XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is going to sound stupid, but do I have to be on the dashboard to download the games? I tried playing single player on Fifa, but the games won't download. So, I tried playing Borderlands 2 solo, and it still says download pending :???: . The only time it starts to download is when I'm on the dashboard.
no, you don't. problem is, most games have some kind of online component running at all times. for borderlands you have to make sure you're set to system link. i think you hit the back button from the screen that shows your character for that. no idea on fifa. you can definitely download while playing games though. i downloaded borderlands and the witcher 2 while playing defense grid.

I know this is going to sound stupid, but do I have to be on the dashboard to download the games? I tried playing single player on Fifa, but the games won't download. So, I tried playing Borderlands 2 solo, and it still says download pending :???: . The only time it starts to download is when I'm on the dashboard.
No you can download games whenever. Sometimes downloads stop while you're playing a game as it reconnects to Xbox Live and that seems to muck-up the download for some reason. To resolve this just hit the Xbox Guide button on your controller (the big X in the middle) move the left thumbstick to the left so it highlights the Games & Apps tab, and then scroll down to Active Downloads. Press A. Then find the download you want to download and click A to resume or start the download.

In order to do this you must have a pending download or a download that has initiated. The ways to initiate a download is through Account Management and your Download/Purchase History or through the marketplace on both the xbox.com website and your actual console.

If you go to System Settings then Console Settings then Startup and Shutdown you can select Background Downloads on or off. If you switch that on anything you are downloading will continue while your console is off. You'll notice the little green light in the centre of your Xbox Ring on your console flashing once it is off. This indicates that background downloading is happening and it will stop once the download is complete.

Hope that helps.

Maybe she gave them because it was a holiday weekend and she was feeling generous -.-

I have never had luck with Microsoft until yesterday when she did that. Or maybe they are being highly generous to keep people on xbox instead of ps4
What do you think my chances would be if I tried? I missed the sale too because of the holiday, and I'm still seeing the sale price on the website, but the purchase screen reverts back to full price. Wouldn't mind getting some free points! :D

watch a video of hitman. and if you like stealth games at all youre golden, but if you dont you might reconsider.

xxxxhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7uYfhWNvrA

i was hesitant but after watching this review i got it...from the marketplace that shall not be named.
Not gonna lie I was hesitant about getting absolution but seeing the reviews from a different video I pulled the trigger on it yesterday and just even playing through the first - warmup level the gameplay is pretty sick! I do have $10 - 15 rule for games plus don't usually buy digital unless its steam but def. happy about adding this title to my xbox collection

What do you think my chances would be if I tried? I missed the sale too because of the holiday, and I'm still seeing the sale price on the website, but the purchase screen reverts back to full price. Wouldn't mind getting some free points! :D
My purchase screen still states 14.99

Couldn't hurt to call them and say what I did.

I just told them "I'm trying to purchase Forza Horizon on XBL Marketplace for $14.99. For some reason it keeps giving me an error. The error is 80153016. I tried everything online to correct the issue (clearing cache and deleting marketplace saved data)."

That's all I said and then the representative chatted for a bit about the holidays and what I was doing for the day. She did some research and saw that there was no "solution" to the problem only that it wasn't supposed to be 14.99 anymore. Then she gave me 1600msp in 400 increments due to the restriction on how much they can normally give out.

Don't know if I should get Perfect Dark, Prey or Bulletstorm. I would get bulletstorm but I don't know if the game gets repetitive or not. And how is Prey?

Don't know if I should get Perfect Dark, Prey or Bulletstorm. I would get bulletstorm but I don't know if the game gets repetitive or not. And how is Prey?
Prey is really fun and has some really cool mechanics, especially for how old it is. I played it about a year or so ago and it felt refreshing after having played all of the modern shooters, same with Bulletstorm. Prey has a lot of alien tech bio-weapons which look cool and it incorporates portals, anti-gravity/reversed gravity, spirit walking and you never technically die.

Bulletstorm only gets repetitive if you let it. There are a ton of different skill shots you can do in the game. It just depends on how creative you are. You can play through it like a standard fps only using skill shots when the story needs them, or you can go crazy and use everything to pull off a ton of different kills. A lot of the weapons also offer an alternate fire that is pretty cool and helps set it apart from some other shooters. Plus the dialogue is hilarious.

Just started Bulletstorm campaign and wow, the acting/characterization is atrocious. However, the game mechanics and mediocre graphics make it a decent game so far.

I'm not a fan of the bulky look in games even though I liked Gears of War 1. But that's just me being hypocritical.

I don't know if PD is worth it. Don't know about Prey.

I wish I had gotten Crysis 3 or Borderlands 2 when it was on sale. Maybe even Batman.

I heard Prey wasn't that good but others here said it was fun so I bought it for $3. Bulletstorm I've heard good things about for years now so I picked it up. I personally owned Perfect Dark back when it was fairly new and that game is terrible. Even if they gave it away for free it's not worth your time when you could be playing another game in your backlog.

Usually you have to be at the dashboard to download stuff. There's an option available in the system settings that also allows you to download games after you've turned the system off.
It depends on the game you are playing.

Fifa probably disables downloads because it likely has an active internet connection for the ticker and news feeds. It seems like any game that has an online connection disables/pauses downloads if it is doing any "work" online... even something extremely trivial. If you are playing a game that is "single player only" it should not interrupt downloads, and if it's a game that's split into single player campaign then it SHOULD be playable without interrupting your downloads... unless the developer is stupid.

thanks for the replies guys, I just went with bulletstorm after playing some of the demo again.

I wonder how successful these sales are, atleast for me it seems like all my friends have atleast bought something on the sale. I've bought 3 games now.

I'm likely going to pick up some dlc for Borderlands 2 before the sale ends.  Seems like the general consensus is that either Captain Scarlett or Torgue's dlc would be the way to go.  I've only occasionally played Borderlands 2 since I hit 50 and beat the game on True Vault Hunter mode (and farmed for some Legendary items), so some new material may breathe life back into the game for me.  Any BL2 vets offering dissenting opinions and recommending Hammerlock's dlc over the other two?

Have to remember to save some points for next month's Halo 4 dlc.  I can't resist being able to play The Pit again in multiplayer.

I could also use some input on the Borderlands DLC. I just got the game and I'm thinking I will probably pick up Torgue's from the reviews I read but I am wondering about all the other stuff. I think I will probably only play through the game once so my thought was to skip the extra characters but what about Creature Slaughterdome and Ultimate Vault Hunter.  Is Hammerlock or Captain Scarlett something that shouldn't be missed. I'm somewhat interested in Captain Scarlett cause it sounded like it had some good humor in it.

I could also use some input on the Borderlands DLC. I just got the game and I'm thinking I will probably pick up Torgue's from the reviews I read but I am wondering about all the other stuff. I think I will probably only play through the game once so my thought was to skip the extra characters but what about Creature Slaughterdome and Ultimate Vault Hunter. Is Hammerlock or Captain Scarlett something that shouldn't be missed. I'm somewhat interested in Captain Scarlett cause it sounded like it had some good humor in it.
Captain Scarlett has some funny parts, but I hated Hammerlock. I don't remember a single part that was funny and some of the achievements are annoying. The only DLC that is on the border of "shouldn't be missed" is the newest one that isn't on sale. All the other ones are easily forgettable.

Man, now that I'm finally home my active downloads are catching up!  I'm still thinking about Bulletstorm.  It looks fun but my backlog is so large already....

Man, now that I'm finally home my active downloads are catching up! I'm still thinking about Bulletstorm. It looks fun but my backlog is so large already....
Just get a physical copy. With the right sale you can easily get one for less than $6, plus you don't need the online pass since its f2p. Bulletstorm is at most a 6-7 hour ride.

I could also use some input on the Borderlands DLC. I just got the game and I'm thinking I will probably pick up Torgue's from the reviews I read but I am wondering about all the other stuff. I think I will probably only play through the game once so my thought was to skip the extra characters but what about Creature Slaughterdome and Ultimate Vault Hunter. Is Hammerlock or Captain Scarlett something that shouldn't be missed. I'm somewhat interested in Captain Scarlett cause it sounded like it had some good humor in it.
Captain Scarlett is definitely worthy it, and Hammerlock is only if you really like the game and want the achievements. The best hands down is Tiny Tina's Assualt on Dragon's Keep, which was the only one not on sale.

The creature slaughter dome is only if you like fighting waves of monsters.

And Ultimate Vault Hunter is good because it increases the level cap and allows you to access better gear if you decide to replay it. But the level cap increase is good because chances are you might reach the level cap with the main game and the DLC. Trust me, you don't want to be playing through new content and not be able to level up the entire time.

At level 50 I blew through creature slaughter dome in like 15 minutes by myself without any trouble, didn't feel wit was worth it, for what it's worth....

As far as DLC goes, I'd say my order is this:

Tiny Tina's Rainbow Land of Turmoil
The Badass Crater of Badassitude!!!

Scarlett's Pirate Whatever Thingy

Hammerlock's Crazy Adventure of Tedious Boredom

The level cap increase is also worth it.

I found Gaige (the Mecromancer) pretty cool, and haven't tried Krieg yet. He doesn't really appeal to my play style.

I didn't bother with the Slaughterdome.

Any BL2 vets offering dissenting opinions and recommending Hammerlock's dlc over the other two?
Torgue is the undisputed best of the ones on sale. Scarlet is ok, I was disappoionted when it was first released. Hammerlock is entirely skippable unless you're an over the top diehard BL fan like myself, and even then its tough to stomach.

For perspective, the original games underdome towers above hammerlock.

Thanks for all of the BL2 dlc feedback.  I may jump back in with the siren character I never finished playing (got to level 17 or so and had just met up with Tina for the first time) and go from there. I enjoyed my first playthrough with the commando (pre-level increase) but didn't enjoy it so much going back through True Vault Hunter.  I did farm for a bit and got an Infinity (corrosive at that) and a few other really good Legendary items once I hit the previous cap.  I just wonder if going back through it in UVHM would be too much of a chore.

Man Hammerlocks gets a lot of hate! I didn't think it was bad at all. Except the color in some areas was weirdly washed out.

The main bad guy in it was funny as hell I thought. The other positive is that most of the enemies in hammerlock are brand new and not primarily reskinned bandits like most of the pirates seemed to be. I would still rank it third but I don't hate it like everyone else seems to.

Plus it also has an expoitable treasure room at the end like scarletts.

Also the creature slaughter dome is stupid, dont waste your points or time. The bandit and hyperion slaughter domes in the vanilla game are good enough.

Gears of War Judgement looks like a good price, unless I'm wrong?
It is just the game gets lots of hate, so people base what they think it is worth upon that. The price will just keep going down for retail copies however, so unless you want a digital copy, wait for those.

For those still on the fence about the BL2 DLC - 

"The Steam Database — which is almost never wrong — has been mined to reveal the existence of a GOTY edition of Borderlands 2. Much as the first game released a GOTY edition with all its DLC included, this one appears to include the same — the list of DLC shows Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep, the Psycho Pack, the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack, Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt, the Mechromancer Pack, Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage, the Creature Slaughterdome, and Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty. None of this is officially confirmed from Gearbox so we can’t give you a price or a release date yet, but it might be worth holding off on any purchases you were thinking of making as an announcement can’t be far off." http://games.on.net/2013/07/borderlands-2-goty-edition-appears-on-steam-database/

Gears of War Judgement looks like a good price, unless I'm wrong?

It is just the game gets lots of hate, so people base what they think it is worth upon that. The price will just keep going down for retail copies however, so unless you want a digital copy, wait for those.
What Van said 1000x. Gears 3 went down in price pretty quickly. The msrp for Judgement is $40 currently, so Im sure within the next month or two, it'll be $20(by a sale). Even at that price I would still have to think about it though.

I guess it hasn't made the transition yet, but just thought I would mention that adding in the impressions section again in the third post would probably be rather helpful right now with every other person asking about the Borderlands 2 DLC and getting virtually the same response. Just a suggestion :)

I've been debating on getting the dlc for bl2, only one i ever bought was mechromancer. The thing is i rarely play bl2 so i think im gonna pass on the dlc, and if its true about the goty ed then probably better to just wait.

So, I was planning on getting WWE '13, since the latest four wrestling games that I own are WrestleMania XIX for Gamecube, Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for PS2, Action Arcade Wrestling (an Xbox Live Indie Game), and WWE All Stars (which I found immensely enjoyable even though it's not exactly a true wrestling game).  I figured that it's about time I own a modern, big-budget, simulation-style wrestling game.  But then I start reading about all these bad things about WWE '13, like how it's extremely glitchy and has bad AI.  So, I'm having second thoughts.

Now I'm thinking about getting Hitman: Absolution instead.  The game wasn't even on my radar before, but after watching some reviews for it, it looks pretty good.  Seems similar to Splinter Cell: Conviction, which I really enjoyed.

Thoughts?

Absolution sounds fun but I bought the Hitman trilogy not too long ago and have barely made it through a 1/3 of Blood Money, so I feel I wont get my money's worth out of it.

So, I was planning on getting WWE '13, since the latest four wrestling games that I own are WrestleMania XIX for Gamecube, Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for PS2, Action Arcade Wrestling (an Xbox Live Indie Game), and WWE All Stars (which I found immensely enjoyable even though it's not exactly a true wrestling game). I figured that it's about time I own a modern, big-budget, simulation-style wrestling game. But then I start reading about all these bad things about WWE '13, like how it's extremely glitchy and has bad AI. So, I'm having second thoughts.

Now I'm thinking about getting Hitman: Absolution instead. The game wasn't even on my radar before, but after watching some reviews for it, it looks pretty good. Seems similar to Splinter Cell: Conviction, which I really enjoyed.

Thoughts?
Ah, yes. I follow wrestling games rather closely. WWE '12 is one of the worst wrestling games in existance. WWE '13 has bugs, but none are too overbearing, as the gameplay is much more polished and the story mode is rather awesome. If you would like, you can check out my own review here. Hope it helps! (BTW, at the price, WWE 13 is a steal!)

Bought the following...

Borderlands 2 - 800MSP

Hitman Absolution - 800MSP

The Orange Box - 400MSP

Divinity II - 400MSP

Mass Effect - 400MSP

Dragon Age - 400MSP

C&C Red Alert 3 - 400MSP

Crysis - 400MSP

So in all 4000MSP spent, $50 in real money. But I also sold off my hard copy of Divinity II for $22, so ultimately got a lot of gaming for around $30. Also probably gonna sell my Mass Effect Trilogy since I now have GoD ME1 and I have a spare discs only of ME2. Still have 140MSP left over on my account and would like to grab Prey, if anyone has a 100MSP code from Bing they could sell me please PM me.

Ah, yes. I follow wrestling games rather closely. WWE '12 is one of the worst wrestling games in existance. WWE '13 has bugs, but none are too overbearing, as the gameplay is much more polished and the story mode is rather awesome. If you would like, you can check out my own review here. Hope it helps! (BTW, at the price, WWE 13 is a steal!)
Thanks for the input. There just seems to be such wildly varying opinions on this game that I'm not sure what to think. For example, there's your glowing review of it, and then there's this review, which explains why WWE '13 is "one of the worst games in recent memory." Seeing reviews that are such polar opposites of each other, along with many that are somewhere in between, makes me unsure of what to do.

It also doesn't help that I've never even played any of the other games from this series (the SmackDown! series), since I don't really even know exactly what to expect from the core gameplay. Technically, I did rent the original SmackDown! game for the PSone back in the day and thought that it was pretty crappy, but that can hardly be used to judge how much I would enjoy a game released twelve years and two generations later.

Well picked up Far Cry 3, the Orange Box, L4D2, and Hitman. Pretty great sale, its the most I've ever bought and I'm down to 40MSP.

Still not sure about Omega. Everybody says its terrible and since its so far in the storyline I'm going to pass until it either drops lower, or I eventually get to it. I can't believe that Lair of the Shadow Broker was 200MSP back in 12-26-2010 and it hasn't been on sale since 08-02-2011. Come on EA!!

dark theme is already here, scroll down to the bottom and select "change theme"
Hate your avatar and sig, love your fantastic advice. This just made my night.

Did I mention I hate your avatar? Jesus Christ that movie scared the crap out of me when I was 13, and I still can't watch it today.

Edit: Now what the hell happened to the shaq-fus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back