Walmart B&M 50% bonus trade in with Madden 15 preorder, confirmed near $60 for MK8 and next gen Watch Dogs, ends July 19th (saturday)

ritchardf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
368 (100%)
Just saw this in the ad from the sunday paper. You have to pay $5 for the preorder, and you get $15 of MUT content probably when you pick up the game. It doesnt list any restrictions, just says not available in all stores. It does state video game must be in original packaging and customer must be 18 years of age or older.

Ive noticed their trade in values seem to be based off best buy, as they are usually a few cents more or less. This is in store only i assume.

to check values or find out if your store is participating (blue find your walmart square next to search)

http://walmart.cexchange.com/Online/Gaming/index.rails

link to ad (on page 23, middle left of 2 page layout)

http://weeklyad.walmart.com/Walmart/BrowseByPage?storeid=2494509&promotionviewmode=2&promotioncode=LA_Walmart-140713&listingid=0&sneakpeek=N&pagenumber=22

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone figured out what the best flip with GCU would be?  This could be as good or better than the MS trade in offer recently.

I would definately be converting that gift card over to Amazon/Best Buy or whatever I can get.

So when trading games in to get the extra 50% trade-in you need to bring up the madden pre-order card too to get the 50% extra

Damn, no used copies of Watch Dogs at Best Buy in my area, seemed like the best turn around.

For some reason, if you add used Ps4 and Xbox One Watch Dogs to your cart, the XOne version drops to $26.99 and the PS4 version stays at $44.99 (with GCU).  Adding another version doesn't effect the values.  Take the PS4 version out of the cart and the Ps4 version goes back up.

Possibly do one order of XOne version and Ps4 (returned later) version with strange discount, then a separate one using the buy 2 get 1 free welcome coupon.  Sadly, neither Watch Dogs or Mario Kart are in stock near me (used).

edit: realized BB had the buy one current gen get 40% off another

got my account back just to say thanks to op,walmart is the only place I trade in now and I also get a discount there too so this is great for me,I also have a MASSIVE gamestop credit I want to move over to walmart so I mite be hitting this up for the next couple of days,I already have ordered a used copy of watch dogs and a used copy of ea ufc from gamestop to take to trade in,so best case I can move my credit to walmart and make a couple dollars of profit too,THANKS!!

Damn, no used copies of Watch Dogs at Best Buy in my area, seemed like the best turn around.

For some reason, if you add used Ps4 and Xbox One Watch Dogs to your cart, the XOne version drops to $26.99 and the PS4 version stays at $44.99 (with GCU). Adding another version doesn't effect the values. Take the PS4 version out of the cart and the Ps4 version goes back up.

Possibly do one order of XOne version and Ps4 (returned later) version with strange discount, then a separate one using the buy 2 get 1 free welcome coupon. Sadly, neither Watch Dogs or Mario Kart are in stock near me (used).

edit: realized BB had the buy one current gen get 40% off another
wish you could do the buy one get 1 40% off on the same game. Ordered 3 pre-owned infamous ss's but you can only do 1 per transaction :/. Anyone know if I could use my b2g1 off preowned games submitting a ticket or w/e via unlocked forum (3 games via 3 transactions.....same game)

Does the game have to have a barcode to be traded in at Wal-Mart?  I have the steelcase version of The Last of Us.  Don't really need it with the PS4 version coming soon.  However, Target refused to take it back during the 3X due to the lack of a barcode on the back of the case.

Does the game have to have a barcode to be traded in at Wal-Mart? I have the steelcase version of The Last of Us. Don't really need it with the PS4 version coming soon. However, Target refused to take it back during the 3X due to the lack of a barcode on the back of the case.
Has to be the regular / standard version I believe so I guess you just need the original standard case.

Does the game have to have a barcode to be traded in at Wal-Mart? I have the steelcase version of The Last of Us. Don't really need it with the PS4 version coming soon. However, Target refused to take it back during the 3X due to the lack of a barcode on the back of the case.
I'll trade you my regular case for your steelcase If you want to trade in. I can ship this afternoon priority mail so you would have it Wednesday or Thursday at latest

Walmart and Target both feed CEX. Same policies. No bar code, no go. That steelbook would probably sell for a decent amount on eBay, especially if you still have the other extras. Survivor and Post Pandemic both sold through pretty fast and resell for silly prices.

Walmart and Target both feed CEX. Same policies. No bar code, no go. That steelbook would probably sell for a decent amount on eBay, especially if you still have the other extras. Survivor and Post Pandemic both sold through pretty fast and resell for silly prices.
i believe target uses nextworth, kmart and i believe radio shack use CEX

here we go again...

The unemployed flippers on this degraded website will ruin another retailers trade in program.

Thanks in advance to all the losers who exploit this.

Wow, if those values for MK8 and Watch Dogs hold through tomorrow, I might trade in one of each after picking up my preorder of One Piece: Unlimited World Red :)vita:). :shock:

I can send you the regular case for your steel case. Can ship priority mail today if needed

Do these paper gift cards expire or are they like regular gift cards

Could use extra cash when I'm on vacation later this month in California

I've got plenty of old games for $15 after promo to trade in

Best I've been able to find is EA Sports UFC.

Sale price: 49.99

GCU Price: 39.99

TIV: 40.80 x1.5 = 61.2

For me, with tax, this works out to a little more than $18 profit per copy.  And the same price works for both PS4 and XB1.

I've only ever did traded ins online for walmart and never instore.

Anyone know a good walmart  to do accecpt/trade-ins in Northern Virginia?

Apparently in Florida, there is a new rule that Walmart doesn't give a gift card. You have to spend the WHOLE value on GAMES. I'm going through with the trade and hoping that I can return the games and get credit back.

Update- they scan at the trade in kiosk what you are going to buy. It prints out a type of gift card that didn't look like the ones from online trading.

He then went to the regular register and rang out my games. He scanned the gift card, and I paid the difference.

He receipt shows my credit card and shop. Card redemption followed by info like a regular gift card.

Looks like I'll be able to return it with the receipt and get the credit back on a gift card.

Apparently in Florida, there is a new rule that Walmart doesn't give a gift card. You have to spend the WHOLE value on GAMES. I'm going through with the trade and hoping that I can return the games and get credit back.

Update- they scan at the trade in kiosk what you are going to buy. It prints out a type of gift card that didn't look like the ones from online trading.

He then went to the regular register and rang out my games. He scanned the gift card, and I paid the difference.

He receipt shows my credit card and shop. Card redemption followed by info like a regular gift card.

Looks like I'll be able to return it with the receipt and get the credit back on a gift card.
That's the same bullshit people went through with target in Florida.

That's the same bullshit people went through with target in Florida.
I don't live in Florida, but I thought the rule was that you had to spend the credit at the time of the trade, but not that you had to spend it specifically on games. You should be able to bring other items to the electronics/trade counter for purchase.

Ha Ha Ha,
I basically did the trade myself.
Four people in electronics and none of them knew what to do, so the lady swung the computer around towards me, and I figured it out.
You guys are going to want to make sure they choose the option for the Madden preorder FIRST, before you start entering game titles. There is no where else to enter it for the bonus, except right as the get into the program.
Its not hard,
Look up each game title, add to cart, answer a few questions, type in your Drivers License info, and it will print something you have to sign, and your giftcard. It actually seems pretty painless once you get going.

Oh, and I never had to actually preorder anything.

Ha Ha Ha,
I basically did the trade myself.
Four people in electronics and none of them knew what to do, so the lady swung the computer around towards me, and I figured it out.
You guys are going to want to make sure they choose the option for the Madden preorder FIRST, before you start entering game titles. There is no where else to enter it for the bonus, except right as the get into the program.
Its not hard,
Look up each game title, add to cart, answer a few questions, type in your Drivers License info, and it will print something you have to sign, and your giftcard. It actually seems pretty painless once you get going.

Oh, and I never had to actually preorder anything.
Lmao yeah it's super simple. If ANYONE runs into a electronics or connections associate who says they don't know how to, get them to try it anyways. It's almost exactly the same as the CExchange website, just you have to enter some more info and do a print out.

I don't live in Florida, but I thought the rule was that you had to spend the credit at the time of the trade, but not that you had to spend it specifically on games. You should be able to bring other items to the electronics/trade counter for purchase.
The items to purchase had to be in the kiosk using the trade website. Couldn't even use collector's edition because the UPC wouldn't register. I watched everything he was doing, there wasn't any way to finish the transaction without entering games that were over the trade credit value.

The part I'm not sure about was if you could get them to ring out other stuff at the register as the kiosk didn't communicate with the checkout at all. The guys at my Walmart were adamant that they were told this week it HAD to be games.

Thanks... I am assuming trade in happen at customer service. After your trade in transaction is complete do they hand over an egift card.

Check the values beforehand they should match up. Its possible the worker got you for not including original case which would have lowered the value.
I tested this theory last night on the website and unless I check both "in working condition" and "includes original case" the value comes up as $0. They said I could call them ahead of time to find out what the value would be, but I'm not sure what I will do if they tell me the lower value again...

I tested this theory last night on the website and unless I check both "in working condition" and "includes original case" the value comes up as $0. They said I could call them ahead of time to find out what the value would be, but I'm not sure what I will do if they tell me the lower value again...
Yes, to get full value, your games must have the original case and be in working condition. Assuming they are, if the employee offers you a lower value, tell them that they need to select working condition and includes case in their system.

Yes, to get full value, your games must have the original case and be in working condition. Assuming they are, if the employee offers you a lower value, tell them that they need to select working condition and includes case in their system.
The point I was trying to make is that unless I select both of those options the value of the game is $0 when I trade it in. So I'm not sure how they arrived at the other value ($3 + change vs. $8 + change) when I went to the store to trade it in. I think I'll call them and ask them what they value is today...

The point I was trying to make is that unless I select both of those options the value of the game is $0 when I trade it in. So I'm not sure how they arrived at the other value ($3 + change vs. $8 + change) when I went to the store to trade it in. I think I'll call them and ask them what they value is today...
I just called and they offered $7 for the game...WTF...

EDIT: I just checked and I think they quoted me for the price of the 3DS version of the game and not the DS version of the game. I'm stopping by to confirm after work.

bread's done
Back