Wii U eShop Deals - 3/28: Curve & Natsume Sale, $7.50 Adventures of Pip, $10 RE Revelations, $8.49 Mutant Mudds SC, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
These are the latest deals on the Wii U's eShop right now.

All deals end at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET

Select Nintendo Wii U and 3DS eShop titles available to purchase as an eShop code from Nintendo.com! Links included below for these titles.

On Sale

99Moves - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

99Seconds - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Abyss - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Adventures of Pip - $7.50 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Alphadia Genesis - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade - $5.99 - 38% Off - Ends 4/25

Art of Balance - $6.70 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Avoider - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Baila Latino - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Blocky Bot - $1.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Blok Drop U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30
Brave Tank Hero - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin - $1.59 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Color Bombs - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Color Zen - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/25

Cube Life: Island Survival - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/25

Darts Up - $0.99 - 60% Off - Ends 4/21

Don't Crash - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30
Explody Bomb - $0.59 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Fit Music - $12.90 - 59% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility - $0.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Island Flight Simulator - $6.99 - 13% Off - Ends 3/31

Life of Pixel - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/11

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 5/15 - NEW

Maze - $1.99 - 33% Off - Ends 3/31

Mortar Melon - $2.49 - 58% Off - Ends 4/30

Mutant Mudds Deluxe - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge - $8.49 - 15% Off - Ends 4/16 - Cross Buy - Mutant Mudds Deluxe Owners Only

My Style Studio: Hair Salon - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 4/25

My Style Studio: Notebook - $2.49 - 17% Off - Ends 4/25

Ninja Strike: Dangerous Dash - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/31

Nova-111 - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

OlliOlli - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Paper Monsters Recut - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/7

Pentapuzzle - $1.05 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

The Perplexing Orb - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 3/31

Pixel Slime U - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Plenty of Fishes - $2.99 - 40% Off - Ends 4/30

Poker Dice Solitaire Future - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Pumped BMX+ - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 3/29

Rock 'N Racing Off Road - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/21

Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 3/31

Shut The Box - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Skylanders SuperChargers Portal Owner's Pack - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 4/1

Spikey Walls - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge - $14.99 - 63% Off - Ends 3/30

Spy Chameleon - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/31

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/31

Suspension Railroad Simulator - $5.00 - 38% Off - Ends 4/7

The Swapper - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

The Swindle - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 3/31

Tabletop Gallery - $0.70 - 76% Off - Ends 3/30

Toss N Go - $0.35 - 77% Off - Ends 3/30

Ultratron - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 3/31

Word Party - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 4/4

Promotions

• 20% off of either Trine Enchanted Edition ($11.99) or Trine 2: Director's Cut ($15.99) if you own the other game. This is a permanent promotion.
  • Own or Buy Rock 'N Racing Off Road, get Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX for $3.00 (62% Off).
Cross Buy Games

• Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria - $9.99
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars - $19.99
  • OlliOlli - $9.99
  • Woah Dave! - $4.99
  • Xeodrifter - $9.99
Free Games

• Animal Crossing Plaza - Free companion app to Animal Crossing: New Leaf on the 3DS that lets you share screenshots and such from that game on the Miiverse on Wii U.
  • Disney Infinity - This is the full game for free, but it requires the base and figures that are sold separately. Works with bases from any other platform except for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One bases. No Club Nintendo coins come with this version.
  • Rayman Legends Challenges App - New Version of Demo with extra Daily/Weekly Challenges w/Online Leaderboards
  • Tank! Tank! Tank! - Limits: Three Plays Per Day, No Single-Player Campaign, Limited Multiplayer Maps/Mode Availability. Purchase one piece of DLC to get rid of play limit.
  • Zen Pinball 2 - Platform Hub with demos for all tables.
Want to see if a game has been on sale before? Check out my Wii U eShop Sale History Google Doc.

Last edited by a moderator:
New deals for today:

Just Dance 4 - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/9

Just Dance 2014 - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/9

Just Dance Kids 2014 - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/9

LEGO The Hobbit - $39.99 - 20% Off - Permanent Price Drop

Did you guys see this?

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/472076848382607361/photo/1

Wonder if they're going to release Smash branded GC controllers to go along with it. I like the Wii U Pro Controller to much to go to something like that though.
this is awesome news... my wavebirds will come out for this game.

Anyone else having issues with Club Nintendo? I want to register Mario Kart 8 and get my free game. When I try to log in, it tells me I entered the wrong password (I didn't). I try again, and it logs me in, but it says I have no "to dos". Yesterday I got in for a second and it said I was owed a free game and gave me a list to choose from, but then it logged me out. It is also slow as absolute piss.
And it still has issues, but at least I was EVENTUALLY able to redeem my code :whistle2:?

I find it even more annoying that it took an over half an hour to download a game as small as NSMBU. I thought PSN was bad, but it took me that same amount of time to download Catherine, and that's like 5 times it's size.

this is awesome news... my wavebirds will come out for this game.
I question this move too. What's the point? I know I prefer the GC to the WiiU CCP in terms of layout, but the CCP is a viable alternative. Unless they are gonna patch in GC BC (and how can they unless this thing has a memory card slot in the back somewhere) it just seems like a waste of resources. Still, I guess it doesn't hurt to have the option.... it just seems like such a random move though.

And what's with the SSB GC controller? Are they re-releasing GC controllers or something? If so, couldn't they have made it wireless?

Last edited:
I'd bet there will be GC virtual console games. Only reason to release this beyond Smash. How many people will actually play with that controller over any other options? Maybe 10%?

I'd bet there will be GC virtual console games. Only reason to release this beyond Smash. How many people will actually play with that controller over any other options? Maybe 10%?
A lot of people do. Most people used the GC controller for Brawl and there's enough of a market that Five Below still carries brand new 3rd party brand GCN controllers.

I'm hoping this is the case. I've got some eShop credit set aside and have been pricing external HD's just in case they announce the immediate release of GC virtual console at E3 next week. I saw a presumably leaked summary of Nintendo's presentation which said they would release 5 games the day of the conference (Mario Sunshine, SSB Melee, Luigi's Mansion, F Zero, and something else). Sounds too good to be true, but I'm optimistic!

I'm hoping this is the case. I've got some eShop credit set aside and have been pricing external HD's just in case they announce the immediate release of GC virtual console at E3 next week. I saw a presumably leaked summary of Nintendo's presentation which said they would release 5 games the day of the conference (Mario Sunshine, SSB Melee, Luigi's Mansion, F Zero, and something else). Sounds too good to be true, but I'm optimistic!
Hadn't heard that! I'd definitely be in for Mario Sunshine, Melee, and Luigi's Mansion. Hopefully they announce N64 games as well. Honestly though, there just can't be that large of a market for just Smash, there has to be another plan for it. Only thing that sucks is if I have to get gamecube controllers to use on them, so many more remotes to need for one system...

Hadn't heard that! I'd definitely be in for Mario Sunshine, Melee, and Luigi's Mansion. Hopefully they announce N64 games as well. Honestly though, there just can't be that large of a market for just Smash, there has to be another plan for it. Only thing that sucks is if I have to get gamecube controllers to use on them, so many more remotes to need for one system...
This is the same company that introduced Wii Speak, then used it on 2 games (one of those games being an Endless Ocean sequel :whistle2:? ) . And let's not forget the 3DS circle pad, which they hardly utilized at all. Hell, even WM+ was barely used in more than a few games, most of those with "Wii" in the title. I could go on.... e-reader, SNES mouse, the DS rumble pack, Gamecube's broadband adapter, ect.

While it would seem dumb to make something like this for only one game, I certainly wouldn't put it past them. However, I have an extremely hard time imagining them incorporating a Gamecube VC or BC. They'd most likely have to handle the memory card the way the PS3 does it for PS1 titles, and given how utterly incompetent (or cheap/lazy) Nintendo appears to be when it comes to emulation I just can't imagine them getting something like this off the ground. Then there is pricing.... with Nintendo's track record, I don't see them releasing any GC game for under $15-$20. I have no hard data to back this up but I suspect the demand for $15 GC games is much less than it is for $5 or $8 VC games. Couple that with Nintendo's "successful" highway robbery of the fanbase with the WWHD port and I doubt very much we'll be seeing GC on the VC.

I would love BC but that would require a major patch (or perhaps a separate app?), and they'd have to incorporate a memory card slot into that peripheral. I imagine it is doable, but again I just can't picture Nintendo putting in the effort, there can't be much profit in something like that.

Of course, like most of those examples, 3rd parties used them a bit too, so if Nintendo can get 3rd party support beyond WB Interactive and Ubisoft there's that potential, but I'm not holding my breath for that either.

Last edited:
There's also the fact that the majority of these "leaked tidbits" are blatantly false and will not come to pass in any form.

Oh, and the WiiU eShop doesn't even have any N64 titles yet.

There's also the fact that the majority of these "leaked tidbits" are blatantly false and will not come to pass in any form.

Oh, and the WiiU eShop doesn't even have any N64 titles yet.
No n64 games what 2 years into the wii u's lifespan lol. The Nintendo ddp doesn't even count toward wii vc games either. I should not have bought a wii u, mariokart u is probably the worst one, right up there with double dash and 64. BestBuy's and other stores around here don't even have games like new super luigi and wonderful 101 unless you want to go to a gaymestop.

Ya what's odd is when they announced GBA games were coming they said N64 was too...we see how that worked out...

No deals to report, but Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap is being released on the virtual console today. Woot woot!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

If we can get Zero Mission and Fire Emblem I'll be set for GBA VC games.

Here are the new deals for this week:

1001 Spikes - $10.01 - 33% Off

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland - $12.90 - 35% Off - Ends 7/10

TNT Racers: Nitro Machines Edition - $4.99 - 38% Off - Ends 6/19

New releases:

1001 Spikes - $10.01

Chubbins - $5.99

I've Got to Run! - $1.99

The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap - GBA - $7.99

I never played Minish Cap, is it awesome?
Many considered it the last great 2D Zelda as the series focused on 3D, although Link Between Worlds might have changed that.

I enjoyed Minish Cap a lot more than the Oracle games, which I agree felt more like fan fiction than traditional Zelda. Minish Cap, though, retains more of a classic feel and is definitely worth playing.

Wii U E3 Flash Sale

Prices good until Monday morning

Super Mario Bros.  VC- $3.49

Super Mario World  VC- $5.59

Sonic Lost World- $34.99

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed- $20.99

Wind Waker HD- $34.99

Zelda NES VC- $3,49

LEGO Movie Game- $34.99

LEGO The Hobbit- $27.99

LEGO Batman 2- $13.99

Yoshi's Island: SMA 3 VC- $5.59

Here are the new deals for today:

The Legend of Zelda - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 6/16

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - $34.99 - 30% Off - Ends 6/16

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 6/16

LEGO The Hobbit - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 6/16

The LEGO Movie Videogame - $34.99 - 30% Off - Ends 6/16

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - $20.99 - 48% Off - Ends 6/16

Sonic Lost World - $34.99 - 30% Off - Ends 6/16

Super Mario Bros. - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 6/16

Super Mario World - $5.59 - 30% Off - Ends 6/16

Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 - $5.59 - 30% Off - Ends 6/16

worth getting?

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed- $20.99

I know there's MK8 (I have it) but more MP fun the merrier
I can't think of a single reason you'd want it if you have MK8.

Last edited:
I can't think of a single reason you'd want it if you have MK8.
The different types of races in Sonic ASRT provide a lot more variety than MK8 grants. I have both (Sonic for PC, though), and have found myself wanting to go back and play some of the other modes in the World Tour just for a little change. Not sure how the Wii U version plays, so I can't speak to that, but I would recommend it highly on PC.

The "deal" on Sonic ASRT is basically the same price it's been on Amazon for quite a while now.  More convenient if you prefer to download games I suppose, but the price isn't really anything special.  I almost bought this a few times after playing the demo but decided against it since Mario Kart was so close, maybe I'll go back to it someday, it does seem like a fun game and different enough from Mario Kart to be able to enjoy both.

Pac-Land - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 6/16

Pac-Man Collection - $4.89 - 51% Off - Ends 6/16

Resident Evil Revelations - $19.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/19

New releases:

How to Train Your Dragon 2 - $39.99

Pac-Land - NES - $3.49

Pac-Man Collection - GBA - $4.89

Soccer - NES - $4.99

Next week looks to be a big week with How to Survive, Another World 20th Anniversary Edition, and Pushmo World as the notable new releases.

I'm definitely interested in RE Revelations, but I'm wondering which version is best: Wii U or 3DS? I've heard professional reviewers say the 3DS, but I'm wondering what other players have to say about the similarities and differences between the versions.

I'm definitely interested in RE Revelations, but I'm wondering which version is best: Wii U or 3DS? I've heard professional reviewers say the 3DS, but I'm wondering what other players have to say about the similarities and differences between the versions.
I haven't played the Wii U version yet, but having tried it both on Xbox 360 and 3DS, they are virtually the same. I would say the 3DS version might be better is you have a Circle Pad Pro, since the game feels more like a mobile experience or a short/simpler RE game. If you don't have a Circle Pad Pro, don't even bother with the 3DS version IMO since the other versions have a twin sticks controller style.

Pac-Land - $3.49 - 30% Off - Ends 6/16

Pac-Man Collection - $4.89 - 51% Off - Ends 6/16

Resident Evil Revelations - $19.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/19

New releases:

How to Train Your Dragon 2 - $39.99

Pac-Land - NES - $3.49

Pac-Man Collection - GBA - $4.89

Soccer - NES - $4.99

Next week looks to be a big week with How to Survive, Another World 20th Anniversary Edition, and Pushmo World as the notable new releases.
Probably going to bite on these at these prices. Sales on these are/would be rare. Has RE:R HD ever even been on sale, and for a good price, both physically and digitally? I know I haven't seen it.. That $19.99 MH3U eShop deal should come back as well. Missed it twice! lol.

Probably going to bite on these at these prices. Sales on these are/would be rare. Has RE:R HD ever even been on sale, and for a good price, both physically and digitally? I know I haven't seen it.. That $19.99 MH3U eShop deal should come back as well. Missed it twice! lol.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjfVICtcl97qdHRldDhRRkF0N20zYTU0QlNmUzktLWc&usp=sharing#gid=18

My Wii U Sale History Google Doc shows it was on sale at the same price for Halloween last year.

It's been $19.99 on Amazon for at least a month now, I've had it sitting in my cart for quite a while contemplating buying it but haven't yet since I have an abundance of games right now and it seems like the majority of 3rd party Wii U games hit sub-$15 sooner or later.

How's pac man collection?
This is the GBA collection that released way back, so these are the issues/bonuses noted on the wiki page:

Due to the restrictive screen resolution of the Game Boy Advance, the player is given the choice of two methods for viewing the playfield in Pac-Man: scroll mode, where the playfield automatically scrolls to follow Pac-Man, or full-screen, where the entire playfield is displayed in miniature form. Same goes to Ms. Pac-Man in the Namco Museum GBA collection.

With the exception of Pac-Attack, the player can alter various settings such as lives, difficulty and bonus life counters, similar to the DIP switch-enabled settings in the original arcade versions. Hints are available for each game.

This release is notable for the inclusion of Pac-Man Arrangement, a remixed, full-color update of Pac-Man with new power-ups and gameplay features. The game was released into arcades by Namco in 1996 as part of Namco Classic Collection Vol. 2, but had never been ported to a console prior to this release. Also the version of Pac-Attack featured in this game omits the versus mode.

Pac-Man Collection received generally positive reviews but was criticized for cutting out pieces of the sound and music, for inconsistent problems with both screen options for Pac-Man, and for lacking a save facility, so players' high scores cannot be stored in the games.
The save issue would be the only thing this version won't suffer from due to the save state feature.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/06/15/capcom-announces-12-wii-u-virtual-console-titles-including-breath-of-fire-mega-man-x3-and-more.aspx?utm_content=buffer874b3&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Capcom announced some Wii U VC titles at E3:

• Breath of Fire (Wii U)
  • Demon's Crest (Wii U)
  • Gargoyle's Quest II (3DS, Wii U)
  • Mega Man 5 (Wii U)
  • Mega Man 6 (Wii U)
  • Mega Man 7 (Wii U)
  • Mega Man X3 (Wii U)
  • Mega Man Zero (Wii U)
  • Mega Man Battle Network (Wii U)
  • Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge (Wii U)
  • Mighty Final Fight (3DS, Wii U)
  • Street Fighter 2010 (3DS, Wii U)
"Capcom has a few more games planned, like Mega Man Zero 2, Mega Man Battle Network 2, and Mega Man Battle Network 3, but those will likely be 2015."

So it looks like there will be plenty of Capcom GBA titles coming to Wii U VC, though it's a little limited in score with all of those Mega Man games. I hope there's more coming because I'd like to see the GBA stuff get more support than the other VC platforms have gotten compared to Wii VC.

Here are the new deals for next week:

Toki Tori 2+ - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/3

New releases:

Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition - $7.99

Color Zen Kids - $3.99

Geom - $0.99

How to Survive - $14.99

Pushmo World - $9.99

Super Dodge Ball - NES - $4.99

this week im gettin pushmo world. next week shovel knight. the week after is guacamelee

OMG SO MANY GAMES MUAHAHAUHAUA 

It's been $19.99 on Amazon for at least a month now, I've had it sitting in my cart for quite a while contemplating buying it but haven't yet since I have an abundance of games right now and it seems like the majority of 3rd party Wii U games hit sub-$15 sooner or later.
It's a late reply but, I bought RE:R HD for $19.99 + tax on the eShop before I left for work this morning. Factor in that the eShop funds I used were from the 20% off sale Best Buy had months back and the 10% back from the Deluxe Digital Promotion, that's around net $13.99 and tax. I can live with that! lol. Plus you get a total of 60 CN coins, unlike the physical version, which has no CN code.

Also, I was surprised that the digital version was around 14GB! O_O. This is easily the biggest game I have ever downloaded on ANY gaming system that I own. No problem though.. my portable 250GB external HDD wasn't afraid of this game ;). Can't wait to see how this looks in HD and off-TV play with the Gamepad!

xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back