Viva Piñata - General Discussion & Piñata Trading - Demo Out Now

hey thats a good idea :p. But I'll have to try this method with Tafflies for sure. So I could like get 7 tafflies, get the MR award, change them all to Redhotts, and get ANOTHER MR award? That's a lot...2100 each o_O.

After I get the MR award the mission is to get the DEER. Once you went further in the game, did you eventually like completely get rid of your mice/worms/rabbits/other low lvl pinata to make room for higher lvled ones? Or just start a new garden?

Played a crapload Monday night. Got the Beaver (Sweetooth), the Profitamole (tamed the sour) the Macaracoon (again, tamed the Sour one). Now I seem to be having trouble with basic, simple flowers. I'm trying to get a stupid yellow flutterscotch and convert sparrowmints to candaries. It used to be easy to get them to eat buttercups, but now it seems impossible (they always destroy the flower and don't get anything to eat).

It has also been highly annoying in that several of my pinatas have gone missing and I didn't have any fights or any "alert" noises from Sours. Also, plants are up and disappearing left and right. Again, highly annoying. I watched some disappear right in front of me!

Not sure what is going on.

I am trying to tame the Crocodile thing, and get the Doenut and Buzzenge to join up. Hit like 4 or 5 achievements tonight without even trying - most seem to happen just during the course of play, though I still have 22 to go (got 28/50 so far).

How do you pay the beggar? Do you just highlight him and do a conversation? He kept talking to me when he first appeared, but I'm not sure how to give him coins.

Also, I've been trying to douse my sparromints and moths when they catch on fire, but haven't been able to do it while they're flitting around. Do you have to wait until they land? It seems like when they land, the flames go out.

I tamed a sour Crowla, and he apparently made a cocoon. I tried looking for it, but can't find it. Will his newly-transformed pinata make an appearance soon?

lol how do you guys tame those sours anyway? I managed to somehow tame the snail and it just happened...I didnt even lay out an apple seed, actually I didnt even know I HAD apple seeds.

I've layed about 6 Jackolanterns around my garden for the bat, and about 5 bottles of medicine + a bird bath for the crowla. Why don't they eat it!! I even keep putting it right in front of their face when they enter lol

[quote name='Spades22']lol how do you guys tame those sours anyway? I managed to somehow tame the snail and it just happened...I didnt even lay out an apple seed, actually I didnt even know I HAD apple seeds.

I've layed about 6 Jackolanterns around my garden for the bat, and about 5 bottles of medicine + a bird bath for the crowla. Why don't they eat it!! I even keep putting it right in front of their face when they enter lol[/quote]

I'm having trouble with the bat, too.

I put the medicine in front of the crowla twice, and I guess he finally drank it while I was off tending to something else. That's the cocoon I have, but I can't seem to find it. I hope nobody broke/ate that shit!

[quote name='Spades22']hey thats a good idea :p. But I'll have to try this method with Tafflies for sure. So I could like get 7 tafflies, get the MR award, change them all to Redhotts, and get ANOTHER MR award? That's a lot...2100 each o_O.

After I get the MR award the mission is to get the DEER. Once you went further in the game, did you eventually like completely get rid of your mice/worms/rabbits/other low lvl pinata to make room for higher lvled ones? Or just start a new garden?[/quote]

Yes, you will get another MR award, but you will have to atleast romance two for the Romancer award. 2,100 isn't too much once you get real far, I have like over 200,000 from romancing and selling Galagoogoos (worth 4,500 each)

Once I got further, I just kept my Whirlms and sparrowmints, but got rid of the others(like the mice, because the mice would just keep attracting annoying snakes). I also just started to make new gardens, a seperate one for my Chewnicorns and another for Galagoogoos. I also have one garden with elephants,
pigxies
, and the hippos, because of their ridiculous needs.

shieryda-- You might of to highlight and bring up the menu for him(by pressing X), but I'm not sure. And when your sparrowmints and mothdrops are on fire and you can't put them out, you don't have to bother if they just cool off right away. The Tafly is the only one that evolves like that.

[quote name='shieryda']How do you pay the beggar? Do you just highlight him and do a conversation? He kept talking to me when he first appeared, but I'm not sure how to give him coins.

Also, I've been trying to douse my sparromints and moths when they catch on fire, but haven't been able to do it while they're flitting around. Do you have to wait until they land? It seems like when they land, the flames go out.

I tamed a sour Crowla, and he apparently made a cocoon. I tried looking for it, but can't find it. Will his newly-transformed pinata make an appearance soon?[/QUOTE]

Select him and then the "B" button says "Give". It is the same for the Ruffians when you can bribe them to leave. They are getting annoying too (they keep puking in my ponds and filling them in - gross!).

There's really no need to douse the things that catch fire (except the flies). I did that at first and the realized it was a waste of time. It is a pain to do anything when they are flying. I'm having a hell of a hard time getting my Candaries to mate because they are always flying around. I want to get that MR done and then get rid of the bastards ;).

I've had good luck taming sours by putting what they want right in front of them. HOWEVER, I have noticed that they tend to walk right over it and past it, but if I wait a bit, they will often turn around and go back to it. So if you are impatient (as I was at first) and keep grabbing the thing and moving it in front of them, they may never eat it.

yeah. Just sit whatever the sour needs in your garden. They will eventually find it.

As for the beggar:
give him 1000 coins

Level 108 here. Loved every minute of it. Hopefully they are working on some substantial DLC.

I've been keeping up with this thread, but I can't bring myself to put the game in. I've had it since launch and played it for about a month, but there's something about this game that makes me completely oblivious of time. Next thing I know after I put the controller down, it's four hours later.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I've been keeping up with this thread, but I can't bring myself to put the game in. I've had it since launch and played it for about a month, but there's something about this game that makes me completely oblivious of time. Next thing I know after I put the controller down, it's four hours later.[/quote]
Ya...no kidding....put it in at 10PM, thought it was 11PM later, find out its 2 AM lol

I finally managed to tame the Sherbat and also the Crowla. I was shocked at what the sherbat turned into when tamed haha, called him Herby :p. (you know...sHERBat ;))

Also I read up more and found I needed to be lvl 15 to get the Crowla visit, but I was lvl 14. Right when I turned 15 I got a Crowla and he ate one of my 5-8 medicines right away :D. He looks pretty neat when tamed. Hard to get 7 tafflies though...the frogs and snakes keep coming and eating them :(

[quote name='shieryda']Damn, that beggar is a greedy bastard! Is there a real benefit from giving him all those coins?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Just do it and see.

I want to tame the Crowla but I don't have any medicine. Where do you buy medicine at?

Oh and I agree with everyone else, this game is awesome and completely addicting. I bought it a few weeks ago, I couldn't resist the $30 price point. I am having a blast with it so far. I really like the achievement points too. There seems to be a good mix of easy "get them as you play" achievements and some more challenging and thoughtful ones. IMO this is Rare's best game since Pefect Dark (or Donkey Kong, whichever came out last) for the N64.

[quote name='cgarb84']I want to tame the Crowla but I don't have any medicine. Where do you buy medicine at?[/quote]

Your buzzlegums will make honey for you, which you can then "tinker" into medicine. You can either buy the beekeeper hat and honey hive (which is necessary for honey production), or you can feed them daisies and send them to the hive.

[quote name='cgarb84']

Oh and I agree with everyone else, this game is awesome and completely addicting. I bought it a few weeks ago, I couldn't resist the $30 price point. I am having a blast with it so far. I really like the achievement points too. There seems to be a good mix of easy "get them as you play" achievements and some more challenging and thoughtful ones. IMO this is Rare's best game since Pefect Dark (or Donkey Kong, whichever came out last) for the N64.[/quote]

Yep I agree, best game made by RARE for me since Donkey Kong 64. Kameo is pretty great too in my opinion.

[quote name='Corvin']or you could just buy honey and tinker it into medicine. I don't believe I ever made honey once.[/quote]

That would have saved me some time, had I known this earlier...

lol is medicine only good for taming that one pinata?

I got a question though...at the beginning of the game all my trees were making hazelnuts/fruits and stuff, now they all make nothing. I haven't had a single fruit or anything produced from any of my trees for a long time. I even cut down a lot of them and planted new ones, but even those don't produce anything! Anyone know what I have to do here?

[quote name='Spades22']lol is medicine only good for taming that one pinata?

I got a question though...at the beginning of the game all my trees were making hazelnuts/fruits and stuff, now they all make nothing. I haven't had a single fruit or anything produced from any of my trees for a long time. I even cut down a lot of them and planted new ones, but even those don't produce anything! Anyone know what I have to do here?[/quote]

Why are you chopping them?! You gotta sell that shit! I haven't figured out the fruit/days thing yet.

I had the same thing happen with my bushes and trees. It was my impression they get "old" and won't produce fruit any more. In particular I noticed my trees' leaves were turning brown. So I sold those and replanted and got more fruit. If you aren't getting fruit from a new plant it might be because it is too close to another plant. If that's the case, try removing one and see if the other starts producing.

I had a GIANT seed bouncing around the last time I played - it was a "mystery seed". I grew it (and used the special fertilizer - I would recommend using fertilizer for any plants, actually as they become much more productive plus there's an achievement in there I think ;)). It is by far the coolest looking tree in the game - a
gem tree

I also saw an egg sitting out in the open. I hadn't romanced anything recently and there it was just sitting there. Is this a glitch or is there a time (or reason) when this will happen? I played for a while after I saw it and it still hasn't hatched.

cool I gotta get myself one of those huge seeds :p. But ya I'll try planting them further away...even though theres like nothing around it (and I'll also try using fertilizer)

I finally just sold my mice too...for some reason the mice in this game always get stuck in some location lol. I got 3 really quick levels just from trying variants on the mice and tafflies cause I wanted to see how they looked...probably the easiest way to level up so far...

io -- Do you have a mine and miners? If you got that far, then the egg produces something incredible. However, to immeditately hatch an egg...
get a cluckles from Petula's Pets and send it to the egg

[quote name='Spades22']mine and miners? Where do you get those o_O[/quote]

The mine and miners come in around level 34 I think. It's SO worth getting them though.

ooh ok. Ya I'm not that far yet lol.

Just wondering though, I hired some watcher guy, just to see what he did, but now I want to get rid of him. I keep saying "Send Home" but he justs keeps coming back! "Sock" might work...but he didnt seem to leave either.

Oh and...has anyone been able to feed a taffly a poison ivy seed? I've tried so many times and I don't think its possible to get that variant lol

[quote name='mrcheapo11']io -- Do you have a mine and miners? If you got that far, then the egg produces something incredible. However, to immeditately hatch an egg...
get a cluckles from Petula's Pets and send it to the egg
[/QUOTE]

Why yes indeed, I do. In fact the egg is right in front of the mine, as was the
gem tree seed
. Dumb of me, I didn't make the connection :lol:. So it will hatch eventually by itself? I can buy a
chicken though, no problem

[quote name='Spades22']

Just wondering though, I hired some watcher guy, just to see what he did, but now I want to get rid of him. I keep saying "Send Home" but he justs keeps coming back! "Sock" might work...but he didnt seem to leave either.

[/quote]

I'm having a similar problem with the gatherling. I put my cursor on her but I can't tell her to leave me alone. She is annoying when I'm trying to feed certain fruit to certain pinatas, she keeps picking up the frickin fruit!!!

Does anyone know how to get bananas? I have the monkey in my garden now and want to get him ready to mate but I can't buy a banana tree seed or anything.

[quote name='cgarb84']
Does anyone know how to get bananas? I have the monkey in my garden now and want to get him ready to mate but I can't buy a banana tree seed or anything.[/QUOTE]

That's funny, because I planted a banana tree hoping it would attract a monkey, and I haven't seen one yet. I bought the banana tree seed from the store, but it was one of the latest ones that just became available.

To Fire the Gatherling/Watcher you need to do so from the same guy you hired them from. I can't remember the name off hand.

Do the watchers take up space that Pinatas would use? I'm having wierd problems in my garden and I don't know what's going on. I have a Candary ready to mate, but only occasionally do I see the heart. I can sell 3 or 4 pinatas and still, no heart (but if I check his info he's ready). Then I finally got another yellow flutterscotch made to get a second Candary ready. Well, when the Candary ate him he disappeared with the swirling effect like when a non-member of your garden dies. WTF? No candy came out and the candary that killed him did not get "credit" for it and still is not ready for Romancing. Very strange.

I got rid of a lot of stuff in my garden and it doesn't seem like it has much but when I try to buy things they are always telling me it is too full. It's almost like it got glitchy and it thinks things are there that really aren't. I may start up a new one just to try some different species and see how that goes. I spent a couple hours and, except for using fertilizer and gaining a few levels, got nothing accomplished (no Romancing, no new pinatas).

io - The
Cluckles thing
is the fastest thing to hatch any egg, so it would be easier to get one instead of waiting. As for the whole glitchy thing, I don't know, but it's probably worth a shot to fire some of your workers like watchlings, they seem to get annoying after a while too.

GamerChris - That would have been nice to know, I always got rid of my watchlings and stuff by bashing them several times with the shovel (like I do to Seedos every time he enters my garden).

[quote name='mrcheapo11']io - The
Cluckles thing
is the fastest thing to hatch any egg, so it would be easier to get one instead of waiting.[/QUOTE]

Oh don't worry - that's the first thing I did (so I forgot, I did get one new pinata ;)). As a bonus, you get an achievement for using
Cluckles ot hatch an egg - any egg I take it
. It's too bad you can't change the color of the thing from the egg though - seems like a variant of that would be pretty impressive. He's kind of plain compared to some of the others, actually.

I also had a sapphire pop up in front of me, presumably from the miner. Is there any use for this in the game? I sold if for a few grand...

If you get the egg from the mine, where you hatch will determine what color it will be. So you can set it down anywhere to determine color. You can only get one of these eggs per garden, so choose wisely. It is a
Dragonache
. They cannot be romanced or mailed to other people. You can send it away and have it return later though if you don't want it in your garden. After you get this egg, the mines are pretty pointless.

water = blue
grass = green
dirt = brown
etc...

[quote name='Corvin']If you get the egg from the mine, where you hatch will determine what color it will be. So you can set it down anywhere to determine color. You can only get one of these eggs per garden, so choose wisely. It is a
Dragonache
. They cannot be romanced or mailed to other people. You can send it away and have it return later though if you don't want it in your garden. After you get this egg, the mines are pretty pointless.

water = blue
grass = green
dirt = brown
etc...[/QUOTE]

Oh great, wish I had known that. I got the boring old brown one :cry:.
I was going to send it to my son, guess I can't do that.

However, that leads to my next question. I tried sending some stuff to my son. Now, he has a child account but we were able to play Aegis Wing online together so he seems able to get on (and the settings are set that way). We are both gold (though his expires at the end of May). However, I sent him 2 crates an hour ago and he is playing and we simply don't see them showing up in any way. We've looked in the post office, on other "leaves", anywhere we can think of. Is there a notice when they show up? Is it in the post office? All we can do there is buy a crate. He wanted to send me something but all he sees on his list is his own name! We checked his friends list and I'm on there, and he showed up as an option on mine (but maybe it went to a CAG instead? :lol:). Highly annoying, as there definitely seems to be some glitchiness there.

And the glitchiness in my garden continues - it keeps telling me it is full even when I get rid of lots of stuff.

[quote name='io']Oh great, wish I had known that. I got the boring old brown one :cry:.
I was going to send it to my son, guess I can't do that.

However, that leads to my next question. I tried sending some stuff to my son. Now, he has a child account but we were able to play Aegis Wing online together so he seems able to get on (and the settings are set that way). We are both gold (though his expires at the end of May). However, I sent him 2 crates an hour ago and he is playing and we simply don't see them showing up in any way. We've looked in the post office, on other "leaves", anywhere we can think of. Is there a notice when they show up? Is it in the post office? All we can do there is buy a crate. He wanted to send me something but all he sees on his list is his own name! We checked his friends list and I'm on there, and he showed up as an option on mine (but maybe it went to a CAG instead? :lol:). Highly annoying, as there definitely seems to be some glitchiness there.

And the glitchiness in my garden continues - it keeps telling me it is full even when I get rid of lots of stuff.[/quote]
Im not 100% sure, but I dont think Child accounts can recieve crates.

And on the Garden being full thing, that was very annoying for me aswell. I know there is something in the Journal or somewhere that shows you what is taking up the space in your garden. Alot of the Bigger Trees/Bigger Pinata take up alot of space. Like 2/3 squares per tree/pinata (You only get like 100 squares to fill up). So if you dont need some of the bigger things anymore, try getting rid of those. Its not a glitch, its just we dont get enough space for our gardens.

I was finally able to check out the Viva Pinata Official Strategy guide and I must say, I was impressed with the detailed info. I'll pick it up as soon as I can find a cheap copy.

[quote name='life.exe']Im not 100% sure, but I dont think Child accounts can recieve crates.
.[/QUOTE]

Dammit, that's stupid... You already control who's on their friends list (I had to enter my password to allow him to add myself :roll:).

Oh well. He *really* needs to get some stuff from me too. Here's another annoyance - why can't you send stuff to the other profiles on your very own 360? My daughter just has a normal profile (not on Live at all) and I can't send stuff to her either, of course. That's definitely something they should fix for any sequel. It makes total sense for people in one family to be able to share stuff without having Live be involved in any way. I've got my garden + 3 kids all with their own accounts playing the game!

As for the garden being full - perhaps you are right and it isn't a glitch. It just seemed that way when I would sell 3 or 4 pinata, get rid of some things, and it would STILL tell me that when all I wanted to do was add some small flower.

OK, you guys playing this and enjoying it made me start playing it again! I decided to go for the last 2 achievements I need for the game, and got one of them just like 2 days ago. It is still much fun now, and I was even able to get two pinatas I never got before, a Parrybo and Eaglair :D. I only have like one hour until I finally get the 50 hour achievement, and then I finally will have all 1,000 gamerpoints!

[quote name='mrcheapo11']OK, you guys playing this and enjoying it made me start playing it again! I decided to go for the last 2 achievements I need for the game, and got one of them just like 2 days ago. It is still much fun now, and I was even able to get two pinatas I never got before, a Parrybo and Eaglair :D. I only have like one hour until I finally get the 50 hour achievement, and then I finally will have all 1,000 gamerpoints![/QUOTE]

Just curious, besides the 50 hour thing, what are the last achievements I can expect to get? I think I'm at 28/50 now... Funny, I have the Parrybo and Eaglair hanging around outside my garden and I'm not nearly as far along as you. I'm trying to get that stupid Buzzenge to come back though, since I have a bunch of Candaries now. (He just refuses to show any more even though I meet the requirements).

[quote name='io']Just curious, besides the 50 hour thing, what are the last achievements I can expect to get? I think I'm at 28/50 now... Funny, I have the Parrybo and Eaglair hanging around outside my garden and I'm not nearly as far along as you. I'm trying to get that stupid Buzzenge to come back though, since I have a bunch of Candaries now. (He just refuses to show any more even though I meet the requirements).[/quote]

Well the last achievements I've gotten are
Master Romancer(get th MR award for 20 species), Variants Master(you already have it),Master Horticulturist(you already have it), Master Talent(reach level 50), Wealth Master(have 100,000 CC, took a while because I would always spend them), Master Collector(have made 50 different species resident), and there are others that you pretty much have to specifically go after. for me, these f\were Cocoadile Tears(send a Cocoadile to a plant -- preferably a flower-- and it will cry to make it get the bonus growth), Chewnicorn Healing(heal a sick Pinata by sending a Chewnicorn to it), Pinata Value Master(have a Pinata worth 10,000 CC, just mature your Dragonache), Master Evolver(get all 8 evolved Pinata), Pigxie Prize(get a Pigxie by romancing a Swanana and Rashberry when you have the mystery house), Sherbat Dance and Crowla Delay (send the specific Pinata to Dastardos when he comes to distract him), Mallowolf Howl(scare a Ruffian away by directing a Mallowolf to it), Macaracoon Gift(have a Macaracoon and at nighttime go into the menu with X, and select the romance candy in the upper right, then it will go looking for candy, and when it comes back with the candy, you will unlock the achievement).

Well that's pretty much it, and I noticed that you don't have the Helper Name Caller achievement, just go to any helper and name it like a regular Pinata.

[quote name='io'] Funny, I have the Parrybo and Eaglair hanging around outside my garden and I'm not nearly as far along as you. I'm trying to get that stupid Buzzenge to come back though, since I have a bunch of Candaries now. (He just refuses to show any more even though I meet the requirements).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's cool seeing who has what left because it all depends on how you build your garden. The Parrybo and the Chippo were the last two I needed for my garden.

The last 5 achievements for me were:
Garden Value Master
Crocadile Tears
Macaraccoon Gift
Mallowolf Howl
Longevity Master

Yes! I finally got the Longevity Master achievement! Woo.

As for the last Pinata I need, they are still the Doenut and Roario, and maybe the Arocknid, but I think I atleast have that. Doenuts are supposed to be easy to get, but I never got them :razz:

Seems like the flurry of activity in this thread died down...

I'm still going strong on the game though (thanks mostly to my youngest who makes me play it just about every night ;)). I'm nearly done with getting all the pinata and only have 5 achievements to go. I've also amassed a ton of coinage, so if anyone wants anything let me know (can special order just about any Pinata at this point except Roario and Chewnicorn).

For the 10,000 pinata value achievement I tried loading up my Elephant with accessories but only got him to just over 9000. Then he got sick and I couldn't select him for healing - very strange. I had to bash him :cry:. Hopefully the Roario will be worth more and can try once I get him. I know you can increase pinata values through the challenges but I haven't gotten a request for one of those in several hours. It seems like they are done with me. I was under the impression that these would continue indefinitely??

Both my older son and I are having problems with our Dragonaches. In both of our games we sent him away but when we ask to get him back the hunter says (paraphrasing) that we're idiots since it is already in our garden. WTF? It does show as taking space in my garden, but I definitely sent it away. My son also has an invisible Goobaa sleeping in his pond (we tried filling the pond to see if it appeared and then it was just underground). He can't select it, but it does show up when he puts his shovel over it (he just doesn't want to try killing it). This game is definitely not glitch-free, that's for sure :lol:.

I'm glad people are enjoying this game. It's such a great change of pace from Gears or something like that. I'm not terribly far along with my garden, but good to see people are still interested.

bread's done
Back