Welcome to the new CAG Forums!*READ ME FIRST* To do list & requests taken inside...

Request:

You know those icons that we can place next to our posts/threads like the target, BB, Gamestop, etc??

Can you add two more icons - one that says "FREE", and another that says "Deal"?

Thanks.

[quote name='gizmogc']Cheapy, any chance we will ever get a 'mature' forum? I know this site is plagued with kids, but maybe something can be implimented? That would rock :)[/QUOTE]

Good luck on finding a way to enforce that.

Wow! havent had a chance to get on the internet for a while and when I do I come back to this. I can't say much about the software or how well it works yet, but the interface and look is incredibly nice!!! nice color scheme !
Can't wait to see all the new toys that have been added on.

I only have "Inbox" and "Sent Items" folders in my PMs. I know I had messages in my Savebox from the old forum, but I don't see them in either Inbox or Sent. Are they gone forever?

Hey Cheapy. I looked up some hacks you might be interested in.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=71049
-vBChat

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60059
-Close threads after a certain number of replies (makes OTT locking easier on mods)

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60377
-vBArcade
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60666
-Games

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60307
-Smileys in quick-reply

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63875
-Optional Censorship (could help out with the shaq-fu business)

Remember Cheapy, if you do decide to install any of these, BACK UP. No responsibility to me please if you install any of these. Good luck. :)

[quote name='CheapyD']
What does this mean?

[/QUOTE]

It means post counts are no longer visible with every post.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']If you click on someone's profile, they show as being offline, even if they're online.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're right. How did I not notice that before?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']If you click on someone's profile, they show as being offline, even if they're online.[/QUOTE]
FIX'D

[quote name='neocisco']You were distracted by your sig.:)[/QUOTE]

Never fails. :D

[quote name='neocisco']Does posting on a thread automatically subscribe you to it or do you have to click on subscribe under thread tools?[/QUOTE]

I believe it does by default, but you can turn it off and handle subscribes manually.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but when you click on a link to a tradelist it sends you to the homepage. I've tried this w/several people's links w/the same results. I don't know if this happens w/other links in the sig but definitely w/trade links.

[quote name='neocisco']I don't know if this has been mentioned but when you click on a link to a tradelist it sends you to the homepage. I've tried this w/several people's links w/the same results. I don't know if this happens w/other links in the sig but definitely w/trade links.[/QUOTE]

It's not a CAG issue, it's because they were too lazy to update their links since the forum changed. We're now in /forums instead of /forum.

[quote name='neocisco']Thanks, guys. sblymnlcrymnl, you're always quick to answer/correct me. I appreciate both you and Scarlett.:)[/QUOTE]

No problem. :D

When you click 'Go Advanced' to preview your post, it doesn't let you post it.

When you hover over a topic, it doesn't censor "that" word. ;)

Just gotta say that I'm liking the new layout and features more and more, especially the New Posts and Egotrip links in the Menu.

[off-topic: sblymnlcrymnl, been meaning to thank you for your sig. just... thank you. :D]

[quote name='woobacca']Just gotta say that I'm liking the new layout and features more and more, especially the New Posts and Egotrip links in the Menu.

[off-topic: sblymnlcrymnl, been meaning to thank you for your sig. just... thank you. :D][/QUOTE]

No one can resist it. :D

[quote name='Moxio']:rofl:

sblymnl no doubt has the most worshipped sig on CAG.[/QUOTE]

Ad he'll be killed if he ever changes it, a double-edged sword of awesomeness. ;)

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']Ad he'll be killed if he ever changes it, a double-edged sword of awesomeness. ;)[/QUOTE]

That is unless he replaces it with something even greater than Scarlett.

[quote name='dcfox']That is unless he replaces it with something even greater than Scarlett.[/QUOTE]

As if that's even possible. :lol:

Let's try not to hijack this one any more.

I think there may be a problem with the permissions for "Send a message via email to..." in profiles. It doesn't seem to work for me, saying "Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help."

The problem is, this seems to happen regardless of the user's setting. I had someone check against mine and I checked against theirs, and we both have the option enabled for "Receive Email from Other Members" and it gives us the same message either way.

Did we fix the problem with the email notifications for PM's no longer including the PMing person's name?

Just had one show up a little while ago and it had "so-and-so from Cheap Ass Gamer has sent you a new Private Message" in the title, and it made mention to who sent the PM in the body of the message.

This was one thing I was missing from the conversion and I'm glad it's back. Thanks! :bouncy:

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, I just did that.
Haven't figured out a way to get the direct link to the PM yet.[/QUOTE]

Knowing who sent me the PM is more important to me than the link to the actual PM, since that only saves a couple of clicks. Knowing if I need to see the PM for some important reason is a much bigger thing.

Why can't we lock our own threads anymore?

This feature has been wanted for ages and I thought we finally got it.

Is the frontpage half-working again? It seems to be almost like it was before, but still with the OP instead of the last poster. Doth mine eyes deceive me?

[quote name='evilmax17']Is the frontpage half-working again? It seems to be almost like it was before, but still with the OP instead of the last poster. Doth mine eyes deceive me?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's back, and now it has a reply #, which looks kinda tacky.

I don't remember a reply number before, but Punq says there was one.

[quote name='evilmax17']Is the frontpage half-working again? It seems to be almost like it was before, but still with the OP instead of the last poster. Doth mine eyes deceive me?[/QUOTE]
It shows the last poster now.

[quote name='Scorch']Yes, it's back, and now it has a reply #, which looks kinda tacky.

I don't remember a reply number before, but Punq says there was one.[/QUOTE]
Punq is WRONG. There wasn't one. I'm sure of it. >_>

The # of replies was there before. Still some work to do yet, but getting there.
EDIT: seems like the Video Game Deals forum is not showing up.

[quote name='CheapyD']The # of replies was there before. Still some work to do yet, but getting there.[/QUOTE]

I knew that Walrus cat was wrong.

[quote name='Scrubking']Why can't we lock our own threads anymore?

This feature has been wanted for ages and I thought we finally got it.[/QUOTE]
??

Remember, I added it and it was allowing users to have additional moderator powers (sticky, move, etc) as well. Just put "Lock me" in your title and a Mod will lock it.

Latest forum posts is now fully functional.
Clicking the thread title brings you to the first post in the thread while clicking the username will take you to the last post in the thread.

bread's done
Back