Welcome to the new CAG Forums!*READ ME FIRST* To do list & requests taken inside...

:censored: :argue: :error: :forbidde: [quote name='Greetard']One of the only things that I can think of that would improve the site is that old smiley menu that popped up when posting a reply. If we had that back, I think it would be great. :)[/QUOTE]

It is there, just look to the right and under the smilies. Click more and a new window opens with all of the smilies.

I liked before that the number of posts would be listed next to the title of each post under "Latest Message Board Posts". That way if "Intelligent Qube for $5 at EBGames!!!" was posted, I would know whether 2 people before me had read and responded (and it was still worth reading) or whether 5,436 people had read and responded (with 5,430 laments that it is now out of stock)

I think we should try and keep subforums to a limit. If we have too many, navigating the boards will be a hassle.

We should also consider if the Ignore feature could affect trades via the Trading forums.

I'd like to be a mod because I know a lot about vBulletin, but that's the last thing that should be on your minds. xD

[quote name='CheapyD']i merged your thread punq...we can keep it all together I think[/QUOTE]

woah, i totally didnt even notice that this had requests in the title...unless of course you just changed it, in which case i might have some sanity left ^^

Looking good so far!

My only request is to have the posts on the front page say the user who posted last (like it used to be) instead of just listing who started the thread. Now I have no idea who is responding to the threads and whether it's worth reading the thread again.

I know I made a seperate thread about it, but I really hate the character limit. I know Scorch agrees with me on my hate of the character limit

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I know I made a seperate thread about it, but I really hate the character limit. I know Scorch agrees with me on my hate of the character limit[/QUOTE]
I agree with this too. I don't see the point of making people type 4 more characters when a "bump" and "PM sent" is perfectly adequate. 10 characters certainly won't stop people from being annoying.

I know you're not going to do this, but I still liked having post counts next to a person's name (instead of in the profile). I say this mainly for the trading forum, so you can see pretty quickly who has low post counts and is trying to sell/trade stuff.

I also miss acronym mouseovers and "shaq-fu" :)

[quote name='jimbodan']Looking good so far!

My only request is to have the posts on the front page say the user who posted last (like it used to be) instead of just listing who started the thread. Now I have no idea who is responding to the threads and whether it's worth reading the thread again.[/QUOTE]

i dont like the way that is now either....i also liked the counter (how many ppl posted in a certain thread) right next to the thread title on the front page so you'd know right from the start what threads were getting a lot of attention

im also wondering whats going on with the arcade & stats...not that ive them in a while

last (for now), the stickys are driving me crazy...as someone else mentioned on the last page, they look just like regular posts.....it sucks not to be able to just throw my eyes at the screen and see what i want, i actually have to read ;o( maybe we could make the stickys a different color or something

Having too many characters in your title seems to screw up the frontpage.

Also, I don't really like having the subforums under Sony and MS, etc. I liked having just one portable gaming forum, and I don't think Xbox/Xbox2 need separate forums.

And the above point as well, about the frontpage, last person to post, post count, etc, I agree with that.

[quote name='evilmax17']"couldn't connect to the database"

KAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
Yeah, there is some work to be done on that end as well.

As I am sure you can all imagine, this conversion means a lot of work (for me) and is basically all I have done since Friday evening, and will likely be all I do for the next few weeks.

I appreciate your patience as I slowly add back missing features/links and tweak the forums to cheap ass perfection.

Also, before posting complaints, check the OP too see if your issue is already listed ;)

I read thru the 11 pages and my eyes might have glazed over, so i couldnt find the answer or mention of it being resolved in the op:

the view posts since last visit that previously appeared whenever you entered the forum, where is this hanging out now?

hey cheapy, cool "robotic art " ya got there. i saw that chicago has their very own thread.... could you create a section for different states/cities that people can "congregate" in to discuss local pawn shops/stores, etc.? thanks

Is there a way to modify phrases like "Cheap Ass Regular" now?

also, i liked having a post count included. Is there anyway we can get that back?

[quote name='Trakan']munch, once you get 1000 posts you can edit your title. Post count is in your profile.[/QUOTE]

awesome. thanks for answering in a non-condescening manner.

Two things I've noticed from the old board to the new one you should build into this one.

1. Put the forum jump drop down at the top of the page in the middle where it was.
2. When you're making a post bring back the shortcut tabs for images, links etc.

That is all.

Can we use the report post button to report threads that are in the wrong place? It would be a lot easier than PMing a mod.

Also I think it would be easier if you just made it into a checklist where you just check what violation you are reporting and then hit send.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please select what is wrong with this post/thread.​

- Spam​
- off topic / misplaced​
- etc​

[ Report Post ]​
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote name='Scrubking']Can we use the report post button to report threads that are in the wrong place? It would be a lot easier than PMing a mod.
- off topic / misplaced[/quote]

In the wrong place and misplaced are one in the same, correct?

I like the new layout I guess - it will just take some time to get used to - the most recent posts on the front page does not get updated nearly enough... in a few days I'm sure I will be used to everything...

I've noticed that the emailed notifications about new PM's are working, though they don't have the person's name embedded in the email body and title like they used to. With some of the amount of PM's I get, it's nice to know who's PMing you, not just that there's one there.

Is there any way to put it back like it used to be?

I don't think it's been mentioned so can we get the "view posts since last visit" and "view your posts" options that were on the previous message board page? Please?

Edit: Does "user control panel" at the top of the page essentially perform the same function as "view your posts"?

[quote name='neocisco']I don't think it's been mentioned so can we get the "view posts since last visit" [/QUOTE]

Menu > New Posts

and "view your posts" options that were on the previous message board page? Please?

Menu > Egotrip

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']
1. Put the forum jump drop down at the top of the page in the middle where it was.
[/QUOTE]

I, too, would like to see the forum jump back at the top. Much easier to get to.

Also, is bringing back the gallery in the plans at all? Sorry if this was mentioned, I've tried to keep on top of this thread. :)

I'm slowly getting more and more used to the boards, watching new tweaks appear here and there. A part of me misses the old forum, but I think it was because I was so familiar with it. I'm definitely enjoying a lot of the features we have now.

I didn't read through this whole thread, so this may have already been mentioned, but a search for "shaq" didn't turn up anything. Anyway, is there any chance of changing the f-bomb filter back to "shaq-fu"? It may just be me, but I really miss it. Not to mention that $$$$ may be confused with multiple dollar signs used to indicate currency.

Cheapy, any chance we will ever get a 'mature' forum? I know this site is plagued with kids, but maybe something can be implimented? That would rock :)

As far as I can tell, it's just a quick reference for who out of your contacts is online or not. If the functions of the list extend beyond that, like perhaps allowing admission into public/private groups by association, I do not know.

[quote name='Scrubking']What does the buddy list do??[/QUOTE]Other than providing a list when you use the Menu drop down in the header and select Open Buddy List, probably not much.

[quote name='lain21us']I'd really like it if the Forum Jump drop-down menu were at the top of the screen again.[/QUOTE]

That is on the list of TODOs already. But I'd like to add that I'd prefer it at both the top and bottom, for convenience.

bread's done
Back