True Blood Official Discussion: Season 3 starts Sun. June 13th!

[quote name='JolietJake']About spoiler:
You mean the guy who married the red headed waitress from Merlotte's?
[/quote]
Yes.

Looks like it is after all. Btw, i really wish they'd let Bill and Sam fight, i'd love to see Sam transform into something large and fight Bill.

Thats crazy that
the creole dude is potentially the real killer. Although, I always wondered why in that scene where he was proposing, the music was all sinister at first.

I knew that woman wasn't what she seemed, though i didn't think she'd be a shape shifter, judging from the way she was staring at that pig and shaking i assume she is.

[quote name='JolietJake']I knew that woman wasn't what she seemed, though i didn't think she'd be a shape shifter, judging from the way she was staring at that pig and shaking i assume she is.[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maenad
Don't read last line

It was an odd ending - I guess they are setting up next season. I am 99% sure that
was Lafayette in the car at the end and I'm going to be 100% pissed because he was the best character on the show
. I'll miss this show until the summer - it has been the best new show of the year, IMO.

So let's see what we got in the Season Finale:

- Rene was the killer. I just wish they didn't beat you over the head with the fact after the reveal at the end of the last episode. The show could really stand to be a little more subtle.

- Jason joined some church apparently dedicated to killing vampires via the sun. I wonder if they'll turn him into some sort "slayer" character in the next season.

- Lafayette disappeared after being attacked behind the restaurant. I really hope that wasn't his body in the sheriff's car. He's my favorite character.

- Sam and the shapeshifter woman have a history. This could be interesting.

- Bill is new guardian of the girl he turned. At first I thought it was her that attacked Lafayette after Eric asked her if she wanted to know how "real vampires hunt", but now I'm not so sure.

Next summer can't come quick enough :bomb:

My wife has read the series and has "spoiled" a lot of it for me.
I am enjoying reading these posts though.
I hope they handle the "Social Workers" connection to Sookie's family and her powers right. I groaned out loud when I learned the plot connection. However, if the story unfolds as well as the series thus far, it should be cool.

The story arc through all the books is long and complicated. There is easily enough material for 5 seasons.

That Church of the Sun has been mentioned in just about every episode in one way or another. I think they are setting us up for an entire season about the church and that gay politician - the vampire wedding was definitely the first of what I assume will be many "vampire rights" episodes.
Also, why is it that every chick who they make look like a vampire on any TV show in the history to time gets about 1,000,000 times hotter? That redhead was nothing special the last 2 weeks but last night - damn!

Just watched the ending.
I think it's lights out for Lafayette.
And how hot was that redheaded vampire girl? :drool: Tara was looking fine as well.

If that is Laff, you can add one more to the boo-urns bandwagon.
I'd also like a little more backstory to why Rene/Drew was such a psycho.

[quote name='Maklershed']Just watched the ending.
I think it's lights out for Lafayette.
And how hot was that redheaded vampire girl? :drool: Tara was looking fine as well.[/quote]

What red headed vampire girl? Are you talking about that Christain girl Bill turned? Her hair is dirty blonde.

[quote name='klwillis45']
I'd also like a little more backstory to why Rene/Drew was such a psycho.
[/quote]

Yeah, that aspect was sudden and sorta anti-climatic.

[quote name='xcopy']What red headed vampire girl? Are you talking about that Christain girl Bill turned? Her hair is dirty blonde.[/quote]

Yeah, the annoying one. Are you sure? I could've sworn she was a redhead?

EDIT: http://deborahannwoll.com/db2/00197/deborahannwoll.com/_uimages/Picture2048.jpg

http://deborahannwoll.com/db2/00197/deborahannwoll.com/_uimages/mach2.jpg

Oh I just remembered something ..

Did anyone else notice
the grave Sookie got knocked out on to was Susana Belflour's? I know they showed that grave before. Was that the woman who turned Bill? And obviously we know it's a relative of Andy Belflour.

And for next season, I really hope Jason becomes
a hardcore vampire hunter and dresses like D (Vampire Hunter D) or Van Helsing. :lol:

I hope he 'encounters' the strawberry-blonde vampire girl [she's about his speed] , has a change of heart about vampires , and sees how Sookie could fall for a vamp .
He thinks with his dick , so this is not too far fetched .

[quote name='Richlough']
I hope he 'encounters' the strawberry-blonde vampire girl [she's about his speed] , has a change of heart about vampires , and sees how Sookie could fall for a vamp .
He thinks with his dick , so this is not too far fetched .
[/quote]

I didn't understand his switch to the Followers of the Sun or whatever they're called - he liked Vampire Milton.

Trying so hard not to read comments from the last episode (we still haven't watched it, and may not be able to until Saturday).

[quote name='javeryh']I didn't understand his switch to the Followers of the Sun or whatever they're called - he liked Vampire Milton.[/quote]

Maybe it's really a cover and he's acting ;)

[quote name='javeryh']I didn't understand his switch to the Followers of the Sun or whatever they're called - he liked Vampire Milton.[/quote]
I don't know if you've noticed but he's an idiot if the circus came to town he'd end up leaving town with the bearded lady :)

He is an idiot! Its fun to watch his slow mind get tripped up so easily!.. About the foot
after watching the last seconds a few times it looks like 2 bodies were in there. If you look closely you can see someone laying up against the other door.. if thats right theres no way it could be that persons leg. meaning it was probably another body.

never mind. just googled "true blood whose foot was it" and found this ultimate spoiler..
Though the well-groomed foot that fell out of Andy Bellefleur's car resembled that of a woman, fans are quite sure that the dead body actually belonged to Lafayette. After being attacked by someone (or something) while taking out the trash, Lafayette vanished. Aside from the painted toenails (something Lafayette has been seen doing all season), the biggest clue could be the fact that True Blood is a book series, and while creator Alan Ball has taken some liberties with the story, it's worth noting that Lafayette sadly gets killed off at the start of the second book

I picked this up from BBY today on BR with a free t-shirt .

Lafayette does commentary in character on the Blu-ray [probably the DVD too] .
Pretty cool .

I'll pick up the soundtrack eventually they didn't seem to have a copy when I was there .

Wow, didnt even know there was a true blood thread. Anyway

I love this show.
It's gonna suck if lafayette is dead though like others have said. I thought he was the best thing in the show.
I'm not gonna stop watching it though.

My girlfriend loves this show and just got the DVDs. She convinced me to watch the pilot. I figured I would like it despite myself, since I'm well known for enjoying guilty pleasure shows. I found it absolutely dreadful and boring - despite the presence of Chris Bauer who is one of my favorite character actors. Nothing about the pilot grabbed me at all, but I know she's going to want me to watch more. Someone tell me if I have anything to look forward to.

[quote name='bigsick']Wow, didnt even know there was a true blood thread. Anyway

I love this show.
It's gonna suck if lafayette is dead though like others have said. I thought he was the best thing in the show.
I'm not gonna stop watching it though.[/QUOTE]

Nah man ..
hippy girl
was. :drool:

^Lizzie Caplan?... you would never think she would have been so insanely hot... it's amazing how better some people look naked than when clothed... and how the opposite applies a lot of the time too.

Good start.
I'm really really glad that it wasn't Lafayette in the car. I wonder if it was originally him but after seeing how much people liked his character they decided to pull a switch in between seasons and keep him alive.
Also, damn that Sookie Stackhouse looks good without any clothes on.

[quote name='javeryh']Good start.
I'm really really glad that it wasn't Lafayette in the car. I wonder if it was originally him but after seeing how much people liked his character they decided to pull a switch in between seasons and keep him alive.
Also, damn that Sookie Stackhouse looks good without any clothes on.[/QUOTE] +1.

The wife says there was already quite a difference between the show & books in Season 1 so why not go this route.

[quote name='javeryh']Good start.
Also, damn that Sookie Stackhouse looks good without any clothes on.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that story is taking an interesting turn.
Nice to see the story line deviating from the books, at least for the time being- now my wife can't play the giddily spoiler so much.

Yes, she is :hot: as Georgia asphalt in August. She's like 10 times hotter naked than clothed, some chicks you tend to lose interest in once you get a look at them naked, but . . . DAMN.

I think it's
the witch lady, that's why she has that idol in her house . Also I think her pig is someone who she turned like they way she threatened Sam .

My guess is she's a were something. In the books there are werewolves, werepanthers, etc. So maybe a weretaur? In the preview for next week she says "i know what you are" to Sam, so who knows, maybe she's just an advanced shifter or yes, as Rich mentions, probably just an acquaintance of Mary Ann.

I must say, I am disliking the whole Mary Ann angle very much.

bread's done
Back