Walmart B&M 50% bonus trade in with Madden 15 preorder, confirmed near $60 for MK8 and next gen Watch Dogs, ends July 19th (saturday)

ritchardf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
369 (100%)
Just saw this in the ad from the sunday paper. You have to pay $5 for the preorder, and you get $15 of MUT content probably when you pick up the game. It doesnt list any restrictions, just says not available in all stores. It does state video game must be in original packaging and customer must be 18 years of age or older.

Ive noticed their trade in values seem to be based off best buy, as they are usually a few cents more or less. This is in store only i assume.

to check values or find out if your store is participating (blue find your walmart square next to search)

http://walmart.cexchange.com/Online/Gaming/index.rails

link to ad (on page 23, middle left of 2 page layout)

http://weeklyad.walmart.com/Walmart/BrowseByPage?storeid=2494509&promotionviewmode=2&promotioncode=LA_Walmart-140713&listingid=0&sneakpeek=N&pagenumber=22

Last edited by a moderator:
Trading in MK8 got $59.67. No plastic gift card, just received a paper with a bar code. Does anyone know if we can use the paper barcode online? 

Very interesting experience today at walmart. Went to trade in games and there were 2 older men (probably in late 60's early 70's). One could not hear well.

They had no idea how to do trade in's. He was very patient and I walked him through it. Took about 45 mins however I did end up receiving the gift card. I even pre ordered madden as I did not want him to get in any trouble.

Walmart needs to train their employees how to take trade in.

Just to give you guys a heads up, but the paper gift cards can be used at Sam's Club as well.  I believe Sam's Club has the Xbox One with Kinect for $429.99

Traded in my copy of Mario Kart 8. Absolutely AWFUL experience at my local Wal-Mart. I had three older ladies who had no idea what the hell they were doing. I was there a combined 1 1/2-2 hours just to get my transaction done.

The process couldn't have been any simpler, yet they didn't get it. Honestly, I can see why people bash Wal-Mart from time to time. They don't train their employees correctly, probably most of the time, when they should be. 

Also, from what my paperwork and receipt shows, I got a total of $59.67 back for Mario Kart 8. Here's the awsome part though... They actually charged $5 for the Madden 15' pre-order deposit card on my $59.67 GC and now my GC is left with a balance $54.67. Were they supposed to do that?

The back of the Madden card says "This card can be used for purchase of merchandise at any retail format of Wal-Mart stores Inc. in the US". So I can take this Madden card into any Wal-Mart and buy $5 worth of random stuff?

The back of the card has a scratch off for "Vudu Code, Madden NFL Magazine and Starter Strategy Guide Bonus Code", one for a "WalMart.com Item Code" and then an activation barcode and a redemption barcode. 

Help!

Traded in my copy of Mario Kart 8. Absolutely AWFUL experience at my local Wal-Mart. I had three older ladies who had no idea what the hell they were doing. I was there a combined 1 1/2-2 hours just to get my transaction done.

The process couldn't have been any simpler, yet they didn't get it. Honestly, I can see why people bash Wal-Mart from time to time. They don't train their employees correctly, probably most of the time, when they should be.

Also, from what my paperwork and receipt shows, I got a total of $59.67 back for Mario Kart 8. Here's the awsome part though... They actually charged $5 for the Madden 15' pre-order deposit card on my $59.67 GC and now my GC is left with a balance $54.67. Were they supposed to do that?

The back of the Madden card says "This card can be used for purchase of merchandise at any retail format of Wal-Mart stores Inc. in the US". So I can take this Madden card into any Wal-Mart and buy $5 worth of random stuff?

The back of the card has a scratch off for "Vudu Code, Madden NFL Magazine and Starter Strategy Guide Bonus Code", one for a "WalMart.com Item Code" and then an activation barcode and a redemption barcode.

Help!
Yes it is a regular egift card and can be scanned at any full service register or self checkout register. If you wanted to check the balance of the GC online, you can go to https://www.walmart.com/cservice/ProcessShoppingCard.do;jsessionid=00000018a1c5b4363fe0a5c4c31472683fda58ce0f5c97c8?povid=P1171-C1110.2784+1108.2778-L2 and type in number under the "Walmart Item Code" in the website (16-digit GC number and 4-digit PIN).

As for the $5 coming out of your trade-in, I'm not sure about that...

Help!
I suppose them deducting the 5$ to pay for the pre order would be the correct for them to process it , the 5 $ pre order card has been reported as just being a gift card you can use on anything .

Has anyone tried trading in the Target exclusive edition of Watch Dogs? Wondering if the barcode will cause problems.
As long as the barcode is in the CExchange system they should take it. They don't care if the game is from a specific retailer otherwise.

Ha got ninja'd twice , had a painful experience today . First Walmart is a new store that's been open about 6 months and they still don't have their shit together . When I went to attempt the trade in they claimed "we don't have the box for that" . I called his bluff and told him ask a manger because according to the website this is a participating store . After around 15 minutes they agree to do it , the kid sees the high values and gets worried and calls the manager again for approval even after I explain 50% bonus is why it's so high (can't blame him for being suspect about a 60$ value ). After the managers ok they can't even finalize the transaction in the system ...lovely . I go to another more competent store (barely) and get the trade in done no problem . I went and grabbed a plastic gift card to buy with the paper gift card and the lady had to call over a manager to see if that's okay , I tried calmly explaining to them it's more convenient to have the plastic gift card , it's all the same and the register will allow it . Instead the front end manager goes to pull out the store policy book . So pretty frustrating process but in the end i got my 240$ plastic gift card and im happy about it .

Yes it is a regular egift card and can be scanned at any full service register or self checkout register. If you wanted to check the balance of the GC online, you can go to https://www.walmart.com/cservice/ProcessShoppingCard.do;jsessionid=00000018a1c5b4363fe0a5c4c31472683fda58ce0f5c97c8?povid=P1171-C1110.2784+1108.2778-L2 and type in number under the "Walmart Item Code" in the website (16-digit GC number and 4-digit PIN).

As for the $5 coming out of your trade-in, I'm not sure about that...
Good to know! I just checked my balance of the paper GC from my trade-in and the balance is $54.67. So they did charge $5 for the Madden pre-order card (my receipt already said so anyway, lol). As long as I have a total of $59.67 between both cards at the end of the day to spend on anything, I'm good.

Also, since I technically purchased the pre-order card can I still redeem the three Madden 15' bonuses listed ($4.99 Vudu credit, digital Madden NFL Magazine and digital Starter Strategy Guide) after I use up the $5 balance on the card? Or are these digital bonuses only redeemable AFTER you pay for Madden 15' in full? I don't plan on picking up Madden 15'...

I suppose them deducting the 5$ to pay for the pre order would be the correct for them to process it , the 5 $ pre order card has been reported as just being a gift card you can use on anything .
I'm glad that's the case. I would have been furious, had I lost $5 off my trade. Going to try and spend these GC's soon...

So it's really only Watch Dogs, UFC, and MK8 that have great values right?
Trials Fusion also from GS. Believe it is the best flip. Along with Halo 4

Halo 4 is $7 at GS ->$15.xx at WM
Trials Fusion is $17.50->$27.54

The above games are from GS using 10% PUR discount and 20% bday coupon.

Good to know! I just checked my balance of the paper GC from my trade-in and the balance is $54.67. So they did charge $5 for the Madden pre-order card (my receipt already said so anyway, lol). As long as I have a total of $59.67 between both cards at the end of the day to spend on anything, I'm good.

Also, since I technically purchased the pre-order card can I still redeem the three Madden 15' bonuses listed ($4.99 Vudu credit, digital Madden NFL Magazine and digital Starter Strategy Guide) after I use up the $5 balance on the card? Or are these digital bonuses only redeemable AFTER you pay for Madden 15' in full? I don't plan on picking up Madden 15'...

I'm glad that's the case. I would have been furious, had I lost $5 off my trade. Going to try and spend these GC's soon...
If the zreward.com website is working properly, you can redeem those items now. It's been a little flaky lately.

WalMart anything, let alone trade in is going to be ymmv by nature.

And lol at "I'd be furious at losing $5 to preorder the preorder I got bonus money because of"

Trials Fusion also from GS. Believe it is the best flip. Along with Halo 4
I looked at trials fusion, it trades in for roughly $18 before 50% bonus and costs more than that to start. Sure it's the best flip?

Halo 4 at Gamestop costs $10, but trades in for the same, so make about $5 a copy.

Not even close to UFC, WatchDogs, or MK8, but those take a pretty high initial investment.

Btw many walmarts have the serious Sam collection in their $10 bins which includes most of the collection and DLC. Good deal if you are looking for SS.

I looked at trials fusion, it trades in for roughly $18 before 50% bonus and costs more than that to start. Sure it's the best flip?

Halo 4 at Gamestop costs $10, but trades in for the same, so make about $5 a copy.

Not even close to UFC, WatchDogs, or MK8, but those take a pretty high initial investment.
Two words: B-Day coupon.

Used my buy 2 get 1 free pur coupon for 2 ufc and a watchdogs, then walked across the parking lot and traded in for $75 profit. 

I RE did my initial comment to add in the 20% bday coupon and 10% PUR.

Halo gets over a 100% ROI if you use a 20% coupon and over 60% if you just have PUR

Trials Fusion gets close to a 60% ROI with birthday coupon. UFC is about equal with fusion and is slightly better at around 65% ROI.

Watchdogs is around 56% but is by far the easiest to find.

I could trade in Watchdogs + Mario Kart 8 , but what would I do with the credit.......

No other games for Xbox One or Wii U I want right now.

For Xbox One I want, Destiny, GTAV, HALO Master Collection

For Wii U, all I want is the new Legend of Zelda game.

Might as well keep Mario Kart 8 as it's a very good game.

Can you trade in multiple copies of a game at te same time? I know the limit is 2 but curious if it can be done at the same time.
I traded in 2 copies of UFC PS4 at the same time. It threw up a warning to them that 2 is the limit but allowed the trade to go through.

I'm trying to do store pick up at Best Buy on a couple of the games.  Hardly any of the stores around me are available for same day pick up.  Does that mean they won't have them in stock if I drive down and just buy them in store without buying online? 

I leave for work in a couple minutes and Best Buy isn't open when I get off and I don't want them to sell out of any of the big flipping games before I can get there tomorrow morning.

Ugh, I won't be near a Walmart that does this until Thursday but I really want to get rid of Watch Dogs (haven't even opened it yet but it's become an anchor) and MLB 14 and I doubt these prices will hold. Guess I'm making an extra trip over that way this week.

But Sams Club sells amazon giftcards and walmart credit is usable there if you have one nearby

Good to know I can use it at Sam's since I have a free membership there still.

Were people having success converting it to a pre-paid CC?

You guys were not kidding. An older gentleman was working the electronics section and had no idea how to do trade ins. But he was really nice, we ended up going through the process on their computer together. I also had to wait about 15 mins for them to fix the printer.

I traded in 2 copies of Mario Kart 8 for $119.34. All in all worth the trip. Any idea if these prices will hold til tomorrow? 

Traded in Watch Dogs but it was a giant PITA.

When the girl started up the computer I saw the offer but she just clicked over it and signed in, then she spent like 10 minutes trying to find out where it was supposed to be. Finally someone else comes over and now both of them are looking for it and at one point the guy says it would be better just trading as is because I would get $40 over $30? I'm not sure WTF he was talking about but it sounded like they thought it would subtract 50% for whatever reason. Now a third person comes over and they all can't find it, one girl sees in the ad that it says "Select Stores Only" which doesn't make sense since it's in their own God damn ad.

Thankfully I saw Darby27's post and mentioned to them that it's supposed to appear right before you start any trade in when you sign in. So the girl goes back saying "We'll see about that" and sure enough it's there. So she looks all defeated then acts grumpy throughout the rest of the transaction.

Overall I was in the store for about 20 minutes trading one game. Still worth it given I got everything I paid for it.

Buy gas or food

But Sams Club sells amazon giftcards and walmart credit is usable there if you have one nearby
Where at in Sam's Club? Looks like I'll be cashing out my GS credit on UFC and Watchdogs and trading those in, along with another copy of Watchdogs and possibly Mario Kart. Combined with my M&M's promo credit, I should be on track to have my new video card this weekend.

Where at in Sam's Club? Looks like I'll be cashing out my GS credit on UFC and Watchdogs and trading those in, along with another copy of Watchdogs and possibly Mario Kart. Combined with my M&M's promo credit, I should be on track to have my new video card this weekend.
In electronics there's a big display of gift cards and I would imagine they're on there but I've never looked. I want to say I've also seen them on a display represented by one of those over sized cardboard things. Was big and black with a white 'A' and orange smile.

In electronics there's a big display of gift cards and I would imagine they're on there but I've never looked. I want to say I've also seen them on a display represented by one of those over sized cardboard things. Was big and black with a white 'A' and orange smile.
Ok, thanks. I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about now.

Might make my first killer flip today if I can land this right. My bb has 3 preowned infamous. Any other game worth flipping? How exactly would I get the 50 percent extra. Thanks op!

WalMart anything, let alone trade in is going to be ymmv by nature.

And lol at "I'd be furious at losing $5 to preorder the preorder I got bonus money because of"
I never planned on returning the Madden card and don't plan on picking up my Madden pre-order. If these Madden cards didn't end up being actual $5 GC's, then YES, I technically would have lost $5. That's why I would have been upset.

I never planned on returning the Madden card and don't plan on picking up my Madden pre-order. If these Madden cards didn't end up being actual $5 GC's, then YES, I technically would have lost $5. That's why I would have been upset.
I and many others just view it different. Basically I view a preorder deposit of $5 a service fee to get a 50% bonus. Overall they are getting the short end of the stick so I just write off the $5

I and many others just view it different. Basically I view a preorder deposit of $5 a service fee to get a 50% bonus. Overall they are getting the short end of the stick so I just write off the $5
Cost of doing business. People ruin so many Target things because they do dumb things like return $1 pre-order cards.

Off to go see if this works out for me with Watch Dogs, MLB 14, MK8, Pokemon Y, and Bravely Default. Going to turn around and pick up MK8 again from them and then get Y and BD back in the BB B1G1 next week.

Thinking of trading in Mario Kart 8 and buying digitally with eshop credit.
That is EXACTLY the reason why I traded in my physical copy earlier today. I've already logged in 100+ hours with my physical copy and this (like Mario Kart Wii) is a game that will end up reaching a couple thousand hours of play time over the next 5-6 years, thanks to online with friends. That (like my old Wii) will no doubt end up killing the optical drive from wear and tear unless I opt for the digital version...

I RE did my initial comment to add in the 20% bday coupon and 10% PUR.

Halo gets over a 100% ROI if you use a 20% coupon and over 60% if you just have PUR

Trials Fusion gets close to a 60% ROI with birthday coupon. UFC is about equal with fusion and is slightly better at around 65% ROI.

Watchdogs is around 56% but is by far the easiest to find.
Interesting. I just might use a $10 off any preowned item coupon I have for one copy and then the PUR/BDay for a second copy.

Good thinking, I was short sided and apologize.

I'm not going to abuse this too bad, but my plan is:

Buy 2 Copies of Halo 4 (previously mentioned deals)

Trade in MK8, 2 copies of Halo 4

Buy MK8 (New), give code to friend, have about $30 in extra credit.

I'll do this if I can pick up 2 copies of Halo 4 with cases tomorrow.

This! Even *if* you were losing $5, you're making much more than you would without the $5 involved

bread's done
Back