Walmart B&M 50% bonus trade in with Madden 15 preorder, confirmed near $60 for MK8 and next gen Watch Dogs, ends July 19th (saturday)

ritchardf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
370 (100%)
Just saw this in the ad from the sunday paper. You have to pay $5 for the preorder, and you get $15 of MUT content probably when you pick up the game. It doesnt list any restrictions, just says not available in all stores. It does state video game must be in original packaging and customer must be 18 years of age or older.

Ive noticed their trade in values seem to be based off best buy, as they are usually a few cents more or less. This is in store only i assume.

to check values or find out if your store is participating (blue find your walmart square next to search)

http://walmart.cexchange.com/Online/Gaming/index.rails

link to ad (on page 23, middle left of 2 page layout)

http://weeklyad.walmart.com/Walmart/BrowseByPage?storeid=2494509&promotionviewmode=2&promotioncode=LA_Walmart-140713&listingid=0&sneakpeek=N&pagenumber=22

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course UFC went down, I ordered another copy from Best Buy last night.....
Maybe I'll actually play this one.

Funny,
I was adding up all of my Xbox Live free trials last night from all of the flips I've done recently, and I'm up to 119 days.

Returning the other copy of Watchdogs, and I have two copies of Angry Birds SW :ps4: and :xb1: held to two nearby stores.  Those are down to $9.99/ea at GS and trade for $15 base at Walmart...  After BD coupons, that will turn ~$15 into $45..  Let's just hope they have the original art.

Returning the other copy of Watchdogs, and I have two copies of Angry Birds SW :ps4: and :xb1: held to two nearby stores. Those are down to $9.99/ea at GS and trade for $15 base at Walmart... After BD coupons, that will turn ~$15 into $45.. Let's just hope they have the original art.
thanks for the tip, I have 2 B2G1 under $20 codes as well...should make a nice profit out of that.

I only have the b2g1 under $20 being valid from 7/28-8/3. Is there another one out there you can use today?

I knew this was gonna happen... the values dropping within a day or so. Trading in MK8 for just short of $60 is crazy. If you plan on trading this in you better do so fast! To good of a deal to pass up!

It's 2 per transaction. I traded in 6 copies of the same game for the same platform yesterday. My walmart had absolutely no problems with me doing it.

First Ninokuni, now Mario Kart 8? What's next, Wal-Mart? I had to buy the reserve card for Madden, but I just went up to the front and returned it. xD

Returning the other copy of Watchdogs, and I have two copies of Angry Birds SW :ps4: and :xb1: held to two nearby stores. Those are down to $9.99/ea at GS and trade for $15 base at Walmart... After BD coupons, that will turn ~$15 into $45.. Let's just hope they have the original art.
are those 9.99 prices online only? when i choose hold for store pick up it says "in store price 24.99". my gamestop doesnt do any kind of price matching, even to their own website

Just came back from round 2 at my store.  Had an older guy do the trades today and he said it was a 4 per day limit so I got stuck with an extra copy of MGS for PS4.  Also when I got the giftcard I had $5 taken off the trade, so I hope I can return it no problem.  But anyway, traded Halo 4, Ground Zeroes :ps4: and :xb1:, and Angry Birds :ps4: for $73.xx so $68.xx after the Madden preorder.  Went over to the cashier and got my egift card on a regular GC no problem.  

Price match mk 8 @ bb to walmart.com price of $48.61. 3 copies for around 150 after tax. Should get almost 180 if i can trade in all 3. Plus the free games. Dont even own a wii u. Lol

Price match mk 8 @ bb to walmart.com price of $48.61. 3 copies for around 150 after tax. Should get almost 180 if i can trade in all 3. Plus the free games. Dont even own a wii u. Lol
dont those free games offer expire in sept? I would have done the same but dont plan on buying a wii u soon.

dont those free games offer expire in sept? I would have done the same but dont plan on buying a wii u soon.
You have to register them on CN by the end of the month, pick your game by the end of August, redeem the code on the console by the end of September.

My walmart totally sucks.  I'm positive I was the first to try and do this trade-in bonus.  They didn't even know it was in the ad.  I was there for like 30-40 minutes just for them to not want to do it because they didn't have the presell cards for Madden, which they said were required to give me the extra 50%.  I told them the system would let them do it without them, but they refused.  They tried throwing excuses beforehand like saying their store wasn't a participating store, but I had done my research and I made sure before I went that it was.  Once that didn't work they just flat out told me they couldn't do anything.  

All xbox one games : COD, Battlefield, metal gear, madden, watch dogs. Got 136.and change . Anyone know what to say or do to get this paper GC onto plastic .

Well this is great, I have 24k PUR points. I can get multiple steals of the weeks for $5 off a PS4 or X1 game. About to go to Gamestop and get 4 copies of MGS5: GZ. Combine w/ the Madden 15 promo and I get $61.52 (going to trade w/ a friend) but only spend $20. Great deal to be had.

Is there a limit on the same game that can be traded and if there is, can they override it?

Well this is great, I have 24k PUR points. I can get multiple steals of the weeks for $5 off a PS4 or X1 game. About to go to Gamestop and get 4 copies of MGS5: GZ. Combine w/ the Madden 15 promo and I get $61.52 (going to trade w/ a friend) but only spend $20. Great deal to be had.

Is there a limit on the same game that can be traded and if there is, can they override it?
I think there's a 2-copy limit now, though some have said they were able to trade in more than that with multiple transactions.

Like all things walmart, zreward.com is complete junk. Captcha wont come up on IE or Firefox and when you google it people have been complaining for days about the website.  Of course there is no contact button but it is powered by incomm who have no email support.

ya zreward is down sometimes. but i do enjoy the "free" vudu credit :D

but i do agree that walmart sucks in SO many ways. this promo is good, but just not good enough for me to do it again. it's a pity that a 5 min process usually turn out to be a 45-60 min drag

Traded in a total of 10 angry birds today after work and I actually did the trade in for them ,three separate times haha. Walmart you're the best

Made close to a thousand dollars in just two trips once this past Sunday and today. After today trade in prices are going to tank, lol.

Traded in a total of 10 angry birds today after work and I actually did the trade in for them ,three separate times haha. Walmart you're the best

Made close to a thousand dollars in just two trips once this past Sunday and today. After today trade in prices are going to tank, lol.
Slickdeals is that-a-way --->

man I thought this was a post by Twitter at first

Went to Walmart Electronics with stack of 9 games. They tell me they "do not accept pre-owned games for trade in". LOL. After they searched through a bunch of papers for 40 minutes, they finally said they would do them. After they scan them all, they said, "It's over $250,  the system won't let us do it". So I asked if they could remove one of the Mario Kart 8 games, and do it in a separate transaction. They said sure. They ask, "Are you getting another Madden pre-order card?" I say, "Do I have to in order to get the bonus?" They said no, then she scans Mario Kart, does not tell me the price, prints off the gift card, and says, "Here is your $39."........WTF......I said what about the bonus? She said she was sorry, but that it had already been scanned and there was nothing she could do. Cost me about $20 in bonus.  Took 4 employees and 90 minutes to do a trade in. Not surprising, it is Walmart. 

Went to Walmart Electronics with stack of 9 games. They tell me they "do not accept pre-owned games for trade in". LOL. After they searched through a bunch of papers for 40 minutes, they finally said they would do them. After they scan them all, they said, "It's over $250, the system won't let us do it". So I asked if they could remove one of the Mario Kart 8 games, and do it in a separate transaction. They said sure. They ask, "Are you getting another Madden pre-order card?" I say, "Do I have to in order to get the bonus?" They said no, then she scans Mario Kart, does not tell me the price, prints off the gift card, and says, "Here is your $39."........WTF......I said what about the bonus? She said she was sorry, but that it had already been scanned and there was nothing she could do. Cost me about $20 in bonus. Took 4 employees and 90 minutes to do a trade in. Not surprising, it is Walmart.
nothing they could do? A manager surely could of store expensed a $20 gift card for customer service since it was there mistake. I would of pushed it honestly since she pretty much told you it would go through right without another preorder

Pretty terrible time here also.  Traded in one of each Angry Birds and Ground Zero.  No one at the electronics desk so I had to go to customer service.  None of the monkeys there knew what to do.  took about 40 mins with finally a manager showing up for the last 5 mins.  They didn't know how to get the credit on a card and they just needed to print out the papers to sign.  The manager came and printed (had to go into the back?) and then funded a card using the barcode on the printout.

I hope it's easier in the electronic dept the next time I go.

BTW, for those of you who have done multiple trips, have they been able to fund or put other credit on an existing GC?  Sorry if it's been asked already, probably missed the reply.

So you can basically do as many games as you need in one transaction? as long as the total doesn't exceed $250 for some strange reason? Or is it just pretty YMMV?

The manager came and printed (had to go into the back?) and then funded a card using the barcode on the printout.

If you're saying you got a plastic card then you should feel fortunate and that was a few extra minutes well spent. This paper thing is a nightmare so far.

I was able to get the paper certificate onto a gift card.  The first lady had no idea what I wanted to do after I said, "I'd like to buy a gift card with the amount on this certificate so I don't have to carry a piece of paper around every time I go shopping."

After she messed up the first time, someone helped her and it wasn't a problem.  She just followed the instructions on the certificate like I was making a purchase, and then I bought a gift card with it.

The online store checker that tells you if the store does trade ins doesn't always work, so you might want to call ahead of time.  The one I went to by my house was on the list, but apparently after being told by a manager to go to electronics to do it, I was told by a different manager they don't do enough volume so they don't offer it.  Ended up having to drive 15 minutes to another store, but got it all done :)

Do we have a how to do a trade in for dummies guide for the employees that don't know how to? My two closet stores are participating, but don't any of the employees know how to do it

Good deal for those who get in on it, but I'm going to pass. I just despise WalMart. The stores (at least around me) are dirty, depressing and full of disgusting people. I probably only go to WalMart 3 times a year so it isn't really worth it. I'd rather keep my Best Buy and GameStop credit as it is or convert to Amazon. I still have like 200 dollars is Walmart gift cards from last year that I never use. Also it doesn't help that the Walmart closest to me is pretty much in the crappiest area around and I never, ever go there (if possible lol).

The online store checker that tells you if the store does trade ins doesn't always work, so you might want to call ahead of time. The one I went to by my house was on the list, but apparently after being told by a manager to go to electronics to do it, I was told by a different manager they don't do enough volume so they don't offer it. Ended up having to drive 15 minutes to another store, but got it all done :)
Call anyway because of the three closest stores to me one wasn't set up and another didn't have a working printer.

bread's done
Back