Used Xbox 360 Game Sale With Free Shipping at GameFly

CountingBodies

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]9358[/IMG-R]Get free shipping on all the below used Xbox 360 games until 3/1/2010. GameFly's used games come complete with case and manual and are usually in excellent condition.

Damnation $7.99
Major League Baseball 2K9 $7.99
Raven Squad $7.99
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra $9.99
Afro Samurai $9.99
Bionic Commando $9.99
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood $9.99
Fuel $9.99
Ghostbusters $9.99
Infernal: Hell's Vengeance $9.99
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 $9.99
Rise of the Argonauts $9.99
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $9.99
Velvet Assassin $9.99
Wanted: Weapons of Fate $9.99
Wheelman $9.99
FIFA Soccer 09 $12.99
Fight Night Round 4 $12.99
Left 4 Dead $12.99
Red Faction: Guerrilla $12.99
Wolfenstein $12.99
Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires $12.99
Overlord II $12.99
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 $16.99
Prototype $16.99
Guitar Hero: Smash Hits $14.99
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel $14.99
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger $17.99
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare $24.99
The Beatles: Rock Band $27.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Overlord 2, Call of Juarez BiB, and Destiny Warriors 6 Empires all for around $50 shipped (had a $5 coupon with them)

Would have grabbed Wolfenstein but it was sold out.

Course I'm never gonna get around to playing these things till late summer most likely but still, not likely to get many of them much cheaper.

I wanted something like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance or Champions of Norrath for 360 so I got Sacred 2: Fallen Angel.

And Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires seemed like a decent enough improvement over the last installment I played (DW3 for Xbox), so I got that too.

Just got Wolfenstein & Velvet Assassin. I love Gamefly's used game sales.

I wanted Velvet Assassin at launch but it got such terrible reviews, it's got to have at least $10 of fun in it.

[quote name='KnightofHearts']Ditto, picked up Velvet Assassin over CoJ for its uniqueness. Besides after Mass Effect 2 every other game feels broken anyways. ;)[/QUOTE]

You'll be in for a whole new world of "broken" with Velvet Assassin. It's a great concept and I was excited to play it, but I returned it to GF faster than any other 360 game I've played...frustrating and broken to the nth degree. Utterly worthless.

[quote name='sdcranford']I wanted Velvet Assassin at launch but it got such terrible reviews, it's got to have at least $10 of fun in it.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, no. Someone mentioned above that every game feels broken after Mass Effect 2 -- I beg to differ. You'll be in for a whole new world of "broken" with Velvet Assassin. It's a great concept and I was excited to play it too, but I returned it to GF faster than any other 360 game I've played...endlessly frustrating and broken to the nth degree. Unless they patched it, it's completely worthless...easily one of the worst 360 games.

EDIT -- blog on the game's (apparently) unbelievably horrible ending...
http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/CR...in-recent-years-spoilers-inside--164412.phtml

Afro Samurai is Hilarious, Samuel L Jackson has awesome voice overs. Not safe for family, playing around your kids or playing around you parents, sexual refrences , ie stuff like that. Nothing is as satisfying as kicking bad dudes up in the air and chopping them in half. Too bad they don't have Skate 1 or 2 for reasonable prices.

"GameFly's used games come complete with case and manual and are usually in excellent condition."

Yeah, good luck with that. As I have said before, the games I have gotten from them are usually scratched and the edges are chipped. I just dropped the service this month - I had been a member for 3 years, but I got sick of getting scratched and chipped discs. I would have bought a bunch of used games from them if they hadn't looked like hell.

[quote name='Don Chubo']"GameFly's used games come complete with case and manual and are usually in excellent condition."

Yeah, good luck with that. As I have said before, the games I have gotten from them are usually scratched and the edges are chipped. I just dropped the service this month - I had been a member for 3 years, but I got sick of getting scratched and chipped discs. I would have bought a bunch of used games from them if they hadn't looked like hell.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Over the last few years GameFly used games do not have a good quality. The discs are usually scratched and chipped. I have bought about 15-20 games from them over the last few years and most of them were not in good shape.

[quote name='Temidien']Considering Afro Samurai, though I'd prefer it on PS3.

Anyone who has played the game feel it's worth the $10 risk?[/QUOTE]

It's a pretty damn fun game. I rented it when it first came out had a blast playing it..... Lots of action and gore... The Comedy is really dirty and cusses alot so if you like stuff like that you will like it. I know I did.

I picked up Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. Been wanting it for awhile now, and it was irresistible to me at $10. Thank you OP.

[quote name='ferris182']I agree. Over the last few years GameFly used games do not have a good quality. The discs are usually scratched and chipped. I have bought about 15-20 games from them over the last few years and most of them were not in good shape.[/QUOTE]

I've bought quite a few as well and have had pretty good luck but as a subscriber I typically use the keep it option to buy them which means I've had a chance to inspect it first or it's a brand new game that they shipped to me on release day so I pretty sure I'm the first to use it.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Well, I bought over 40 games and every one of them is scratched to shit lmao. But most work still.[/QUOTE]

You're truly a glutton for punishment.

Well, fuck a duck...I missed Wolfenstein and Sacred 2! :wall:
I'm bummed about it, although my girlfriend and my wallet are probably fairly relieved. :bomb:

is Call of Juarez worth picking up? i loved Red Dead Revolver and i am eagerly anticipating Red Dead Redemption, maybe this will hold me over? what say you!

Just beat Call of Juarez. It isn't long, but I thought it was great for 10$. I'm really looking forward to Red Dead Redemption now.

[quote name='sandman8288']I know Sacred 2 is sold out, but any opinions on it?[/QUOTE]

Totally awesome... like Diablo 2 and/or WoW? You'll love Sacred 2.

Bye bye sacred 2...

I'll just jump on in it if it restocks. The first had problems, but was fun. I'm not expecting more from the second. Most of the negatives seem to come from the menus, graphics, and some technical problems. As long as the fighting, looting and customization works, I'll be happy.

[quote name='Vortextk']Bye bye sacred 2...

I'll just jump on in it if it restocks. The first had problems, but was fun. I'm not expecting more from the second. Most of the negatives seem to come from the menus, graphics, and some technical problems. As long as the fighting, looting and customization works, I'll be happy.[/QUOTE]

There are some bugs that affect gameplay on the console such as certain skills and modifications not working as they should and while the PC version has been patched to fix most of them it doesn't appear the console will ever see the patch since Ascaron went belly up. The console also won't see the expansion either in all likelyhood.

But that being said it's still an incredibly deep game and offers a ton of gameplay that's unrivaled on anything that's been offered on consoles so far in my opinion. I've played tons of hours on both the 360 and the PC and while the PC is probably the better version due to graphics and the patches it also tends to be less stable the then 360 version and there are some builds that actually work better on the console due to the control scheme. One caution though is I would probably pass if you only have a SDTV still, the text is pretty much unreadable.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']In for overlord 2.

So do games get restocked ever? Wanted to pick up sacred 2.[/QUOTE]
I'm curious if they get restocked, too. I had my eye on Rise of the Argonauts...

[quote name='sandman8288']I know Sacred 2 is sold out, but any opinions on it?[/QUOTE]

I loved Sacred 2. Huge world, tons of quests and loot. Not everyone likes the control scheme, but it worked well for me.

[quote name='mxpowar']I'm curious if they get restocked, too. I had my eye on Rise of the Argonauts...[/QUOTE]

well, ill tell you that a few weeks ago when gamefly had a bigger sale with used games i missed out on a few games that i wanted such as Fifa 09, and low and behold they restocked the Fifa 09, AND it didn't have free shipping last time from what i can recall, so although im not sure if Rise of the Argonauts will be restocked, there is definatly some restocking going on here, i just hope the "restocking" isn't restocked in the form of "defective returns"

people who don't like Diablo games don't like Sacred 2 and will just say blah blah the menus suck. In reality, you just don't like Diablo type games it's as simple as that.

In Sacred, you kill stuff and you collect loot. There's a story, and some funny sidequests, but that's not why you'll play the game.

There's a small userbase still playing the game. You'll almost always be able to find a game online but not a huge selection in games to join.

Damn, Red Faction is OOS. Loved that game as a rental, and deem it worth of a buy.

If anyone needs Velvet Assassin, PM me, I have one for sale.

Thanks!

Darn it, I called off work yesterday and didn't even look at a computer screen. Saw this today and snagged Prototype and Bionic Commando but missed out on Sacred 2 and Call of Juarez.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']WHOA! That's an awesome price on Blazblue. I'll be in for one if I can get a hold of a credit card. Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

My local used game/music store had a half off sale on everything in the store (minus hardware of course) and there was a copy of Blazblue for 34 bucks (17). I had no idea what the hell Blazblue was though LOL

bread's done
Back