walmart: 3DS XL Legend of Zelda system $199.96 (price mistake?)

DANIEL

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
walmart online add for 11/17 to 11/23 is showing the 3DS XL Legend of Zelda system for $199.96 only valid nov 22 & nov 23 

is this a price mistake?

[attachment=952:3ds.JPG]

Got the Zelda xl at best buy for the Walmart price. Just price matched that shit lol. No way I was goin to walmart!

Was pretty fun to be there late at night, friendly people, employees there are always great!

It is. Wish it was a cartridge but might just sell it and get a cartridge.

Thank you. Nintendo makes zero sense. The Animal Crossing bundle had the game preinstalled. The Pokemon XL wasn't a bundle. And now the Zelda XL has a code that requires redemption.

What gives?

Now I see TRU will have a free game 19.99 or under with purchase of 3ds. I wonder if I can pricematch and get a free game. Might have to get up early and see if they'll do it.

Now I see TRU will have a free game 19.99 or under with purchase of 3ds. I wonder if I can pricematch and get a free game. Might have to get up early and see if they'll do it.
Where did you see the deal for the free game with purchase?

Got mine at Wal-Mart for 199.96 + tax.  I had an associate get them from the back room along with 3D World.   All the Xbone people were making fun of me of course.

Got mine at Wal-Mart for 199.96 + tax. I had an associate get them from the back room along with 3D World. All the Xbone people were making fun of me of course.
how were you able to buy it at midnight, i called 4 walmarts and they all told me i had to wait until the morning

how were you able to buy it at midnight, i called 4 walmarts and they all told me i had to wait until the morning
Did you try best buy? There's no reason you shouldn't have been able to get a Zelda system or other games. Just go and walk them through the process of unpacking the system or speak to a manager.

I guess it's not that price at walmart.com Lame.

Last edited:
i still think the best deal is if you have the 10 off 40 coupon from toys r us then price match it there from walmarts ad and use the coupon, totaling 190 plus tax
I thought the $10 OFF on $39.99 games coupon at TRU was only for use with games. Do you know for sure if it'll work on a hardware/game bundle such as this?

Can someone please put up the Walmart link where it states it will be $199.99.  Right now if I do a search for the item at Walmart.com it pops up to $220.

Can someone please put up the Walmart link where it states it will be $199.99. Right now if I do a search for the item at Walmart.com it pops up to $220.
The $199.96 price is in this week's WalMart Weekly Ad (Nov. 17th to 23rd). Apparently this is an IN-STORE sale only, and since the console came out just today on the 22nd, this is a 2-day sale! The Walmart.com price still shows the item at $219.96, so the sale price is NOT shown/available online when you search for the item. If you do browse the weekly store ad online, then you will see the $199.96 price listed on the ad, but you still have to get to a store that has one available and buy it in store to get the price.

Picked mine up around 12:30 EST. It rang up at the right price. There were a few people still waiting in line for X1 so the electronics area was still staffed. There were 4 in the case a few days ago and now there's only one left, so I'd guess a few people bought them earlier than I got there.
I think it's ky in general. I was able to pick mine up just now and there were 4 left.

I stopped by Wal Mart just now and picked up the ad so I can price match at best buy just in case.  Didn't see the system out at Walmart though.

I had pre-ordered from bestbuy.com and it is scheduled for delivery today. I just called customer service a few minutes ago and they gave me a $20 credit without any trouble. I didn't even have to direct them to the ad.

They were just ducking you because of the Xbox One launch... I was unrelenting in my quest to get it last night, so I went to the store and demanded it several times. I knew they were in the back since they had them on the shelf over a week ago at my local store, it just took some persistence.

So many people were calling for Xbones that the cashier was just hanging the phone up.

It's really amazing how many dudebro's wanna plunk down 500$ for a rather lackluster Console, and I feel for those of you having to deal with that crowd when trying to get something entirely different. Apparently many of the nintendo kids (some of whom I am sure are assholes looking to resell it), had to fight the xbox one dudebro's. Good on you nintendo for releasing this on the same day as Xbone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Struck out at the Walmart in Belmont, NC.  They couldn't find any and no one knew if they already sold out.  Web site says they have it in stock but the guy there told me it's usually wrong.  Guess I'll buy one at Best Buy and hope they pm when I pick it up.

Went to Wally last night and the guy there tells me the ad is a misprint on the release date. Had him call another one and same thing. So I said forget it. I walk into Target this morn and nobody is there so I picked up 2 and pricematched. I went to target cause they opened earlier and when I bought 3 Zelda 3ds last time at Best Buy they jipped me my rewards points

Successful price match completed at my local Target. Customer Service read every bit of fine print on the Walmart ad, but since it did not specifically say bundle, I was good to go. She did not even call my local Walmart to check their stock. Used the $10 off coupon from the Christmas catalog, and a gift card I got for buying deodorant (lol). Walked out of the store for $200 flat with tax included.  

They were just ducking you because of the Xbox One launch... I was unrelenting in my quest to get it last night, so I went to the store and demanded it several times. I knew they were in the back since they had them on the shelf over a week ago at my local store, it just took some persistence.

So many people were calling for Xbones that the cashier was just hanging the phone up.
Yea, the guy I talked to told me Nintendo consoles don't sell so they may not get any at all. Funny since the 3DS sold more than any other console the last 2 months....He said they would definitely have the Xbox One and almost seemed to be hinting that I shouldn't be buying a Nintendo Console. He wasn't interested in trying to find out if they would have it at midnight, or at all. Even when I told him it was in the ad, he still said he didn't know and that since Nintendo consoles don't sell they may not get any.

I own MS and Sony consoles so I'm not a Nintendo Fanboy, but it did bother me that he seemed to be knocking a console I was there to purchase and seemed like he was trying to persuade me into buying something else. Oh well, I went back at 5 AM and walked right in and got it :) Just glad I was able to get it and under MSRP at that :)

It looks like every Walmart and Best Buy around me has them in stock.  I think I'm going to get the ad at Walmart, go to Best Buy and price match it along with a $50 Amazon gift card.  If I buy $250 at Best Buy with my American Express I get $25 off.  I think that's the best deal I can get.

I just got it price matched via phone-order with BB. I really lucked out because the rep I had was one of the nicest people I've ever dealt with. It's unfortunate how YMMV customer service is though as for everyone helpful rep there is 10 useless ones.

I picked mine up at BB last night and they were uber nice (Melrose Park, IL).  I showed them the ad to have them price match to Walmart but the manager said he didn't have any customer service people that could do the adjustment, so to come back today and they would take care of me then. 

I was amazed how quickly they got all the XBone pre orders handled.  Doors opened up at midnight and every one had their XBone in hand and was out the door by 12:10.

idk if anyone has posted this already but I managed to get mine at target price matched plus 5 percent off with red card. Took a while for them to find but definitely plenty in stock from what I heard.

Successful price match completed at my local Target. Customer Service read every bit of fine print on the Walmart ad, but since it did not specifically say bundle, I was good to go. She did not even call my local Walmart to check their stock. Used the $10 off coupon from the Christmas catalog, and a gift card I got for buying deodorant (lol). Walked out of the store for $200 flat with tax included.

I got that gift card, too! In the end, 7 bucks for 3 sticks is right fine!

I asked in another thread, but going to ask here as well. Anyone have any suggestions for a clear shell for the 3DSXL? I want to be sure it's protected, but I also do not want the shell/case scratching, rubbing, scuffing the finish on the Zelda 3DS. A clear shell would be ideal, but above all I want to make sure it's well protected so it remains in mint condition. Any suggestions or first hand impressions?

I asked in another thread, but going to ask here as well. Anyone have any suggestions for a clear shell for the 3DSXL? I want to be sure it's protected, but I also do not want the shell/case scratching, rubbing, scuffing the finish on the Zelda 3DS. A clear shell would be ideal, but above all I want to make sure it's well protected so it remains in mint condition. Any suggestions or first hand impressions?
Try something like the case skin combined with a clear shell, so particles that get between the skin and shell don't scratch your 3ds.

http://www.amazon.com/Skinomi-TechSkin-Protector-Nintendo-Lifetime-DS/dp/B004LE0NZS/ref=zg_bs_3074370011_13

bread's done
Back