Uncharted & God Of War Controller Bundle Packs $29.98 @ Target YMMV

coopscohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Like any clearance sale at Target YMMV.

Uncharted Controller Bundle Packs for $29.98. They had been $41.98 but i just picked up two for 50% off. I know there is a Target Thread but thought this was a really good deal.

They also had the God Of War Controller Bundle Packs for $29.98.

Ended up returning one Uncharted and getting one of each.

[quote name='TooPoor']These have a significant flipping value?[/QUOTE]
Not until they hit $30. You can make something at $42, but not enough for it to be worth the time/effort.

If you need the controller, though, getting the Uncharted pack and flipping the sealed games on eBay will make it dirt cheap.

Saw a couple GOW bundles at my store today, all still @ $41.98.
If they hit $29.98 I'll probably pick one up to get an extra controller and then flip the game (I already got it at launch).

Not at my Target. Shame, I really want to get a second controller for the PS3 I got last week, and since I just got the PS3 last week it can be assumed that most any PS3-exclusive game is new to me. :)

target on my way to work shows limited. hoping for the best since I haven't played a gow game yet and a red controller would be dope.

Picked up one for 29.98+tax since I needed a new controller anyway during my lunch, preferred the GoW bundle but eh. Already had UC1 and UC2, would it be better to try and sell the UC2 sealed or separate the game/voucher?

[quote name='Cfranchise13']Picked up one for 29.98+tax since I needed a new controller anyway during my lunch, preferred the GoW bundle but eh. Already had UC1 and UC2, would it be better to try and sell the UC2 sealed or separate the game/voucher?[/QUOTE]
The 2 games are not sealed individually.

[quote name='narec']holy es this is my store, too. going there on lunch break. thanks for the tip coops![/QUOTE]

Look along the wall under the televisions. That's where they were when I was there as they didn't have space on the shelf.

[quote name='cruzadel']The 2 games are not sealed individually.[/QUOTE]

Yes they are, just checked. It's not the DualPack UC 1+2 which I bought, the controller pack ones are. They just have the Not for Resale UPC.

Not available in Oklahoma City area stores. Includes Norman, Yukon, Edmond, etc. Sigh.

If anyone wants to swap one for some Amazon credit, let me know.

Would be nice if I can find one of these. My little cousins broke their controller and been trying to save up for a new one. This would be great for them

missed out on the controllers today. they had tons last saturday at $41.98. now the area where all the controller bundles were was completely cleaned out.. sucks!

I dont know if i should have bought it that time and just price matched it today. Seems that target always gets cleaned out early. I never get any good clearance deals on that store! oh well. btw, this is the new Oxnard, CA store.

[quote name='luan87us']Would be nice if I can find one of these. My little cousins broke their controller and been trying to save up for a new one. This would be great for them[/QUOTE]
I take it you've looked at Kmart for those controller/game packs there that were $20-25?

Killzone 2, Resistance 2 and one of the other packs were in the $20-25 range there.

my target had this morning i went at least 15 of the uncharted bundles, beware they're not in the same spot as all the other clearance games, they're like around the corner of where the clearance games are, was tempted but the blue dualshock does look kind of fugly, the target is the one in CLARCK, NJ, good luck!

[quote name='kouleefoh']Am I the only one that's willing to wait for it to get to $20?[/QUOTE]

It will never be $20.

The two Targets near me had nothing. I asked an employee, he scanned the price tag where the bundle would be and he said they are discontinued now. Plus the price was still at $59.99.

I would have loved a blue controller for cheap (sell the game as I already have them).

[quote name='zemzero']It will never be $20.

The two Targets near me had nothing. I asked an employee, he scanned the price tag where the bundle would be and he said they are discontinued now. Plus the price was still at $59.99.

I would have loved a blue controller for cheap (sell the game as I already have them).[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure what your logic is for it never being $20. At $20, it is 70% off. I guess you're saying that it'll be sold out before it gets to $20?

[quote name='kouleefoh']I'm not sure what your logic is for it never being $20. At $20, it is 70% off. I guess you're saying that it'll be sold out before it gets to $20?[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what he is saying. Chances are very slim that if a DS3 stand alone controller went on clearance it would barely hit $20 let alone a game and DS3 controller. I mean people go ape shit when the 360 wireless controllers hit sub $30.

In a pyramid type clearance cycle like Target has it's very doubtful for something like this to get that low sans a price mistake

[quote name='coopscohen']Look along the wall under the televisions. That's where they were when I was there as they didn't have space on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

looked under the tv's but el hoardo musta gotten there before me. there were active fit ps3 junks for 40, bunch of ds3d and maybe some xbox things but no more of these bundles oh well. i've never looked under the tv area for clearance game items before, now i know.

only thing slightly interesting was a huge casio keyboard on clearance for 75 down from 145.

[quote name='GBAstar']That's exactly what he is saying. Chances are very slim that if a DS3 stand alone controller went on clearance it would barely hit $20 let alone a game and DS3 controller. I mean people go ape shit when the 360 wireless controllers hit sub $30.

In a pyramid type clearance cycle like Target has it's very doubtful for something like this to get that low sans a price mistake[/QUOTE]
True. I guess the reason why I'd only consider buying it at $20 is because I already have 2 controllers, and both games. If it ever gets to that, I'd buy it and flip the game then let my cousin have the controller because I ruined his playing FIFA 12 :lol:

[quote name='kouleefoh']I'm not sure what your logic is for it never being $20. At $20, it is 70% off. I guess you're saying that it'll be sold out before it gets to $20?[/QUOTE]
That's it, yes...considering that the controller can't be had for less than 45 bucks that I've seen. So at $30, the remaining bundles get bought and the brand new, sealed games thrown in the garbage if need be...I guess you could hide them in the store to wait for $20 lol(but my target has these locked up)

Didn't find any bundles at the Las Vegas locations at Maryland/Flamingo or Charleston/Nellis but I did pick up a copy of LA Noire complete for $12, so not a complete loss. Now to go trade in my vanilla copy.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Didn't find any bundles at the Las Vegas locations at Maryland/Flamingo or Charleston/Nellis but I did pick up a copy of LA Noire complete for $12, so not a complete loss. Now to go trade in my vanilla copy.[/QUOTE]
I think it was 8 at Amazon last night, I locked one, since I got it at 8.99 and got bored playing it after the vice desk.

[quote name='TooPoor']I think it was 8 at Amazon last night, I locked one, since I got it at 8.99 and got bored playing it after the vice desk.[/QUOTE]
Oh well, $12 isn't bad either. BB trade in site is saying $8 for the vanilla copy and if they are still running their 50% bonus trade in special than it paid for itself. :D

Purchased the uncharted bundle at 41.xx need more games for my ps3 and a controller anyways. Feel fine about my purchase ~$45 after tax for a new controller and 2 games.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Didn't find any bundles at the Las Vegas locations at Maryland/Flamingo or Charleston/Nellis but I did pick up a copy of LA Noire complete for $12, so not a complete loss. Now to go trade in my vanilla copy.[/QUOTE]

Was this for Xbox?

[quote name='The Buffmuffin']Was this for Xbox?[/QUOTE]
Yep, it was the only copy there otherwise I probably would have gotten the PS3 version instead.

This might be a long shot but if anyone finds an extra uncharted controller bundle I'd give you $40 for it.

[quote name='zemzero']This might be a long shot but if anyone finds an extra uncharted controller bundle I'd give you $40 for it.[/QUOTE]
With or without packaging? With packaging it's gonna have to go at least Priority Mail flat rate box, which is $10-12 shipping by itself. So you're looking at closer to $45-50 by the time you factor in sales tax and shipping.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']With or without packaging? With packaging it's gonna have to go at least Priority Mail flat rate box, which is $10-12 shipping by itself. So you're looking at closer to $45-50 by the time you factor in sales tax and shipping.[/QUOTE]

Why flat rate? If he lived on the other side of the country from you I could understand but otherwise straight priority or regional rate A depending on where he lives in relation to you would be considerably cheaper.

That is assuming this weights less then 2lbs.. and i'm pretty confident it does

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']With or without packaging? With packaging it's gonna have to go at least Priority Mail flat rate box, which is $10-12 shipping by itself. So you're looking at closer to $45-50 by the time you factor in sales tax and shipping.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it would have to go flat rate, that always seems more expensive than other options when it comes to video games. Even bundles. I shipped a big 12x12 box, weighing about 4 pounds, to California for $15. The controller bundles aren't that big or heavy. Hell, just wrap the thing in brown paper for all I care. Plus it depends how far away from Ohio someone is. But I'd be willing to compromise, of course.

[quote name='GBAstar']Why flat rate? If he lived on the other side of the country from you I could understand but otherwise straight priority or regional rate A depending on where he lives in relation to you would be considerably cheaper.

That is assuming this weights less then 2lbs.. and i'm pretty confident it does[/QUOTE]
Anything other than Priority after it passes the 13oz rule is slow as shit from what I've seen. Believe me, I've sent stuff Priority and I've sent stuff Media/Parcel Post before. Priority wins by a landslide for speed, that's for sure.
[quote name='zemzero']I don't think it would have to go flat rate, that always seems more expensive than other options when it comes to video games. Even bundles. I shipped a big 12x12 box, weighing about 4 pounds, to California for $15. The controller bundles aren't that big or heavy. Hell, just wrap the thing in brown paper for all I care. Plus it depends how far away from Ohio someone is. But I'd be willing to compromise, of course.[/QUOTE]
But the thing is, as I mentioned above, it would have to go Parcel Post and that's horrible as far as shipping time goes. But if you don't care how long it takes to get to you as long as it arrives, then that would be a viable option. However, I pointed out the shipping thing because $40 may NOT cover the shipping cost and the purchase price of the bundle completely.

No luck in Selinsgrove, PA. Just standalone controllers for $55 each. I did get to try out the PS Vita while I was there. Great, one more thing to want now. *sigh*

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Anything other than Priority after it passes the 13oz rule is slow as shit from what I've seen. Believe me, I've sent stuff Priority and I've sent stuff Media/Parcel Post before. Priority wins by a landslide for speed, that's for sure.

But the thing is, as I mentioned above, it would have to go Parcel Post and that's horrible as far as shipping time goes. But if you don't care how long it takes to get to you as long as it arrives, then that would be a viable option. However, I pointed out the shipping thing because $40 may NOT cover the shipping cost and the purchase price of the bundle completely.[/QUOTE]

I understand where you're coming from but the wait doesn't really bug me. As long as I have some sort of proof it shipped, I'm good. If it's between getting killed in shipping cost or shipping time...well I guess I'm a little cheap.

*edit*

Rofl at the tags for this thread.

[quote name='zemzero']I understand where you're coming from but the wait doesn't really bug me. As long as I have some sort of proof it shipped, I'm good. If it's between getting killed in shipping cost or shipping time...well I guess I'm a little cheap.

*edit*

Rofl at the tags for this thread.[/QUOTE]
Don't get me wrong. I've been cheap before on shipping too. But when you have a Parcel Post package that looks like it sat out on in the open in the middle of a heavy downpour and have some of the contents get ruined because they let it sit there forever then you learn that sometimes it's ok to go the next speed up on shipping.

As for the thread tags, it would appear that one of the people who didn't like us vets complaining about how many deals that would normally be relegated to the mega threads has less of a life than us if they have to resort to making immature thread tags. I'll just leave it at that.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Don't get me wrong. I've been cheap before on shipping too. But when you have a Parcel Post package that looks like it sat out on in the open in the middle of a heavy downpour and have some of the contents get ruined because they let it sit there forever then you learn that sometimes it's ok to go the next speed up on shipping.

As for the thread tags, it would appear that one of the people who didn't like us vets complaining about how many deals that would normally be relegated to the mega threads has less of a life than us if they have to resort to making immature thread tags. I'll just leave it at that.;)[/QUOTE]

Do you have a printer? Do you print your labels? For me (Granted I have a discount) it is cheaper to ship by Priority Mail then it is Parcel Post for anything between 1-3lbs.

[quote name='zemzero']This might be a long shot but if anyone finds an extra uncharted controller bundle I'd give you $40 for it.[/QUOTE]

Or I can trade a sealed copy of FFXIII-2 with the novella and some cash for it, but I would really like the blue controller bundle.

[quote name='proKoyeon']my target blows, ive been like 0 for 20 for every target deal posted...wont even try for this one[/QUOTE]

same here

[quote name='GBAstar']Do you have a printer? Do you print your labels? For me (Granted I have a discount) it is cheaper to ship by Priority Mail then it is Parcel Post for anything between 1-3lbs.[/QUOTE]
No to both questions. I'm old school in that respect, just like I am regarding payment methods.:D

well that was a bust...Eastvale and Corona Target in California had it for $41.98

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't find either bundle at the two Target's I went to; however, I did find some clearance items. Socom 4: $8.98, Driver SF $11.98, Vita AC Adapter $10.98, and Leela Deepak Chopra for $24.98. If I ever get a Vita, I'll definitely go back and grab that charger.

bread's done
Back