Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new deals for this week:

Games
Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off - Ghosts 'N Goblins and Mega Man X - $1.00/$4.99 and $1.50/$7.99, respectively - Ends 6/6 - More Details
Chasing Aurora - $7.99 - Permanent Price Drop?
Just Dance 4 - $34.99 - Ends 6/6
Toki Tori 2 - $11.24 - Ends 6/6

Add-ons
Just Dance 4 - Various Songs (17) - $2.10 each

I think that's it.

I meant to ask this last week but never got around to it, but does buying the "upgrade" from Wii VC to Wii U qualify you for these promotions? Like if I owned Ghosts and Goblins on my Wii VC, could I pay the $1 to get the Wii U version and then get Mega Man for half off? I haven't had this situation come up yet, but with the way Nintendo are throwing out these (unprecedented) VC deals, I imagine it won't be long before it does.

[quote name='mpaullin']I meant to ask this last week but never got around to it, but does buying the "upgrade" from Wii VC to Wii U qualify you for these promotions? Like if I owned Ghosts and Goblins on my Wii VC, could I pay the $1 to get the Wii U version and then get Mega Man for half off? I haven't had this situation come up yet, but with the way Nintendo are throwing out these (unprecedented) VC deals, I imagine it won't be long before it does.[/QUOTE]

Yes, absolutely (unless they changed it since last week). They actually say that in the description of the deal usually (they did last week). That's the only way getting MMX first would be a better deal (if you had MMX to upgrade for Wii and not GG). What happens is when you see a game you have already on Wii in the WiiU store it will show the $1/$1.50 price instead of the regular price. When you buy the requisite triggers, the other item's prices adjust automatically as well.

For example, I already had Kirby Super Star (bought it with Club points a while back), so it showed up as $1.50, Dreamland 3 and Dream Course were $7.99. I bought SS for $1.50 and DL3 for $7.99 and then Dream Course had a price of $0.

Yes, each week's VC deal counts if you "upgrade" your Wii version of a VC game to the Wii U version with Off-TV Play, Miiverse, custom controls, etc.

[quote name='defpally']Yes, absolutely (unless they changed it since last week). They actually say that in the description of the deal usually (they did last week). That's the only way getting MMX first would be a better deal (if you had MMX to upgrade for Wii and not GG). What happens is when you see a game you have already on Wii in the WiiU store it will show the $1/$1.50 price instead of the regular price. When you buy the requisite triggers, the other item's prices adjust automatically as well.

For example, I already had Kirby Super Star (bought it with Club points a while back), so it showed up as $1.50, Dreamland 3 and Dream Course were $7.99. I bought SS for $1.50 and DL3 for $7.99 and then Dream Course had a price of $0.[/QUOTE]

Nice to know, thanks! Now I regret not taking advantage of Kirby last week. I already had Super Star and Dreamland 3, so I could have gotten all 3 of them for $3. Ah well, sounds like I'm not missing much with Dream Course.

[quote name='mpaullin']Nice to know, thanks! Now I regret not taking advantage of Kirby last week. I already had Super Star and Dreamland 3, so I could have gotten all 3 of them for $3. Ah well, sounds like I'm not missing much with Dream Course.[/QUOTE]

Quite the contrary - anybody who doesn't like Dream Course is certified crazy. I'd even go as far as to say it's my favorite Kirby game. Well, either it or Super Star. It's different, but it's *really* good.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Quite the contrary - anybody who doesn't like Dream Course is certified crazy. I'd even go as far as to say it's my favorite Kirby game. Well, either it or Super Star. It's different, but it's *really* good.[/QUOTE]
i have no problem with people liking dream course but to hear that its someones favorite kirby game makes me feel sick

[quote name='Edzo04']i have no problem with people liking dream course but to hear that its someones favorite kirby game makes me feel sick[/QUOTE]

Then I hope you get vomit stuck in your carpet. ;)

[quote name='SmokeMaxX']How's Toki Tori?[/QUOTE]
It's a fantastic puzzle platformer that incorporates Metroidvania-style elements into the structure of its campaign.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The new deals for this week:

Games
Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off - Ghosts 'N Goblins and Mega Man X - $1.00/$4.99 and $1.50/$7.99, respectively - Ends 6/6 - More Details
Chasing Aurora - $7.99 - Permanent Price Drop?
Just Dance 4 - $34.99 - Ends 6/6
Toki Tori 2 - $11.24 - Ends 6/6

Add-ons
Just Dance 4 - Various Songs (17) - $2.10 each

I think that's it.[/QUOTE]

I went ahead and bought the Virtual Console deal for this week. I like the fact that they are making it so that the discount works in both directions if you have at least one of the titles. Although they have not done a deal yet where I had bought a game previously on the Wii Virtual Console, it's nice to know we are eligible for the deal after a reasonable Wii U upgrade price.

On a side note, the original Ghosts 'N Goblins is brutally hard. I expected as much since I have played Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts, but the reality of it can still slap you in the face. It is like playing a 8-Bit Dark Souls.

So about that current VC deal...

I owned both Megaman X and Ghosts N' Goblins on VC so both are listed in the store at their discounted prices. In an effort to save $.75, I bought GnG first at $1.00. Then I exited all the way back out and went to buy MMX. No discount. :/

I wound up buying it as well, but I'm sort of bummed that it didn't work out perfectly after the Kirby one did (owned Kirby Superstar, paid full price for Kirby 3, got Kirby Golf free).

Just be aware that if you own both titles, buy MMX first and hopefully get the $.50 off GnG.

I wonder if you didn't get the discount due to the fact you already technically owned both games already. I know it works if you own one & upgrade.

Looks like the new sale for this week is Trine 2 for $9.99. Good price for an awesome game (though this has been on sale a lot since Wii U's launch, not sure if this is the cheapest). Yoshi for $0.30 is also being "added" today, but you won't be able to pick it up till Tuesday (when the Metroid sale ends).

Awesome... I was pissed when I missed the last $9.99 Trine deal by an hour or two. I'm happy that didn't take too long to come back around.

Plus, I think it'll get me enough points for $5 from the DDP, which helps out with Luigi. Boom.

Ooh, in for $.30 Yoshi. Finally one of these cheap games that I didn't already own (other than Balloon Fight but Jesus I sort of wish I had my $.30 back).

Crap, I don't remember if I got Super Metroid or not!

Crap, I don't remember if I got Super Metroid or not!
If not, it's time for you to sell the Wii U because you're obviously not using it to its full potential.
I know - and I have no interest in turning it on at this point to see if I did buy it either.

Though I did buy a $20 eShop card (using GS credit) a few weeks back with the express purpose of putting it on there so I don't have to enter my CC info for all these 30 cent purchases.

I know - and I have no interest in turning it on at this point to see if I did buy it either.

Though I did buy a $20 eShop card (using GS credit) a few weeks back with the express purpose of putting it on there so I don't have to enter my CC info for all these 30 cent purchases.
Isn't there only 1 more $.30 game left after Yoshi? Metroid is the only one I've picked up so far... regretting I forgot to pick up F-Zero when it was on sale.

Isn't there only 1 more $.30 game left after Yoshi? Metroid is the only one I've picked up so far... regretting I forgot to pick up F-Zero when it was on sale.
Yeah, I know there aren't many. But I figured I'd also use it to upgrade some Wii VC titles and at some point I'm sure there will be a downloadable Wii U title I'll want to buy.

Yes, Donkey Kong is the last one. I've picked them all up so far, but I'm not going for Yoshi. Man that game is bad, it was one of the Ambassador games on the 3DS and it sucks mightily - and I tend to enjoy that type of game. It's clunky. Wish they put up Wario's Woods instead, particularly the SNES version. Or Tetris Attack. Or Dr. Mario. Or ANYTHING.

New deals for this week:

Games

Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade - $19.95 - Permanent Price Drop

Yoshi - $0.30 - Ends 7/11

Super Metroid is still $0.30 for the late people. Mutant Mudds Deluxe is out this week for $9.99.

Mutant Mudds Deluxe is out this week for $9.99.
I read a few good reviews for this and am tempted to get it (never played the 3DS version), but since just about every indie game released on the Nintendo store has gone on sale within a few months, I'll probably just hold off.

Yes, Donkey Kong is the last one. I've picked them all up so far, but I'm not going for Yoshi. Man that game is bad, it was one of the Ambassador games on the 3DS and it sucks mightily
QFT. I only planned on buying Kirby, Balloon Fight and Metroid, but I ended up getting F-Zero and Punch Out anyway. With Yoshi, however, I can guarantee 100% that I will NOT be purchasing it.

I know people say it sucks, but I feel obligated to buy everything on merit just to tell Nintendo that these sales do need to keep going. Aside from the Kirby sale, I also took part in every Virtual Console weekly deal just in hopes that they'd continue. Looks like it won't be regular at the very least :(

I take it everyone complaining about the $0.30 downloads forgot that they're worth 10 CN coins apiece? $2.10 for 70 coins is dumb to pass up, even if some of the games suck.

Yes, Donkey Kong is the last one. I've picked them all up so far, but I'm not going for Yoshi. Man that game is bad, it was one of the Ambassador games on the 3DS and it sucks mightily
QFT. I only planned on buying Kirby, Balloon Fight and Metroid, but I ended up getting F-Zero and Punch Out anyway. With Yoshi, however, I can guarantee 100% that I will NOT be purchasing it.

I know people say it sucks, but I feel obligated to buy everything on merit just to tell Nintendo that these sales do need to keep going. Aside from the Kirby sale, I also took part in every Virtual Console weekly deal just in hopes that they'd continue. Looks like it won't be regular at the very least :(
Worth it for the Club Nintendo points alone. Thats why I am getting it anyway.

Yoshi's decent. Shuffling piles from the bottom makes for more interesting play than a Dr Mario or Tetris clone.

But yeah, it's pretty short (apart from high score/arcade mode) and the music sucks. If I had to compare it to anything, I'd say it's the kind of $2 DSiWare you get off club nintendo. Haven't played 2 player yet. Wouldn't pay $5 for it but then again I haven't paid that much for any VC game.

Not sure how they decided on these 7 games. They're 30 cents - that's my new "whatever, buy" price. I got punch out even though I had it from CN on 3DS already. 

Played it for the first time last night and, yeah, Yoshi is pretty bad (but I don't regret spending the $.30). There was a game on my TI-83 calculator in high school that was actually identical to Yoshi. It was called Dino puzzle or some such thing. That sound familiar to anyone else?

I take it everyone complaining about the $0.30 downloads forgot that they're worth 10 CN coins apiece? $2.10 for 70 coins is dumb to pass up, even if some of the games suck.
Sigh. Curse you for bringing that up. 10 points might be worth 30 cents, but the game certainly isn't. I was totally gonna skip it, but now I am thinking about it. And I do want to contribute towards telling Nintendo I appreciate this program, and would like to see things like this again. Maybe I'll download it, start it then wait a week for the survey then move it to an empty page and ignore it.

I'm surprised there is so much hate on Yoshi.  I got it last night and have played it a few times so far and really enjoyed it.  It's a nice refresher from Tetris.

I wouldn't really call Yoshi "bad". I got it from the ambassador program on 3DS & if anything, it's just repetitive.

& reminder that the last 30 cent game will be Donkey Kong on NES on July 15th.

Played it for the first time last night and, yeah, Yoshi is pretty bad (but I don't regret spending the $.30). There was a game on my TI-83 calculator in high school that was actually identical to Yoshi. It was called Dino puzzle or some such thing. That sound familiar to anyone else?
It was a clone of one of the Yoshi puzzle games since almost every game that was on it was a clone of something.

Pretty much how I feel. When that Lady Gaga album debuted for 99 cents on the Amazon MP3 Store, I picked it up. I can't stand her music, but that's the only way you can say, "More of this, please" to a corporation and have them give a hoot.

Looks like Little Inferno will be on sale for $5 starting today. I can recommend it for that price, but probably not the $10 I paid for it awhile back.

Also, not so much a deal, but the New Super Mario Bros U DLC (Luigi) is out today for $20 and you get double Club Nintendo points for purchasing.

New sales for this week:

Little Inferno - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/26

As a reminder, Trine 2 ends next Friday and New Super Luigi U is out now for $19.99.

Yeah, not a deal but:

Club Nintendo Promo: Buy any Virtual Console game for your Wii U between June 28 and June 30 to receive 20 bonus Club Nintendo coins.

Not enough to make me buy anything at full price, though I am strangely curious about this Vegas Stakes game they released today. I must've totally missed it when it released on the Wii VC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back