walmart: 3DS XL Legend of Zelda system $199.96 (price mistake?)

DANIEL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
walmart online add for 11/17 to 11/23 is showing the 3DS XL Legend of Zelda system for $199.96 only valid nov 22 & nov 23 

is this a price mistake?

[attachment=952:3ds.JPG]

IIRC, they don't have copies of the ad in store. They mail them out to people. I'm pretty sure that's how it was when I worked there, but it's been 10 years so I could be wrong or they might've changed how they distribute ads.
The one I went to today had a stack near Customer Service, so I grabbed one.

Yep, it's been reported at a few Walmarts with photo evidence to boot. That doesn't mean you can buy them yet though.
My local Walmart had them in the case this morning when I ran through. I had a feeling they weren't supposed to be out yet...

If I understand the deal correctly, one could just order the Zelda 3DS online at Wal-Mart's site on the 22nd and pick it on the same day...right? If they sold out wouldn't Wal-Mart honor the sale price?

Tried about 3 failed attempts then had to go to work. First one said that because it doesn't have the "low price guarantee" sticker on the pre order item yet that they can't do it, which is bs. She wouldn't budge, so I thanked her and tried again. Second one said that because it's an online order that they can't do it to store ads and then changed his excuse to the item not being an MSRP price and he couldn't do it and then hung up. Third try had a competent guy, but he said he couldn't do it because of the pre order status, so I asked him what if I pick it up and then want to price match it since I couldn't do it over the phone. He said it would vary by store and to call them first to ask. Well, that's re-assuring (not). I did call the store and was told that they'd PM the same day as my pickup, though.

Good luck, guys.

I want a 3DSXL - I really do.  But then I was watching a reality show on Nat Geo and a teenage girl was walking around with one. 

Yeah.

I'll not be spotted in a suit on the el going downtown with toy for a preteen.  DAMN you Nintendo! I wanted one so bad.  :(

Lol, who gives a shit what other people think about you? If playing a 3DS is your dark, dirty secret, I'd say you're doing okay.

Trying to force myself to not get this (Especially since I already have the Pikachu and Red X/Y). But I'm getting like 250$ next week and theres hardly anything else in December I plan to buy....

I want a 3DSXL - I really do. But then I was watching a reality show on Nat Geo and a teenage girl was walking around with one.

Yeah.

I'll not be spotted in a suit on the el going downtown with toy for a preteen. DAMN you Nintendo! I wanted one so bad. :(
Who says you have to play it in public? I'm grabbing one but that doesn't mean I'm going to be sitting around the library playing the damn thing wearing a fucking Pikachu hat ... I mean, seriously, who cares if some girl was playing it ...

I want a 3DSXL - I really do. But then I was watching a reality show on Nat Geo and a teenage girl was walking around with one.

Yeah.

I'll not be spotted in a suit on the el going downtown with toy for a preteen. DAMN you Nintendo! I wanted one so bad. :(
How unfortunate.

If you're ashamed to be seen enjoying your hobby, you shouldn't get one.

does anyone know if you could price match the 3ds xl from the walmart ad at toys r us? i ask because i would like to use my 10 coupon i got when i preordered pokemon x and y.

does anyone know if you could price match the 3ds xl from the walmart ad at toys r us? i ask because i would like to use my 10 coupon i got when i preordered pokemon x and y.
If their online policy is anything to go by, I doubt it. They said they won't match BF deals, but you could always call CS and see what they say.

Reports of walmart selling them early

ku-xlarge.jpg

http://kotaku.com/its-a-little-early-for-zelda-3ds-xl-bundles-walmart-sp-1467562869

That article makes it seem like they're being sold, but I don't think they are. I think it's the case that people have seen them in the wild but that's the end. I assume Walmart's computer system disallows them from breaking street date.

Right. I wasn't thinking, but I still don't think they will according to the week before if this is true

• Prices advertised on Black Friday or the Thursday before
That bullet point doesn't apply. The "Thursday before" is Thanksgiving. Not this week's ad. So you can price match from this week's WalMart ad.

I already spoke to a rep at my local Toys R Us and they confirmed that I can price match to the WalMart ad on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
That bullet point doesn't apply. The "Thursday before" is Thanksgiving. Not this week's ad. So you can price match from this week's WalMart ad.

I already spoke to a rep at my local Toys R Us and they confirmed that I can price match to the WalMart ad on Friday.
Oh, oh. Right. Well, that's good news then. I guess I'll go to TRU instead then.

thank you to somebody who actually knew what they were talking about. appreciate it.

Are people finding physical ads in stores or from junk mail or newspapers or what? I'd like to have one in hand when I go in on Friday. Let me know and thanks!

Are people finding physical ads in stores or from junk mail or newspapers or what? I'd like to have one in hand when I go in on Friday. Let me know and thanks!
Got one from store. It was in the area between the 2 sweet of doors where redbox/claw machines/ soda machines usually lie on the grocery side at my store. it was on a rack

So what is the best deal for this 3DS XL on Friday? Price match Walmarts price at Best Buy (in store) and have the AMEX $25 back for $250 pending (meaning you still have to spend more to get over $250)?

So what is the best deal for this 3DS XL on Friday? Price match Walmarts price at Best Buy (in store) and have the AMEX $25 back for $250 pending (meaning you still have to spend more to get over $250)?
That's my ideal. I want to PM at BB so I can still work towards the AmEx $25 CB on $250 but get the $20 off immediately.

The best actual deal so far is Walmart's price on release day. Price matching at Target with the 5% off redcard would be best. Sales tax is not accounted for.

The AMEX Best Buy promo or other promos like TRU 50% off gift cards via groupon are separate deals. Like cash back websites and credit cards, other promotions may influence where you buy and how you pay, but they not related to the specific deal.

Has anyone been able to buy one? My Walmart had them out and priced at $199 but I didn't bother trying to buy one. 

WalMart has actually said that it will PM Black Friday prices in the week leading up to Black Friday. I don't think they'd do it on the Zelda bundle though, because the Target Black Friday offer for $150 is not for the Zelda bundle.

"Starting at 8 a.m. Friday, Walmart said, it will "match selected Black Friday offers from Target, Toys 'R' Us and Best Buy one week early.""

WalMart has actually said that it will PM Black Friday prices in the week leading up to Black Friday. I don't think they'd do it on the Zelda bundle though, because the Target Black Friday offer for $150 is not for the Zelda bundle.

"Starting at 8 a.m. Friday, Walmart said, it will "match selected Black Friday offers from Target, Toys 'R' Us and Best Buy one week early.""
"Selected offers" which they are selecting, from my understanding there was already an ad posted on bfads.net that shows mostly toys and some next gen games. I don't believe it's a pm free for all.

The one I work at had that many out on the 15th, they either sold them all or locked them up in the backroom until 11/22 because they were gone the next day.
Report back when you find out!

Question, does anyone think WalMart will price match the LoZ XL with Target's $150 BF 3DS XL deal?
You'd have to get knowledgeable cashier and manager, so odds are it won't be hard to PM!

But seriously, the XL is $199.99 while the Zelda XL bundle is $219.99.

In Walmart's case, a $20 sale is one thing but $70?

bread's done
Back