Viva Piñata - General Discussion & Piñata Trading - Demo Out Now

I picked this up about a week ago. Very addicting. Loving this game, not looking to trade anything quite yet, trying to see how much of it I can just do myself (now, if I could only everything to stop eating my damn rabbits. Might be time for a fence).

Yeah I picked this game up last week as well. So far it is really fun and addictive. My garden is kind of chaotic right now so I need to regain control of my situation soon. One thing that is pissing me off is the sour vampire bat thing. I can't fuckin turn him for anything! It says he needs a jack-o-lantern to turn. I am growing pumpkins and putting them in front of his face and he's doing nothing with them. Do I have to do something else to get a jack-o-lantern? Or is the pumpkin you can grow considered a jack-o-lantern?

[quote name='cgarb84']Yeah I picked this game up last week as well. So far it is really fun and addictive. My garden is kind of chaotic right now so I need to regain control of my situation soon. One thing that is pissing me off is the sour vampire bat thing. I can't fuckin turn him for anything! It says he needs a jack-o-lantern to turn. I am growing pumpkins and putting them in front of his face and he's doing nothing with them. Do I have to do something else to get a jack-o-lantern? Or is the pumpkin you can grow considered a jack-o-lantern?[/quote]

You have to hire Bart to come and transform it.

http://pinataisland.info/index.php?title=Jack_o_lantern

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']You have to hire Bart to come and transform it.

http://pinataisland.info/index.php?title=Jack_o_lantern[/QUOTE]
Note to cgarb: whenever I see someone posting a link to a guide, I definitely have to STRONGLY recommend against viewing it.

Playing with a guide takes away the fun of discovering things for yourself. If you are really sick of the game, or simply don't enjoy it, sure, go ahead and see if a few peeks at a guide makes the game more enjoyable, but if you're having fun with it, why ruin the game with a guide?

Anyways, that's just my thoughts on the matter. I've been playing Viva guide/hint free since it came out, I might not have every Piñata yet, but I've been having fun with it. And everything I'd done I can honestly say I figured out all on my own.

[quote name='JJSP']Question - if I start a garden under my Gamertag, and my girlfriend starts one under hers (same console), will they be affected by each other? I know gardens on the same profile share coins and experience, but does it carry over across profiles on the same console?

Along with that, feel free to add me if you'd like.[/QUOTE]It works in much the same way as every single other Xbox 360 game in existance.

[quote name='JJSP']Question - if I start a garden under my Gamertag, and my girlfriend starts one under hers (same console), will they be affected by each other? I know gardens on the same profile share coins and experience, but does it carry over across profiles on the same console?

Along with that, feel free to add me if you'd like.[/QUOTE]
As with every single other Xbox 360 game in existance, saves are tied to profiles.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Anyways, that's just my thoughts on the matter. I've been playing Viva guide/hint free since it came out, I might not have every Piñata yet, but I've been having fun with it. And everything I'd done I can honestly say I figured out all on my own.[/quote]

I am so very impressed. :applause:

I have every Pinata, if anybody needs a certain one, just send me a FR with the name of the Pinata and I'll send it to you. ;) Just one per person though.

[quote name='life.exe']I have every Pinata, if anybody needs a certain one, just send me a FR with the name of the Pinata and I'll send it to you. ;) Just one per person though.[/quote]

Can you send me a lion and an elephant? I must have spent hours trying to get those two and everytime i got close they'd just randomly get sick and die on my property.

OK, guys, hopefully some of you are still playing this. I broke this out for the kids and after helping both my older son and my daughter start their own games I sat down late Friday night and started my own. I had to force myself to stop after several hours ;). Fortunately my youngest son is content to watch his siblings and me play. I couldn't possibly handle helping all of them with their games AND doing my own :lol:. I may have to let the other two go off on their own from now on as it is - I don't want to get burned out on it in 2 days!

I have no real idea of what I'm doing but I seem to be progressing. There's always *something* to do. Though I seem to have hit some sort of equilibrium when I quit (nothing much new happening - just chasing away (or, actually, beating senseless) the bat thing and the seed eating thing and dealing with fights all the time). I'm trying to plant everything that I can and I just finished fixing up the place after I got more land.

I don't really want to spoil anything for myself either, but I do have one question that might save me some trouble later. Is there another expansion to be had? It seems from the surrounding terrain that there might be room for one more (still a rim of hard soil and junk, though smaller than the last expansion). I'd hold off on a few things until that happens if so. Otherwise I might do some selling/remodeling now.

One more very minor spoilish question, but one that will just give me a handle on the size of this game: how many total pinatas are there?

I'm purposely not reading back in this thread or any FAQ's so that I don't see more than I want.

[quote name='io']OK, guys, hopefully some of you are still playing this. I broke this out for the kids and after helping both my older son and my daughter start their own games I sat down late Friday night and started my own. I had to force myself to stop after several hours ;). Fortunately my youngest son is content to watch his siblings and me play. I couldn't possibly handle helping all of them with their games AND doing my own :lol:. I may have to let the other two go off on their own from now on as it is - I don't want to get burned out on it in 2 days!

I have no real idea of what I'm doing but I seem to be progressing. There's always *something* to do. Though I seem to have hit some sort of equilibrium when I quit (nothing much new happening - just chasing away (or, actually, beating senseless) the bat thing and the seed eating thing and dealing with fights all the time). I'm trying to plant everything that I can and I just finished fixing up the place after I got more land.

I don't really want to spoil anything for myself either, but I do have one question that might save me some trouble later. Is there another expansion to be had? It seems from the surrounding terrain that there might be room for one more (still a rim of hard soil and junk, though smaller than the last expansion). I'd hold off on a few things until that happens if so. Otherwise I might do some selling/remodeling now.

One more very minor spoilish question, but one that will just give me a handle on the size of this game: how many total pinatas are there?

I'm purposely not reading back in this thread or any FAQ's so that I don't see more than I want.[/quote]

First, with the Sour Sherbat, you have to tame it by
feeding it a Jack-o-Lantern, which you have to grow a pumpkin, then have Bart tinker it

As for the land size, I believe your garden will grow until you reach an edge that has no more junk left.

Also, there are a total of 60 species of Pinata, but you have the possibility of having more in the game Encyclopedia, because of Sour pinata and the variants of the Flutterscotches being shown as a seperate species.

[quote name='io']OK, guys, hopefully some of you are still playing this. I broke this out for the kids and after helping both my older son and my daughter start their own games I sat down late Friday night and started my own. I had to force myself to stop after several hours ;). Fortunately my youngest son is content to watch his siblings and me play. I couldn't possibly handle helping all of them with their games AND doing my own :lol:. I may have to let the other two go off on their own from now on as it is - I don't want to get burned out on it in 2 days!

I'm purposely not reading back in this thread or any FAQ's so that I don't see more than I want.[/quote]

Your Garden expands two times.

[quote name='life.exe']Your Garden expands two times.[/QUOTE]

Thanks - I poked around in the journal and found that there was at least one more expansion as there were still lots of red X's and it explicitly says in the game that these are for areas you don't have yet ;).

mrcheapo11 - I actually did the jack-o-lantern thing earlier and got the Sherbat. I found the Flutterscotch thing by accident (I had heard you could feed different things for color variations but didn't realize the butterflies changed into different "species" via the same method).

For whatever reason, I seem to have had a complete end to the fighting in my garden - makes the game much more enjoyable. I guess I just got lucky with a combo of creatures that get along. My son, on the other hand, has nothing but fight after fight to deal with :lol:.

I literally get a friend request or two every week from Viva Pinata people asking my brother for his Tafly. It apparently has the most value in the world and it is a Wildcard.

[quote name='nyprimus4']I literally get a friend request or two every week from Viva Pinata people asking my brother for his Tafly. It apparently has the most value in the world and it is a Wildcard.[/quote]

That's cool how he has a wildcard-- make sure he doesn't give it up easily. I tried for a wildcard Galagoogoo, and stopped before I even reached 100...

I have not played this game in months, and I did really like it at the time.

But I could never get past like level 10 and I hardly get any achievements in at all so I am thinking about starting all over.

Would that be a good idea, I would keep my money or something right.

[quote name='Logg']I have not played this game in months, and I did really like it at the time.

But I could never get past like level 10 and I hardly get any achievements in at all so I am thinking about starting all over.

Would that be a good idea, I would keep my money or something right.[/quote]

You can start a new garden with all your same levels and amount of space and stats and achievements but on a new plot of land. You should definitely play past level 10... I got to 50+ before I finally got bored and it was fun as hell (and worth about 800 achievement points).

[quote name='nyprimus4']I literally get a friend request or two every week from Viva Pinata people asking my brother for his Tafly. It apparently has the most value in the world and it is a Wildcard.[/QUOTE]

Explain?? What is this wildcard thing? I keep getting rid of my Taflys :lol:.

[quote name='io']Explain?? What is this wildcard thing? I keep getting rid of my Taflys :lol:.[/quote]

It's perfectly fine to get rid of your Taflies, so don't worry about that. But, on rare occassions when you romance two Pinata the Pinata that is hatched will be a wildcard. These wildcards have some physical difference from normal Pinata, and they have a base value that is ten times the normal value. The chances are supposed to be 1 in 1,000 of getting one, and if you do hatch one, then a message will pop up from Leafos congratulating you. Here is a page with all the wildcards discovered so far: http://pinataisland.info/index.php?title=Wildcard . Beware, as it may spoil some things for you.

Cool I didn't know about the wildcard thing either. I've had this game sitting around since I got it for 18$ CDN on sale 2 months ago, but suddenly today I finally had a sudden urge to play this game so I opened it and put it in...and right from the start I was hooked! This game is so great, it brings back gaming feelings that is similar to when I was in like grade 5.

Right now I played around 2 hours straight and I've kinda gotten going. I have one of those fox guys, 1 rabbit, 2 mice, 2 taflys, 3 sparrowmints, a ton of worms, one(almost 2) chipmunks, and thats it. Then I got 3 trees, a sparrow house, and a worm house, small pond, couple shop items, and some flowers and stuff. Next I wanna make a bigger pond and hopefully get ducks or something. It's fun just discovering new buildings/pinatas in this game. I had one fight only so far. I ended up just killing my snakes cause they kept eating everything and I also got sick of those racoon hogs, so they became candy too xD.

Any suggestions on how to make money though? So far when I was low I'd just romance sparrows or worms and sell em lol. Oh ya and also, which item acts as a light? I need one for some kind of moths always flying around...

Oh ya one more question on your brothers wildcard pinata, what if it gets EATEN? lol...that would be quite frustrating. But if he does get rid of it, could he actually sell it for real cash?

Wow. I don't think I've ever been this addicted to a game (except for GTA: SA)! So much to do, and so many different variants to try for.

I put in about 10 hours over this past weekend. I have one of my Buzzlegums making honey now, but how do I collect it to feed it to other pinatas, or turn it into medicine? I can see the honey coming out of the Buzzlegum house, but I'm not sure how to collect it.

Thanks!

Oh, one more question: do the happy candies make your pinata more valuable (ie- if you get them "overjoyed")?

I tried for a wild card Raisant for a while and gave up, no one had discovered it at the time, looks like it just recently happened.. They are quick and easy to breed, but it gets so damn boring after a while.

Spades-- Unless you have orchids as Costalots, just buy and plant a ton of Chili seeds, then fertilize them with red fertilizer(unless you can get the special mix from Ivor) and you can fertilize 9 with one shake to be a Cheap Ass Gardener. Also, first them 3 times, so they grow as big as possible and make sure you water them. They grow quickly, and when they fully grow, just sell all of them.
Also, for a light, I used the moon on a stick, but I also think the torches(Firebrand) work as well, or even the glow rocks.
shieryda-- I never actually harvested Honey, but I think if you select the house /hive, or whatever it is, I think you might be able to press X, then a menu will come up and the honey thing should be there. I am only guessing though, but that is what would make sense.
To get honey made into Medicine, have Bart come and tinker it.
Also, I am pretty sure Pinata become more valuable when they are completely overjoyed.

ya thats actually what I figured out myself lol, gardening chili. BUT, also romancing the mice and the sqazzile or squirrels is great as well. The squirrels especially cause I put blockberry trees in front of their house and I can sell the squirrels for 1000 each time :D. But ya I've been doing the chili thing, selling mice, and squirrels as well. Worms aren't worth it really anymore. I haven't used fertilizer for the chili though...I'll have to try that, how much more do they sell for?

Animals like the frogs and foxes though I usually don't bother with. Romance requirements are to eat another species...so really it's too much work unless you really like the pinata i guess.

And i just got my first expansion too. Made a moth house cause they're easy to romance and sell for pretty good $, and now I'm aiming at getting quacks or ducks into my garden and badgers as well (the first newtguy came in just now).

[quote name='Spades22']ya thats actually what I figured out myself lol, gardening chili. BUT, also romancing the mice and the sqazzile or squirrels is great as well. The squirrels especially cause I put blockberry trees in front of their house and I can sell the squirrels for 1000 each time :D. But ya I've been doing the chili thing, selling mice, and squirrels as well. Worms aren't worth it really anymore. I haven't used fertilizer for the chili though...I'll have to try that, how much more do they sell for?

Animals like the frogs and foxes though I usually don't bother with. Romance requirements are to eat another species...so really it's too much work unless you really like the pinata i guess.

And i just got my first expansion too. Made a moth house cause they're easy to romance and sell for pretty good $, and now I'm aiming at getting quacks or ducks into my garden and badgers as well (the first newtguy came in just now).[/quote]

Being fertilizer 3 times, the Chili sells for 400 chocolate coins, 4 times the unfertilized amount. Also, the romance requirements aren't bad if you just have atleast 2 of the species, then feed them romance candy from Costalots, it makes them able to romance right away.

You know, I was going to do all this without a FAQ, but IMO it just ends up getting frustrating that way. For example, I was trying to get the Master Romancer award in a couple species. I had it for the Worms and it didn't seem like I made that many, so I thought I'd try for the Rabbits. Well, after making about 16 of them I gave up and looked on a FAQ, hoping to find out the number needed for each species. It turns out you only need
7 of them AT ONE TIME
for the MR award! D'oh! Of course, since my garden is full I kept making new ones and then selling them so I could make more new ones :roll:. I thought it was just some total number I had to make! I thought, well, they "breed like rabbits" so I must have to make 20 or 30 or something to trigger the award for them :lol:. The only good thing about it was that finding out it is only
7 for each species
makes that MUCH easier than I thought it was going to be, so I actually have a shot at doing that with most of the pinatas I have.

shieryda - funny, I put about 10 hours myself into it this weekend as well. It was kind of bad, because I had a REAL garden that needed taken care of and I neglected it! I was supposed to plant real sunflowers, tomatoes and chilis and mow the lawn :lol:.

[quote name='io']You know, I was going to do all this without a FAQ, but IMO it just ends up getting frustrating that way. For example, I was trying to get the Master Romancer award in a couple species. I had it for the Worms and it didn't seem like I made that many, so I thought I'd try for the Rabbits. Well, after making about 16 of them I gave up and looked on a FAQ, hoping to find out the number needed for each species. It turns out you only need
7 of them AT ONE TIME
for the MR award! D'oh! Of course, since my garden is full I kept making new ones and then selling them so I could make more new ones :roll:. I thought it was just some total number I had to make! I thought, well, they "breed like rabbits" so I must have to make 20 or 30 or something to trigger the award for them :lol:. The only good thing about it was that finding out it is only
7 for each species
makes that MUCH easier than I thought it was going to be, so I actually have a shot at doing that with most of the pinatas I have.

shieryda - funny, I put about 10 hours myself into it this weekend as well. It was kind of bad, because I had a REAL garden that needed taken care of and I neglected it! I was supposed to plant real sunflowers, tomatoes and chilis and mow the lawn :lol:.[/quote]

Yes, you have to have 7 of the species at one time, but for each additional one you have in your garden, you have one less life in the romance minigame, making it hard sometimes when you have only 1 life(the minimum). However, the whole romance part can be avoided if you don't feel like romancing, you can just have the hunter catch the one you needed and as many as you want(one at a time though).

ooh ya just saw those candies. It's really a pain always having those stupid foxes and fudgehogs and snakes coming in and eating my rabbits/mice/worms. Snakes and foxes are the main annoyances...I had 5 mice at one point but they just keep coming and now I'm down to ONE mouse and NO rabbits lol. All I have now is like 5 worms, 3 sparrowmints, 2 of these butterfly things that start with an f, 1 mouse, 1 newt, 2 buzzlegums, 2 squirrels aaaand...ya. But the candy idea is a good one and the hunter thing as well. I want to get that deer prancing around out there but im not sure how either (and the badger as well...I thought having a newt around would make it appear).

Do you guys have more than one garden? Is it actually helpful at all or can you beat the game just fine with having only one garden?

Only thing I don't like is those stupid foxes and snakes that eat all my pinata guys! Maybe I can like cage off the animals they eat or .. even just get 2 of each and have them run around so no more wild ones come in.

[quote name='Spades22']ooh ya just saw those candies. It's really a pain always having those stupid foxes and fudgehogs and snakes coming in and eating my rabbits/mice/worms. Snakes and foxes are the main annoyances...I had 5 mice at one point but they just keep coming and now I'm down to ONE mouse and NO rabbits lol. All I have now is like 5 worms, 3 sparrowmints, 2 of these butterfly things that start with an f, 1 mouse, 1 newt, 2 buzzlegums, 2 squirrels aaaand...ya. But the candy idea is a good one and the hunter thing as well. I want to get that deer prancing around out there but im not sure how either (and the badger as well...I thought having a newt around would make it appear).

Do you guys have more than one garden? Is it actually helpful at all or can you beat the game just fine with having only one garden?

Only thing I don't like is those stupid foxes and snakes that eat all my pinata guys! Maybe I can like cage off the animals they eat or .. even just get 2 of each and have them run around so no more wild ones come in.[/quote]

There really is no "beating the game", its an everlasting game.

[quote name='Spades22']ooh ya just saw those candies. It's really a pain always having those stupid foxes and fudgehogs and snakes coming in and eating my rabbits/mice/worms. Snakes and foxes are the main annoyances...I had 5 mice at one point but they just keep coming and now I'm down to ONE mouse and NO rabbits lol. All I have now is like 5 worms, 3 sparrowmints, 2 of these butterfly things that start with an f, 1 mouse, 1 newt, 2 buzzlegums, 2 squirrels aaaand...ya. But the candy idea is a good one and the hunter thing as well. I want to get that deer prancing around out there but im not sure how either (and the badger as well...I thought having a newt around would make it appear).

Only thing I don't like is those stupid foxes and snakes that eat all my pinata guys! Maybe I can like cage off the animals they eat or .. even just get 2 of each and have them run around so no more wild ones come in.[/quote]

I have more than one garden, but I started out with only having one for the longest time. I started to make others when I wanted a seperate garden to make chocolate coins, so the chilis wouldn't fill up my other garden. Then I started to make others to get other Pinata, like the chippopatomus who needs liek a ton of water, so I made a special one for that. So, it is fione to start with one garden, but ends up being easier having additional gardens later on.
For the foxes and snakes, you can just get two and cage them, or if possible get rid of what they need to even enter your garden. You can also get two, then put two of the species in a crate for the post office, so they don't wander around at all. A crate is only 1 chocolate coin, and you don't have to send it to anyone.

hey that's a good idea! Gonna look ugly, but I might as well try it. Haven't experienced this post office thing...they won't come and take the crates suddenly will they? Also when you tame sour pinatas do they actually stay in your garden and help with stuff or how does that work? I read they stay out for good if you can tame it or something...

And by beat I mean like getting the highest level where they give you upgrades, getting all the achievements, seeing all the pinatas, etc.

[quote name='Spades22']hey that's a good idea! Gonna look ugly, but I might as well try it. Haven't experienced this post office thing...they won't come and take the crates suddenly will they? Also when you tame sour pinatas do they actually stay in your garden and help with stuff or how does that work? I read they stay out for good if you can tame it or something...

And by beat I mean like getting the highest level where they give you upgrades, getting all the achievements, seeing all the pinatas, etc.[/quote]

No, no, no, the crate will not leave unless you personally send it.
When you tame sour pinata they do stay in your garden and can help with somethings. I don't remember them all, but when they are tamed, they each can do something special. The tamed become like a normal pinata you can sell or do whatever you want with it. And, when you tame it, you get a piece of the Tour of Sour, this piece, when turned on will keep out that sour Pinata, but you can choose to turn it off, and they can come back in.

Awesome! I'll have to figure that out...read some online guides :p. I haven't used any yet...but I think it would be more fun if I actually knew the requirements to get that huge horse I saw a glimpse of before, that big deer, badgesicle, and ducks. I finally managed to get my rabbits and mice back so right now I'm working on getting 2 snakes and 2 foxes. Is the postman guy the last one you get? I have one leaf available yet, and in the ones I have I haven't seen any postman kinda person. If it is I'll just fence em in for now :p

[quote name='Spades22']hey that's a good idea! Gonna look ugly, but I might as well try it. Haven't experienced this post office thing...they won't come and take the crates suddenly will they? Also when you tame sour pinatas do they actually stay in your garden and help with stuff or how does that work? I read they stay out for good if you can tame it or something...

And by beat I mean like getting the highest level where they give you upgrades, getting all the achievements, seeing all the pinatas, etc.[/quote]
Oh well, ummm. I got everything in like 20 hours I believe. Only thing I have left is the 50 hour achievement.

[quote name='Spades22']...I think it would be more fun if I actually knew the requirements to get that huge horse I saw a glimpse of before, that big deer, badgesicle, and ducks.[/quote]

If you see a pinata outside your garden, I'm pretty sure you can just check your journal to see what it takes to make them visit.

Pinata Central keeps sending me tasks (crate up "X" number of animals), but I never have the number that they want!:bomb: My time always runs out before I can get the proper number to become residents and crate them up.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']If you see a pinata outside your garden, I'm pretty sure you can just check your journal to see what it takes to make them visit.[/quote]

lol seriously? I've been moving slow cause I didnt know you could evolve pinatas, get diff colors of some of them, buy pinatas from the shop and get achievements with em, tame sours...ya to enjoy this game to anyone I'd definitely recommend at least reading some guides just on how to do stuff they don't show/tell you how to do in game. Otherwise you'll be spending half the time just walking sours and wild pinata with your shovel xD

I had saved up lots of coins and just bought the whole sour tour because I was tired of paying for doctor bills from the sherbat's visits.

my bees and ants won't get along at all - is there a way to remedy this? I love the little ant guys and I want the bees to make me some honey (if they do this?).

[quote name='velvet396']I had saved up lots of coins and just bought the whole sour tour because I was tired of paying for doctor bills from the sherbat's visits.

my bees and ants won't get along at all - is there a way to remedy this? I love the little ant guys and I want the bees to make me some honey (if they do this?).[/quote]

Yeah, I just figured out how to get the honey made. Next, I'll be making some medicine for my pinatas!:bouncy:

[quote name='velvet396']

my bees and ants won't get along at all - is there a way to remedy this? I love the little ant guys and I want the bees to make me some honey (if they do this?).[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem - I solved it by just selling any ants that come in ;). I *was* getting honey but for some reason they've stopped.

You need to
build a honey hive (special building from Willy - not this is not the same as the buzzlegum house) and then give your bees the beekeeper hat (accessory from Petula or whatever her name is). Honey jars will end up laying all around your honey hive

[quote name='io']I have the same problem - I solved it by just selling any ants that come in ;). I *was* getting honey but for some reason they've stopped.

You need to
build a honey hive (special building from Willy - not this is not the same as the buzzlegum house) and then give your bees the beekeeper hat (accessory from Petula or whatever her name is). Honey jars will end up laying all around your honey hive
.[/quote]

That's what I was confused about before I discovered that the 2
are completely separate structures!

I can't wait to play some more tonight!!!

Ya I started making honey too :p I get around 500$ a day (so 5 jars of honey) and right now I'm trying to tame the crowla so I made medicine and also trying to train sherbats, but they don't eat the stinkin jackolanterns and I have 5 lying around my garden lol.

I keep running out of pinata room though (I took 2 foxes and 2 snakes so they wouldnt eat my rabbits/mice). Right now I'm just trying to get the master romancer award for 5 species so I can tame that other sour pinata when it comes. So far I have it for the mice, sparrowmints, and whirms...going for the rabbits next then probably the bees or squirrels. It would sure take a long time to get ALL the awards in this game (which I probably won't end up doing..but who knows).

Making more progress now and having more fun too. I'm just aiming at getting every species to reside in my garden at least once so they're on the hunting list, then I maybe get the master romance for some, then once thats done I sell all of those remaining and just keep 2 of each species I like. For some reason the Raisants (are these the ants?) don't enter my garden though...

For the post office challenges, what do you actually receieve for completing them? Coins?

Oh ya, and I kept paying the beggar...and I recommend everyone else does too :p

^^^ I'm doing pretty much exactly what you are doing, except I've already got the MR for the Rabbits, Squirrels, and Worms. Will be doing the Canaries and a Badgesicles next I think.

I also just got the beggar thing done last night right before I stopped ;).

But like you I want to get one of each so they are on the list then work out what I like best (plus the 5 MR deal). I just had my first new one show up in quite a while - a Beaver (called a Sweetooth).

I don't think there's any way I could ever do 100% of the awards, though with the MR requirements being much easier than I first thought it isn't out of the realm of possibility. But don't forget all the awards for plant growth too (using fertilizer 3 times as they grow)!

Does anyone know where to get mushrooms? Like an idiot I kept planting toadstools to get the Profitamole to join and kept having my pinatas eat them and get sick (even when they were fenced in, though that slowed it a bit ;)). Then I realized it says "mushrooms" and not "toadstools" for his requirements. I guess I just figured they were one and the same. I don't have an option to buy mushrooms anywhere, though, as far as I can see.

And now I've got the Sour Macaroon that will eat my eggs, so I've got to figure out how to deal with him too before I do too much more romancing...

Edit - NVM, just looked at a FAQ. Mushrooms
can be made by "tinkering" toadstools
. Do the pinatas still try to eat mushrooms though and get sick and all that? I think you still need to get the mole to eat something else too, so the mushrooms need to stick around for a while.

Cool I want to get the beaver yet...I was surprised to see a MASSIVE horse in the distance for only like 5 seconds (It was like 4 times the size of the deer). But what are canaries? Are they an evolved form of something cause I haven't even heard of them o_O

And I just got my two Badgesicles (Though it made me mad after the first one ate my long time newtgat which I named Newton :() I'm basically just going for the easiest 5 to get the MR thing. For some reason though I haven't had a fight for a long time and I have all the animals that hate each other roaming together cause I was too lazy to fence them in. Think I've only had 2 fights ALL game :O

I want the mole guy too...it's crazy that there is still like 50 pinatas that I haven't even seen yet lol

and btw whats the pile of leaves for? ...and uh...why are squirrels almost just as big as foxes lol

^^^^ Feed a buttercup flower to a Sparrowmint ;).

Also,
catch your Taffly's on fire (send them to the torch) and then douse them with water

Tafflies are a completely differnt species when they are burned into Redhotts. Same with Sparrowmints to Candaries. Also, if you have seven of each you could just do the thing that makes them evolve to each one to have the Master Romancer thing. Also, Tafflies go from being worth 600 as themselves to 2100 as Redhotts.

Heh heh, I was a little more "clever" when I went for the master romancer for some species.
To get the master romancer for the Pinata that could be bought, I just went and bought 7 in my garden. Then get the award, and sell them back, only losing a few hundred chocolate coins. So, I got the master romancer award without even ever romancing the Pinata.

bread's done
Back