XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here. Not in beta, they charge 804MSP instead of 800MSP...this sucks.

I'm not in beta and it still doesn't show my MS pts. Strange thing is, my MS pts showed up as an option in the avatar store but not when buying ga

am I going insane? went to go get Peace Walker HD for 800 and its at 804

is Microsoft suddenly applying tax to purchases done via points? in the US, for the record.
z2IaJ0b.png

On my dash this morning there was a tile that said something like "conversion to currency". Clicking on it did nothing as far as I can tell. I am not in the Beta. Isn't the new update coming out tomorrow though?

Since everyone is on the topic of Indies, I realized that I can't use my $1 or microsoft credit toward a more expensive purchase, so I guess I'll get an indie game. Which one should I get?

Dead Pixels
Cthulhu Saves the World
Breathe of Death VII
I like Breath of Death better but most tend to like Cthulhu better. Both made by same guy.

I know it's been posted before, but the 360 versions of SH/ZotE HD Collections are shit, like Bayonetta on PS3 shit. Konami even had a buy back program on Silent Hill HD b/c they wouldn't pay MS for the patch. Buyer beware.

I know it's been posted before, but the 360 versions of SH/ZotE HD Collections are shit, like Bayonetta on PS3 shit. Konami even had a buy back program on Silent Hill HD b/c they wouldn't pay MS for the patch. Buyer beware.
This is the best way to experience mecha action that no other game can offer like Z.O.E. But if you just want to catch up on the series, High Voltage Software did an amazing job bringing these cult classics up to speed on the Xbox 360. Be warned, however, that the PlayStation 3 version (which we did not play for review) is well-documented to have a significantly lower performance.
Then what was this about?

I think it was the PS3 version that was f%@ed on the ZOE collection.

On Silent Hill i'm pretty sure both versions were awful. But the PS3 got a patch whereas the 360 did not, and will not, get a patch.
Same thing happened with ZOE HD - PS3 eventually got a patch (only for the second game though) that Xbox did not get.

Then what was this about?
PS3 version of ZOE got a patch that significantly improved the game. Similar to Silent Hill, on release the 360 version was a good amount better than the PS3 version for ZOE, but since the patches now the PS3 version is the better version of the game.

Sooooo

Flashback is supposed to be horrible. Never played the original. Looks like this Summer of Arcade is a bust for me.
That's too bad, but it when I found out a while ago that it was by the creators of Amy I knew there was a problem. I have fond memories of the original, mostly due to the unique art style and animations, it was pretty hard and I doubt i even made it halfway through the game. Def. don't have the patience for it nowadays.

I'm confused. Is Zone of the Enders not worth getting on the 360?

Is there any problem with the 360 version of Peacewalker?
If you have access to a PS3 then no it's much better to have the PS3 version with the recent patches. Do a search to find the websites that have done comparison tests.

The MGS Collection is the one Konami collection they didn't F UP so yeah it's fine to get that as long as you're not pissed you have to buy MGS 2/3 and Peace Walker as seperate downloads.

I just read into it a bit, and apparantly the patch on the PS3 version completely revamped the game. Went from 720p native - to 1080p native, fixed the aliasing, depth of field, and a whole bunch of other things. (both versions were 720p before, but the PS3 version didn't even have good framerates at 720p - now it's 1080p and 60fps).

I want to know what the hell the original developers/porters were smoking if these new people were able to get that type of performance bump out of a freaking PATCH. That's really pathetic, and a shame it's not on the disc. They should almost just go ahead and re-issue the PS3 version so the "real" copy is on the disc. :whistle2:?

Anyway it's not that the 360 version "isn't worth it", however it does sound like the patch made the PS3 version the one to get.

That sucks that Flashback is not good, the original was so awesome back in the 90s.

360 lacks touch-sensitive buttons, which MGS 2 & 3, and possibly Peacewalker made use of.

Due to the fact that there is no touch sensitive feature on the XBox 360 version of the HD Collection, you have to click your analog sticks to lower weapons. On the Playstation 3 version of the collection, you simply just slowly let go of the button you are using. Even CQC is much harder on the 360 version. I am not sure how this is all going to work on the VITA, but one would think that the touch pad and touch screen will come into play.

On my dash this morning there was a tile that said something like "conversion to currency". Clicking on it did nothing as far as I can tell. I am not in the Beta. Isn't the new update coming out tomorrow though?
Its coming out today? Where did you see this. Damn i don't know if i should use my codes now to avoid tax and jam everything in there hoping something i want goes on sale or wait and pay tax. Currently have 6770 MSP and 2400 in unused codes.

A friend of mine talked about this on Twitter but in the MS press release about the switch to real currency that MS would start charging tax on digital purchases, regardless of local state laws.
Well, I tried out to see other Konami titles like MGS 2/3 and Ototmedius Excellent have that, doesn't seem to be affected, just those 2(MGS:pW and RR:XX), and maybe others.

How is "Silent Hill: Downpour"?  Seems like "Users" give it higher review scores than those game sites(ign, gamspot, etc..)... I am a bit confused.

So I finally got around to checking out the Ascend beta, and it's surprisingly good.  I played for about an hour and a half and enjoyed my time with it.  I think I'm done for now though, I'll wait for the full game to come out before I dig any further into it.

Well, I tried out to see other Konami titles like MGS 2/3 and Ototmedius Excellent have that, doesn't seem to be affected, just those 2(MGS:pW and RR:XX), and maybe others.
The Silent Hill: HD Collection also has it. It's 1608. I really hope it gets fixed as I want RR:XX. I don't want to have to buy more points just cause I'm short 4 lousy MS points.

A friend of mine talked about this on Twitter but in the MS press release about the switch to real currency that MS would start charging tax on digital purchases, regardless of local state laws.
They specifically said though that it wouldn't apply to points that we already have which they convert. So it shouldn't be showing up like this either way. Honestly though, they're more than likely going to screw this up. We may need to wait on buying stuff until they get their ducks in a row after the initial changeover.

Forza Motorsport 3 price drops:
Community Choice Classics Pack, World Class Pack, Summer Velocity Pack, Nurbrugring Track Pack, Hot Holidays Pack, and Autoweek Pack dropped from $5 to $2 each.

Road & Track Pack, Exotic Pack, Sidewinder Proving Grounds, Motorsport Legends Pack, Jalopnik Pack, and Benchmark High Speed Ring dropped from $5 to $1 each.

VIP dropped from $10 to $1

The Avatar Item Audi R8 RC Car dropped from $4 to $2.

I have the Ultimate Collection and I think the only DLC not included is the VIP and Community Pack.

That's too bad, but it when I found out a while ago that it was by the creators of Amy I knew there was a problem. I have fond memories of the original...
Their last game (Amy) really leaves this as no surprise.
I don't know how many people worked on Flashback 2013, but at least 6 of them were responsible for the original Flashback.

The developer of Amy and Flashback 2013 is VectorCell. VectorCell is run by Paul Cuisset, the original Flashback team lead, who directed the remake. Five members from the original 1992 Delphine Software Flashback team joined him.

They specifically said though that it wouldn't apply to points that we already have which they convert. So it shouldn't be showing up like this either way. Honestly though, they're are more than likely going to screw this up. We may need to wait on buying stuff until they get their ducks in a row after the initial changeover.
This is a very good point. Counting on MS to get all this conversion stuff to work out exactly right is giving them too much credit. I anticipate quite a few issues popping up with the conversion.

just got an email from xbox live rewards. Apparently I earned 170 MSP ( I don't know how, since I stopped caring about the rewards program around April/May and haven't spent msp since the MS store 1200 msp thing and that was in mid May) and they were going to be deposited, but since I was in the beta they couldn't do it. So, MS was nice enough to give me codes for 160 MSP and 80 MSP instead. Really nice of them, and for the rest of you guys in the beta maybe something to look out for. Sorry if this was already brought up/discussed.

^I just received the Xbox Rewards email too! Last month I had 100 MSP pending so I'm not sure where that extra 70 MSP came from, but I'm not complaining. Odd that we had the same amount. I'm sure 80 MSP is the minimum so they had to round up to account for that extra 10 beyond the 160 and that's why we got the 160 + 80 MSP codes. That's basically a dollar bonus lol. It also says these specific codes expire on 12/31/2013 so don't wait to redeem them!

With that it looks like I'm buying those DR2 costume/skills packs to aid in my zombie slaying quest.

just got an email from xbox live rewards. Apparently I earned 170 MSP ( I don't know how, since I stopped caring about the rewards program around April/May and haven't spent msp since the MS store 1200 msp thing and that was in mid May) and they were going to be deposited, but since I was in the beta they couldn't do it. So, MS was nice enough to give me codes for 160 MSP and 80 MSP instead. Really nice of them, and for the rest of you guys in the beta maybe something to look out for. Sorry if this was already brought up/discussed.
Thanks for the heads up. I just got an email too. I had 220MSP pending and ended up with the same amount though.

Edit: Apparently they expire at the end of the year. That sucks. I also hate that you can't use the money in your MS account to pay for something if it exceeds the amount in the account. I should be able to pay $3 toward something then pay the rest with my credit card.

I don't think I like State of Decay.  I don't really know exactly what I'm doing, and I don't feel the map and mission structure in the menus is very useful.

2 questions?  One, how do I get weapons?  I am packed to the gills with pills and all this other shit, but I have 1 gun with very little ammo and I don't think I've had a melee weapon since the ones my characters started with.

Two, how the fuck do I rest?  I only have 2 playable characters (a black guy and a chick) and one of them is dead, mainly because of the problem in question 1, no fuck ing weapons.  The other one's stamina is cut in half but I have no clue how to get that back up.

I don't think I like State of Decay. I don't really know exactly what I'm doing, and I don't feel the map and mission structure in the menus is very useful.

2 questions? One, how do I get weapons? I am packed to the gills with pills and all this other shit, but I have 1 gun with very little ammo and I don't think I've had a melee weapon since the ones my characters started with.

Two, how the fuck do I rest? I only have 2 playable characters (a black guy and a chick) and one of them is dead, mainly because of the problem in question 1, no fuck ing weapons. The other one's stamina is cut in half but I have no clue how to get that back up.
You need to search more houses for weapons and you need to advance the story.so you can get more playable characters.

Once a character is tired you just switch to another and let the other rest.

I don't think I like State of Decay. I don't really know exactly what I'm doing, and I don't feel the map and mission structure in the menus is very useful.

2 questions? One, how do I get weapons? I am packed to the gills with pills and all this other shit, but I have 1 gun with very little ammo and I don't think I've had a melee weapon since the ones my characters started with.

Two, how the fuck do I rest? I only have 2 playable characters (a black guy and a chick) and one of them is dead, mainly because of the problem in question 1, no fuck ing weapons. The other one's stamina is cut in half but I have no clue how to get that back up.
look for items like coffee and adrenaline to up your stamina levels. you will find tons of melee weapons, just keep searching things. you will also get plenty of survivors quite quickly so this is a temporary problem.

very important, loot the campsites near the church in the woods. there you will find a few large backpacks, which allow you to carry quite a few more things than the small ones you start out with. very helpful.

So I can find melee weapons just from searching random objects in houses/campsites/cabins/etc?  I literally have not found one in about an hour of play.

And do I meet more playable characters as the game goes on?  Or do my non-playable characters just become playable eventually?  Is there any way to speed that up?  Like I said, my chick is almost dead and I can't switch out from her.  Maybe I should just start over...

Sorry if this has been posted, but what's with the free Workaholics season 1 thing on Xbox Video/Zune? I don't see anything free.

Edit: nevermind I found it online. They're giving away Season 1 download in HD and SD. I couldn't find it on the console even though they have an ad on the dash for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back