: They have Revoltech joints, so should be highly, highly posable, as anyone with Revoltech Prime or Megs can attest too.

Transformers Optimus Prime Zip Zap
pRS1C-3740954w345.jpg

Robots in disguise.
Race up and down the street! The leader of the AUTOBOTS™, Optimus Prime™, is ready for the challenge. ZipZaps micro RCs are made to fit in your pocket so you can race where you want. Customize it, trim it, tune it and make a statement with available accessories. The ultimate radio control experience!

• ZipZaps micro RC fits on top of the charger, so you're ready to race anytime, anywhere
  • Working headlights and quick-charges in about a minute
  • Comes fully assembled; requires 4 "AAA" batteries

Only @ Radioshack http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...ransformers&kw=transformers&parentPage=search

Anyone have shots of Blackout in Robot mode ? The prototype photos of that figure in robot mode look awesome. So if anyone has one please post a link.
Thanks

bread's done
Back