XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Xcom is phenomenal.

I played 14hours when I got it on PC but then started to move onto my backlog.  Ill go back to it when I have a chance.  Definitely worth it

Anything is worth $5. Basically good action game but only lasts like 4 hours I always hear. Some incentive to go back through but not a lot.
True.

Just trying to decide if I should save my 2880 MSP for some other time or not. I only have 8GB of space on my HDD so I can get 1 game -.-

I've tried Metalocalpyse but I've never made it through more than a couple episodes. Maybe one day it will click with me, but so far no luck.

Alternatively, I do really enjoy Bob's Burgers by Loren Bouchard, I'm really happy that it has developed a decent following and Fox is giving it a chance.

Unrelated to those two, I've just finished watching the 2 seasons of Frisky Dingo. I may be needing to change my avatar to Killface or one of the Xtacles soon.
You should check out archer. It's along the lines of frisky dingo and at least it's still airing (but nowhere near as good). Archer, frisky, and bob's burgers all have h. jon benjamin as the main voice actor so they tend to go together in my mind.

You should check out archer. It's along the lines of frisky dingo and at least it's still airing (but nowhere near as good). Archer, frisky, and bob's burgers all have h. jon benjamin as the main voice actor so they tend to go together in my mind.
Sorry to get so off topic here.

Yeah, I've seen Archer. It's good but gets too overboard at times. Also, Jon Benjamin isn't in Frisky Dingo I don't think.

Sorry to get so off topic here.

Yeah, I've seen Archer. It's good but gets too overboard at times. Also, Jon Benjamin isn't in Frisky Dingo I don't think.
Ah you are right, not sure why I thought that. Apparently xander crews is ray from archer though.

Back on topic: Woah, they are actually refunding people for the Forza Horizon problem? Color me surprised.

Ah you are right, not sure why I thought that. Apparently xander crews is ray from archer though.

Back on topic: Woah, they are actually refunding people for the Forza Horizon problem? Color me surprised.
Not refunding.

It says $15 on XBL so I tried getting it. Kept getting an error so I called and they said the sale ended yesterday and that's why they locked the game from being purchased. The lady said that she would give me 1600msp towards it being full price tomorrow.

Thoughts on Omega DLC? Reviews look pretty mediocre for it. Doesn't seem like its even worth 600 pts. Any other ME3 DLC thats good? (so I can look out for it on sale)

Re: Gedemer - I guess that makes more sense, still kind of crazy they gave you free points like that though.

I'm also on the fence for the ME3 dlc.  After wanting it for weeks I can't help but feel like it's still overpriced on sale when compared to the other games this week.  Not to mention that the other dlc wasn't discounted at all.  Almost makes me want to wait until it's all on sale, maybe that would give me some incentive to go back to that game...

What an amazing week in deals on the Xbox 360!  The previous thread was a great one, and looking forward this thread will be a banner thread for CAG.  At first everyone was pissed, then elated, then disappointed, these emotional experiences define the essence of this thread.  I can't wait to see more deals to begin on this new thread.  Thanks Tylerh, for starting off a new thread.  This is an exciting time to start a new thread, it's all about the discounts.

To kick off this new thread ... to kick off this thread, I'd like to share two images I will use over the next few months: Cat Playing Fruit Ninja (when Fruit Ninja Kinect is on discount again) and A Quarter (when Xbox Rewards recognizes your birthday).  Finally, speaking of posts, as we look forward to the next several months, you're going to see literally hundreds of new posts coming to this thread.  In the next 12 months alone, you are going to see such hits as Tuesday Morning for the inevitable question Mondays, "this is a horrible sale," and of course "dammit, how can I ignore Crono-00's text walls."  To the new thread, I am going to enjoy hundreds of posts expressing their opinions on helping me make purchases on my 360 and everyone's take from the discounts, a personal favorite activity of mine.

Rest assured I've read almost every post you guys made in the previous thread, and I look forward to more.  You've shared your vision on games I've agreed and disagreed with, on how those games are better on discount.  It's these experiences on content which makes reading CAG exciting.  Here's to a new journey through my daily readings.  Every thread is defined by the community, the posters, the readers, keeps this thread strong and always bumped to the top of the forums.  Now, I'd like to share another thanks to Tylerh for maintaining the OP.

PsiScream > grabbed a few DLC/games ... looking forward to Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC discounts ... my opinions have been expressed by others already, so no need for me to overwhelm the thread ... so I worked on my backlog some ...amazed you noticed ... I bow to you

uh, i don't understand?  what new thread smell?  All i can smell is... ass..  cheap ass to be exact.

Can anyone recommend Xcom: Enemy Unknown? O:
2 MP matches with the devs and Revision 3 Games and Giant Bomb's Quick Look at the single player:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvH2EH5nP4o

http://youtu.be/gnpIhPNFsmQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI8RYXgsqw0

Probably been mentioned already, but it appears "7/5 only - Hitman: Absolution $10" (in the thread title) is wrong. Major Nelson says "through the weekend until July 8th" - which, knowing Microsoft, means buy it well before July 8.

On the other hand, not sure how much I'm trusting Major Nelson these days, looking at his list of games:

• Gears Judgement
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengence
He seems to be phoning it in.

so uh... Fez is getting that update finally...

Yep, hope Dust AET gets one next (ran into similar roadblocks).

Side note, I finished it yesterday and was blown away from start to finish. I know the dev is a CAG as well, so if you happen to see this, I tip my hat to you sir, well done indeed :applause:

Yes.

And for those who are asking, XCOM is great at any price. Turn based strategy/SRPG that's addicting and challenging. All the praise is warranted, for sure.
XCOM is probably one of the best games out there that isn't just mindless fun. It requires thinking, and in a way it's kind of like Chess, except with aliens and soldiers with lazerguns. You don't even have to invest a lot of time to a xcom session. you can play the game for 5 or 10 minutes and get a lot done, wheras other games 5 minutes won't get you anywhere at all. But of course, you will definitely want to play more than just 5 minutes of XCOM at any given time. It's that good.

Re: Gedemer - I guess that makes more sense, still kind of crazy they gave you free points like that though.

I'm also on the fence for the ME3 dlc. After wanting it for weeks I can't help but feel like it's still overpriced on sale when compared to the other games this week. Not to mention that the other dlc wasn't discounted at all. Almost makes me want to wait until it's all on sale, maybe that would give me some incentive to go back to that game...
I take what I can get with ME3 DLC. ME2 had a bunch of sales, but the this one has gotten so few. Citadel probably won't even go on sale until Christmas.

Re: Gedemer - I guess that makes more sense, still kind of crazy they gave you free points like that though.

I'm also on the fence for the ME3 dlc. After wanting it for weeks I can't help but feel like it's still overpriced on sale when compared to the other games this week. Not to mention that the other dlc wasn't discounted at all. Almost makes me want to wait until it's all on sale, maybe that would give me some incentive to go back to that game...
From Ashes has only been on sale once, and while Leviathan has been on sale twice, one of those was a 1-day BF sale. Also Dragon Age 2 DLC has only been on sale once or twice, and just twice for Amalur.

If you want DLC for any of EA's single player RPG's, you buy it on sale no matter what because if you wait for another sale you're likely to wait another 6 months to 1 year.

For the people who bought Tomb Raider how active is the MP?
It's active. It may take a few minutes to get certain Ranked matches going, but it still is active. Casual matches are always quick to get games in, though. The biggest issue is that you really are weak against other players until you reach about Rank 10, and/or start to figure out the maps and where not to go or how to attack groups.

You can level up quickly depending on your skill, and that's when you'll unlock better weapons and abilities. When I first played it I didn't like it, but after 2 days I really enjoyed it.

Also, don't be nervous against some higher ranks. Many of them just boosted to get that high, and usually were no real threat in matches. Unfortunately, some players use exploits (you'll know it when you see it), so just avoid them if you get into cheap matches. As long as you watch your teammates and go for objectives the game should be fun.

As for free for all, just be as aggressive as you can. There isn't a lot of time in those matches before they end, so waiting isn't a good strategy.

Only if you have a lot of time on your hands. It's a strategy RPG so it's slow and very involved. If you take breaks from it you're liable to lose track of some of the systems and things. My friend raved about it but stopped playing after a few days, when I asked him why he said he just didn't have time to invest since he wanted to play through some other games and play multiplayer stuff. When I tried it, it was just too painfully slow and the story didn't grab me at all.
QFT and bolded for emphasis. It looks and sounds great (defending against an alien invasion?! What can go wrong?) but once gameplay started, it became a chore. The demo was so boring with a dragging tutorial that I had to stop playing. A strategy game like Plants vs. Zombies feels more rewarding in a shorter amount of time.

Thoughts on Omega DLC? Reviews look pretty mediocre for it. Doesn't seem like its even worth 600 pts. Any other ME3 DLC thats good? (so I can look out for it on sale)
It sucks. The selling points were Aria as a playable companion and
a female Turian
. Yay. Lots of combat missions, nothing very interesting in my opinion.

Leviathan was pretty good - I think it was on sale for 400 MSP a few times. It adds to the story quite a bit. From Ashes is almost essential for story, but you probably have it already. The Citadel is brilliant fan service and one of the most enjoyable DLC experiences I've had for any game. A bit pricey, but worth it to me.

Oh, and Tomb Raider multiplayer is beyond disappointing for the people asking.

Edit: not sure if what I wrote up there is a spoiler, so I put it behind tags just in case.

Had most of the games already that I was interested in, but did grab Monopoly Streets. Should be a relatively easy completion from what I've seen just in time for AHPM.

The only two that I have yet to buy and have any interest are Brothers in Arms and Far Cry: Instincts Predator. I know Far Cry classic is supposed to be releasing in the near future. My question is, between the two Far Crys, which one is supposedly better?

Haven't seen Crono-00 in a while, wonder what he's up to? Hope he didn't miss the sale.
He tends to only post once a week, that way, when he does post, we all get stuck with reading a novel of a post. :p

PsiScream > grabbed a few DLC/games ... looking forward to Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC discounts ... my opinions have been expressed by others already, so no need for me to overwhelm the thread ... so I worked on my backlog some ...
I'm glad you didn't miss the sale, as there were some good deals in there. I traded in a few I had on disk toward a PS4 (BL2, Xcom, FC3, ACIII, Forza Horizon) and also picked up some of the cheaper games as well. My thinking is that these are games I will enjoy going back to over the years (well, except maybe ACIII) so having them on GoD makes sense.

Looking forward to seeing the price on Dishonored, as that also ranked highly for me and I'd like to trade that disk in for a cheaper GoD copy. Also need to pick up the DLC for it.

My backlog is huge as well. Finishing up Bioshock 2 this weekend so I can play Infinite which I borrowed from a friend.

There may be a better place to ask this, but for those with experience, are there any DLCs for Borderlands 2 that aren't really designed for solo play?

I'm looking at both Torque and Captain Scarlet currently. (I'm probably adding the Mechromancer pack regardless.)
Any are fine for solo play but they both (all) have optional bosses that are designed for multiplayer co op. I usually play BL solo and never had an issue with the DLC except trying to take those raid style bosses solo.

Also Xcom is a great game. The guy on the last page comparing it to pvz was crazy. Thats like comparing chess to tic tac toe. Xcom is tough but very good. If youre looking for a brainless strategy game go elsewhere. You really have to be careful and slow in your approach or those aliens will chew you up and spit you out!

Yeah, they just gave him 1600 MSP towards his next purchase? That is insane! I had to battle tooth and nail with MS to give my 1100 MSP that they owed me when I bought something on their website for 240 MSP and was charged 1400 MSP for. Literally took me more than a week of contacting them before I finally found someone who would credit my account.

Is there any way to see what deals will be in the near future?
From the OP:

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP.

This is true about 95% of the time, the only time the OP is a little out of date is every other Tuesday when Major Nelson announces the sales and if xbldb catches some type of random price drop.

I know this is going to sound stupid, but do I have to be on the dashboard to download the games?  I tried playing single player on Fifa, but the games won't download.  So, I tried playing Borderlands 2 solo, and it still says download pending  :???: .  The only time it starts to download is when I'm on the dashboard.

Yeah, they just gave him 1600 MSP towards his next purchase? That is insane! I had to battle tooth and nail with MS to give my 1100 MSP that they owed me when I bought something on their website for 240 MSP and was charged 1400 MSP for. Literally took me more than a week of contacting them before I finally found someone who would credit my account.

From the OP:

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP.

This is true about 95% of the time, the only time the OP is a little out of date is every other Tuesday when Major Nelson announces the sales and if xbldb catches some type of random price drop.
Maybe she gave them because it was a holiday weekend and she was feeling generous -.-

I have never had luck with Microsoft until yesterday when she did that. Or maybe they are being highly generous to keep people on xbox instead of ps4

I know this is going to sound stupid, but do I have to be on the dashboard to download the games? I tried playing single player on Fifa, but the games won't download. So, I tried playing Borderlands 2 solo, and it still says download pending :???: . The only time it starts to download is when I'm on the dashboard.
Usually you have to be at the dashboard to download stuff. There's an option available in the system settings that also allows you to download games after you've turned the system off.

How do I disable notifications? The old thread didn't but every time I get back on here with the new thread I have a really large red number D: it makes it difficult to tell when I'm actually... yk... being talked to through quotes and such.

Does anyone know of a list of Xbox 360 games that come with Xbox Live Gold memberships?

I was thinking all Halo games had one, but when I opened up my copy of Halo 3: ODST.  There was none.  I did find one in my copy of Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged.

Figured I'd use all of my included codes before buying a membership.  I don't play online much, so silver has been good enough for me. The free games are nice to have/renew my membership.

Does anyone know of a list of Xbox 360 games that come with Xbox Live Gold memberships?

I was thinking all Halo games had one, but when I opened up my copy of Halo 3: ODST. There was none. I did find one in my copy of Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged.

Figured I'd use all of my included codes before buying a membership. I don't play online much, so silver has been good enough for me. The free games are nice to have/renew my membership.
I have a 14 day trial if you want...that's the only 1 I have left

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back