Walmart B&M 50% bonus trade in with Madden 15 preorder, confirmed near $60 for MK8 and next gen Watch Dogs, ends July 19th (saturday)

ritchardf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
369 (100%)
Just saw this in the ad from the sunday paper. You have to pay $5 for the preorder, and you get $15 of MUT content probably when you pick up the game. It doesnt list any restrictions, just says not available in all stores. It does state video game must be in original packaging and customer must be 18 years of age or older.

Ive noticed their trade in values seem to be based off best buy, as they are usually a few cents more or less. This is in store only i assume.

to check values or find out if your store is participating (blue find your walmart square next to search)

http://walmart.cexchange.com/Online/Gaming/index.rails

link to ad (on page 23, middle left of 2 page layout)

http://weeklyad.walmart.com/Walmart/BrowseByPage?storeid=2494509&promotionviewmode=2&promotioncode=LA_Walmart-140713&listingid=0&sneakpeek=N&pagenumber=22

Last edited by a moderator:
Im failing to see the flip-porunity here. Seeems like with most games mentioned there is only about a $10 profit? Maybe im not understanding it correctly.

Im failing to see the flip-porunity here. Seeems like with most games mentioned there is only about a $10 profit? Maybe im not understanding it correctly.
this is only good if you already played through the games like watchdogs and mk8. trading them back and getting your money back. So not really any profit from these titles.

I had a pretty good success today:

Went to Target and PM'd 2 MK8's to Amazon's $48.xx price but they somehow made it $47.99 each.  Used the 15% off Cartwheel for a total of $81.xx.  Gonna sell the 2 CN codes for $15 Amazon if anyone here is interested.

Then went next door to GS and after trading in Black Flag :XB1: I picked up Watch Dogs :Xb1: and :360: Halo 4 for $48.xx after PUR and B-day.  Also got 2 B2G1 under $20 codes so I'll do another set of Halo's tomorrow.

Took those and a :ps4: Watch Dogs I got for $48 from Target last week trying to stack the preorder promo but hadnt returned yet to Walmart, electronics guy knew exactly what he was doing and I got $253.xx on 2 e-gift cards.  Took those to a cashier and got them onto a regular plastic GC with no problems.  Big thanks to the OP and others for posting!

That is EXACTLY the reason why I traded in my physical copy earlier today. I've already logged in 100+ hours with my physical copy and this (like Mario Kart Wii) is a game that will end up reaching a couple thousand hours of play time over the next 5-6 years, thanks to online with friends. That (like my old Wii) will no doubt end up killing the optical drive from wear and tear unless I opt for the digital version...
If the trade in value holds till tomorrow I'm going to trade it in, and just buy eshop with the credit.

SE Detroit CAGs DO NOT GO TO THE 14 MILE AND VAN DYKE STORE.

They do NOT do the trades despite the website saying they do. The guy said they're supposed to but they never got the equipment.

Does anyone think these trade in values will last all week? Otherwise i think ill make a trade in tomorrow & try again later in the week after i beat a few more games.

Was able to return some of the clothes I bought with the paper gift card because they didn't fit, was planning on keeping them but now ordering them online, anyways I returned that and got the $ put on a plastic gift card, then I decided to return my madden pre order card and did that no problem also and put the $5 on the other plastic gift card.

I won't turn this into a rant about hard core flippin' - but not every deal here has to be the Target 3X Fiasco to be a good deal for the majority of us. I made about 170 dollars todays and here's what I gave up -

Muramasa Reborn Vita - I got it free digitally from PSN+.

The Last of Us PS3 - already have the PS4 version ordered from Best Buy.

Grand Theft Auto 5 PS3 - Already decided to upgrade to PS4 this fall.

Halo 4 XBOX360 - will get it back when I buy Master Chief Collection this fall.

Need For Speed Rivals PS4 - got 35 dollars credit, rebought it used off Gamefly for 18.30 (did use a 5 dollar coupon to knock price down)

NBA 2K14 XBONE - Season over and I am bored with current game - will wait for 2K15

Battlefield 4 XBONE - Tired of the game so no big lose

Not to mention that I got the XBONE NBA 2K14 with FIFA 2K14 (which I traded in already for close to 30 bucks last month) plus Titanfall and a 10 dollar MSN store credit for 65 dollars out of pocket - heck, in the end, it's like they paid me to take Titanfall.

So, while I didn't make any where near as much as the Target rush, I was able to get rid of some games that I am either upgrading to Next Gen or were done with. In exchange, my wife has 170 dollars to pay for gas and buy groceries at Wal-Mart. Every dollar that she uses off the card is a dollar that will not come out of our checking account so win-win in my opinion.

I didn't care for Watchdogs (didn't make it past Act 1) and regretted getting Arkham Origins from gamefly, so trade offer worked out great for me.  Got pretty much what I paid for back.  Only problem was that the printer that the print out was sent to (about 6 times) was not the same one at the desk, so they finally found the printouts after about 40 minutes of trying to find out what was wrong with the printer.  Since there were multiple printouts I bought 2 games and will return them tomorrow.  Hopefully they will put the credit in plastic this time.  

I had a painless experience tonight.  Went back to electronics and some younger kid did the trade.  It took all of 5 minutes and the bonus is he didn't bother or just forgot to put in the reserve card so I got the 50% and got to keep the $5.

Cashed out 8x.xx in GS credit on Watchdogs :xb1: and UFC :ps4: and walked out with 120.xx.  If values hold, I'll dump off some more stuff tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me how you check the value on this paper card?

Edit- It's the last 16 of the crazy long number.

Didn't spend a dime on the Madden preorder!

I grabbed a Madden card and went to the electronics register and did the trade in first, then I used the trade in credit to pay for the Madden card, then I went to self checkout and used the Madden card as a $5 giftcard on some food. $59.76 credit on both MK8 and Watchdogs which I originally paid $35 each.

Brought a small stack of games that I had lying around, some of which I will rebuy later, and made sure that she knew I was preordering Madden. Some of them were high value (watchdogs, MK8), so it had to be done in 2 transactions. So glad that I precalculated my values, because she came up short on the second transaction, and then she tried to tell me that since she applied the bonus to the first transaction, she wasn't going to apply it to the second. It wasn't a big transaction (titanfall X1, Halo 4, Dishonored 360), but that isn't the point.

Just calculated that I would get $202.40 for 9 games that are just literally lying around my house. None of them are doubles so can I trade them all in at the same time? Or does it have to be a certain number at a time with no doubles?

Well I have a feeling this paper thing is going to be a pain in the ass to spend.  At the store I got it the guy couldn't figure out how to get it accepted so he didn't make me buy the card.  Stopped at a second Walmart on the way home to buy something else and they had the same problem and then the manager basically accused me of making a fake gift card and tried to not give it back to me.

I hate Walmart so much.

Well I have a feeling this paper thing is going to be a pain in the ass to spend. At the store I got it the guy couldn't figure out how to get it accepted so he didn't make me buy the card. Stopped at a second Walmart on the way home to buy something else and they had the same problem and then the manager basically accused me of making a fake gift card and tried to not give it back to me.

I hate Walmart so much.
it ain't The paper card sorry to break this to you but I think they just dislike you lol the time frame it took for the price glitch refund was a hint I think lol

Forgot to mention, I bought, among other things, donuts with some of my credit. The donuts are 58 cents each, or $4.50 a dozen. Of course I got a dozen. When I checked out, the lady asked how many I had, and I told her "a dozen. The way they are priced, it doesn't make sense to get less than a dozen". When I got home, I checked the receipt and I was charged 58 cents each. I need to go back tomorrow anyway to pick up MK8 web order that they didn't get ready in time for pickup tonight.

Too bad Walmart won't carry the $70 Ultimate Team Edition, that seems to be only at Fry's, GS, AZ, and Target.

Do you think the values will change overnight? I think they will last one more day and then drop on Wednesday. Seems like everyone was going nuts for the target promo and I have a feeling tomorrow will be walmarts day.

Do you think the values will change overnight? I think they will last one more day and then drop on Wednesday. Seems like everyone was going nuts for the target promo and I have a feeling tomorrow will be walmarts day.
The values tend to drop at random, so it's hard to say.

So what are the steps, tell the trade in person that I want to pre-order Madden for $5 and then give the games to trade in?

I live in FL. I saw that there was some special law that applies to this. Can anyone explain it to me?

If the trade in value holds till tomorrow I'm going to trade it in, and just buy eshop with the credit.
Used my 20% off eShop cards from Best Buy for this purchase. Started downloading Mario Kart 8 a little over two hours ago and it finished and installed in just over an hour.

Then I logged into Club Nintendo right after and got the offer for a free download code and chose Wii Party U! lol. That has been downloading for the past 40+ minutes. Now it's installing!

Plus $6 and $4 back in Deluxe Digital Promotion credit for Mario Kart 8 and Wii Party U respectively! Awsome! :D/ :bouncy:. Definitely go in tomorrow and do this deal before it's too late!

Apparently in Florida, there is a new rule that Walmart doesn't give a gift card. You have to spend the WHOLE value on GAMES. I'm going through with the trade and hoping that I can return the games and get credit back.

Update- they scan at the trade in kiosk what you are going to buy. It prints out a type of gift card that didn't look like the ones from online trading.

He then went to the regular register and rang out my games. He scanned the gift card, and I paid the difference.

He receipt shows my credit card and shop. Card redemption followed by info like a regular gift card.

Looks like I'll be able to return it with the receipt and get the credit back on a gift card.
Shoot I found it. Damn that sucks. Let me know if you can return the games for a gift card. Damn FL laws, cant complain because there are not too many of them lol

Well I have a feeling this paper thing is going to be a pain in the ass to spend. At the store I got it the guy couldn't figure out how to get it accepted so he didn't make me buy the card. Stopped at a second Walmart on the way home to buy something else and they had the same problem and then the manager basically accused me of making a fake gift card and tried to not give it back to me.

I hate Walmart so much.
I didn't care for the paper either. I traded in and then went straight to the front after my trade in and swapped out the paper for a plastic Walmart gift card. Tomorrow I plan on trying to cash out the Walmart GC toward a loadable MasterCard but I heard that is very YMMV.

Back when I traded into walmart online, I got emailed a gc I printed out. Then I bought something I ended up returning 4 days later. I got back cash.

Is it possible to return something from trading in instore and getting cash back?

Back when I traded into walmart online, I got emailed a gc I printed out. Then I bought something I ended up returning 4 days later. I got back cash.

Is it possible to return something from trading in instore and getting cash back?
I might just buy something returnable and take it back a couple days later. Seems a lot easier than trying to argue with stupid cashiers. Probably going to do it at Sam's as well since the credit works both ways and their return policy is basically just bring it back for any reason within 90 days.

More than likely they will put the return back on a GC especially if it's a larger amount. For smaller amounts though a spoonful of sugar might result in cash back but that is wildly YMMV.

Does WM care if I trade in multiple copies of the same game across multiple platforms? (thinking about doing it for Watch Dogs to move credit)

Is this 2 per transaction or per month or lifetime? I have seen several people say this but I am not sure what exactly this means.
That I have no idea. I'm sure you could do another 2 of the same title / console you already did on a seperate transaction. Although IF it does work, no clue if that results in a ban or something. No idea.

I just talked with my local store in FL. They said that if I did trade in anything then I would get a gift card that I could use in the store. So I do not know if the whole "you have to use the credit on another game" is either in some FL towns or not. I am going to check this out as soon as my best buy opens up because I want to  pick up some preowned Infamous.

Is this 2 per transaction or per month or lifetime? I have seen several people say this but I am not sure what exactly this means.
Pretty sure it's two of the same title/console per person for life. When trying to do some online a while back, it recognized that I had already done two of the same game even though I was trying all three as separate transactions. The fact that you have to hand your ID over in store for this to go through is how they verify.

bread's done
Back