WrestleMania 21 Thread

[quote name='Scorch']A mandatory Live upgrade? You know how when you sign into Live on some games and it'll say update required? Yeah, it'd just do that when you logged on the XBL main menu.

I'm half expecting them to stop making games on the XBox and claim it's a failure or something. If anything, I hope THQ loses the rights to make the game and EA grabs them and licenses AKI out to do them.

BTW, stop blaming THQ.. it's not like they made the game itself. Blame Studio Gigante.[/QUOTE]

THQ chooses who makes the games so it is their fault in a way. If they want a good wrestling game, they should go with a developer with more experience.

[quote name='Scorch']A mandatory Live upgrade? You know how when you sign into Live on some games and it'll say update required? Yeah, it'd just do that when you logged on the XBL main menu.
[/QUOTE]

So it would have to be done from the main xbox live menu from the xbox dashboard? I see. Thanks Scorch, you da man *Scott Hall taunt*

True, but it's not DIRECTLY their fault. SG may have been the only one available that'd do it.

Funnily enough, since it's with store credit, if they get Live up and going, I just may get this. I don't care how shitty it is.. I bet it's a blast on Live. Since most of the game's problems are AI and glitches involving the AI.. yeah, I bet it's fun as hell on Live.

[quote name='Scorch']True, but it's not DIRECTLY their fault. SG may have been the only one available that'd do it.

Funnily enough, since it's with store credit, if they get Live up and going, I just may get this. I don't care how shitty it is.. I bet it's a blast on Live. Since most of the game's problems are AI and glitches involving the AI.. yeah, I bet it's fun as hell on Live.[/QUOTE]

Only thing that bothers me is with the people who will exploit the glitches like the one where

1. knock the opponent down
2. stomp on him/her
3. keep stomping
4. still keep stomping
5. when they're weak enough, pick them up and give them your finisher

Only way I would play this online is if it was with my friends, not random strangers.

Well, I thought this would be the case with all of the delays and the lack of any reviews until last night. Although, I was hoping that it had been delayed for legitimate polishing. All I have to say is that I'm glad that I ordered in-store, and now I will be picking up my refund soon...

There are lots of computer savvy people out there.

What we need is a 5 minute video of these horrible glitches patched together, with the song "Yakkity Sax" (a/k/a "The Benny Hill Theme") playing. Perhaps THQ will wake up if they see that.

Not likely. They did, I will admit, exchange me a copy of HCTP when I told them I had no interest in Raw 2 (b/c of glitches).

I can't help but wonder if THQ will find themselves in the same spot that Acclaim is in now, given that both companies' have heavily license-driven revenues, and don't seem to mind putting an absolutely abysmal and clearly unfinished game on the market if it makes their bottom line soar.

Sure, they're still profitable now; it will be a cold day in Kansas before I preorder any WWE title from now on (unless its developed by AKI or Spike).

myke.

Hmm Myke any news on canceling your order on "processing?". Looks like overnight shipping isn't paying off either way because most stores will have this game by today, and for us to get a game later (whether it sucks or not) by a day even with free overnight shipping is pretty bad. Granted It's only 7:43am EASTERN atm. Ouch.

Will the Xbox ever see a great wrestling game?

THQ should re-release Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy on one CD and sell it at 19.99.

I'd buy that, even with the old ass graphics. But at least the gameplay would be there.

Now I have a tracking number, and it is on the FedEx truck for delivery.

myke.
...allow me to express my emotions; I think Eric Cartman's disgusted pronunciation of "goddammit!" will more than suffice here.

[quote name='mykevermin']Now I have a tracking number, and it is on the FedEx truck for delivery.

myke.
...allow me to express my emotions; I think Eric Cartman's disgusted pronunciation of "goddammit!" will more than suffice here.[/QUOTE]

Return to Walmart? Last resort, ebay it for $45.

Called FedEx to refuse delivery (I don't want to waste the dude's time to go to my house, and I'm not home to refuse).

After calling Gamestop and FedEx, the package is refused and going back to GS. I don't pay any shipping charges to send it back, and I get all my money back. Good times.

fuck you GS; god love FedEx.

myke.
...wiping the sweat from my brow.

[quote name='Scorch']Fake a chinese accent when the guy shows up and make him think he has the wrong house or something.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm a pasty white honkey. I doubt that would work. 'twould be pretty funny, though.

myke.

I was one of the unfortunate people to give the game a chance and pick it up yesterday. Luckly I talked with my friend last night who works at the game store I picked it up at and he is going to let me return it as defective and get a full refund.

I think the Raw series which is not good blows this game out of the water!

The game is full of glitches and freezing. Game play I think is the worst wrestling game I have ever played.

You get knocked to the matt and you just roll around and can not get up.

When you try to sign on to Xbox Live it does not even work.

The game froze on me twice and I only played three games yesterday.

After I won the first match the replay skipped and would not play.

The anouncers say I am doing a move that I have not even attempted, ie finishers. It said I was trying to do an RKO and I did a standing drop kick but good old JR said I did an RKO.

The music quality of the entrances is crap. The outdated rosters sucks too. I picked Batastia vs John Cena and they were booing Batasia during his entrance. He is no longer a heel! These are things that should be fixed when you delay a title. Also I think the entrances suck in general. I picked Booker T vs Triple H and was very dissappointed in the entrances of each character. Weak firework and lighting effects.

The only positive I have to say is that some of the player models look good, but that does not mean they animate well.

Please I advise every CAG to stay far away from this game. Please do not waste $50 on it even if you are a diehard wrestling fan. If you must play it rent it but I would not waste the money on a rental either when there are much better games that came out this month. I would say that IGN was too generous with the 6.0 review. I would have given the game no higher than a 4.0 and that would be only for the character models everything else about this game is arse!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']LOL, this is the first time in a LONG time I have heard numerous people WANTING EA to get a particular license.[/QUOTE]

i hate EA as much as the next guy, but they would probably make something better than this ball sack of a game

[quote name='GenDV138']I cancelled my preorder today at EB and got Jade Empire LE instead.[/QUOTE]

That was a very smart move! I am going to get Unreal instead of this pile!

hell no ea better not get wwe license.......the only good thing that could come out of it is yukes making the game again.....

but still no....

Ha! I find this funny. after everything that has been posted on the net already, and the upcoming reviews in game mags for people without net access. THQ still has these VERY out of context review qoutes up on their offical WM21 mini site.

"Without a doubt, WrestleMania 21 is the best-looking wrestling game to date."
- Jeremy Zoss, Game Informer

"…Xbox gamers can know that after all of this time, there's a wrestling game worth buying."
- Sean Malcolm, King Magazine

"We haven't even scratched the surface of WM 21's Career or Online modes and it is already the best wrestling game we've seen on the Xbox."
- Rob Semsey, TeamXbox.com

"The combatants move with such fluidity and grace that WrestleMania 21 captures the flow of an actual WWE match better than any game that has come before."

"WrestleMania's looking like it may have what it takes to be king of the ring."
- Joshua Cain, EGM

"The online function of WrestleMania is one of the most impressive aspects of the game."

"Xbox has not been home to many wrestling games and has, at times, felt like the forgotten console for wrestling fans. That changes this March with the release of the highly-anticipated WrestleMania 21."
- Hilary Goldstein, IGN.com

"Thanks to the developer's goal of creating the ultimate presentation for a wrestling game, players will be immersed in the world of the WWE like never before."

"Featuring motion-captured animations, voice-over and commentary from your favorite wrestlers, and four-player head-to-head online play, WrestleMania 21 sounds like the wrestling game Xbox owners have been dying for."

"The WWE keeps on rolling and THQ is there to pump testosterone-fueled machismo into the mouths of gamers everywhere with WWE WrestleMania 21."
- James Mielke, 1up.com

"WrestleMania 21 is firing on all cylinders - a definite championship contender."
- Chris Hoffman, Play magazine

[quote name='cyborg2040']Ha! I find this funny. after everything that has been posted on the net already, and the upcoming reviews in game mags for people without net access. THQ still has these VERY out of context review qoutes up on their offical WM21 mini site.

"…Xbox gamers can know that after all of this time, there's a wrestling game worth buying."

"We haven't even scratched the surface of WM 21's Career or Online modes and it is already the best wrestling game we've seen on the Xbox."

"The combatants move with such fluidity and grace that WrestleMania 21 captures the flow of an actual WWE match better than any game that has come before."

- Joshua Cain, EGM

"The online function of WrestleMania is one of the most impressive aspects of the game."

"Xbox has not been home to many wrestling games and has, at times, felt like the forgotten console for wrestling fans. That changes this March with the release of the highly-anticipated WrestleMania 21."

"Thanks to the developer's goal of creating the ultimate presentation for a wrestling game, players will be immersed in the world of the WWE like never before."

"Featuring motion-captured animations, voice-over and commentary from your favorite wrestlers, and four-player head-to-head online play, WrestleMania 21 sounds like the wrestling game Xbox owners have been dying for."

"The WWE keeps on rolling and THQ is there to pump testosterone-fueled machismo into the mouths of gamers everywhere with WWE WrestleMania 21."
- James Mielke, 1up.com

"WrestleMania 21 is firing on all cylinders - a definite championship contender."
- Chris Hoffman, Play magazine[/QUOTE]

:lol:
:lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
:lol:

[quote name='Scorch']True, but it's not DIRECTLY their fault. SG may have been the only one available that'd do it.

Funnily enough, since it's with store credit, if they get Live up and going, I just may get this. I don't care how shitty it is.. I bet it's a blast on Live. Since most of the game's problems are AI and glitches involving the AI.. yeah, I bet it's fun as hell on Live.[/QUOTE]

I still do not have any clue why they changed developers to SG. Anchor may not have done a great job with the WWE Raw games, but they did a damn good job with the original UFC game.

and I do not think Raw 2 was all that far from being a great game (it sucked, but it was only like 4 or 5 months of tweaks away from being awesome). The gameplay could have used tweaking, but it was close enough that they should have kept letting Anchor develop the Xbox WWE games

[quote name='cyborg2040']Ha! I find this funny. after everything that has been posted on the net already, and the upcoming reviews in game mags for people without net access. THQ still has these VERY out of context review qoutes up on their offical WM21 mini site.

- Joshua Cain, EGM

- James Mielke, 1up.com

- Chris Hoffman, Play magazine[/QUOTE]

This is sadly why I NEVER should trust magazine previews anymore. They hype everything up.

Everyone's ignoring Guyver. Stop ignoring him.

I just went to GameCrazy and popped this in. I played for two hours straight. I played ladder matches, handicap matches, HIAC matches.. I lost the ladder match six times trying to duplicate the bug and it never happened. As a matter of fact, I did not have ANY bugs. People complain about freezing. I think this is due to them having the Thompson drive. You read right. I had no bugs. In a handicap match, both people tried to whoop my ass. I never had an AI bug at all. I never had a bug in HIAC. It was a wonderful experience. My only complaint is that they get up too fast sometimes. When climbing a ladder and knocked off, Christian popped right back up. Other than that, this game is fun. Word of mouth has trampeled it so bad that most of you aren't even going to give this a try and you're missing out on a fun experience.

I started a career mode with a default CAW so I could hear the voiceovers. The voiceovers are absolutely top notch. I played against Renee Dupree in the first match and lost. I had no "invisible person" attacking me. Bottom line, give this a rent. I played it and I loved it. If Live support comes up, I will, without a doubt, get this.

Damn the fedex dropped off the package, and I wasn't able to refuse.
However, I got about 25 days to watch and see what GS gives this game, and if THQ is going to do anything about Online (it's advertised all over the package to, how sad). I'm gonna keep it sealed and see what happens. Is this game really worst then RAW2? Or is Scorch right and this game deserves a shot? I'm a huge wrestling fan, but im pissed about the online ability so much to the point I want to take out my lighter and burn WM21 on video and distribute it over the net, rather then get my $50 refund ;)

I'm waiting on THQ, I think im gonna give them a ring today, and I hope everyone does the same till something is done about the Live portion.

[quote name='GenDV138']I'll probably pick it up after they get the online deal sorted out, that's the main reason why I wanted the game.[/QUOTE]

I may get it before that. It was a fucking blast to play.. and if you have me, the guy who made fun of it from the start, talking about how awesome it is.. yeah. Seeing the entrances for the first time was AMAZING. Watch HBK come out. When he comes from behind the curtain, you'll swear it's on TV or something. The frame rate is so smooth it's unreal.

Just one question, you don't walk with the directional pad, and run with the left analog stick do you? That was one of my biggest complaints about RAw... well that and seasion.

After Legends of Wrestling III got all the bad reviews it did, I avioded it like the plauge. But then I found a copy right before Christmas last year that was new/sealed and only cost $14.99 so I decided why not. Honestly, I like the game. Sure, it has bugs that are VERY annoying, but they are pretty rare for the most part.

Funniest one was Bret Hart pinning me 1....2 KICKOUT! Yet bret staied in the pin position while I shot around the arena like the metal ball in a pinball machine.

Anyhow, I might still consider picking up a copy of this game in the near future, but I'm not sure about paying $50.00 for it. I will prob. wait until I can find a used copy on ebay or something for around $20.00

Just one question, you don't walk with the directional pad, and run with the left analog stick do you? That was one of my biggest complaints about RAw... well that and seasion.

You can walk with both the D-Pad and Analog stick. The right stick is used to taunt. Hit the Y button to run.

For the record, I like Showdown as well.

I'm seriously fighting back the urge to go pick it up now. It was a blast when I played it. THQ says Live should be up in the next few days.. must.. resist..

Thanks for the reply Scorch. I'm thinking about renting it Monday, maybe I will go that route and see for myself if it's worth the investment.

Since Scorch is one of the most reputable members on this website, It's hard to fight his opinion. But I keep reading of all the bugs and glitchs and what not and It seems hard to ignore. Someone also stated You can be right near the ropes and you won't be able to break submissions, also performing Jericho's special will teleport other characters to the middle of the ring! lol!

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Since Scorch is one of the most reputable members on this website, It's hard to fight his opinion. But I keep reading of all the bugs and glitchs and what not and It seems hard to ignore. Someone also stated You can be right near the ropes and you won't be able to break submissions, also performing Jericho's special will teleport other characters to the middle of the ring! lol![/QUOTE]

I've never had a teleporting submission. Every time they were near the ropes, it broke the submission for me. Never had a problem with that.

If all else fails, even though you have it, rent it. That way you only spend $6 or so and you can leave it sealed.. if you like it, open it up, if you don't, send it back. I'm going to try to get it later today, I had a blast playing it. If you can be specific on other bugs you are concerned about, I can let you know if I encountered them or not.

BTW, this was played on a Samsung drive. If you have a Thompson, you should probably avoid this game like the plague. Raw 2 barely worked with it, I doubt WM21 will.

[quote name='rvdrock']Yeah i know, Scorch is making me considering going to get the game...im just lost as to what to do...[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting on the gamespot review. It is the only review site I can really turst anymore.

OK, I know this sounds like such a newb question, but how do I find out what drive I have...the Philips and Thomson look the same to me...

[quote name='mykevermin']The GameSpy review is from CAG's own ViolentLee; a reliable source and benevolent provider of Pocket Kingdom shirts. Perhaps he's seen this thread and has something else to add?[/QUOTE]

Sorry I didn't peep this thread until now. My review ( http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/wrestlemania-xxi/606295p1.html ) speaks for itself, really. The game is straight-up awful. Scorch and others seem blinded by good graphics and nice Superstar voiceovers, but they'll get old fast when you actually play the thing. If you're curious, rent it.

I know reviews are to be taken with a grain of salt, but I've played more wrestling games than any other reviewer out there, and I'm the only one to be trained as a pro wrestler with over 100 matches under my belt. I know my stuff. Of course, opinions differ, so if you spent $50 on the game and like it, more power to ya.

Scorch and others seem blinded by good graphics and nice Superstar voiceovers, but they'll get old fast when you actually play the thing.

What makes your opinion any better than mine? How can you tell me that my OPINION is wrong? Do you think that your opinion matters more because it was published on a website? I don't care if you're fucking Triple H, my opinion is my own and I like the game. I'm not blinded by "good graphics" or voiceovers (especially the latter, since I played one match in Season). Yes, the game's pretty, but i'm not blinded by anything. Smackdown vs. Raw was pretty and I thought the game sucked shit.

Don't open the game based on my recommendation. As I said, rent it, or try it in a game store first.

bread's done
Back