Welcome to the new CAG Forums!*READ ME FIRST* To do list & requests taken inside...

Sorry if this was already asked, I didn't read through all the pages, but....

Can you make the "Hot"/"New Post" icon on the very left side in the "Browse threads" screens smaller? So they match the height of the icons in the second column (the ones that now show EB/GB/PS2/X/etc.), because then you would see more threads listed on the page, the way it was before.

I miss the superiority of a high post count showing over those newbies with 3, or at least being able to instantly see my progress, oh and by the way whats the post req for being a vet, i never asked, i just posted

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Can you make the "Hot"/"New Post" icon on the very left side in the "Browse threads" screens smaller? So they match the height of the icons in the second column (the ones that now show EB/GB/PS2/X/etc.), because then you would see more threads listed on the page, the way it was before.[/QUOTE]

I increased Displayed Threads # to 35 (from 20) which is what I believe it was on the old forums.

[quote name='cag1000']Probably asked already or common knowledge but I used the link to the list of all the posts I made alot. Where is it now?[/QUOTE]

It's in your Public Profile.

I am sure there is a way I can add an more accessable link...i'll look into it.

I do recommend trying to set your Default Thread Subscription Mode to on (with or without email notification) and using the great Thread Subscription system in the User CP. Just like the PM system, you can create folders and orgainze the threads how you like...its pretty neat.

ooo and I like the saying on the OG Main Home Page that says "Cheap video games, video game sales, and video game deals for your cheap ass". The new one on this page is ok too but keep that OG saying on the Home page and this one within the forums(i guess i just like the use of the word "ass" excessively)

[quote name='JAMMR']1. Is there a way to turn off the text box that pops up when you have the cursor over a thread row?[/QUOTE]

Most of the rollovers are nice but there is a little too many on the main forum page. that will definitely take some getting used to.

Yo slimpip check out that other forum, you posted that before calling me a thief, besids your lucky if you post once every two days, i post close to six every day, though that shouldnt matter, read the other post for an explanation

Also, on the CAG front page, it seems to display the most recently CREATED threads (and thread creator), and not the most recent posts (and most recent poster).

Lol I know Cheapys working on everything, so I'm trying not to complain too much until he gives the "Ok, I'm done" call. That's when the judgement comes in.

Wow sweet job Cheapy! Well I haven't explored around too much to see if anything wrong with the board, but so far it's pretty techy cool or something.

Ill post it here too for you Ozzkev, just incase you check here:

Hehe I'm just playing around, I actually thought it was funny. I thought it was funny that the new boards opened up and someone was using the same avatar in like 3 of the same topics. I just wanted to know why you liked it enough to use it as yours too And I got my answer, I'm glad there are some Bruce fans still out there.

Oh and don't worry about posting in the same threads or anything or any explanation, I don't want anyone to cut down their activity on the boards (especially since you are more active than me) just because we share the same avatar. I think it's cool that we do, we can think of ourselves as originals in the Bruce Lee CAG split kick avatar clan

It's too hard to differentiate between old and new posts. Didn't already read posts on the old setup unbold or something? Everything, old and new, is bright orange. Looking at the new forum, are the new posts bold? It's very hard to tell for some reason. Maybe that's just me though...can anyone else put this into better words?

[quote name='slimpip']Ill post it here too for you Ozzkev, just incase you check here:

Hehe I'm just playing around, I actually thought it was funny. I thought it was funny that the new boards opened up and someone was using the same avatar in like 3 of the same topics. I just wanted to know why you liked it enough to use it as yours too And I got my answer, I'm glad there are some Bruce fans still out there.

Oh and don't worry about posting in the same threads or anything or any explanation, I don't want anyone to cut down their activity on the boards (especially since you are more active than me) just because we share the same avatar. I think it's cool that we do, we can think of ourselves as originals in the Bruce Lee CAG split kick avatar clan[/QUOTE]

cool man i was afraid i might have to switch over, yeah sick avatar clan thing, im gald to share the same avatar withyou, and its even better knowing your a fan of the lee man, ill see you on the battlefield

Back to this whole buddy list feature...

and is it just me or does is look like Halloween here? Fitting though I suppose, it is Easter afterall, and most of the posters here are a bit "off" so to speak.

[quote name='CheapyD']I just added a poll to the OP.
I voted for "Much better than expected".[/QUOTE]

Looks like we're the only ones...

and are all the old smileys going to return in all their ass wiggling, group hugging, fridge crushing, joystick jerking glory?

[quote name='neocisco']Is anyone else as inept, and thus lost and confused, as I am? The one thing I'm not fond of is the ignore option. My main reason for this is if you're doing a trade w/someone and you haven't gotten your merchandise they can choose to list you as "ignore" and avoid your inquiries as to the status of the trade. If someone can advise to some options concerning this matter I would appreciate it.[/QUOTE]They can ignore your inquires without an ignore list too.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']...and are all the old smileys going to return in all their ass wiggling, group hugging, fridge crushing, joystick jerking glory?[/QUOTE]Yeah, I need to clean up the smilies...

[quote name='rywateska']It's too hard to differentiate between old and new posts. Didn't already read posts on the old setup unbold or something? Everything, old and new, is bright orange. Looking at the new forum, are the new posts bold? It's very hard to tell for some reason. Maybe that's just me though...can anyone else put this into better words?[/QUOTE] Threads with new posts are bolded and have
firstnew.gif
in front of them.

You should offset the stickies somehow like the older forums triangle. They look like normal posts...possibly a different color or text?

Is there going to be a stats page when all of this settling is done? I know certain posters that want to try to get homosexual on the most used words list. :lol:

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']Is there going to be a stats page when all of this settling is done? I know certain posters that want to try to get homosexual on the most used words list. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Homosexual and tallywacker! ...or would it be tallywhacker?

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Homosexual and tallywacker! ...or would it be tallywhacker?[/QUOTE]

Let's get Sweeney in here, he could tell us.

[quote name='redgopher']Can't stand the new forums. Topics are hard to read and too far apart. Please bring back the slimmer forums.. PLEASE[/QUOTE]I think the forums do generally look nicer, but I agree with redgopher in that the cost is too high of having everything expanded, everything too far apart, like messages in a post or topics in the list. Surely something can be worked out so the readability goes back to being as good as it was before.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']Is there going to be a stats page when all of this settling is done? I know certain posters that want to try to get homosexual on the most used words list. :lol:[/QUOTE]

No no no. It's homoerotic. :lol:

CheapyD, will "view your posts", or whatever it was titled, be back? If it already is, where can I find it? Is that what subscribed posts is? Is there any way to see my list of posts that were on the old format? Have I set the record for most questions in a single post? Huh? Have I? Well? :)

[quote name='neocisco']CheapyD, will "view your posts", or whatever it was titled, be back? If it already is, where can I find it? Is that what subscribed posts is? Is there any way to see my list of posts that were on the old format? Have I set the record for most questions in a single post? Huh? Have I? Well? :)[/QUOTE]

Get to your profile, either by clicking your name in a thread you post in, or by clicking menu at the top and then click "Find more posts by Neocisco."

Thanks, Trakan. Is there any chance that can be shrunk down some in the future? That's only a few topics a page. Can the mailboxes for PM's be divided more than just inbox and sent? I really liked the outbox and sentbox in the old format since it let me know if someone had read my PM. Is there a way to tell if someone has read the PM? Sorry to keep asking so many questions but I appreciate everyone's help.

where the heck is the post count and one option to view your previous posts?
sure the new forum looks nice, but simplicity is always better.

[quote name='Trakan']Shrunk down? I see the last 25 posts I've made per page.[/QUOTE]

I actually meant on screen. It just seems like a lot more scrolling for the same amount of info. I know it seems like a petty gripe but why settle for less than what it was?

[quote name='nickmad']where the heck is the post count and one option to view your previous posts?
sure the new forum looks nice, but simplicity is always better.[/QUOTE]

I just answered that not 5 posts ago.

[quote name='Trakan']I just answered that not 5 posts ago.[/QUOTE]

Clicking on User CP at the top of the page is also an option. It lists your subscribed threads which you've most likely posted in anyway.

I love the new look and flexibility of vBulletin. You've done an amazing job Cheapy and Defender -- and of course, all else who contributed.

Now my only problem is the background of my avatar; the anti-alias was colored for the old boards, so now it looks choppy where transparency meets outline. I'll have to fix that, or find someone to make me one. I'm looking at you, WSB. :p

All kidding aside, awesome job guys.

Edit: I messed with the contrast a little so that it would fit with the background. Looks good for now.

I've got one small question. Can you change it so the Join Date shows the exact date that we joined? It's something that kind of bothers me since it's nice to see who all joined on the same date.

Wow! I have to say that the site looks really nice and better than I expected. The colors are still dark and dreary though.

Anyway, great job on finally moving to new forum software Cheapy. I really doubted that you would ever make the change, but you came through.

i'd also like to know where are the "view new posts (#)", "view unanswered posts" linkees? these were really helpful since i check back at the site often for those 24/48/1 hour deals. thankx.

theres like a million people asking for stuff, lets keep it all in one place guys

[quote name='H2O']I want what the other kids have, I want it all
I want I want what the other kids have
I want brand name shoes /
I want perfect teeth and something to smile about
I want an invitation
And my own cell phone and something to talk about
I want imagination
But there's no money for me to pay
I want I want what I want and I want it now
There's enough food on the table so I guess it's ok
I want I want and I want it now
I want I want
I want I want, I want it all
I want I want that video game
Don't want to have to use my brain
I want to go where the cool kids go
I'm sneaking in but they don't know
There's no money for me to pay
But there's enough food on the table so I guess it's ok
I want I want, I want it all
I want I want
I want I want
I want it all
If I don't get these things I ask for maybe I should run away
But there's enough food on the table so I guess I'll stay
I want I want
I want brand name shoes /
I want perfect teeth and something to smile about
I want an imagination
There's no money for me to pay
But there's enough food on the table so I guess it's ok
I want I want I want what the other kids have
I want I want I want it all[/quote]

One of the only things that I can think of that would improve the site is that old smiley menu that popped up when posting a reply. If we had that back, I think it would be great. :)

bread's done
Back