XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I bought forza horizon and whenever it tries to go into a race it brings up a unreadable disk error everytime and the game can not be played. Anyone know a fix for this?
I am having the same issue. I've tried loading the game from my HDD and various USB sticks with no luck. Am currently going to attempt redownloading it now on my other 360, an old 20 gb fat model, to see if that changes anything, But I'm doubtful.

This seems to be a common problem with the games on demand version of this game after doing some researching for a fix. So far I've essentially paid $15 for major frustration and I can only imagine attempting to get a refund from MS would be much more of the same.

Wow, new thread! Nice :D

A friend of mine wanted to get MG-R, but today prices haven't been as good as the previous days. So he didn't get it. I wanted Hitman absolution, and the price is right, but my HD tells me that it doesn't want more GoD games for now.

is Crysis any good on xbox? Never got it on pc, would kinda like to play it before i finnally play 2 and 3. For 5 bucks i figure may be worth a look, unless its WAY better on pc or something

Nice new thread. Thanks for all your hard work Tyler. Also have u seen Metalocalypse also by Brendon Small. Its completely different than Home Movies but its great.
Anybody who play Hitman Absolution have any corrupted file save problems? I don't want to buy it if the problem still persists.

While State of Decay is very ambitious project and really addicting, the game would benefit from co-op and more dangerous hordes of zombies. I'm playing this for 10+ hours and so far haven't died once, every survivor is fine and have lot's of materials, ammo, food etc.

There is no sense of danger in this game at all, which is a shame. :(

You're one of the lucky ones. I lost Maya fairly early and had numerous close calls. Same with everyone else I know.

Thanks for the thread, Tyler.

I'm hoping for a good discount on Dishonored GonD next week. No matter what I'll buy the DLC that hasn't been on sale. Possibly wait for a cheap disc copy.

For the Dashboard beta I'll keep an eye on the MSP conversion. Right now I have about $35 worth of points since I didn't spend much during this sale and failed at the MS Store glitch.

So, I only ended up getting Borderlands 2, Hitman Absolution, Rockstar Table Tennis, and The Witcher 2. Now to continue my goal of finishing every game in my backlog before the Xbox One releases.

I thought the xbla releases coming soon section of the second post had all of the games coming out this month on it? There's nothing there now, but I know Pacific Rim and REst in Peace Department come out this month.

I bought Forza Horizon yesterday and have had no problems as of yet. I deleted my original game install (not the save data), re-installed, played, and everything works without getting the "disc error".

So, I only ended up getting Borderlands 2, Hitman Absolution, Rockstar Table Tennis, and The Witcher 2. Now to continue my goal of finishing every game in my backlog before the Xbox One releases.
same thing but for gta 5 release did good work on my backlog so far this summer only have these left

mass effect

shadow complex

orange box

dirt 2

crysis

boarderlands 2 (so boring )

Tyler, don't forget to add the prior topic to the list at the end of the 2nd post.

Gamerscore totals for the current and upcoming DLC sales :

Borderlands 2 :

Scarlett, Torgue, Hammerlock - 125 GS each

Dishonored :

Dunwall City Trials - 200 GS

Knife of Dunwall - 220 GS

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance :

Jetstream - 100 GS

Blade Wolf - 100 GS

Has anyone had luck buying forza at the 14.99 price this afternoon? I keep getting error but it still showing at 14.99

Nice new thread. Thanks for all your hard work Tyler. Also have u seen Metalocalypse also by Brendon Small. Its completely different than Home Movies but its great.
Anybody who play Hitman Absolution have any corrupted file save problems? I don't want to buy it if the problem still persists.
I've tried Metalocalpyse but I've never made it through more than a couple episodes. Maybe one day it will click with me, but so far no luck.

Alternatively, I do really enjoy Bob's Burgers by Loren Bouchard, I'm really happy that it has developed a decent following and Fox is giving it a chance.

Unrelated to those two, I've just finished watching the 2 seasons of Frisky Dingo. I may be needing to change my avatar to Killface or one of the Xtacles soon.

Haven't seen Crono-00 in a while, wonder what he's up to? Hope he didn't miss the sale.
Doesn't he usually post on the weekends?

I thought the xbla releases coming soon section of the second post had all of the games coming out this month on it? There's nothing there now, but I know Pacific Rim and REst in Peace Department come out this month.
I've never heard of either of those games, I'll look into them. I usually just copy down what Major Nelson announces for the next two weeks (and all that was was Capsized this time, which released today) and other big name releases that get coverage on websites like IGN and Joystiq.

Tyler, don't forget to add the prior topic to the list at the end of the 2nd post.
Totally would have forgot. It's there now. Thanks.

Trying to download Forza.

I keep getting a damn error so I did the "clear system cache" and deleted "microsoft system memory" or w/e

Anyone have a clue what's going on?

I bought Hitman at launch and never ran into a save problem.
I had heard about the problem. To be safe, I kept backing up my saves between a flash drive and the cloud.

I'll save you some time, here is this months xbox live releases:

Pacific Rim (July 12) 800 msp

R.I.P.D. - Rest in Peace Department (July 17) 800 msp

Zeno clash 2 (July 24)

Cloudberry Kingsom (July 31)

Thanks for creating this and all the past threads. Can't say thanks enough for all the deals and help you guys have provided here.

At the bottom of the page there is a spot that says "theme". Click that and change it to black theme
Back in black. Nice. Thanks for the tip.

Overall I picked up Walking Dead: 400 Days, Prey, Max Payne 3, WWE '13, and Mass Effect.

I hope next week's sales are bad so my hard drive can catch up on active downloads.

So I called Microsoft about Forza not being able to be purchased.

She informed me that they will not allow purchase anymore because the sale ended yesterday.  Then she went about adding 1600MSp to my account so I could buy it at full price tomorrow.

Whoop

So I called Microsoft about Forza not being able to be purchased.

She informed me that they will not allow purchase anymore because the sale ended yesterday. Then she went about adding 1600MSp to my account so I could buy it at full price tomorrow.

Whoop
I'm gonna try my luck

Zeno clash 2 (July 24)

ALERT ALERT : RIPD (REST IN PEACE DEPARTMENT) IS A MOVIE TIE IN. BUY AT YOUR OWN PERIL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoA38M4AH2Q

ALERT ALERT: PACIFIC RIM IS ALSO A MOVIE TIE IN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5guMumPFBag

This is kind of pathetic, half the games released are going to be shitty movie tie in's.  Good thing they had the sale this week because most people won't be buying anything else.

Pacific Rim actually looks to be a good game. It's made by the guys who made Real Steel, which is one of my favorite arcade games to just pick up and play. If you don't have to pay extra for customizing your robot, this looks like a pretty decent fighter.

RIPD will hopefully just be either a prequel third person shooter, or maybe it will be based on the comic series.

Cloudberry kingdom actually looks like a great platform we. Supposedly the game learns from how the player plays.

Side note: since we're getting a remake of Flashback, I wonder if they will awesome remake the sequel, Fade to Black? That's something I would love to play again.

Side note: since we're getting a remake of Flashback, I wonder if they will awesome remake the sequel, Fade to Black? That's something I would love to play again.
I would love a remake of Fade to Black. Side note to your side note: I had a "what happened to that guy?" moment so I googled Flashback / Fade to Black designer Paul Cuisset. It turns out that in between those two games, he made the CAG favorite Shaq-Fu, and most recently the abysmally received AMY. Bummer.

I am having the same issue. I've tried loading the game from my HDD and various USB sticks with no luck. Am currently going to attempt redownloading it now on my other 360, an old 20 gb fat model, to see if that changes anything, But I'm doubtful.

This seems to be a common problem with the games on demand version of this game after doing some researching for a fix. So far I've essentially paid $15 for major frustration and I can only imagine attempting to get a refund from MS would be much more of the same.
I'm also having the same problem, I really don't know what else I can do to fix it. Has anybody ran across a fix ?

Zeno clash 2 (July 24)

Can you provide sources for the bottom 3? I couldn't verify any of their release dates via Google.

It's not that I don't trust you, but release dates on XBLA games are very flaky (even Major Nelson gets them wrong, like he did with Zeno Clash last month) so I like to see a decently reputable outlet report dates before I add them to the OP.

I'm also having the same problem, I really don't know what else I can do to fix it. Has anybody ran across a fix ?
Sadly, no. I've looked around searching for a fix and its quite unsettling that there is still not a solid fix to this, as it seems to be a fairly common issue. Just a bunch of MS support on the Xbox forums giving people replies of trying the same things over and over. "Redownload, clear your cache" and other generic responses for the most part.

The support, in one of the more recent threads on the Xbox forums about this issue, did have a rather bizarre suggestion of deleting the game, then basically filling up the same amount of space the GoD takes up with any sort of content, then redownloading the game. This will be the last thing I'm going to try before just asking for a refund. This is just ridiculous and will likely be my last GoD purchase.

edit: I did find this on another site. Supposedly Xbox support replied with this to another person who contacted them via twitter "Thanks. We're currently looking into this issue and appreciate your patience while the matter is investigated."

Not sure if that means much of anything, but its something I suppose.. Here is the link to that:

http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=3708362&anchor=3708365

There may be a better place to ask this, but for those with experience, are there any DLCs for Borderlands 2 that aren't really designed for solo play?

I'm looking at both Torque and Captain Scarlet currently. (I'm probably adding the Mechromancer pack regardless.)

Can anyone recommend Metal Gear Rising Revengeance?  

Or should I wait for PC release

Ahhh so that's why the last day deals sucked, because they are holding them through the weekend. They hate having really low prices for more than one day LoL

Can anyone recommend Xcom: Enemy Unknown? O:
Only if you have a lot of time on your hands. It's a strategy RPG so it's slow and very involved. If you take breaks from it you're liable to lose track of some of the systems and things. My friend raved about it but stopped playing after a few days, when I asked him why he said he just didn't have time to invest since he wanted to play through some other games and play multiplayer stuff. When I tried it, it was just too painfully slow and the story didn't grab me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back