Transformers: War For Cybertron - 10x XP Weekend Going on Now-Through 11/28!

The game definitely borrows from other games (Halo, Gears) and has some strange physics at times ( I tried to jump over one of my teammates and just floated for like 10 seconds). Finished chapter 1. Some of dialogue (especially the repeated "are you sure, Megatron?" type stuff gets a little old.

Not really a spoiler for chapter 1, but to be on the safe side (referring to a character that makes an appearance)

Not sure what is canon, but I wish they would have called him Skyfire

[quote name='paddlefoot']The game definitely borrows from other games (Halo, Gears) and has some strange physics at times ( I tried to jump over one of my teammates and just floated for like 10 seconds). Finished chapter 1. Some of dialogue (especially the repeated "are you sure, Megatron?" type stuff gets a little old.

Not really a spoiler for chapter 1, but to be on the safe side (referring to a character that makes an appearance)

Not sure what is canon, but I wish they would have called him Skyfire
[/QUOTE]

Jetfire is canon... he was only Skyfire in the cartoon due to legal reasons, iirc. He has been Jetfire in everything else he has been in, in the US.

Has anyone else seen the credits?? I won't spoil it for you, but talk about fan-service. I'm sad I don't have the cash for this right now

If anyone wants to get both co-op campaign achievements in a real short time, this is what I ended up doing -

Host a co-op campaign with competitive scoring. Chose Chapter 1, Checkpoint 10 (the last checkpoint in Dark Energon, it's very short). Set the difficulty to easy. Start the chapter before anyone else joins.

It takes about 10 minutes to blow through it, and even if nobody else joins, at the end of the level you'll get the achievement for both finishing a level in co-op, and finishing a level in competitive co-op. Nobody joined the entire time I was playing and I still got the achievement.

Works for me, since I just wanted the shortest way to get these since I have zero interest in doing the campaign co-op over Live.

[quote name='Thomas96']I feel like this game really messed up one part of the story in chapter one..

they really just trampled over the first meeting between starscream and megatron.... it's like "oh you defeated my guards.... okay I'll be a decepticon now" They could have written that scene so much better.. that was supposed to be one of the most significant moments in transformer history and this game just treats it like nothing. there was more interaction between megatron and the drone autobots that you fight along the way in getting to starscream.
[/QUOTE]

It worked for me. Starscream has always been an opportunist, he'll do everything he can to survive while plotting behind your back to take you out.

[quote name='animalspinners']Jetfire is canon... he was only Skyfire in the cartoon due to legal reasons, iirc. He has been Jetfire in everything else he has been in, in the US.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Jetfire introduced himself by the name of Jetfire in chapter 1 when you're going up the elevator.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Just completed chapter 1. Gotta say that I'm loving everything about this game, though there are times where your character seems too slow, but since you're a giant ass robot, I guess I'm cool with it. I'm playing on hard and I didn't have a problem with the ammo, never ran out. Just make your shots count and don't shoot everywhere. [/QUOTE]

Maybe you let the other two robots score more kills for you... Ammo is definitely way scarce in this game. The flying levels are nice since the jets have unlimited ammo.

I preordered my game from Amazon and still have not received the Demolisher dlc code. Has anyone gotten it yet?

[quote name='animalspinners']I assume it is, because most characters have 2 chassis's, there are a handful that only have 1. I know you can unlock the Arcee / Slipstream chassis's once you beat the campaigns. I'm pretty sure I've seen a Shockwave chassis now that I think about it (but it looked like he just turned into a seeker, which was a huge disappointment), but it's hard to tell with everything going on and I haven't seen the other two.[/QUOTE]

Shockwave and Jazz are both usable in multiplayer - each chassis is available in Create Custom Character once you have one or the other. (or both)

Change Color 1 and Color 2 to purple/dark purple and there you go... I used my custom Shockwave all night last night.

The only problem are those with a Jazz chassis - I'm not sure if there is a true white color under customization.

[quote name='eastx']Maybe you let the other two robots score more kills for you... Ammo is definitely way scarce in this game. The flying levels are nice since the jets have unlimited ammo.[/QUOTE]

Nah...they stink, although whenever turrets popped out I did take cover and let them take them out. I found lots of ammo boxes and/or new weapons slightly hidden throughout Chapter one, never ran out of ammo from both guns. I also use grenades to take out multiple foes at once when they are bunched up, did this with the mortars as well.

[quote name='Lordd_G']I preordered my game from Amazon and still have not received the Demolisher dlc code. Has anyone gotten it yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope : (

I rented this yesterday and I have only played a bit of the campaign and multiplayer. I absolutely love this game thus far though, High Moon really did the robots in disguise right with this game.

Sadly the world will see another crap Bayformers film and game before we can get more Transformers games and maybe one day a good movie based around these G1 style bots.

Damn I really want to give this game a try but if my Shockwave code does not come in it will be going back. I will just pick it up at best buy or hold off till it is half the price.

[quote name='BingoBrown']USPS tracking number says it was delivered to my house this afternoon. Can't wait to get home and rip into it![/QUOTE]

What shipping method did you choose? Mine was Value/First Class. Hoping it comes tomorrow but I hope it's at least here Friday since I'm going to be away most of next week.

I still haven't opened any of my copies yet! BUH!

I ended up with two Shockwave codes but no Jazz still

So if anyone picks it up from Best Buy and would rather have Shockwave, you know who to PM haha.

I am glad everyone is enjoying the game though!

[quote name='Morphx2']My party had 6 people, and we couldnt join any modes except Deathmatch because it wont let us :\[/QUOTE]

The game is only 5 v 5 for all the other modes as they are team modes, this is why.

Other than look and what they transform into is their a difference from Jazz, Shockwave and Demolishor? I'm really wondering if they are just a skin or a new character.

[quote name='icedrake523']What shipping method did you choose? Mine was Value/First Class. Hoping it comes tomorrow but I hope it's at least here Friday since I'm going to be away most of next week.[/QUOTE]

I used Gamestop's value shipping. It's generally super quick for me. Always here no later than 2 days after release. In this case, it was here only one day after release.

I admit to not liking the 1st chapter all that much

Maybe it was the snide comments towards Megatron, not used to running out of ammo too quickly, not sure.

But I freaking loved the 2nd chapter!!!!!

Going through the bowels of ancient Cybertron, Starscreams overconfidence, Skywarp and Thundercracker questioning Starscream's motives and leadership.

This game is basically Gears of Transformers, down to the T. Only the multi is better, and has 3p co-op.

I give this game an A+

[quote name='nnthomas']This game is basically Gears of Transformers, down to the T.[/QUOTE]

Except without the cover system, which is one of the standout features of the Gears of War franchise...

There are some GoW influences, but there are also clear influences from Call of Duty and Halo as well. Overall, High Moon did a great job "borrowing" the ideas of other developers to make the game.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Except without the cover system, which is one of the standout features of the Gears of War franchise...

There are some GoW influences, but there are also clear influences from Call of Duty and Halo as well. Overall, High Moon did a great job "borrowing" the ideas of other developers to make the game.[/QUOTE]

I like that: Gears of Transformers. I'm glad that they had sense enough to follow game formats that actually work. I enjoyed the MP as well. Although, I think that the Melee attack should be less effective when you're in vehicle mode. Meaning that it should take at least 2 hits to kill someone if you attack them when they are in vehicle mode.

No joke on the GoW similarities, there were times where I wanted to take cover behind stuff...that would have been a well needed addition to this game.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']No joke on the GoW similarities, there were times where I wanted to take cover behind stuff...that would have been a well needed addition to this game.[/QUOTE]

I've kinda wondered whether I think a cover system would've been right for this game. I love cover systems, I think they're a great game mechanic. But, I just don't know that a cover mechanic fits the Transformers vibe. I mean, these are giant robots beating the crap out of one another, they shouldn't be worried about hiding behind a wall.

Played an hour or so of the demo last night. So much fun. Picked up a copy at best buy today, and just sold the Jazz code for $34 buy it now. Can't wait to play more tonight.

[quote name='Morphx2']who the f* would buy the jazz code for $34[/QUOTE]

Thorgouge sold his for $50+ Tuesday.

I ended up with all 3 codes, so I have all of the characters. I may end up with an extra Jazz code as well. I don't know what I would do with the extra one though. Keep it to trade for another random preorder dlc later or sell it cheap to a worthy CAG?

Anyone wants to play anytime add Thorgouge! I'm trying to get some co-op going I'm on level 6 (second Autobot level) and could use some people to get these co-op achievements.

Also, I think I'll put my feelings about this game in this post too. I did a few hours of multiplayer and I'm over halfway into the campaign on hard and I have to ask, does it really deserve this much praise? Sure, the game is fun. Sure, transforming and blowing shit up with Peter Cullen's voice in the background is cool. But is the game really special? I don't think so. The campaign is super short, lacking in story and gameplay. Its super easy even on hard, not that difficulty makes a game good but its worth noting. The multiplayer is a bit odd. It seems to me that certain classes are way better than others. While it is somewhat difficult to get a lot of kill running around with any weapon or class you want, I can boringly run around with the scrapmaker and rack up kill after kill. The online is somewhat fun but I've seen countless games do it better, including the games they've tried to emulate. I can go on if anyone contests my opinion but this should suffice for now.

In all, this game is fun and probably will stay fun for a very short while. What I do think is that reviewers and us gamers are giving WFC such praise is because we want it to be that good. We Transformers fans have been dying to get a great Transformers game since the dawn of time, and so many of us are forcing ourselves to believe that this game is amazing. When I finish a play session of this game I am left wanting more. WFC could be so, so much better in every aspect and the best I can hope for is that it is a commercial success so we get to see a sequel that does things right. But for now, I think it is fair to say that this game deserves an 8/10 and nothing higher.

Anyway, someone invite me for some damn co-op.

I must disagree about the campaign's length, story, its difficulty (on the highest level), and its gameplay. Basically I don't know how you could think any of that. Oh well.

[quote name='Thorgouge']Anyone wants to play anytime add Thorgouge! I'm trying to get some co-op going I'm on level 6 (second Autobot level) and could use some people to get these co-op achievements.

Also, I think I'll put my feelings about this game in this post too. I did a few hours of multiplayer and I'm over halfway into the campaign on hard and I have to ask, does it really deserve this much praise? Sure, the game is fun. Sure, transforming and blowing shit up with Peter Cullen's voice in the background is cool. But is the game really special? I don't think so. The campaign is super short, lacking in story and gameplay. Its super easy even on hard, not that difficulty makes a game good but its worth noting. The multiplayer is a bit odd. It seems to me that certain classes are way better than others. While it is somewhat difficult to get a lot of kill running around with any weapon or class you want, I can boringly run around with the scrapmaker and rack up kill after kill. The online is somewhat fun but I've seen countless games do it better, including the games they've tried to emulate. I can go on if anyone contests my opinion but this should suffice for now.

In all, this game is fun and probably will stay fun for a very short while. What I do think is that reviewers and us gamers are giving WFC such praise is because we want it to be that good. We Transformers fans have been dying to get a great Transformers game since the dawn of time, and so many of us are forcing ourselves to believe that this game is amazing. When I finish a play session of this game I am left wanting more. WFC could be so, so much better in every aspect and the best I can hope for is that it is a commercial success so we get to see a sequel that does things right. But for now, I think it is fair to say that this game deserves an 8/10 and nothing higher.

Anyway, someone invite me for some damn co-op.[/QUOTE]

I think the game is special... because for once in the history of the franchise the game turned out good!
Just because you can think of ways to make a game better (as in this case I'm sure we ALL have great ideas) doesn't mean that the game you're improving wasn't great in its own right.

Flippr and Thorgouge I added you guys to my Friends List, let's get some multi going around midnight EST. If anyone else is down feel free to add me and I'll try to get a party together.

[quote name='Thorgouge']Anyone wants to play anytime add Thorgouge! I'm trying to get some co-op going I'm on level 6 (second Autobot level) and could use some people to get these co-op achievements.

Anyway, someone invite me for some damn co-op.[/QUOTE]

You can get the co-op achievements all by yourself, if you're interested in that. I posted how a few pages back, and it's been confirmed by many over at xbox360achievements.org since I also put it there, as well. Takes about 5 minutes.

But yea, even on hard difficulty this game is kind of easy, but then again I don't really struggle with any mainstream game in terms of difficulty.. but that's just me. I could see how others might struggle with it, though.

I'm not sure I agree with much else, other than that I wish the MP was more Transformers centric and not just random CoD modes with TF's in them.

The story mode is great during the Autobots campaign... I wish they didn't make the Decepticons campaign take place so early so we could have had some great boss battles, like the Autobot side does. The much vaunted "first meeting" between Bumblebee and Optimus was a complete joke though after High Moon hyped it up. So yea, while I was a bit disappointed at the Decepticons side (except for the end), the Autobots campaign has been great so far and I'm only just finishing the second chapter of it.

High Moon are definitely fans of the series though, that much is certain. Just wish they could have expanded the campaign and added more TF's... the DS versions got an extra 10 characters we didn't get, unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the Decepticon story kicked in when Omega Supreme came into the picture. The entire level of him coming after you was great. I think this game is really good still. I finished Decepticon story last night, got all the collectables, etc.

If I was a huge TF fan I would be rubbing one out to this game every time I turned it on

[quote name='Thorgouge']
Also, I think I'll put my feelings about this game in this post too. I did a few hours of multiplayer and I'm over halfway into the campaign on hard and I have to ask, does it really deserve this much praise?

In all, this game is fun and probably will stay fun for a very short while. What I do think is that reviewers and us gamers are giving WFC such praise is because we want it to be that good. We Transformers fans have been dying to get a great Transformers game since the dawn of time, and so many of us are forcing ourselves to believe that this game is amazing. When I finish a play session of this game I am left wanting more. WFC could be so, so much better in every aspect and the best I can hope for is that it is a commercial success so we get to see a sequel that does things right. But for now, I think it is fair to say that this game deserves an 8/10 and nothing higher.[/QUOTE]

You argue that reviewers gave WFC too much praise, then rate it an 8/10 yourself. Go check out Metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/transformerswarforcybertron

Currently, WFC is receiving an average critic rating of 80/100, based on 14 reviews. So... yeah... exactly the same score you rated the game. ;)

Really enjoying the Decepticon campaign so far. I'm two missions in, getting ready to start #3. Megatron is a jerk, as always, and Starscream is whiny. I'm reliving my childhood:)

There's always somebody who doesn't like a game as much as everyone else and tries to discredit its praise. If people like it, we like it. No need to try to talk us into enjoying it less (Thorgouge).

I'm not trying to talk you guys into liking it less. And yea, good for me rating it the same at its metascore, I was mainly aiming towards ign's high score and I saw a few others that were giving it 9+. Like I said before, I still like the game, but it could be so much better. It just reminds me a lot like previous games like that Transformers on the ps2 that came out in 2004. When I finished the Decepticon campaign and realized that the Autobot one is just you fighting the same exact enemies but a different color I couldn't stop laughing at how pathetic that was. Truth is, if we couldn't turn into a car we'd probably consider this game super mediocre.

[quote name='Thorgouge']I was mainly aiming towards ign's high score and I saw a few others that were giving it 9+.[/QUOTE]

But still, do you really think you have a completely different opinion of the game than IGN does? You gave it 8/10, IGN gave it 9/10. I don't think that's a big difference, just a small nuance.

Reviews are just the subjective opinions of different people. IGN likes it a little more than you do.

If you want to complain about questionable review scores, ask Eurogamer why they gave RDR an 8/10, Alpha Protocol a 7/10, and T:WFC a 6/10. That just boggles my mind.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Flippr and Thorgouge I added you guys to my Friends List, let's get some multi going around midnight EST. If anyone else is down feel free to add me and I'll try to get a party together.[/QUOTE]

thats 10pm my time...thats too late :p

bread's done
Back