Viva Piñata - General Discussion & Piñata Trading - Demo Out Now

The next time I am going to play this I think I'm going to start a couple new gardens, maybe one with a giant pond and one with all tall grass or something. If I can attract different pinata to those gardens and they become members of those new gardens do they still count towards the overall goal of converting 50 different pinata to your garden? Or does that have to all be in one garden at once?

My interest fell a little bit after I got some other games...but I'm sure I'll be back into it in a couple of months lol

[quote name='cgarb84']The next time I am going to play this I think I'm going to start a couple new gardens, maybe one with a giant pond and one with all tall grass or something. If I can attract different pinata to those gardens and they become members of those new gardens do they still count towards the overall goal of converting 50 different pinata to your garden? Or does that have to all be in one garden at once?[/quote]

Aslong as you are under your gamertag, all of your gardens are connected. Coins, Pinata, etc. are all shared.

I played the demo for over 2 hours and I have to say I love this game. Next time it goes on sale I'm definitely going to have to pick it up.

I picked it up when Target dipped it to $19 briefly a month or so ago after having it out on gameznflix for a long time. I would definitely expect a sale on this again as I still see collector's edition tins that I'm sure retailers are itching to move out.

I finally got all the pinata the other day. And I have all the achievements except for the 50 hour deal. I have no idea how long I've played so I'm not sure how much is left on that!

I was looking at wikipedia and for Viva Pinata it has the following:

Lastly, players can use the Xbox Live Marketplace to download several Viva Piñata related items. These include accessory packs and an interactive video which acts as a brief tutorial for the game. During the video, the user can decide which piñata they'd like to walk them through the features of the game. Xbox Live members can also download several episodes of the television series from the Xbox Live Marketplace, with the precise number available varying by locale. These episodes are available in both standard-definition and high-definition for no charge.

Is any of this true? I've never checked for DLC for VP. As for the episodes, it seems 2 were added just a few weeks ago but there was nothing before that. And neither of them was available in HD. What is all this they are talking about? Were they up before and then removed? My kids would LOVE to have more episodes to watch!

(Edit - I found some other sites that mention the 2 Viva Pinata episodes that I found last week. I thought they were new downloads. I'm pretty sure they were in the New Arrivals section in fact, which is why I noticed them. However, it seems maybe they have been there for a while. In any case, there's only 2 so where is the wiki getting "several" and the high-def stuff?)

Edit #2 - OK, I see the accessory packs (for 90 points - meh, forget it) and the two same clips from the video marketplace available under downloads for the VP game itself. And under the game they are offered in HD - I'm grabbing those now. Funny thing is they are the same size as the "SD" clips I downloaded before.

bread's done
Back