XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
How is the Zone of the Enders HD Collection thinking on getting that.
I played the first 30 mins of the first game a couple of nights ago and I thought it was decent, that said I never played the PS2 version so I don't notice any of the issues.

Plus as I got in on the MS Store points debacle the game only cost me $5.30 so bear that in mind to.

So I can find melee weapons just from searching random objects in houses/campsites/cabins/etc? I literally have not found one in about an hour of play.

And do I meet more playable characters as the game goes on? Or do my non-playable characters just become playable eventually? Is there any way to speed that up? Like I said, my chick is almost dead and I can't switch out from her. Maybe I should just start over...
As you do missions for people, you upgrade the relationship and once you're friends, they're playable characters. You should be at the first base within an hour, unless you spent a lot of time in the woods, so there should be plenty of people to work with to make them playable.

I never had problems getting melee weapons. I found a few in the surrounding woods at the beginning and around houses in the first neighborhood that you find.

I finally found a few melee weapons at a construction site, which has in turn made everything easier, and I've been able to make a couple more friends as well.  But man, I was in a melee drought for a while.

So while looking through the "Discs with XBL DLC" list on the first page of this thread, I noticed a few items that are missing from it. If the OP or a mod could add them, that'd be great.

GOTY Eds. with all DLC:

- Batman Arkham City (2nd disc install)
- Dead Island (all on one disc)
- Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Ed. (2nd disc install)
- Mortal Kombat Komplete Ed. (all on one disc)

Other:

- Borderlands 2 Add-On Pack (Pirate's Booty, Torgue, Creature Slaughterdome, Mechromancer)

- Mass Effect Platinum Hits (Bring Down the Sky via 2nd disc install)

So while looking through the "Discs with XBL DLC" list on the first page of this thread, I noticed a few items that are missing from it. If the OP or a mod could add them, that'd be great.

GOTY Eds. with all DLC:

Other:

- Borderlands 2 Add-On Pack (Pirate's Booty, Torgue, Creature Slaughterdome, Mechromancer)

There's also this thread solely for that

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/index.php?showtopic=290765

GOTY Eds. with all DLC:

Other:

I'll add them, but I'm going to be out of town for most of the weekend so probably not til Monday. If you could PM me this list that would be awesome, so I don't forget to do it.

How is the Zone of the Enders HD Collection thinking on getting that.
The collection has some technical issues. It's nothing that makes the games unplayable by any means. The PS3 version was recently patched, but AFAIK the 360 hasn't been.

Should I put the free Workaholics thing in the OP?

I think it goes for today only. Technically it is an XBL Deal, but it's not a video game deal.

Anyway, here's the link for free season 1 of Workaholics. Check it out if you've never seen it before, it's pretty tight butthole.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/TVShow/Workaholics/Season/1/1e31ba5a-f6ff-4d63-8eed-9c1461b87ac8
Thanks for the link, I knew that it wasn't going to be available for my region, but had to try anyways (and no, it's not available).

So with the conversion to real currency looming upon us, is there any reason not to redeem your MSP codes before then? Here's how I see it so far:

Pros:

- You'll get taxed on purchases made with codes redeemed after the conversion.

Cons:

- Currency at the time of conversion expires June 1, 2015 (May or may not be an issue, depending on how many points you have and how often you buy things)

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/microsoft-points-retire-faq
I still have my doubts that the expiration date is legal, at least in other countries like Canada it isn't. Isn't there a Cheap Ass Lawyer among us who can shed some light on this issue. I don't care if it's only 20 MSP that go to waste. MS shouldn't be allowed to steal from you just because their ToS say so.

Finally MS has sent us Beta users something, but it's only an avatar item. While it's no Halo Reach, I'll take it. Be on the lookout for a message from Xbox Live on your console.

Does anyone know why some new DLC isn't showing up on the "New Releases" page of add-ons? I noticed the NCAA Football '14 DLC was never displayed there.

This has probably been answered already, but I just noticed that Case West was on sale. Anyone recommend Case West? I bought Case Zero the day it came out and really enjoyed it. Will I like this one as well? 

This has probably been answered already, but I just noticed that Case West was on sale. Anyone recommend Case West? I bought Case Zero the day it came out and really enjoyed it. Will I like this one as well?
If you have a coop partner I recommend to get it because it is really fun.It's also the perfect amount of length its like 5 or 6 hours? maybe.I got bored of Dead Rising 1 and 2 because it would drag on for too long.

Heads up

Payday 2 is on GoD for $35, it's retail msrp is $40. Very close GoD release to retail release, the gap is finally closing! My hopes for GTA 5 day one GoD aren't so crazy!

**Lets not start the argument again on "why would anyone want full priced GoD?!" Everyone has different financial situations, and what a game is "worth" is completely subjective.

My hopes for GTA 5 day one GoD aren't so crazy!
Um. This is old news as it was confirmed a few days ago that a digital version of GTA V is going to be released day 1 on PS3. Not sure about Xbox 360. Seeing that Microsoft has a lengthier process you might have to wait a week or two more is my guess. But who knows. Supposedly EU PS users can preload the game for download and it looks like it will be 18gb, though that hasn't been entirely confirmed yet. But just a good idea of what to expect. Just be aware that download queues are likely going to be a mess on Day 1. Sony has given a warning as such. Microsoft might have the same issues.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2013/08/23/gta-v-digital-version-with-download-warning/

Ps3 has been getting day one digital releases for a long time, Xbox never has so I don't see how this is "old news." MS has historically not released digital at the Same time as retail, but has been closing that window recently, with 1 week being the shortest the gap has ever been (I think someone mentioned a sports game coming out same day GoD).
Good point about the servers being jammed up that day, most likely will happen with Xbox too. Probably most won't be able to play till the following day

MS has stated that the XB1 will have day one digital release on all retail titles, though I'm sure there will be some exceptions here and there. The 360 is behind in that and probably will be for awhile. What I'd like to see is every single non-sports game eventually hit games on demand, except the obvious ones with licensing issues like Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Also nice to see games like PayDay 2 get released and with a $5 discount. I will definitely go more digital in the future if games have a $5 discount saving me time and gas on top of that, seeing as how games can be played once they start downloading. 

Ps3 has been getting day one digital releases for a long time, Xbox never has so I don't see how this is "old news."
Sorry. I meant old news as Sony announced Day 1 digital releases back in Sept with Resident Evil 6. But it does seem like more and more GoD are getting early digital releases. Highly doubt a Day 1 for GTA V as Sony seems to be partnering with Rockstar on that front for their own promotion, even aligning for a console bundle, possibly making up for LA Noire not being a PS3 exclusive in the end. And of course Rockstar is working on Agent for Sony so they do seem to have unique ties (though GTA IV did have DLC exclusivity on XBL for a bit if i recall correctly). But I'm sure a GoD for GTA V will arrive within a month of its retail release especially with what Rockstar is planning with making GTA Online a persistent MMO-like experience as a digital release would make sense on that front.

Just another note. Beware of using foreign marketplaces for downloading GTA V if and when it does go GoD. Rockstar has already noted that the main game will be region free but the DLC will not and will require a retail copy from the same region. Not sure if this will just be a problem with retail copies but suffice to say it could cause issues for those who do like buying content from other countries.

Microsoft Points just disapeared from xbox.com and you can't even buy stuff with them. Is this the currency system kicking in?

Edit: Arcade Games are now priced in currency so I guess this is it. Farewell Microsoft Points :(

Just another note. Beware of using foreign marketplaces for downloading GTA V if and when it does go GoD. Rockstar has already noted that the main game will be region free but the DLC will not and will require a retail copy from the same region. Not sure if this will just be a problem with retail copies but suffice to say it could cause issues for those who do like buying content from other countries.
The warning is about dlc's for ps3.

http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/25158763-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Supported-Languages-and-Region-Lock-Information

Microsoft Points just dissapeard from xbox.com and you can't even buy stuff with them. Is this the currency system kicking in?

Edit: Arcade Games are now priced in currency so I guess this is it. Farewell Microsoft Points :(
Seems like. Man, i will miss them. :(

Hmm.. I have 5000 msp, can't buy anything unless I use a credit card. Kinda want those DR2 skill packs. Wtf?
As we were saying, they are probably going to screw this up and have errors for a bit. Hopefully the extended beta reduces it, but unrolling something like this is gonna be a bit glitchy.

1420 MSP = 17,28€ I want my MSP back...

especially if Games are like 9,49€ what was wrong with even numbers? (400, 800, 1200)

(including VAT of course *sigh*)

I also dislike, that my current amount can be used until 1st June 2015 and every NEW MSP card I add will only be valid for a year after redeeming

Hmm.. I have 5000 msp, can't buy anything unless I use a credit card. Kinda want those DR2 skill packs. Wtf?
You have to sign in to your console and visit the store until you get the message about your points being retired. After that your balance will show up on the web page and you can buy things with your Microsoft account balance.

FWIW, I got about a quarter more in Microsoft money than I had in points after the conversion.

As far as expiration dates go, my "promotional" dollars expire on June 30, 2014, everything else on June 1, 2015. I then added a 400 point card I got from Bing, that was converted to an even $5 and will expire one year from today.

So 100MSP is 1.25$ from now on? My exchange ratio has been 100MSP for exactly 1,20€, so Europe shall be losing as always plus an extra 4% for the effort...

I have 10,190 points.  Cant even see them when i sign in through xbox.com, but they are there on the billing history.  Still cant see what theyve been converted to.

Ugh! I was really hoping this day wouldn't come so soon.

So I had 50 MSPs in my account. How do I know how much I have now? It doesn't show up where the MSPs used to be displayed on xbox.com. Going to buy an item doesn't show anything either.

I am holding off on redeeming MSPs until a few guinea pigs do so first.

Ugh! I was really hoping this day wouldn't come so soon.

So I had 50 MSPs in my account. How do I know how much I have now? It doesn't show up where the MSPs used to be displayed on xbox.com. Going to buy an item doesn't show anything either.

I am holding off on redeeming MSPs until a few guinea pigs do so first.
reading the thread it seems you have to first log on and/or update your 360 before the currency change will take effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back