WrestleMania 21 Thread

Sweet, a "what glitch did you have?" post!

Let me tell you what just happened to me. Im in TLC match against ...oh it doesnt matter. Anyway...I lost the 1st match..you only option is to rematch or quit.

I rematch, and instead of the belt being hig above the ring. It is hanging two inches from the mat. But the wrestlers are still trying to climb the ladder to get it.

At one point...the ladder got pushed down, while Dvon was trying to climb it...Well the ladder was down, and Dvon was still climbing on some invisible ladder thing.

:rofl:

My only other gripe, and I think is a serious one. The replays....I guess they load from the hard drive....Well The game has frozen a couple of times trying to play the replays....Anybody else experienced this?

:rofl::rofl:

Matt, kiss my ring. I was so right.

[quote name='GenDV138']Looks like I'm going to cancel mine and get something else instead, probably Chaos Theory.[/QUOTE]

That, or Jade Empire, or Forza, which comes out in two weeks or so.

Or Psychonauts. Or Rainbow Six: Lockdown. Or GTA: San Andreas!

I thought this was pretty funny...

[quote name='Team Xbox Review']The commentary during matches and voice-overs during the career mode add some WWE panache, but the inaccuracies and repetitiveness do detract a bit. Why say, “Welcome to Raw!” when you’re actually wrestling at No Way Out?[/QUOTE]

GamgingRing review is up, Mike gave it a 7.5, anyone got any extra clues Shrike was selling? :p

Renee Duprees invisible brother beat me up in the first match of career mode. Renee would be on one side of the ring and I'd be getting punched and hip tossed while on the other and unable to get away from my invisible assailant.

OMG :rofl::rofl::rofl:

[quote name='Scorch']That, or Jade Empire, or Forza, which comes out in two weeks or so.

Or Psychonauts. Or Rainbow Six: Lockdown. Or GTA: San Andreas![/QUOTE]

I have CT. It is a great game. I also have Jade Empire but I haven't even opened it yet. I think I'm going to take it back and exchange it for Forza, Pyschonauts, or Conker.

I was thinking about taking it back and getting WM21, but now there is...

011.jpg

NO CHANCE IN HELL!

I'm seriously starting to think the wrong copy was pressed, like Breed.

RUMOR #4: The version of BREED CDV shipped to stores was not the same version submitted by Brat Designs.

Source: An expansive and vitriolic post on the official BREED forums.

The official story: No comment.

What we heard: Once billed as a potential Halo rival, BREED has received almost universally dismal reviews since it was released last week. According to the GameSpot review, the main sticking points with the game are its "flimsy writing, atrocious voice acting, generic enemies and settings." However, one of the game's animators is reportedly claiming that the game's problems are not the fault of the developer. In a series of posts on the CDV forums, someone claiming to be Brat Designs' Billy "Bli" Allison stated, "We (Brat) finished BREED, but the released version wasn't the one we had finished." The person then leveled a series of charges against CDV, claiming the publisher rewrote and rerecorded the dialogue, "'brightened' up" subtle lighting, ruined textures, changed level scripts, and shipped a build of the game several generations behind the one submitted by Brat. The poster even claimed that CDV is holding back a patch submitted by Brat "several weeks ago" that fixed many of the game's technical issues. When confronted with the laundry list of allegations, CDV's American reps forwarded GameSpot's requests for comment to the publisher's German headquarters--who never responded. Attempts to contact UK-based Brat were also unsuccessful.

Bogus or not bogus?: In this case, the silence was deafening--and damning. Not bogus.

Breed received very low scores.. so hey, who knows.

Anyone want to make a photoshopped 'Wrestlemania Recall' picture (a pun from the Wrestlemania replays)?

[quote name='mykevermin']If I don't open the package, can I return the game instore if I order from gamestop online?

myke.[/QUOTE]

Just refuse the package when it arrives, or you could just send it back.

Well, I sent a cancellation request to GS.com.

I typically buy from EB; gamestop offered free overnight shipping, though.

Given the extreme differences in the stores in reagrds to the deals they offer, more open return policies, and general friendliness to customers (not in all cases, of course), I'm rather upset that GS is the controlling company in the merger.

myke.
...DoR is very fun (I still have all 3 GC titles, because I find them to have excellent gameplay); I would recommend HCTP above all else, more due to the outstanding roster.

[quote name='GenDV138']Someone posted this on GamingRing.com forums of a glitch in ladder match:

apr200011iw.jpg
[/QUOTE]

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

Man, I didnt know the game was gonna be this bad. Glad that I decided not to preorder it.

Glitches, people cant play online, maybe a recall, etc.

BTW, that ladder pic is funny as hell.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']This is one time I think I will check the Gamefaqs board just to see what people are saying, lol.[/QUOTE]

I have been all day. I have had a few good laughs already. :lol:

[quote name='Scorch']

Matt, kiss my ring. I was so right.[/QUOTE]

I never said you were wrong, I was just hoping you were. Thanks for making me remember the "reparations checks" skit from Chappelle's Show, though. "Kiss the rings, bitch!" I need to go watch the DVDs.

I'm still going to wait and judge the game myself, although if the bad reviews keep coming, I'll rent before deciding whether or not to cash in my pre-order or get something else.

I like nearly every wrestling game, even the ones that most people deem mediocre, so if the online play is fixed and the overall gameplay isn't as bad as WCW Thunder or Backstage Assault, I may well enjoy the game. It can't be worse than paying $50 for WCW Thunder.

Of course, I could end up hating the game, too, and chances are that your negative attitude is more validated than my hopeful outlook, but I'll hold on to that last glimmer of hope until I actually play it. Then if it really is that damn bad, I will readily admit it. Things aren't looking too good now, though.

[quote name='mykevermin']Holy crap; my gamespot order has been 'processing' since last night, so I can't cancel it.

myke.
...dammit.[/QUOTE]

MYKE! I am in the same fucking situation! I am going to return this game tomorrow and not open it, and get credit from gamestop. Is that easy to do u think?

Edit: fucking hell I can't return this game!? The online play doesn't even work!

I never said you were wrong, I was just hoping you were. Thanks for making me remember the "reparations checks" skit from Chappelle's Show, though. "Kiss the rings, bitch!" I need to go watch the DVDs.

I was referencing Scrubs, actually.

Heh. I haven't played a wrestling game since the PS2 Here Comes the Pain. I better show this thread to one of my friends. (He buys every wrestling game he can get his hands on.)

I've never seen Scrubs, although I heard it's good. My mistake, though.

I still can't get Gaming Ring's message boards to load. I've been going there for years, so I know there's always a ton of traffic on a game's release day, but this is getting irritating.

Here's a few Gamefaqs quotes....

I'd Rather Watch JBL, Orlando Jordan and Eric Bischoff Square Dance together for an hour straight then play this game anymore.

I had more fun playin wcw Backsault assault then this trash n wcw assault was trash too.

I played one match at EB and immediately cancelled my preorder. The game is crap

I'd also rather watch Bill Cosby throw a Soda in HHH's face, then fight him in a match for 85 minutes, No Selling HHH's moves.

:lol:

[quote name='Matt Young']I've never seen Scrubs, although I heard it's good. My mistake, though.

I still can't get Gaming Ring's message boards to load. I've been going there for years, so I know there's always a ton of traffic on a game's release day, but this is
getting irritating.[/QUOTE]

I got in earlier. Nothing but complaining in the WM21 board.

Told you Mike would give it a good/decent review. IGN was way too lenient with a 6.0.

Heh. I sent Gamestop about my order since it hasn't shipped yet. Hopefully they'll cancel it, if not I am going to return this to Wal-Mart because there is no way I'm going to throw $50 on a game that doesn't even have Online play when It's advertised. fuck THQ.

I could have lived if the online play worked, no matter how broken this game was. fuck. fuck. fuck.

I bought it today...game is just ok. It doesn't have the rush or excitement of the Smackdown series. Like you can have a back and forth match, and finally pull off your finisher and win, and both the crowd and the announcers are dead as a doornail. Also when you do a finisher, the background turns all red or blue. Very ugly.

Sadly, with no online play, this game is a dud. I really REALLY hope there is a recall, so I can receive a sealed copy, which I can return to my store or sell off :p

Well as I said, I e-mailed Gamestop to cancel my order, if i cant get a hold of them by the morning im goign to call them. But from what I read you can send your game back if it's new and sealed with the original things u received (the game sealed and calander) but u lose out on your shipping and handling fee. I think I'm gonna pick up UC2 instead.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Here's a few Gamefaqs quotes....

I'd also rather watch Bill Cosby throw a Soda in HHH's face, then fight him in a match for 85 minutes, No Selling HHH's moves.

:lol:[/QUOTE]

:applause: :rofl:
That was great. This game is pure shit and I love it!

A friend of mine is all pumped about this game for the online component. I never got wrestling games though. I mean c'mon.. a magical "stamina" meter that barely goes down when you get your head planted through a table? Then again, that's all about tastes.

However, he's not turned away by the reviews. He's still all about it. Goes to show that although reviews do affect game sales, there's still that portion that gets sold on the anticipation and hype of a game

[quote name='Skylander7']A friend of mine is all pumped about this game for the online component. I never got wrestling games though. I mean c'mon.. a magical "stamina" meter that barely goes down when you get your head planted through a table? Then again, that's all about tastes.

However, he's not turned away by the reviews. He's still all about it. Goes to show that although reviews do affect game sales, there's still that portion that gets sold on the anticipation and hype of a game[/QUOTE]

Have you bothered to tell him that.. you know, there isn't an online mode?

MORE GLITCHES!!!!!! :D

1. After a loss in a fatal four-way, I restarted quickly, won and they played Booker's music and announced he won (my CAW was still credited with the win)

2. If you tap the A button fast enough after a loss, you can have the match with that stupid WWE Replay logo on the bottom

3. Bischoff says my CAW has to fight Snuka in a cage match, yet no cage?

No Music is played when in a Royal Rumble match.

- In my handicap matches, I don't have to do anything because my opponents fight each other

During my HBK/Nature Boy match, Flair irished whipped me into the corner...however when my guy reached the corner he was stuck in a crouching/running motion only he wasn't moving...And to make it worse, Flair ran the OTHER way and ended up doing the same....So, I had to quit the match.....

People don't go to the ropes to break a sub, nor tap out when it says they do.

another thing i noticed was with edge

when he comes out he has his new music but after i won a match his old music was playing

you cant even preview the attires for your caw without selecting them than going back again

referee keep saying 1 1 1 1 on the count out even though nobody went into the ring

:rofl::rofl:

People on gamefaqs are also stating the games freezes during the replay sequences, and in some other portions as well.

[quote name='RawisJericho']I can't wait till tomorrow.
Gamespot is going to rape this game in their review.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to ship my copy back tomorrow... that is if gamestop doesn't cancel the order for me.

Ok guys, here's a new review posted over at gamefaqs. Here it is.

OmegaXHavoc
I don't post at gamefaqs.com too much but i read the boards a lot. I bought WWE WrestleMania XXI and the game reminds me of the N64 days, which i like. I hated Smackdown and PS2 WWF games cause i thought it was too fast and flashy. This game i like, it's not lightening and it's solid. If you like the old school WWE games then ignore the reviews and check this out. I almost didn't cause i was burned with Raw but i took a chance and i haven't put it down since (except to type this).

Only thing i dislike:

- Gotta earn the legends (good but i wanted to be the hitman for my first game)
-Online not working (duh)
-Only CAWs can go through the career mode, i hate making them so i'll wait till some people made some classic CAW wrestlers to copy.

Good game cause it's what i wanted, if you like faster WWE games then stick with PS2. Very Very Simple, BTW this will be the biggiest selling game since HALO 2 and GTA no matter if it got an 0.1 from ign.

PS.

IGN can go to hell soaked in gasoline because they cost me 50 bucks with Raw. In the words of a famous man "they know not what they do".

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=920641&topic=20535730

I actually paid $50 for Raw 2 on release, had lots of good laughs with the game but it wasn't worth $10.

The entire problem with WM is you can't take it online, and either THQ is going to have to recall the copies or somehow get MS to make it go online somehow (but how is that even possible?) or just say online doesnt exist, and in the next batch of copies remove the LIVE logo, which is probably going to be the case.

I bought this game solely for the online play, because that eliminates all the AI glitchs, and goes down to either laggy gameplay, ref mistakes (I guess the 1...1..1 glitch) or abuse of gameplay mechanics, which shouldn't be the case all the time if u play with good people. Now that THQ has made the Live play inactive, there is no purpose for me to own this game other then laugh at it. Unreal Championship 2 here I come if they don't fix this games Live ability by TOMORROW.

The entire problem with WM is you can't take it online, and either THQ is going to have to recall the copies or somehow get MS to make it go online somehow (but how is that even possible?)

By issuing a mandatory Live upgrade, though I doubt they'll do it just to fix it.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I actually paid $50 for Raw 2 on release, had lots of good laughs with the game but it wasn't worth $10.

The entire problem with WM is you can't take it online, and either THQ is going to have to recall the copies or somehow get MS to make it go online somehow (but how is that even possible?) or just say online doesnt exist, and in the next batch of copies remove the LIVE logo, which is probably going to be the case.

I bought this game solely for the online play, because that eliminates all the AI glitchs, and goes down to either laggy gameplay, ref mistakes (I guess the 1...1..1 glitch) or abuse of gameplay mechanics, which shouldn't be the case all the time if u play with good people. Now that THQ has made the Live play inactive, there is no purpose for me to own this game other then laugh at it. Unreal Championship 2 here I come if they don't fix this games Live ability by TOMORROW.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it'll be fixed for a while. I hope this is a big wakeup call for THQ. Maybe since this is the 3rd flopped game on the Xbox, they will actually come out with something good on the 360.

[quote name='RawisJericho']I doubt it'll be fixed for a while. I hope this is a big wakeup call for THQ. Maybe since this is the 3rd flopped game on the Xbox, they will actually come out with something good on the 360.[/QUOTE]

I hope so too, but I bet it won't be since unfortunately the name will sell the game. How f'ing sad is that - the best wrestling game on the XBox isn't even a wrestling game (Def Jam Vendetta). THQ had three chances to get it right and blew every one.

What I REALLY hope is THQ loses the WWE game rights since they have long worn out their welcome. I know some people think the Smackdown and/or Day of Reckoning games are ok, but I think that's more of a case of everything else being so bad, not those being anything amazing.

Still, reading about that referee "1...1...1..." glitch made me laugh.

I want a Smackdown style game on XBL game. The Smackdown games are pretty quality, I and even though I no longer watch WWE, I would definitely want a quality WWE XBL title, guess I won't find it here. :(

[quote name='Scorch']By issuing a mandatory Live upgrade, though I doubt they'll do it just to fix it.[/QUOTE]

How's that? *clueless look*

God I'm so frustrated, forgive me for not thinking during half my recent posts. My apologizes to the CAG community that has to read through my posts.

Since EA is snatching up a lot of licenses, why dont the try and get the WWE one when the current contract expires. I'm sure anything they put out will be WAY better then Raw 1, 2, and Wrestlemania XXI. Plus, they have the AKI engine (like from Def Jam series) so it could be like No Mercy except for current consoles.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']How's that? *clueless look*

God I'm so frustrated, forgive me for not thinking during half my recent posts. My apologizes to the CAG community that has to read through my posts.[/QUOTE]

A mandatory Live upgrade? You know how when you sign into Live on some games and it'll say update required? Yeah, it'd just do that when you logged on the XBL main menu.

I'm half expecting them to stop making games on the XBox and claim it's a failure or something. If anything, I hope THQ loses the rights to make the game and EA grabs them and licenses AKI out to do them.

BTW, stop blaming THQ.. it's not like they made the game itself. Blame Studio Gigante.

bread's done
Back