UNOFFICIAL Game Rush Trade in Value of games thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgb0607

CAG Veteran
I figured we should have a thread for this as there seems to be some prices scattered around this site.

Here's what I got for some Xbox games on 6/20:

Mechassualt - $8
Blood Wake - $7
Time Splitters - $8
GTA 3/4 - $25
Indiana Jones- $3
Freedom Fighters- $8
Armed and Dang - $12
Riddick- $35

[quote name='sevdustflyer']any idea how much grand theft auto 3 or gran turismo 3 get?[/quote]

I don't know the exact amounts, but, I'd expect to get 7-8 dollars for them, more or less.

You know, all of the whining that has creeped into this thread is really annoying.
A reasonable person can tell the difference between using a deal and exploiting it.

That doesn't give Gamerush/Blockbuster employees carte blanche to just start shouting people down when they are obviously trying to exploit the deal, but they do have the right to refuse trades and flag people after questionable activity... like trading in say 5+ copies of the exact same game in the span of a month.

When a company is actually offering very good deals like Gamerush has, it's really hard to muster some pity for the people that are bitching that the deals "aren't good enough".

How much does kill.switch and Wrestlemania XIX run at GameRush in trade in? I've had them sitting around. kill.switch is mint and XIX is sealed.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']any idea how much grand theft auto 3 or gran turismo 3 get?[/quote]
My buddy traded in his gt3(not gta3) and got $5 yesterday.

interesting since gt3 and gta3 are both 5 at gamestop and they have the buy 2 get 1 used free deal going

in a semi-related turn of events after scamming blockbuster for a good 600 bucks or so today i had 100 dollars stolen from me

well that is all

[quote name='JSweeney']You know, all of the whining that has creeped into this thread is really annoying.
A reasonable person can tell the difference between using a deal and exploiting it.

That doesn't give Gamerush/Blockbuster employees carte blanche to just start shouting people down when they are obviously trying to exploit the deal, but they do have the right to refuse trades and flag people after questionable activity... like trading in say 5+ copies of the exact same game in the span of a month.

When a company is actually offering very good deals like Gamerush has, it's really hard to muster some pity for the people that are bitching that the deals "aren't good enough".[/quote]

I totally agree. Even if they don't combine deals any more it's still more than get from eb or gamstop by at least $5! I've really taken advantage of this deal. I got a lot of combo deals as well. I'm not going to start complaining because I can't anymore. It's still rediculous you can trade in 2 old sports no one, literally, no one will ever buy from them and get in essence $23 off a pre-order. LEts see eb do that. SO suck it babies. It's a good deal STILL!

A Gamerush just opened near me, so went in for my first haul today. Most of these titles have been mentioned already on this thread, but what the hey:

(All prices before $5 bonus):
Xbox Unreal 2 : $25
Xbox Robin Hood : $22 (!)
Xbox Spawn : $8
PS2 Auto Modellista : $10
PS2 Bombastic : $10
PS2 Wheel of Fortune : $18

Also they were offering $7 for PS2 Wallace & Gromit, but I decided to hold onto that one for now. Some of the above games were still sealed, but the employee didn't say anything about it.

[quote name='stoned99']I'm still buying and selling old sports games, 2-3$ each and sell them for 6.50 (after 5$ bonus), typical 35$ profit each time. You can grab a ton off ebgames.com for 25% off (pplay15 and your gamersedge card). I'm also using the trade 4 get any game for 5$ coupons (in EGM) to get the 35$+ used games for free (well 8-10$ for the crappy sports games I bought). I think I'm up about 400$ at this point :)[/quote]
Yes, what EGM issue has these so called "dealz"?

[quote name='sevdustflyer']interesting since gt3 and gta3 are both 5 at gamestop and they have the buy 2 get 1 used free deal going

in a semi-related turn of events after scamming blockbuster for a good 600 bucks or so today i had 100 dollars stolen from me

well that is all[/quote]

karma?

Here are my trade-ins for today:

Bombastic PS2 $10.00
Unreal II Xbox $25.00
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets GC $5.00
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone GC $25.00 (this surprised me)
Fable Xbox $35.00

I also had the $5 added on to each title because I traded in more than 3. They said that the computer wouldn't add the $5.00 onto the Unreal because the price they sell it at is less than $30.00, but they simply took an extra $5 off my purchase (I bought X-Men Legends for Xbox and Shadow Hearts 2 for the PS2).

BTW, one of the guys said that the extra $5 promotion is going on until the 12th or so. A new promotion along the lines of trade in one Xbox, PS2 or GC game and get $20 off a new release will start the 18th. He wasn't sure what would constitute a new release, but I hope Fatal Frame 2 for the Xbox counts as one.

Friend of mine traded in Unreal II and only got $25 bucks. the guy didnt say anything to him about the price deal. still not bad since he paid $10 for it earlier.

FYI...MVP Baseball 2004(ps2) got me $25 today also. I don't recall seeing that one before.

we figured something was up because i got $30(with additional trades) for it the day before at the same GR. I was happy with my extra $5 but he wasn't complaining about making the $15 extra.
:D

can anyone help me on this....

last week my blockbuster became a gamerush, and i want to trade in some hobbits with the xtra 20 towards a preorder with 2 trade ins coupon. so i call them up and ask if i want to trade in games, do i need that coupon with me, or do they have one in store that they can just scan. the guy tells me i need one, but i have no idea where to find one. if someone could help it would be a HUGE help.

Spin - The GR's I went to have signs posted about trading in any two select game formats, GBA, GC, XB, PS2 and a pre-order drops to $29.95. You also get the trade value of the games that you can use. You do have to pay the full price(or remaining price) of the pre-order right then.

Some have been lucky to have multiple offers combined and truly maxing out the deals.

YMMV but if it is close by, I would just stop in and see what happens. You always have the right to refuse the deal if you don't like it.

Hope that helps some.

I also picked up a coupon from one of the GR's I went to.

Says pick up any HOT NEW RELEASE GAME for $39.99 or less with trade. Formats include for trade, PS2, XB, GC, GBA and not including mini games(I assume demo's). It expires 10/10/04

Buster, As i stated previously, My friend got $25 total for his, whereas I got $30 for mine the day before. I think it is gonna drop soon though. You might call before making the purchases to see if they are still worth you time.

Just a suggestion. All the GR's in my area are 50 miles away so that is what I would do.

The Hobbit will likely drop to $22, Unreal to $13. The preplayed price for each of those games has alrady dropped from $39.99-$32.99 for Hobbit and $39.99-$26.99 for Unreal.

heres some trade in prices for PS, these are including the extra $3 each.

Spec Ops: Covert Assault 4.00
Knockout Kings 2000 5.00
Big Bass Fishing 4.50
Namco Museum Volume 1 5.00
NCAA football '99 3.50
Caesars palace 5.00
Hot Shots Golf 5.00
NFL Blitz 4.50
Syphon filter 2 4.00
Syphon Filter 3 4.50
Army Men 3d 4.50
Nhl faceoff 2001 4.50

Extra $5 games

PS2 Fur Fighters 10.00
GCUBE X2 Wolverine 8.00
XBoX I ninja 12.00

[quote name='mttakah']Buster, As i stated previously, My friend got $25 total for his, whereas I got $30 for mine the day before. I think it is gonna drop soon though. You might call before making the purchases to see if they are still worth you time.

Just a suggestion. All the GR's in my area are 50 miles away so that is what I would do.[/quote]

I think the price difference is just the +5 for 3 or more games. I got 30$ (Including +5) on Saturday for my XBOX Unreal II.

[quote name='crucify']BTW, one of the guys said that the extra $5 promotion is going on until the 12th or so. A new promotion along the lines of trade in one Xbox, PS2 or GC game and get $20 off a new release will start the 18th. He wasn't sure what would constitute a new release, but I hope Fatal Frame 2 for the Xbox counts as one.[/quote]

That seems way too good to be true.

[quote name='Snowcone'][quote name='crucify']BTW, one of the guys said that the extra $5 promotion is going on until the 12th or so. A new promotion along the lines of trade in one Xbox, PS2 or GC game and get $20 off a new release will start the 18th. He wasn't sure what would constitute a new release, but I hope Fatal Frame 2 for the Xbox counts as one.[/quote]

That seems way too good to be true.[/quote]

I know it does, I mean right now they are probably getting tons of trade ins for 2 games for 20$ off a preorder why they would go 1 game for 20$ off a new game is kinda weird.

[quote name='timmylamb'][quote name='Snowcone'][quote name='crucify']BTW, one of the guys said that the extra $5 promotion is going on until the 12th or so. A new promotion along the lines of trade in one Xbox, PS2 or GC game and get $20 off a new release will start the 18th. He wasn't sure what would constitute a new release, but I hope Fatal Frame 2 for the Xbox counts as one.[/quote]

That seems way too good to be true.[/quote]

I know it does, I mean right now they are probably getting tons of trade ins for 2 games for 20$ off a preorder why they would go 1 game for 20$ off a new game is kinda weird.[/quote]

They had this deal already a few months ago. When they first dropped trade 2 get a preowned for 9.99 or less w/ trade they went to trade 1 and get a new release for 29.99 or less w/ trade. It's a great deal if you buy a lot of new games full price. I personally prefer the 9.99 preowned deal because if you can score a new 39.99 preowned game plus get good trade-in value you make out like a bandit.

I also am pretty sure that what counts as a new release is at the disgression of the employees. I don't think the computer knows/cares how long the game has been out.

So basically if you trade in a game worth say 20$, you would get the 20$ credit plus a new game for 29.99$ meaning you pay 9.99$? Or if you trade in a game worth 35$ then you get a new game for 29.99$ meaning you get 5$ credit back?

I totally missed out on the other deals previously at GR I only started recently with the trade 2 get preorder for 29.99$.

[quote name='timmylamb']So basically if you trade in a game worth say 20$, you would get the 20$ credit plus a new game for 29.99$ meaning you pay 9.99$? Or if you trade in a game worth 35$ then you get a new game for 29.99$ meaning you get 5$ credit back?

I totally missed out on the other deals previously at GR I only started recently with the trade 2 get preorder for 29.99$.[/quote]

This is what it sounds like....although, I don't think it would work on Pre-Orders....since that is the current promotion, still a good deal.

they did it awhile ago though....i got riddick when it first came out for 30 bucks after trading in a horrible game

mttakah wrote:
Buster, As i stated previously, My friend got $25 total for his, whereas I got $30 for mine the day before. I think it is gonna drop soon though. You might call before making the purchases to see if they are still worth you time.

Just a suggestion. All the GR's in my area are 50 miles away so that is what I would do.

I think the price difference is just the +5 for 3 or more games. I got 30$ (Including +5) on Saturday for my XBOX Unreal II.

We both traded in more than 3 games on both transactions. So it dropped to $20 on his for some reason.

[quote name='timmylamb']So basically if you trade in a game worth say 20$, you would get the 20$ credit plus a new game for 29.99$ meaning you pay 9.99$? Or if you trade in a game worth 35$ then you get a new game for 29.99$ meaning you get 5$ credit back?

I totally missed out on the other deals previously at GR I only started recently with the trade 2 get preorder for 29.99$.[/quote]

I guess that will depend if the deal states normal credit + promo price like the preorder deal does.

[quote name='cyberlian'][quote name='pfunkpearl']Do they take ps2 games without case and book?[/quote]
Same question but with dvds? anybody...[/quote]

No from what I understand, no UPC, no sale, I even had a Mummy Returns DVD, perfect except the UPC had a hole punch through it and they would not take it :(

I only got $7 for my Breakdown :cry:

Also, there was a glitch in the system at one point so "Drake" was being traded in for $21...I would get people coming in like 3 times a day with Drake. It was hilarious because one day this guy came in the trade 5 Drakes (he said that it was his birthday and everyone got him the same game...yeah right) and they were only traded in for $2....lol, man that kids face went from white to red and he looked so pitiful.

Oh well...little idiot shouldnt try to trick the system.

[quote name='ramprider0']Anybody know how much I'd get for Rallisport Challenge 2?[/quote]

They are asking 23$ for it used for I'm going to guess 8-12$

They still got that trade two games and get any preowned game for 9.99? And if they do would you need a coupon or something to get that deal or do they just do that all the time? I've never been to a Gamerush so today would be the first time I've ever been there so I'm trying to get all my info straight before I go.

I think they may have changed the reserve list since I reserved LOTR:Third Age and Goldeneye today and neither seem to be on their pre-order list.

I traded in my last copy of Unreal 2 today as well. I traded the following:

Unreal 2 (xbox) $25
The Hobbit (gamecube) $25
Batman: Rise of Tzu (gamecube) $22

All those prices are before the $5 add on that you get when you trade in 3 games or more.

Interestingly enough, I got the extra $5 added on to The Hobbit and Batman but not Unreal 2. The manager couldn't figure out why but then she noticed they were selling it for $26.99 so they couldn't give me $30 total for it without taking a loss.

As others here have already posted, if you have any copies of Unreal 2 I would advise trading them into Game Rush before they close tonight. I'd be shocked if the price on Unreal 2 doesn't drop tomorrow.

I am hoping they do not drop the price....I am going to read the posts through the next few days to see what people's findings are. If it seems the price drop does not happen I'm going to pick up two more and get a free pre-order game and use the rest of my credit towards my Halo 2 SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back