walmart: 3DS XL Legend of Zelda system $199.96 (price mistake?)

DANIEL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
walmart online add for 11/17 to 11/23 is showing the 3DS XL Legend of Zelda system for $199.96 only valid nov 22 & nov 23 

is this a price mistake?

[attachment=952:3ds.JPG]

Why can't you guys just simply wait til this deal actually starts to get a PM
Because it's a pain in the ass if you've already pre-ordered. I know how Best Buy works from past experience and if I wait to pick up my preorder, then they'll tell me they can't price adjust an in-store pickup and will tell me I have to return it and rebuy it. Except I can't return an online order the same day I pick it up OR if they do let me return it, then I'll still have to pay for the new item with $200 more dollars because the refund won't clear for a few days OR if I want to use the same giftcards, I probably can't because it takes the system some time to return the used funds ...

This is Best Buy, they make it a pain in the ass to pricematch ... so rather than waiting, I chose to be proactive. Of course, that didn't work, so now I've cancelled my preorder and will go do battle with customer service on launch day with a printout of the ad ... and I still don't have 100% confidence it will be an easy transaction ...

Why? Everyone is all about the hype train on CAG. Correct me if I'm wrong but this Zelda XL console is NOT a 'limited edition', just a normally produced system like the Zelda Wii U.
This is correct, though I believe the X and Y systems are the only ones to have the title "limited edition".

From Nintendo.com in regards to the Pikachu 3DS XL

Pokémon fans will get a jolt of excitement when Nintendo releases the Pikachu Edition Nintendo 3DS XLhand-held system on March 24. This bold yellow Nintendo 3DS XL hardware features a familiar outline of the iconic Pokémon. The system also comes packaged with a 4GB SD memory card and will be available while supplies last at a suggested retail price of $199.99.
I think it's a limited run, not rare like the pikachu one. I think it will just be around for the holiday season...?
They will probably make 1 run (however many that is) and it will sell out when it sells out. However, we will probably never know how many there actually are or which one is rarer, though I suspect it will be valuable regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:
do you think i can price match by email? i'm from south america so a call of 1 hour to the us is going to cost a lot :S

edit:skype works i'll try tomorrow.

edit 2: can't find the link can someone post it? thanks :)

Hmm, thinking about going to Target on Friday to price match, since I have a $10 off $100 Target coupon. That, plus 5% REDcard savings, will bring this to about $180. Not bad if it works. Does anyone know if they allow coupons with PM?

Hmm, thinking about going to Target on Friday to price match, since I have a $10 off $100 Target coupon. That, plus 5% REDcard savings, will bring this to about $180. Not bad if it works. Does anyone know if they allow coupons with PM?
I was thinking of doing the exact same thing as I just remembered I have that same coupon earlier this evening.

Target coupons no, but manufacture coupons work with pms. If the system will allow it I have no clue about, if get a CS that does not know policy.

Why? Everyone is all about the hype train on CAG. Correct me if I'm wrong but this Zelda XL console is NOT a 'limited edition', just a normally produced system like the Zelda Wii U.
The Zelda 3DS XL Set 'IS' Limited Edition.

http://www.zelda.com/link-between-worlds/

Nobody but Nintendo knows what that means. It could mean getting it in the bundle is limited and they'll sell the console separate later.

I was able to price match over the phone at BestBuy. 

The rep told me I could call back on Friday to get my other 3DS price adjusted once the actual sale kicks in.

how do you pm this at BBY? It doesn't come out till the 22nd, ca you pricematch a pre-order or something? Im gonna be in the area tomorrow and would like to PM this on a preorder if i can. To those that pmd how did you do it?

how do you pm this at BBY? It doesn't come out till the 22nd, ca you pricematch a pre-order or something? Im gonna be in the area tomorrow and would like to PM this on a preorder if i can. To those that pmd how did you do it?
You have to get lucky and get a rep who isn't very sharp with the policy, sometimes it takes a few tries. Most I've ever had to try was 5 times before I got a rep that would price match a preorder.

Fortunately, I got the PM on my first try with the 3DS.

You have to get lucky and get a rep who isn't very sharp with the policy, sometimes it takes a few tries. Most I've ever had to try was 5 times before I got a rep that would price match a preorder.

Fortunately, I got the PM on my first try with the 3DS.

did you try in store or the 800 number?

If i cant do this i wonder if i can preorder one then PM when i go to pick up the preorder... though im not sure if that would work since in store pickups are a pain in the ass and dont let you return rebuy or do any real adjustments

800 number.   If you preorder online at the normal price, you can call the 800 number Friday morning and get a Post Purchase PM.

So is it possible target may sell the Zelda 3DS XL at the 150$ price? That is certainly what happened with the Pikachu Model. If so, would it then be possible for others to price match? I have the Zelda model preordered for 25$ down at the moment with gamestop but uh, I would like to get it cheaper.

Hi,

Is this still live?
Anybody have the link?

Couldn't find it this morning.

What do you mean still live? It doesn't start until the 22nd.

Is there anyway to get newegg to PM this? At newegg, console + Shipping comes out to $230 for me (no tax), but if I bought this at walmart/BB (PM) it would cost me about $207 after tax (I happen to have $10 credit for both of those stores). I also wanted to know when newegg usually ships pre-orders, because worse-case scenario i'm hoping this deal goes live online @ midnight, so I can order at walmart and cancel newegg before it ships.

Hi,

Sorry, I meant is the link to the deal still alive.

I was having a tough time finding it on the site so I could cancel my order at GS and buy at BB.

So is it possible target may sell the Zelda 3DS XL at the 150$ price? That is certainly what happened with the Pikachu Model. If so, would it then be possible for others to price match? I have the Zelda model preordered for 25$ down at the moment with gamestop but uh, I would like to get it cheaper.
I believe the Pikachu model was the same MSRP as regular, and Target had a sale on *ALL* 3DS XL for $159 that week - it just happened that the Pikachu model came out the same week as the sale. So we got lucky. Especially with it being in the ad (easy price match at Wal-Mart).

Since this one is bundled with a game, and has a $20 higher MSRP than the standalone XL, it probably won't be part of the sale. However I could see possible "matching" opportunities (although with it being black Friday week, even that might be harder than normal). If it was a normal week, I'm sure with a few tries you could find one that would price match.

Ya, price matching it to the 150$ price is probably unlikely for those very reasons. Instead of going through the hassle of getting best buy to match walmarts price, can't we just preorder on walmart, and then the day of, just have them honor/refund the difference? Seems like getting bestbuy to lower the preorder price is a bit of a hassle.....and unlikely.

So some people over at slick deals managed to get a price match, others not for best buy.

I just got off the phone with best buy. They said since the item is a preorder they can't do a pricematch yet. I think I was talking to the wrong department honestly. They did tell me that I can bring the ad and do a price match no problem though. So I guess during the craziness that is black friday, I will do this. Makes it a pretty solid deal. I sold off my Zelda game code for $30 already. Makes the Zelda XL only $170, then buying the physical copy of Zelda.
. This is exactly what they told me. I think it had to do with the Walmart.com price still being regular price. I did pick up at store though, and the guy said I could just bring the ad in when I pick up and they'll do it then. So no biggie, I can wait ;p

. This is exactly what they told me. I think it had to do with the Walmart.com price still being regular price. I did pick up at store though, and the guy said I could just bring the ad in when I pick up and they'll do it then. So no biggie, I can wait ;p
ok cool then, I can just preorder it at the normal price on bestbuy, and just grab the ad from a local walmart ( i assume this is not a web only price/sale) and bring it over to bestbuy when I go to pick it up. The damn tax in my state is 13$ for this item after the discount, almost as much as the 20$ if I ordered it from a site that has free shipping and no sales tax collection and was willing to price matchg..... :/. 7 bucks is 7 Bucks I guess.

Is there anyway to get newegg to PM this? At newegg, console + Shipping comes out to $230 for me (no tax), but if I bought this at walmart/BB (PM) it would cost me about $207 after tax (I happen to have $10 credit for both of those stores). I also wanted to know when newegg usually ships pre-orders, because worse-case scenario i'm hoping this deal goes live online @ midnight, so I can order at walmart and cancel newegg before it ships.
Nope, the item does not have the Iron Egg guarantee(Newegg price match policy). Check your credit card features and see if they have something called price protection or some price match policy.

It took an hour to price match but they finally did it.  They kept saying that price matching can only happen at the time of purchase (yeah right) so I told them to cancel my old order and asked them to do another order over the phone.  

Does anyone know if it's normal practice for Walmart to sell hardware like this right at 12:01 a.m. on the date of release? I'm one of the few here that actually wants to pick it up from Walmart, rather than PM somewhere else because I have a load of Walmart gift cards.

I get the feeling that Walmart employees wouldn't unbox these Zelda 3DS XLs until the afternoon of the next day or something.

Does anyone know if it's normal practice for Walmart to sell hardware like this right at 12:01 a.m. on the date of release? I'm one of the few here that actually wants to pick it up from Walmart, rather than PM somewhere else because I have a load of Walmart gift cards.

I get the feeling that Walmart employees wouldn't unbox these Zelda 3DS XLs until the afternoon of the next day or something.
Yeah, I'm wondering as well. I would be curious to call and ask myself but I doubt it'd be helpful.

I think it's a YMMV situation. During this time of year, I'm pretty sure they stock stuff rapidly. And as long as the associate in electronics can find it, they will sell it to you, in my experience.

I haven't bought a ton right at midnight, but I've had a good experience when I've tried in the past.

I think it's a YMMV situation. During this time of year, I'm pretty sure they stock stuff rapidly. And as long as the associate in electronics can find it, they will sell it to you, in my experience.

I haven't bought a ton right at midnight, but I've had a good experience when I've tried in the past.

Also keep in mind that the Xbox One is launching at the same time, so there will be people in the area that know what they are doing.

Also keep in mind that the Xbox One is launching at the same time, so there will be people in the area that know what they are doing.
Good point. That could work adversely too, because they might be inundated and annoyed from people picking up Xbox One. It's really a toss-up.

Is there any reason outside of being impatient that people are PM this now? Why not just PM when you go pick one up? I'm going to call my local Best Buy to see if I can purchase this when they open for the Xbox One. Going to be jealous seeing Xboxs leaving while I wait for Pepsi to send me mine from Every2Minute promo. :p

By the way, I noticed A Link Between Worlds pre-order by itself comes with a free digital download code for Oracle of Seasons but the 3DS XL bundle doesn't? Is that right?

Is there any reason outside of being impatient that people are PM this now? Why not just PM when you go pick one up? I'm going to call my local Best Buy to see if I can purchase this when they open for the Xbox One. Going to be jealous seeing Xboxs leaving while I wait for Pepsi to send me mine from Every2Minute promo. :p
Only concern for me is if BB calls WM and it's OOS or OOS online. I want to PM before so I can avoid that altogether.

Just spent 45 minutes on the phone with Best Buy and all I accomplished was getting my preorder from 3 weeks ago cancelled when the rep tried to price match Walmart.com's $0.03 lower price.  At this point I'll probably just try to PM at Best Buy on Friday, assuming they have some systems available.

Awesome thanks for the info. This is enough for me to go wait at midnight in the hopes I can get the 3DS XL before they all get gobbled up by the next morning.

What's the likelihood this Walmart deal will actually be available on their web site? Thinking it would be easiest to just order online from Walmart. :p

On a related note, does Walmart have a retroactive price matching policy for their online store?

Has anyone price matched at Target before? Can I just print this ad out and bring it to them hassle free? I don't want to go through the trouble of them calling up the store and asking a bunch of questions when I go there at 6 A.M.

Has anyone price matched at Target before? Can I just print this ad out and bring it to them hassle free? I don't want to go through the trouble of them calling up the store and asking a bunch of questions when I go there at 6 A.M.
From my experience, you can use your smart phone or they will have iPads/tablets to look up prices at guest services. A print out couldn't hurt albeit it only saves a minute or two.

From my experience, you can use your smart phone or they will have iPads/tablets to look up prices at guest services. A print out couldn't hurt albeit it only saves a minute or two.
hmm... I don't have a smart phone either. This might be a hassle. What are the chances that the electronics department will just look at the ad and vouch to it? From what I remember, they don't have online computers there.

went to walmart today to get the ad. They didn't have it. It was such BS, i soke to five different people about it not ne was willing to really help the situation. Further reinforces my total boycott of the place. They pay the shittiest wages and get the shittiest people.

You're going to run into 2 problems when trying to PM at BestBuy.

On Nov. 22
Good luck trying to get a PM in store because BB likes to call to make sure items are in stock. Since this day is also they release date of the X1, phone lines/sales associates might be busy. Walmart likes to put 2 people in the electronics department, so the PM might take a while.

On Black Friday
Same problem with Target. Since the 3DS is a door buster the sale ends when they run out of stock. BB is going to call to check if they have any left in stock, if they don't have any in stock BB won't PM. Good luck getting anyone to answer the phones on Black Friday.

Here is the link to the ad for all you googleretarded: Page 7
http://weeklyad.walmart.com/Walmart/BrowseByPage/Index/?wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY&sourceid=18429012880063890462&StoreID=2495310&PromotionID=93834&PromotionViewMode=2&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

You're going to run into 2 problems when trying to PM at BestBuy.

On Nov. 22
Good luck trying to get a PM in store because BB likes to call to make sure items are in stock. Since this day is also they release date of the X1, phone lines/sales associates might be busy. Walmart likes to put 2 people in the electronics department, so the PM might take a while.

On Black Friday
Same problem with Target. Since the 3DS is a door buster the sale ends when they run out of stock. BB is going to call to check if they have any left in stock, if they don't have any in stock BB won't PM. Good luck getting anyone to answer the phones on Black Friday.

Here is the link to the ad for all you googleretarded: Page 7
http://weeklyad.walmart.com/Walmart/BrowseByPage/Index/?wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY&sourceid=18429012880063890462&StoreID=2495310&PromotionID=93834&PromotionViewMode=2&affillinktype=10&veh=aff
Well, BB doesn't PM on BF at all, the service desk is actually closed if I recall correctly. So that makes point two completely moot, and as far as PMing on Nov. 22nd, the easiest thing from what I've read is to pre-order online and then call the main BB line and have your order PMed before you pick it up or after you pick it up, rather than trying to do it in store ... but who really knows, I'm sure it will be a minor nightmare either way ... I'm ready for it regardless

went to walmart today to get the ad. They didn't have it. It was such BS, i soke to five different people about it not ne was willing to really help the situation. Further reinforces my total boycott of the place. They pay the shittiest wages and get the shittiest people.
IIRC, they don't have copies of the ad in store. They mail them out to people. I'm pretty sure that's how it was when I worked there, but it's been 10 years so I could be wrong or they might've changed how they distribute ads.

bread's done
Back