Walmart B&M 50% bonus trade in with Madden 15 preorder, confirmed near $60 for MK8 and next gen Watch Dogs, ends July 19th (saturday)

ritchardf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
366 (100%)
Just saw this in the ad from the sunday paper. You have to pay $5 for the preorder, and you get $15 of MUT content probably when you pick up the game. It doesnt list any restrictions, just says not available in all stores. It does state video game must be in original packaging and customer must be 18 years of age or older.

Ive noticed their trade in values seem to be based off best buy, as they are usually a few cents more or less. This is in store only i assume.

to check values or find out if your store is participating (blue find your walmart square next to search)

http://walmart.cexchange.com/Online/Gaming/index.rails

link to ad (on page 23, middle left of 2 page layout)

http://weeklyad.walmart.com/Walmart/BrowseByPage?storeid=2494509&promotionviewmode=2&promotioncode=LA_Walmart-140713&listingid=0&sneakpeek=N&pagenumber=22

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got done trading in ea ufc. Going to pick that game up again at the sale price. I needed to put the gift card towards some new diced double knee work pants for work which I really needed anyway so this works out! Thanks op!

Epic YMMV

Went to Best Buy purchased 3 UfC 2x ps4 and 1 xbox one using my BB trade in credit.

Drove to Walmart with all three games still sealed, took games to electronic department
where the greatest employee scanned all three games and told me only two games per platform and handed me one of my sealed copies back to me.

Walked out with a 180 + gift card for trading in two games without having to pre order madden.

I will be back tomorrow with the exact number games and hopefully the same employee working ;)

This deal is probably the best thing right now.  i picked up a copy of UFC for PS4 and Infamous SS used from best buy for around $70 which i used some of my BB credit. Went down the street to walmart and got $99.45 in return.  My only concern is the guy who did my trade in was great but he told me he was the only one who knew how to do the trade ins at the store.  If i decide to go back i guess i will have to make sure he is working.

How late can we trade in stuff? It's 9:11pm here.
Dunno about most stores, but all the stores in my area would stop doing game trade-ins at 8PM local time on Sundays. Could vary, though.

Just as a fair warning: the gift cards from the trade-ins can't be used for gas (and I've been told you can't buy other gift cards with it, but haven't tried it myself to verify.)

Also wouldn't be surprised if they fix it sometime this week to force the Madden pre-sale through (When a similar promo started for Phone/Tablet trade-ins, they put in a fix that essentially made it so you HAD to follow the promo guidelines to a T to get the bonuses, or else it was null and void.) , and any money put onto the Madden pre-sale card is lost (unless you're picking up Madden)

Just as a fair warning: the gift cards from the trade-ins can't be used for gas (and I've been told you can't buy other gift cards with it, but haven't tried it myself to verify
Docj quick tip:

It's possible to turn your "paper" trade in gift card into a normal plastic one that can be used with everything in store or out at the gas pumps.

Grab a gift card off the rack and tell the cashier you want purchase it. When they ask how much, tell them the amount from the trade in paper.

When all is totaled up and you are going to pay tell them you are paying with gift card and give the paper to scan. Easy process.

Extra tip:

If you happen to come across an employee who wasn't trained properly...after ringing your total and you are about to pay (and they become confused) tell them to hit the gift/shop card button on their register BEFORE scanning your paper.

Docj quick tip:

It's possible to turn your "paper" trade in gift card into a normal plastic one that can be used with everything in store or out at the gas pumps.

Grab a gift card off the rack and tell the cashier you want purchase it. When they ask how much, tell them the amount from the trade in paper.

When all is totaled up and you are going to pay tell them you are paying with gift card and give the paper to scan. Easy process.

Extra tip:

If you happen to come across an employee who wasn't trained properly...after ringing your total and you are about to pay (and they become confused) tell them to hit the gift/shop card button on their register BEFORE scanning your paper.
Most cashiers are trained to NOT accept paper eGift Cards for plastic gift cards, so that's YMMV. Not saying it won't work, just saying that's going to be a YMMV thing depending on how strict/loose your cashiers/CSMs/management are at your particular stores in your area.

was limited to trading in 2 copies of the same title per platform, told me to come back tomorrow. took a while for them to find someone who actually knew how to do trade ins. was worth it though, didn't even have to preorder madden to get the bonus. all of my local bestbuys are now of stock on preowned infamous.  O:)

I'm going to Wal Mart this week, how do I do it? And do I get 40$ if I'm not getting Madden or is it more then 40$ even if I'm not getting Madden.
Go to wherever your store does trade-ins (my store does them at the connection center/electronics area. Some use the customer service desk), and just have the games with you and tell them you wanna trade in. Whatever the system quotes you is the Base TIV and then the bonus gets added on top of that (say, you're quoted 40 for WD, you'd get 60 w/ Bonus). Do note that the trade values fluctuate at random times and often times the values online don't match in-store (It's far less consistent than Target, from what I've seen).

Just make sure you're over 18, have valid ID (if you live in a state that requires it), and the game is complete artwork/manual wise. And do it quickly since TIV promos like this are the ficklest kind of promos! :p

Go to wherever your store does trade-ins (my store does them at the connection center/electronics area. Some use the customer service desk), and just have the games with you and tell them you wanna trade in. Whatever the system quotes you is the Base TIV and then the bonus gets added on top of that (say, you're quoted 40 for WD, you'd get 60 w/ Bonus). Do note that the trade values fluctuate at random times and often times the values online don't match in-store (It's far less consistent than Target, from what I've seen).

Just make sure you're over 18, have valid ID (if you live in a state that requires it), and the game is complete artwork/manual wise. And do it quickly since TIV promos like this are the ficklest kind of promos! :p
Ok thanks, not bad considering I paid 60 for WD with a 15$ gift card from Microsoft (that I'm still having to call over and over for >:llll)

Ok thanks, not bad considering I paid 60 for WD with a 15$ gift card from Microsoft (that I'm still having to call over and over for >:llll)
Yeah. There are some definite deals to be had here, even if your store forces you to get the presale card (Pokemon Y had a value of 28.xx before bonus earlier today). I'm kinda sad I dumped all my trade-in-worthy stuff at Target during the triple trade-in there :(.

If that Pokemon value holds, might not be a bad flip (31.99 at Best Buy with GCU -> $42 at Walmart)

Failed attempt at trading in my games today. Nobody knew how to process the trade in. The CSM working claims he never heard of such a thing. He insisted I was crazy to think Walmart does something like that. I kindly point out how there's multiple banners/signs at the front of the store and electronics advertising for trade ins. He continues to insist I'm crazy and that I'm crazy for thinking such banners/signs exist in the store....I took my games and just left

Failed attempt at trading in my games today. Nobody knew how to process the trade in. The CSM working claims he never heard of such a thing. He insisted I was crazy to think Walmart does something like that. I kindly point out how there's multiple banners/signs at the front of the store and electronics advertising for trade ins. He continues to insist I'm crazy and that I'm crazy for thinking such banners/signs exist in the store....I took my games and just left
Honestly, I'd go back and ask Electronics or the Connection Center about the trade-ins. I know at my store, the front just tells everyone to go back there anyway, and they don't know the first thing about how to do it.

I know at the stores in my area, the front end just tells people to go back to Electronics to do the trade-in. No idea if that's a universal thing or not, but it's like the front just doesn't give two hells about it.

Epic YMMV

Went to Best Buy purchased 3 UfC 2x ps4 and 1 xbox one using my BB trade in credit.

Drove to Walmart with all three games still sealed, took games to electronic department
where the greatest employee scanned all three games and told me only two games per platform and handed me one of my sealed copies back to me.

Walked out with a 180 + gift card for trading in two games without having to pre order madden.

I will be back tomorrow with the exact number games and hopefully the same employee working ;)
How did you get 180 for 2 games?

Each game has a base of 40.80. With the bonus they bump up to 60.20

Did he give you the credit for the 3rd game?

How did you get 180 for 2 games?

Each game has a base of 40.80. With the bonus they bump up to 60.20

Did he give you the credit for the 3rd game?
reread it. he said he had 3 xbox copies and 1 ps4 copy. The limit is two of same title per platform. The employee handed one of the 4 games back. 2 xbox copies + 1 ps copy ($60x3) = $180

Honestly, I'd go back and ask Electronics or the Connection Center about the trade-ins. I know at my store, the front just tells everyone to go back there anyway, and they don't know the first thing about how to do it.
I actually did go to electronics first. The three people working there didn't know how to do it either. Just gonna take it to a different walmart

Anyone else in Utah know if they are back to trading in games? I called a week or two ago and they say they stopped. This is way too good of a deal with my BB credit and GCU....

Dont forget that bestbuy has the buy one get one used game at 40%, plus extra 10% off if you have gcu, if you can find the right games it'll cost 70-80 after tax and u can make 100-120 back

Dunno about most stores, but all the stores in my area would stop doing game trade-ins at 8PM local time on Sundays. Could vary, though.

Just as a fair warning: the gift cards from the trade-ins can't be used for gas (and I've been told you can't buy other gift cards with it, but haven't tried it myself to verify.)

Also wouldn't be surprised if they fix it sometime this week to force the Madden pre-sale through (When a similar promo started for Phone/Tablet trade-ins, they put in a fix that essentially made it so you HAD to follow the promo guidelines to a T to get the bonuses, or else it was null and void.) , and any money put onto the Madden pre-sale card is lost (unless you're picking up Madden)
Do this mean I can't get PSN or eShop cards with my credit?

I believe trade-ins should be doable at any time the store is open, so long as there's someone in electronics or someone willing to help that isn't totally dumb. The system's very easy to use.

EDIT: The person may need a certain employee level to access the trade-in system. So if you have to FIND someone ask if there are any photo, electronics, connections, sporting goods associates or HIGHER (department manager and up) available.

reread it. he said he had 3 xbox copies and 1 ps4 copy. The limit is two of same title per platform. The employee handed one of the 4 games back. 2 xbox copies + 1 ps copy ($60x3) = $180
I had three copies he took two but scanned all three copies resulting in 180 gift card.

I

Do this mean I can't get PSN or eShop cards with my credit?
You can. It would work fine.

And the madden preorder card is just a fancy $5 Walmart gift card. (that's what the bottom barcode that's initially covered up by a sticker is)

they are wal mart employees, so probably. they either 1. dont care or 2. dont know any better.
Mostly a combination of 1 and where I work, being awesome. Not all Walmart electronics sections are staffed by people who don't know or care about the department they work in!

I work with a number of people going to college full time for CompSci or IT, and some of the others are huge video game/anime nerds like the guys here. It's actually kind of a problem because I want to leave, but I really like the people I work with.

I believe trade-ins should be doable at any time the store is open, so long as there's someone in electronics or someone willing to help that isn't totally dumb. The system's very easy to use.

EDIT: The person may need a certain employee level to access the trade-in system. So if you have to FIND someone ask if there are any photo, electronics, connections, sporting goods associates or HIGHER (department manager and up) available.
Depends on local pawn laws. For example, in Fresno, trade-ins everywhere stop at 7pm. That includes BB, GameStop, everyone. Go a few blocks east to Clovis, and trade all you want, because if they have a cutoff time, it's after most stores close. So it depends on you local laws.

man there have been way too many good deals on trading in old games recently, I only have one physical game left that I am not actively playing

I could trade in MK8 and rebuy it next week when its $20-25 cheaper at target, but then that'd mean no MK8 for 6 days :(

man there have been way too many good deals on trading in old games recently, I only have one physical game left that I am not actively playing

I could trade in MK8 and rebuy it next week when its $20-25 cheaper at target, but then that'd mean no MK8 for 6 days :(
Or you can buy it again at WM on the same day for $48 and get another free digital game

I'm very well versed in the Walmart video game pre-order cards. They are essentially Walmart egift cards (gift cards with no magnetic strip and only a barcode) and can be used to buy anything in the store. Technically it is supposed to be used to pay $5 towards the purchase of the targeted game, but there is fine print on the back saying it can be used for any merchandise.

My closest Walmart that accepts trade in's is 30 minutes away.  Meh ... I think I'll pass unless the TIVs are still good for this weekend.  Then maybe.

bread's done
Back