Walmart B&M 50% bonus trade in with Madden 15 preorder, confirmed near $60 for MK8 and next gen Watch Dogs, ends July 19th (saturday)

ritchardf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
369 (100%)
Just saw this in the ad from the sunday paper. You have to pay $5 for the preorder, and you get $15 of MUT content probably when you pick up the game. It doesnt list any restrictions, just says not available in all stores. It does state video game must be in original packaging and customer must be 18 years of age or older.

Ive noticed their trade in values seem to be based off best buy, as they are usually a few cents more or less. This is in store only i assume.

to check values or find out if your store is participating (blue find your walmart square next to search)

http://walmart.cexchange.com/Online/Gaming/index.rails

link to ad (on page 23, middle left of 2 page layout)

http://weeklyad.walmart.com/Walmart/BrowseByPage?storeid=2494509&promotionviewmode=2&promotioncode=LA_Walmart-140713&listingid=0&sneakpeek=N&pagenumber=22

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone tell me why the big rush to trade games to walmart?? I understand it's profit but when games cost more not much gain right? I never see them have amazing deals on games.. unless you guys are all stockpiling for another Walmart.com glitch then I could see why  :D/

I just made a trade earlier, and noticed something...if the walmart worker gets a copy of your paperwork and gift card, then I suggest you use up the gift card right away, then walk straight to customer service to return the items to get another gift card.  If the walmart worker is shady, they might use your paper gift card later.

Can someone tell me why the big rush to trade games to walmart?? I understand it's profit but when games cost more not much gain right? I never see them have amazing deals on games.. unless you guys are all stockpiling for another Walmart.com glitch then I could see why :D/
Can someone tell me why the big rush to trade games to walmart?? I understand it's profit but when games cost more not much gain right? I never see them have amazing deals on games.. unless you guys are all stockpiling for another Walmart.com glitch then I could see why :D/
You can use the walmart gift card to buy Kindle cards at Sams Club. So the sooner you cash in on the profit, the better.

There's a way to change that credit into cash.

has it been 100% confirmed that sams sell Kindle cards? a few months ago i couldnt find them at my Sams

free 1 day pass here http://help.samsclub.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/279/~/one-day-pass

you may have to pay 10% service fee tho, except California, South Carolina, or Elmsford, NY
Now I am going to hop on this, hopefully its still a good deal in the morning, once I am off work at 8am I am head straight to Wally world! Thanks guys for the helpful chime in on my question

Ohhhh that makes sense.. im SOL then bcus I have no sams club membership
I have a membership, but I don't think you need one, since you will have a GIFT card. So you should be free to use that gift card at their store, Sams Club. It's like the Costco loophole. If you have a Costco gift card, you won't need a membership so long as you always have enough money in that gift card to spend at costco.

First trade in at wal mart it was a Easy process took about 7 minutes. Traded in X1 Marvel/Plants/Battlefield & Ps4 Watch Dogs for $131. Hopefully beat a few more games this week & make some more trade ins. Do you get the 50% bonus for any system? was thinking bout trading in some 360 & wii games too.

I have a membership, but I don't think you need one, since you will have a GIFT card. So you should be free to use that gift card at their store, Sams Club. It's like the Costco loophole. If you have a Costco gift card, you won't need a membership so long as you always have enough money in that gift card to spend at costco.
According to this, there is a 10% surcharge for nonmembers using Walmart gift card at Sam's: http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/183

Haven't tried it myself.

Did my second round of trades today.

Traded in 1 each of Angry Birds SW for :xb1: and :ps4:, Watchdogs :xb1: and Mario Kart 8.  And once again, I didn't even need to get the preorder card and walked out with $157.xx. 

I placed an order for replacement Mario Kart 8 for $48 as soon as I got home and will pick that up tomorrow.  

can someone PM me the process for successfuly buying a prepaid Mastercard/Visa with a Walmart GC? No self checkouts at mine.
From my experience

1) get a prepaid credit card with an exact denomination, you might have a higher chance of succeeding if you use a vanilla prepaid card
2) bring to cashier, buy it the same way you would with your grocery.

If you're saying you got a plastic card then you should feel fortunate and that was a few extra minutes well spent. This paper thing is a nightmare so far.
Most stores by my side of Michigan won't convert the eGift Card to a regular gift card. I've had problems in the past out here.

Most stores by my side of Michigan won't convert the eGift Card to a regular gift card. I've had problems in the past out here.
Spend the egift card on an item...then return the item to customer service, they will give you a plastic gift card.

im in new york city. closest one near me is in deep new jersey smh. walmart has attempted many times to put one here but they were rejected as many small businesses would be killed off here in an instant if one acually was put here
Also stores in Long Island, NY don't seem to do trade ins. Closest one is White Plains, NY or North Bergen, NJ

Pretty terrible time here also. Traded in one of each Angry Birds and Ground Zero. No one at the electronics desk so I had to go to customer service. None of the monkeys there knew what to do. took about 40 mins with finally a manager showing up for the last 5 mins. They didn't know how to get the credit on a card and they just needed to print out the papers to sign. The manager came and printed (had to go into the back?) and then funded a card using the barcode on the printout.

I hope it's easier in the electronic dept the next time I go.

BTW, for those of you who have done multiple trips, have they been able to fund or put other credit on an existing GC? Sorry if it's been asked already, probably missed the reply.
I did another trade in tonight and had my paper from two days ago with me. I had to go to customer service with a blank gift card but the lady was able to get both paper GC onto one plastic GC. From what i can tell you can keep loading the same gift card but they have to do the paper GC transaction one at a time to load it.

No words can express how H O R R I B L E my Walmart experience was today , I guess it also doesn't help that I live in South Florida......

First I walk up to this one Guy and he's like wait a minute be right back, leaves the register alone for easily 30+ minutes.......

Then there's another worker which what appears like hiding in the aisle and clearly sees me standing there waiting for someone, he finally comes over and decides to help me.

The first thing he tells me is we don't have Madden Pre-Order cards, there's at least 100+ of those cards I reply....... Then when I bring them he says that trade in policy has changed and you have to use all of the money to buy another video game....... I tell him it's for Madden 15 the game hasn't come out yet, he gave me that lost look on his face like he had no idea what I was talking about......

I guess after a couple of minutes it finally clicked in and he started the trade in process. First thing he says is wow $59 dollars, is this right, blah blah blah.... Then he's like the trade in system is down it's not working right now.

I tell him well reboot the system, he's like that could take 10 mins, I'm like okay I'll wait.

Finally starts the process again took him about 15-20 mins and he's like it's not working, another 10 mins an he's like "oh I figured it out"......

The credit is giving on some piece of paper and I'm like what is this, I want a regular gift card.... He then proceeds to tell me to go to customer service.

I go to customer service and they are even more lost. 1 employee goes to another, to another, to another and finally tells me you can use that paper online..... I just leave.

Come back and noticed you cannot use it online as it's not a 16 digit code and just some upc code that's on the paper, I then ask for a manager and the male employee goes somewhere else and never comes back. I just leave the store and go home....

So I'm sitting here with a $5.00 pre-order reciept which I will return and the rest on some piece of paper with a upc code which guess I have to buy something and return as well. Such a bad process just to trade something in. People beware, even though I got $59 for Mario kart 8 the whole process is a headache.

Finally why is Mario Kart $59.99 in store and like $48 online, funny thing is they don't price match, even funnier is you can order online and pick up in store at the $48 price.......

Man this is just too much, Walmart is simply the worst

No words can express how H O R R I B L E my Walmart experience was today , I guess it also doesn't help that I live in South Florida......
I think you could have just left it there and we would have all understood.

Come back and noticed you cannot use it online as it's not a 16 digit code and just some upc code that's on the paper, I then ask for a manager and the male employee goes somewhere else and never comes back. I just leave the store and go home....

It's the last 16 digits of the long number FYI. Figured that out last night while trying to make sure I actually got my money.

Failed to trade in games at 2 Walmarts today. The first one the guy couldn't get the promo to work and said that their equipment wasn't working correctly and the other one didn't do trades past 9pm. A bit of gas wasted but I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Also don't think I'll do this again with Wal-mart. Just gonna have to stick to gamestop whenever they have a sweet deal.

Had enough in my games to probably get a Wii U, but I'll just sit on the credit until something good comes up, like black friday.

First I walk up to this one Guy and he's like wait a minute be right back, leaves the register alone for easily 30+ minutes.......

Then there's another worker which what appears like hiding in the aisle and clearly sees me standing there waiting for someone, he finally comes over and decides to help me.

The first thing he tells me is we don't have Madden Pre-Order cards, there's at least 100+ of those cards I reply....... Then when I bring them he says that trade in policy has changed and you have to use all of the money to buy another video game....... I tell him it's for Madden 15 the game hasn't come out yet, he gave me that lost look on his face like he had no idea what I was talking about......

I guess after a couple of minutes it finally clicked in and he started the trade in process. First thing he says is wow $59 dollars, is this right, blah blah blah.... Then he's like the trade in system is down it's not working right now.

I tell him well reboot the system, he's like that could take 10 mins, I'm like okay I'll wait.

Finally starts the process again took him about 15-20 mins and he's like it's not working, another 10 mins an he's like "oh I figured it out"......

The credit is giving on some piece of paper and I'm like what is this, I want a regular gift card.... He then process to tell me to go to customer service.

I go to customer service and they are even more lost. 1 employee goes to another, to another, to another and finally tells me you can use that paper online..... I just leave.

So I'm sitting here with a $5.00 pre-order card which I will return and the rest on some piece of paper with a upc code which gigues I have to buy something and return as well. Such a bad process just to trade something in. People beware, even though I got $59 for Mario kart 8 the whole process is a headache.

Finally why is Mario Kart $59.99 in store and like $48 online, funny thing is they don't price match, even funnier is you can order online and pick up free in store at the $48 price.......

Man this is just too much, Walmart is simply the worst
You can use it online. You have to use the last 16 digits of that long string of numbers below the barcode.

I think you could have just left it there and we would have all understood.

It's the last 16 digits of the long number FYI. Figured that out last night while trying to make sure I actually got my money.
Thanks a lot!!

But still, Walmart is the absolute worst

Failed to trade in games at 2 Walmarts today. The first one the guy couldn't get the promo to work and said that their equipment wasn't working correctly and the other one didn't do trades past 9pm. A bit of gas wasted but I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Also don't think I'll do this again with Wal-mart. Just gonna have to stick to gamestop whenever they have a sweet deal.

Had enough in my games to probably get a Wii U, but I'll just sit on the credit until something good comes up, like black friday.

As bad as I hate Gamestop for their low trade in values, I must say they have a system in place that works.

So I am also in Fort Lauderdale and had a similar horrible experience. Long story short, I spent 2 hours trading in games. Took them 3 tries. And once they got everything in my "cart", I then had to purchase new games as it will not allow a straight up gift card. There was no option for that.

I ended up buying 4 games with the credit since I was at about $200 in TIV. I immediately returned them and got my plastic gift card.

Definitely will not recommend these shitty walmarts down here.

Everyone seems lost except for the one employee who is on lunch.

The trades were all decent values but the effort was more than I expected.

So I am also in Fort Lauderdale and had a similar horrible experience. Long story short, I spent 2 hours trading in games. Took them 3 tries. And once they got everything in my "cart", I then had to purchase new games as it will not allow a straight up gift card. There was no option for that.

I ended up buying 4 games with the credit since I was at about $200 in TIV. I immediately returned them and got my plastic gift card.

Definitely will not recommend these shitty walmarts down here.

Everyone seems lost except for the one employee who is on lunch.

The trades were all decent values but the effort was more than I expected.

Watch dogs down $5 infamous down $5 UFC down $10+ MK8 still holding for now. 

Almost bought a bunch of Ground Zeroes and Halo 4s to bring to Walmart, called first.  Turns out Hawaii/Alaska Walmarts don't do trade ins.  Oh well!

Is the PUR site not working for anyone else tonight either?  I'm trying to print off some steal of the week coupons and it just says the page isn't redirecting properly and won't load.

Is the PUR site not working for anyone else tonight either? I'm trying to print off some steal of the week coupons and it just says the page isn't redirecting properly and won't load.
That's happened to me a couple times. Clear your cookies and reload, that should get it to work.

Is the PUR site not working for anyone else tonight either? I'm trying to print off some steal of the week coupons and it just says the page isn't redirecting properly and won't load.
i had problems with it earlier today. i bought 3 sotw coupons and only got 2 coupons

As a Walmart electronic employee If you don't want the paper egiftcard,

Just go to the nearest cashier upfront, and say you want to buy a giftcard with your giftcard. If they are new or don't care they will do it. I always give out actual giftcards with when I do trade ins.

As of 10pm PST, the last trade I did, MK8 got 59, Watchdogs was 57 for PS4, Ground Zeros was 17.78 and 17.88 for PS4 and Bone.

I was wondering why the first two trade ins I did Both had multiple copies of both Watch dogs and GZ. I figured it was either CaG or SD, but mostly CaG.

bread's done
Back