XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Vigilante 8 and Aces of the Galaxy are at 400 points.[/QUOTE]

Are these part of January's permanent discounts?

No NBA JAM? Figures, that's EA for ya. lol I guess it sold or sells well enough. Is On Fire Edition the best version even if I don't care about controlling my AI partner?

Very happy

DS2: Severed on sale. Just finished the game yesterday. I was going to buy it no matter what the price was today.

Thanks Op, super work as always. Just a heads up, the Legacy Dragon Age DLC is from #2. Witch Hunt DLC is from Dragon Age 1.

Picked up Legacy for DA2 and Severed from DS2. Already owned the rest, and I have to play the Burnout XBLA demo before buying.

And the best thread on CAG keeps on going, ReddJoey hope you have a pleasant 2012 and keep the early knowledge on deals coming! Thanks bro

[quote name='kidrocklive']Any opinions on the Dead Space 2 DLC?[/QUOTE]

It takes less than hour to finish it. Stay away. :p

Wow I was really hoping for NBA Jam. I just recently bought the stand alone game, but traded it in with hopes the updated On Fire Edition was going to be part of the EA sale. Must resist buying the arcade game at full price.

Thanks reddjoey for keeping up with the sales and making a fresh start for the first sale of 2012.

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']No NBA JAM? Figures, that's EA for ya. lol I guess it sold or sells well enough. Is On Fire Edition the best version even if I don't care about controlling my AI partner?[/QUOTE]

Well, depends on how much you care about updated teams and content and how cheap you can get the disc version. At 1200 points, this is only $15. Could you get the disc for say, $7.50? Then it might be worth it instead of On Fire. But my guess is that online has a lot more going on with the On Fire edition (it's consistently in the XBLA top 20) and other stuff has been refined. For the most part, On Fire has everything the disc version has plus some. Honestly, even at $15, this is probably a good deal if you like the gameplay.

Finally the other NFS DLC dropped and some pretty good Xbla games. Plus I'm about to start dead space 2. Would like the bulletstorm DLC since I missed out when it went on sell earlier in the year. Not a bad set of deals IMO.

[quote name='kidrocklive']eww[/QUOTE]

It's more of the same without any new enemies. I guess if you enjoyed the main game - you will like it. But man, it's ridiculously short. :(

I am so happy to see burnout on sale. Consider that purchased!

Can anyone recommend Dead Space content (edit: Just read prior page-takes less than an hour to play)? I haven't finished the game yet (it has been months). Also wondering if I should finally pick up Gatling Gears for 400, the trial didn't excite me too much.

I already have purchased most of the other titles from prior sales (shank, risk, etc.) Shank is fun-but the highest difficulty is a beeotch.

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']No NBA JAM? Figures, that's EA for ya. lol I guess it sold or sells well enough. Is On Fire Edition the best version even if I don't care about controlling my AI partner?[/QUOTE]

It was the #1 selling game on PSN a couple months back and is still pretty high on their monthly lists. I got a feeling it might not drop for a while.

[quote name='MfMonster']Also wondering if I should finally pick up Gatling Gears for 400, the trial didn't excite me too much.[/QUOTE]

Go for it man. It's a beautiful and solid game with a lot of content. ;)

So what are the chance DA2 gets an ultimate edition. I bought all the DlC for DAO but ended up trading my DOA and Awakening for the Ultimate edition before I even played it. Not sure there is enough content for DA2 and it wont get a ultimate like ME2. I would hate to waste points again.

2 Things ReddJoey -

1) I don't think Aces of the Galaxy is part of the EA sale. I don't believe it's published by EA and it's not on the special sales links that you posted in the OP. More than likely it's a January price drop.

2) On here the thread title reads:

":360: LIVE DotW & Sales 2012|1/3 DC DLC (DotW) EA Games (All)|More"

but on the front pages of the deals forum it reads:

"LIVE DotW & Sales 2012|1/3 DC DLC (DotW) EA Games (All)|More"

because the front page of the deals forum doesn't show any icons in the titles of the threads (for me anyway). Just a suggestion that you might want to get rid of the :360: and just type out XBOX.

Hope that made sense, let me know if it didnt.

I'll also endorse Gatling Gears. For $5, if you have any interest in dual stick shooters, you can't go wrong. Lots of fun levels, upgrades, good graphics, and nice environments.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Some good stuff from the EA sale. EVERYONE, go buy DEATHSPANK![/QUOTE]

+1 x infinity

Love Deathspank. Easily one of my favorite XBLA titles. Seriously people. If you find the demo at all funny get the game! It's very humorous.

I paid $10 for Gatling Gears thinking it was a sale when it was really a price drop (Oops!) I haven't beaten it yet, but for $10 I'm not too disappointed. $5 is a great price for it.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Some good stuff from the EA sale. EVERYONE, go buy DEATHSPANK![/QUOTE]

Nothing for me from EA (I may get "The Arrival", not sure yet), but DeathSpank 1 is definitely a great game!

Nothing for me from EA (I may get "The Arrival", not sure yet), but DeathSpank 1 is definitely a great game!

I was really hoping to pick something up in this sale, but of the things that I don't own, nothing jumps out.

Dragon Age for $15 sounds good, but knowing that all that extra content is out there, most of it not on sale, and would cost me an additional $83 keeps me from from buying. If they put up the Ultimate Edition, which retails for $30, on GoD I'd probably buy it, even at MSRP. But $100 when some of it is on sale is just ridiculous.

I bought and played all the Deathspanks and they were all okay but super repetitive and boring sometimes. If you want a Diablo type game, I rather just stick to Bastion imo even though I recommend getting it for 600 points. 1200 points is too much and the game can be done in a day or two with the game plus.

I have a love and hate relationship with Deathspank, I say if you played the first one and really liked it, go and play the second one, and if you feel it's the same shit then avoid the third because you'll be playing the almost exact same game. I bought all Deathspanks regular price on PSN, I guess this why I'm butthurt and not crazy about the series. If I would of have waited for a cheaper price, I probably would of told you guys to def. go for it.

I'll just be getting Gatling Gears and that's it. I really want Dead Space 2 DLC but the thing is I have the game played on the PS3 and I don't want to go through it again on the 360. I'll wait for a EA sale on PSN .... whenever that will be.

I have everything except Burnout & Aces of the galaxy. I'll grab those two for the hell of it even if I know nothing about the games. I also may pickup the DA2 dlc since I picked up a copy of the game for $10 from BB.

Picked up Dead Space Severed and Burnout Crash.
Considering the Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Content but I havent played the game in a long while.

Was hopping for some sales on Left 4 Dead content. I need to pick up the last map pack they released.

[quote name='Sath666']Go for it man. It's a beautiful and solid game with a lot of content. ;)[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Felder71']I'll also endorse Gatling Gears. For $5, if you have any interest in dual stick shooters, you can't go wrong. Lots of fun levels, upgrades, good graphics, and nice environments.[/QUOTE]

Thank you both! I will check it out again. Achievements manageable?

Also, it is kind of funny how risk factions is on sale again...I also wonder what the sales have been like since it has been on sale so frequently.

[quote name='MfMonster']Thank you both! I will check it out again. Achievements manageable?
.[/QUOTE]

They are quite easy. Only one of the last levels was little tough on hightest difficulty, but nothing super frustrating. :)

One minor correction, reddjoey: Witch Hunt is a Dragon Age: Origins DLC, not a Dragon Age II DLC.

Overally, pretty good sale, but I already have all I want. Wish all the Dragon Age II DLC was on sale, as well as all three Deathspank titles...

I refuse. (Only because I already bought it. :razz: )

Bought pretty much all the DLC I didn't have yet and will probably get Burnout Crash. Good thing I got that points card for Christmas.

The price drop games look like a good set too. Might not pick them up now, but Vigilante 8, Ages of the Galaxy, and Commanders: Attack, Let's Golf: Tee It Up all look tempting.

If you enjoy hacking and slashing things to bits and can appreciate a balance of clever and corny humor, then yes, buy Deathspank. Someone called it "a little short" but I promise you there is plenty of mileage for 600 points.

Debating between Burnout Crash and Aces of the Galaxy, since 410 points is all I have to part with. (How am I ever going to be rid of that 10?)

edit: After seeing that Aces of the Galaxy was in fact published by Sierra (thanks Wikipedia), that's reason enough for me to believe it's a price drop and not a sale - therefore, it can wait. Burnout, here I come.

Picked up Burnout Crash and Vigilante 8 + DLC. I'll probably get the Dead Space 2 DLC since I'm sure I'll buy the game eventually. Downloaded the rest of the trials that are on sale to see if I like any.

Crysis must be glitched, it's showing its regular MSRP of $19.99 even though the dashboard has an advertisement of it that says "On Sale Now".

Good job OP for up-keeping these sales unlike Major Nelson lately.

I'm sold on the NFS Armed and Dangerous Pack, but are the car packs really worth paying for? I'm all for having more options, but I don't need them. :)

[quote name='Necrozilla']Crysis must be glitched, it's showing its regular MSRP of $19.99 even though the dashboard has an advertisement of it that says "On Sale Now".

Good job OP for up-keeping these sales unlike Major Nelson lately.[/QUOTE]
it always says its on sale

[quote name='Runch']One minor correction, reddjoey: Witch Hunt is a Dragon Age: Origins DLC, not a Dragon Age II DLC.

Overally, pretty good sale, but I already have all I want. Wish all the Dragon Age II DLC was on sale, as well as all three Deathspank titles...[/QUOTE]

They discounted Witch Hunt in Origins but not MotA for 2?! And no ME 2 discounts at all? Hmm.

Only the first Deathspank! I was really looking forward to the other two. Guess I'll download some demos since I haven't played or heard of most of these games.

[quote name='MSUHitman']They discounted Witch Hunt in Origins but not MotA for 2?! And no ME 2 discounts at all? Hmm.[/QUOTE]

ME2's Arrival DLC is 50% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back