Welcome to the new CAG Forums!*READ ME FIRST* To do list & requests taken inside...

[quote name='evilmax17']Just noticed this too.[/QUOTE]
the latest posts should all be working fine as of two days ago.

[quote name='CheapyD']the latest posts should all be working fine as of two days ago.[/QUOTE]

I just gave a bump to the Classic NES thread in the DS/GBA forum and it's not on the front page. I haven't noticed any of the game threads on there, but maybe i'm wrong? Do a test bump.

Ah, you had said the Video Game Deals forum wasn't showing up...
I bet none of the sub forums are showing up...*runs to fix*....

[quote name='Trakan']Does the forum time keep jumping a couple minutes fast? I know it was 3 minutes fast, but now it's like 8.[/QUOTE]

I noticed this last night, while checking some of my posts. Let's see how off it is...

EDIT: 7 minutes off of my PC's clock...

We should probably have a button for sorting by lowest price at EBGames for the PSP.

You know, like this

icon-ps2.gif
icon-xbox.gif
icon-gamecube.gif

Fake Edit:

Just found the PSP one

sony-psp-home.gif

Just letting you know Cheapy, when we get the DB error, it says "Apologise" instead of "Apologize." Don't know if you have control of that or not, or if you even care, just thought I'd mention it.

[quote name='evilmax17']We should probably have a button for sorting by lowest price at EBGames for the PSP.

You know, like this

icon-ps2.gif
icon-xbox.gif
icon-gamecube.gif

Fake Edit:

Just found the PSP one

sony-psp-home.gif
[/QUOTE]

And I don't even own a PSP!

Could we set up an faq to answer some of the simple questions answered? Questions like:

Can I ignore myself?
Can I ignore mods?
What can I do if I double post?
How can I search with a thread?

Specific and simple questions like these that aren't easily answered in this thread or in the FAQ.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Could we set up an faq to answer some of the simple questions answered? Questions like:

Can I ignore myself?
Can I ignore mods?
What can I do if I double post?
How can I search with a thread?

Specific and simple questions like these that aren't easily answered in this thread or in the FAQ.[/QUOTE]

Go for it Crash.

[quote name='Murcielago77']So the online thing has been moved to where the report post button is. I liked it better before, under the avatar[/QUOTE]
Its more efficient this way...it saves a line.

[quote name='CheapyD']Its more efficient this way...it saves a line.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't this lead to more problems with users thinking that button is for PMing? :lol:

Personally I'd think the best place would be next to the "quote" button, but maybe that's just me.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Couldn't this lead to more problems with users thinking that button is for PMing? :lol:

Personally I'd think the best place would be next to the "quote" button, but maybe that's just me.[/QUOTE]

I see you're trying it out now. :cool:

Forum-related links don't work on the CAG-O-Matic page (still use the old /forum/ links) and there's no forum drop-down menu on the Enter the Forums button like on the front page.

I love the new forums, and their new functionality, but there is one thing that I think would make it a lot better: syndication. An increasing number of forums on the net now have RSS/ATOM feeds. My ideal CAG would include a feed which at the very least, syndicates new threads in the cheap ass deals forum. Some implementations I have seen syndicate every new reply to every thread, but that would probably be too much. An RSS Feed to the deal forum would definitely help manage all the deals amidst the increasing popularity of the forum.

An alternative way would be a bookmark that would automatically do a "new topics since last visit in cheap ass deals" search and display those results.

Just a suggestion, I really love the forum already, but sometimes I forget to check it for a day or two and I miss things like Metroid Prime 2 for $15 :)

Thanks CAGs, keep up the good work.

I didn't realize that there was a digest for the forum, I had only seen the front page one, I'll definitely try that out.

As far as organization, I meant that it would help me keep organized, as far as what threads I have looked at, and which ones I haven't.

I'll go subscribe to the digest now, it sounds like a good solution also.

Thanks

Is the "New Posts" now only at 100? When I got home from work today there were only 100 new posts (4 pages) when there is normally at least 8 pages. This has happened the last few days. I doubt it's just a coincidence.

Yeah, I'm trying to be a bit stingy until I get another server lined up...
CAG has been getting more popular...

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, I'm trying to be a bit stingy until I get another server lined up...
CAG has been getting more popular...[/QUOTE]

That's good but bad at the same time. I can't see all the new posts. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Trakan']That's good but bad at the same time. I can't see all the new posts. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
Anything besides laziness that prevents you from scanning each forum and looking for messages that occur after your last login? ;)

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Anything besides laziness that prevents you from scanning each forum and looking for messages that occur after your last login? ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right, but this way they're all together and I can just go to the threads I want to go to and skip the ones I don't want to see.

I would like to see an FAQ/Cheapss guides subforum. There are some really great resource threads, both in explaining ongong deals, or just helpful guides scattered around the forum. Many of these threads are packed full of information, but then they also attract all kinds of leeching posts that drown out or undermine the information. Topics like the BB gift card, pricegrabber rebate, ebgames shopping tips or a host of other newbie and notso newbie questions not just about shopping. Yes, some of these do have their own threads, and some are well explained in the first post, but many others have info locked into the middle, surrounded by useless posts like "thanks op" or "that game is terrible."
These faqs could even be existing threads, with useless posts deleted out, or groomed if you will, then they could be locked so as not to perpetuate the cycle.
Having them all in one place in itself would be a great help, not to mention cutting down on the time people spend searching for answers, reanswering questions or the dreaded, I couldn't read the entire xx pages of thread so I am asking the same question over again.

[quote name='smalien1']I really want a 'Free' forum. all things found that can be gotten for free, including samples on internet, etc.[/QUOTE]
Other Deals forum.

Hrm, on the front page:

Game Auctions are displayed in the top block, while trading posts are displayed in the bottom block. I would think that these are both equivelant in the sense that auctions aren't being sold by retailers and aren't "official deals", so shouldn't they go in the bottom block?

Just noticed/wondering.

I'd like to request strikethrough and spoiler tags, if they wouldn't be too much trouble to add/turn on.

Is there a missing post?

According to the Now and Then Thread in DVDs the last post was by Blade today at 5:08. However, when I open the thread and scroll down to the last post, it states it was RandyTsai yesterday. Ends on his "dp."

Is this because of the migration? Did something get lost?

Anyone know how to fix this problem? I can no longer paste anything like links from one tab into a reply here. I can't paste a copied EBgames link or anything like that. It won't let me. It worked fine up until a week or two ago.

Edit: Found out it's a firefox problem. Alot of people are experiencing it and it just happens outta the blue. Now, to find a solution.

snapshot200510252217432mz.jpg

This came up a little bit ago. I just a heads-up that this problem came up. An hour and twenty minutes is a bit too long to wait to see the new threads.

*EDIT* 3937 seconds to go!

More and more frequently, i'll click a thread and it'll act like its loading, then stop immediattely. It took 85 clicks for this thread to load, not kidding, sat there and counted. It loads for like half a millisecond then stops. I try to open it in a new window and it just says (Untitled). But hey, 85 clicks later, here I am.

bread's done
Back